Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,306 members, 7,947,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 08:24 PM

Eagles Fly Alone: Why True Christians Shouldn't Fear Being Outnumbered (Photos) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Eagles Fly Alone: Why True Christians Shouldn't Fear Being Outnumbered (Photos) (283 Views)

Eagles Fly Alone. Pigeons Flock Together. / Jehovahs Witnesses that believe they are the only True Christians.Please come in / Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eagles Fly Alone: Why True Christians Shouldn't Fear Being Outnumbered (Photos) by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:45am On Jun 02
Eagles Fly Alone: Why True Christians Shouldn't Fear Being Outnumbered

True Christians are eagles, not pigeons.

Luke 17:37 (KJV)

37 And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together.

Eagles are few, not many.

Matthew 22:14 (KJV)

14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

Eagles follow the strait and narrow path not the wide and broad way.

Matthew 7:13-14 (KJV)

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Therefore whenever you find yourself alone or being outnumbered because you're a true Christian, do not be afraid, because the way that leads to life is narrow (not wide), and only a few (eagles) are able to find it.

God bless.

Re: Eagles Fly Alone: Why True Christians Shouldn't Fear Being Outnumbered (Photos) by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:45am On Jun 02
I don't mind being alone or outnumbered because i'm not about numbers but quality.

Though i'm not against numbers, but for me individual quality is foremost, and comes first before anything else.

Hence why I do not concur with the orientation and certain sayings that favor numbers or quantity over individual quality.

For instance, there's the widely accepted saying that "two heads are better than one", however I beg to differ, because it depends on the quality of the two heads as opposed to that of the one, as two heads can be two bad heads while one can be a good head.

It's on that basis I believe that one head could be better than two heads or even more.

So if I have to choose between ten bad heads and one good head, instead of choosing ten bad heads because of the numbers, I would ten times over take one good head over the ten bad ones because of quality.

Hence why I would rather have one eagle that flies alone, than many pigeons that flock together.

Because despite being just one eagle, I know what I'm getting from one eagle, as in that respect, one is one!

However if I can get another eagle to add to that one, why not? It's better than having one eagle. If I can also get another one to add to the two, that's even much better.

But then if I could yet get another to add to those ones, I can now start talking about numbers, because I know that even though I got numbers, I still got quality.

God bless.

Re: Eagles Fly Alone: Why True Christians Shouldn't Fear Being Outnumbered (Photos) by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:46am On Jun 02
This was one thing I learnt from Jesus, because Jesus wasn't about numbers or quantity-oriented but all about quality, hence His preference to keep twelve disciples (although one was a devil), over the many that left at some point. {John 6:66}

Even in His prayer life, He was not about numbers, because He was usually praying alone. And even when He had people praying with Him, it was just His top three disciples and not even the whole twelve. {Matthew 14:23, Luke 9:28}

That's because Jesus knew the importance of quality concerning what He was about and aimed to achieve, because He knew that it was because of His quality that the devil could prevail nothing against Him regardless of what he devised against Him. So for Him to build a church that could be able to withstand the devil to the extent He was able to do, He knew He needed to build a church of His kind of quality. {Matthew 16:18}

That's why despite many of His disciples leaving Him at some point and never walked with Him again, He wasn't bothered because He didn't seek to build a church of quantity but of quality.

Hence when He was through with the church, the quality of the church He had built spoke for itself, as that is yet the most powerful and resilient church in history.

God bless.

Re: Eagles Fly Alone: Why True Christians Shouldn't Fear Being Outnumbered (Photos) by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:47am On Jun 02
Today the orientation of christians and church leaders as a whole is very different from that of Jesus, because they are all about numbers instead of quality. So they do or say just about anything they could to get more people into the church building, erroneously thinking it's the numbers or perhaps the loudness of the amen that would determine the result.

But the result speaks for itself, as in spite the record numbers of people in the several gigantic structures they constructed for that purpose, the church is only a shadow of the church that Jesus built in terms of power, resilience and impact, despite the fact that numberwise, that church so much pales in comparison to this.

That's because heaven doesn't respond to numbers (quantity) but quality.

God bless.

Re: Eagles Fly Alone: Why True Christians Shouldn't Fear Being Outnumbered (Photos) by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:48am On Jun 02
It's not about gathering numbers but gathering quality.

What distinguishes the gathering of eagles from those of the pigeons is the quality of the gathering.

Something about quality is that it isn't common.

That's why it's so easy to see pigeons gathering but hardly ever eagles.

So when Jesus uses the gathering of the eagles instead of those of the pigeons to describe those that would be caught up to be with Him on the last day, it means the gathering would not be a gathering of many as many erroneously think but a gathering of a few, because of how hard it would take to be a part of that gathering.

Hence why Jesus warned us to make every effort to be a part of that gathering on that day, because it won't be easy.

Luke 13:24 (KJV)

Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

God bless.

Re: Eagles Fly Alone: Why True Christians Shouldn't Fear Being Outnumbered (Photos) by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:49am On Jun 02
There must be a good reason eagles were often used to illustrate the people of God, never pigeons.

Isaiah 40:31 (KJV)

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

God bless

Re: Eagles Fly Alone: Why True Christians Shouldn't Fear Being Outnumbered (Photos) by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:23am On Jun 09
Gathering of eagles!

Re: Eagles Fly Alone: Why True Christians Shouldn't Fear Being Outnumbered (Photos) by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:04am On Jun 23
It's all about spiritual quality.

Re: Eagles Fly Alone: Why True Christians Shouldn't Fear Being Outnumbered (Photos) by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:07am On Jul 21
Revelation 12:14

And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

(1) (Reply)

Plans To Assassinate Buhari Are Been Strategized -fr. Mbaka’s Explosive New Year / Over The Same Length Of Time / Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.