Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,174 members, 7,884,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 12:20 AM

₦25M Mercedes Burnt To Ashes Due To Fire Extinguisher Ignorance (Pic, Video) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ₦25M Mercedes Burnt To Ashes Due To Fire Extinguisher Ignorance (Pic, Video) (1584 Views)

5 Reasons Why You Must Have Fire Extinguisher In Your Car / Man Burnt His SUV To Ashes While Trying To Make A Way For It (Photos, Video) / Types Of Vehicles And The Amount Of Fire Extinguisher(s) They Should Have – FRSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

₦25M Mercedes Burnt To Ashes Due To Fire Extinguisher Ignorance (Pic, Video) by NairaOcean: 1:42pm On Jun 02
A Mercedes Benz C300 valued at over ₦25 million was completely destroyed by fire. Eyewitnesses report that the driver and bystanders were unable to contain the blaze due to a lack of knowledge on how to properly use a fire extinguisher. shocked

The incident which occurred on a busy road. Witnesses described the scene as "chaotic" and "devastating" as the car's occupants and passersby watched helplessly as the vehicle was consumed by flames.

Despite the availability of fire extinguishers, the driver and bystanders were unable to contain the fire because they did not know how to use them. The flames quickly engulfed the vehicle, reducing it to ashes within minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYk57MWVnRI

1 Like

Re: ₦25M Mercedes Burnt To Ashes Due To Fire Extinguisher Ignorance (Pic, Video) by Puss360(f): 1:45pm On Jun 02
Looks like old video

2 Likes

Re: ₦25M Mercedes Burnt To Ashes Due To Fire Extinguisher Ignorance (Pic, Video) by minasu190: 1:49pm On Jun 02
As per the driver no die,hope still dey

2 Likes

Re: ₦25M Mercedes Burnt To Ashes Due To Fire Extinguisher Ignorance (Pic, Video) by Yugoslavia247(m): 2:03pm On Jun 02
Fire extinguisher is now rocket science

Many youths and drivers refuse to go to driving school like it is a flex.

Ask them road signs and you will see the ignorance

7 Likes

Re: ₦25M Mercedes Burnt To Ashes Due To Fire Extinguisher Ignorance (Pic, Video) by Sonnobax15(m): 3:12pm On Jun 02
lipsrsealed
The first day I got my keke,fire extinguisher was the first thing I bought....

The truth is that we Nigerians have this lackadaisical attitude toward safety rules........

Na when you begin to use road,na then you go know say over 90% of road users are insane cheesy
Re: ₦25M Mercedes Burnt To Ashes Due To Fire Extinguisher Ignorance (Pic, Video) by IamAsiri: 3:24pm On Jun 02
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
The first day I got my keke,fire extinguisher was the first thing I bought....

The truth is that we Nigerians have this lackadaisical attitude toward safety rules........

Na when you begin to use road,na then you go know say over 90% of road users are insane cheesy

The post didn't say he doesn't have, but that he doesn't know how to use it. Could be a yahoo boy though as most of them are very daft.
Re: ₦25M Mercedes Burnt To Ashes Due To Fire Extinguisher Ignorance (Pic, Video) by Zonefree(m): 4:03pm On Jun 02
Mercedes Benz C300 valued at over ₦25 million

I'm only interested how this car jumped from N4.5M in 2022 to N25M in 2024.

3 Likes

Re: ₦25M Mercedes Burnt To Ashes Due To Fire Extinguisher Ignorance (Pic, Video) by ElevationD: 4:42pm On Jun 02
Very sad, very terrible experience. It causes deep pain and shock.

A few years ago, I allowed my cousin drive my BMW from Apapa to Ijora to buy some items. It should not take hi more than one hour. It was a rainy day. After three hours, he returned without the car. When I asked him, he said that he get into deep water and the car stopped. I quickly dashed to the place with him, as it was getting late in the evening. On arrival there, some mechanics who claimed to know all quickly appeared. Electricians also came. They tried to start the car but it would not work. They cut off some wires and I was worried. Suddenly the wires sparked and the car caught fire. See panic and running around. I brought out the fire extinguisher and the started getting buckets of mud water. It took some time and it stopped.

In those minutes, I was in deep shock and fear. I thanked God for saving the car. I towed the car to my BMW engineer and he took two days to fix the car properly at a great cost.

1 Like

Re: ₦25M Mercedes Burnt To Ashes Due To Fire Extinguisher Ignorance (Pic, Video) by Emmanuel909090: 5:10pm On Jun 02
Charlie this education we for know, Charlie the car burn.
Re: ₦25M Mercedes Burnt To Ashes Due To Fire Extinguisher Ignorance (Pic, Video) by tanigororo: 5:39pm On Jun 02
Whoa
ElevationD:
Very sad, very terrible experience. It causes deep pain and shock.

A few years ago, I allowed my cousin drive my BMW from Apapa to Ijora to buy some items. It should not take hi more than one hour. It was a rainy day. After three hours, he returned without the car. When I asked him, he said that he get into deep water and the car stopped. I quickly dashed to the place with him, as it was getting late in the evening. On arrival there, some mechanics who claimed to know all quickly appeared. Electricians also came. They tried to start the car but it would not work. They cut off some wires and I was worried. Suddenly the wires sparked and the car caught fire. See panic and running around. I brought out the fire extinguisher and the started getting buckets of mud water. It took some time and it stopped.

In those minutes, I was in deep shock and fear. I thanked God for saving the car. I towed the car to my BMW engineer and he took two days to fix the car properly at a great cost.

Reason why car owners are reluctant to borrow people their car, on my way home on Thursday the car I boarded caught fire on third mainland bridge we exhausted the fire extinguisher in the car and a good Samaritan gave us his too to extinguish the fire.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦25M Mercedes Burnt To Ashes Due To Fire Extinguisher Ignorance (Pic, Video) by franchasofficia: 5:42pm On Jun 02
cry cry
Re: ₦25M Mercedes Burnt To Ashes Due To Fire Extinguisher Ignorance (Pic, Video) by SouthSouth1914: 8:57pm On Jun 02
The fire started from the fuel line under the car. Fire extinguisher won’t be able to save that !

2 Likes

Re: ₦25M Mercedes Burnt To Ashes Due To Fire Extinguisher Ignorance (Pic, Video) by Rexymania(m): 9:40pm On Jun 02
Hmmm e go far.... anxiety led to that

(1) (Reply)

Automatic Transmission Fluid Change / Rolls Royce Vs Bentley? [PHOTO] / Gazzuzz/mayor13/cardoctor/other Auto Gurus: Please Is This Normal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.