Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,822 members, 7,876,115 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 10:06 AM

When You Go Through Difficulties (2) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When You Go Through Difficulties (2) (81 Views)

When You Go Through Difficulties (3) / When You Go Through Difficulties (1) / Why Some Born-again Ladies Are Finding Difficulties To Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When You Go Through Difficulties (2) by Btruth: 7:00am On Jun 02
When you go through difficulties (2)

Sun, 2 Jun 2024

‘In God I have put my trust; I will not fear. What can flesh do to me?’ Psalm 56:4

Here are two more things Joseph understood that you need to understand as well:

1) You can’t afford to give in to self-pity. Perhaps you’re going through a trial right now and you’re an innocent party – the victim of a situation you didn’t cause. Consider Joseph’s reaction when he was in a similar position. The first thing he didn’t do was succumb to self-pity. Why? Because it’s a major contributor to depression. Often when we experience a serious problem and our self-esteem is already at its lowest ebb, we start blaming ourselves and putting ourselves down. Joseph didn’t do that. He understood that the crisis he was in wasn’t of his own making, and he tried to look at it realistically. When you’re in a storm and you allow your boat to turn sideways, the storm will capsize you. Similarly, when storms come into your life, the best way to overcome them is to trust God and face them head-on, like Joseph did.

2) Never make a major decision when you’re depressed. Many times when we’re discouraged, we’re tempted to say, ‘I’m going to give up,’ or ‘I’m going to switch jobs,’ or ‘I’m going to move away,’ or ‘I’m going to file for divorce.’ Please don’t do that! When you’re downcast and despondent, your feelings are unreliable, your focus becomes blurred, and you lose your perspective when it comes to exercising good judgement. So what should you do? Trust God to bring you through it! Say with the psalmist, ‘In God I have put my trust; I will not fear. What can flesh do to me?’ (Psalm 56:4 NKJV)

(1) (Reply)

Bible Quiz Genesis 1-50 With Answers / Generational Curses Are Empowered By Evil Words Spoken You Refuse To Cancel. / (2). 12 Dreams Of Evil Initiations.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.