Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,356 members, 7,920,340 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 02:53 AM

Tijani Muiz Adeyinka First Bank Employee On The Run After Diverting ₦40 Billion - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Tijani Muiz Adeyinka First Bank Employee On The Run After Diverting ₦40 Billion (3562 Views)

First Bank Employee On The Run After Diverting ₦40 Billion; Bank Begins Recovery / Abiola Tijani Rapes A Woman In the UK / Temitope Adeyinka Wanted By British Police, £10,000 Bounty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Tijani Muiz Adeyinka First Bank Employee On The Run After Diverting ₦40 Billion by Whalis: 4:05pm On Jun 01
First Bank employee on the run after diverting ₦40 billion; bank begins recovery
By Olumuyiwa Olowogboyega and Muktar Oladunmade
May 31, 2024

Image source: Techc
First Bank, a Nigerian bank with a market capitalisation of ₦829 billion has begun legal action to recover “huge sums of money” allegedly diverted by an employee at a head office team in Iganmu, Lagos. The employee, now on the run, allegedly diverted those funds to 98 bank accounts classified as first beneficiaries, including his wife’s.

The bank reported the incident to the Nigerian Police Force on March 25, 2024, and obtained three court orders between April 4–8, 2024 to block hundreds of bank accounts believed to have received the stolen funds.

Three people with direct knowledge of the incident told TechCabal that while the initial amount discovered to be diverted was around ₦12 billion, it now stands at around ₦40 billion ($29 million).

As a manager on the electronic products team at First Bank, the employee, identified by court documents as Tijani Muiz Adeyinka was authorised to process reversals for customers, said one First Bank employee with knowledge of the matter. It meant he controlled an account with which he processed those reversals and could credit merchant accounts.
https://techcabal.com/2024/05/31/first-bank-employee-on-the-run-after-40bn-fraud/
Re: Tijani Muiz Adeyinka First Bank Employee On The Run After Diverting ₦40 Billion by dododawa1: 4:17pm On Jun 01
Photocopy
Re: Tijani Muiz Adeyinka First Bank Employee On The Run After Diverting ₦40 Billion by emnite(m): 4:37pm On Jun 01
Why running get yourself a good lawyer fight them
Re: Tijani Muiz Adeyinka First Bank Employee On The Run After Diverting ₦40 Billion by nwaimkper: 4:56pm On Jun 01
40 billion naira! He thief reach politicians

1 Like

Re: Tijani Muiz Adeyinka First Bank Employee On The Run After Diverting ₦40 Billion by IkeIgboNiile(m): 5:54pm On Jun 01
Nawa oh, I'm yet to understand this story well.

5 Likes

Re: Tijani Muiz Adeyinka First Bank Employee On The Run After Diverting ₦40 Billion by 4reala(m): 6:05pm On Jun 01
The story never still clear me

1 Like

Re: Tijani Muiz Adeyinka First Bank Employee On The Run After Diverting ₦40 Billion by Mynd44: 8:28pm On Jun 01

1 Like 1 Share

(1)

How I Was Scammed Of My Than 100k By Someone I Thought Was My Brother (photo) / Ugandan Man Commits Suicide After He Caught Wife Having Sex With Another Man (Gr / Scam Alert. Omotoso Babatunde Ezekiel Is A Fraudster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.