Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,116 members, 7,987,919 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 07:54 PM

Many Feared Dead In Anambra Multiple Crash, Soludo's Revenue Agents Indicted - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Many Feared Dead In Anambra Multiple Crash, Soludo's Revenue Agents Indicted (715 Views)

Imo: Many Feared Dead As Nigerian Soldiers, Gunmen Engage In Gun Battle / Is This One Of The '80 Nigerians' Indicted For Fraud Spraying Dollars? / Full List Of Nigerians Indicted For $1.1B Internet Scam In The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Feared Dead In Anambra Multiple Crash, Soludo's Revenue Agents Indicted by IzunnaOkafor(m): 2:06pm On Jun 02
By Izunna Okafor, Awka

Many people were feared dead on Sunday in a ghastly multiple road traffic crash that occured in Oba, Idemili North Local Government Area of Anambra State.

This reporter, Izunna Okafor, gathered that the fatal crash, which occurred along the Onitsha—Owerri Expressway in the early hours of the day, involved no fewer than five vehicles, including tricycles and a trailer.

Videos from the scene of the crash, currently trending on the social media, also show some corpses lying in the pool of their blood along the road, while some others are still trapped under the trailer.

The videos also show some tricycles that fell into ditch at the crash scene, with crowd of sympathizers trying to offer help, while also bemoaning the extent of the fatality that resulted from the crash.

Although the details and the actual cause of the crash are still sketchy, some the sympathizers were overhead in the video blaming, and attributing the crash to the activities of the touts in the area.

“Oh my God ooo... See what these Agbero people (touts) are causing here... These Agbero! These Agbero!! These Agbero!!! Just behold someone's child! Chaị!” one of the sympathizers was overhead lamenting in the video.

The crash, as was observed from the videos, has also caused serious traffic gridlock along the road, as many road users stopped-by to behold the scene.

Reacting in a chat, regarding the incident, the Anambra State Sector Commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), CC Adeoye Irelewuyi, confirmed the crash, and further explained that it happened in the early hours of the day.

CC Irelewuyi, while noting that the details of the crash are still being gathered, however, revealed that some youths in Oba are protesting over the crash.

“Yes, there was an RTC at Oba along Onitsha -Owerri expressway earlier today. Details of the crash is still being gathered. Some youths in the town and others are allegedly protesting over the incident,” the FRSC Boss wrote.

It would be recalled that three tricycles were similarly crushes, while three persons died instantly at the Onitsha River Niger Bridgehead on April 4, 2023, when a truck rammed into the tricycles while trying to run away from group of touts and self-acclaimed revenue agents of the state government who were chasing after it with long sticks.

Re: Many Feared Dead In Anambra Multiple Crash, Soludo's Revenue Agents Indicted by Saintganduje: 2:08pm On Jun 02
This is enough for Soludo to lose second term election.

1 Like

Re: Many Feared Dead In Anambra Multiple Crash, Soludo's Revenue Agents Indicted by Curious345: 2:34pm On Jun 02
Too much unwarranted loss of life is going on in the South East.

1 Like

Re: Many Feared Dead In Anambra Multiple Crash, Soludo's Revenue Agents Indicted by immortalcrown(m): 2:35pm On Jun 02
Terrible!
Re: Many Feared Dead In Anambra Multiple Crash, Soludo's Revenue Agents Indicted by Ohraykon: 3:34pm On Jun 02
Why is there so much blood shed in naija? This could have been avoided, Nigerians can start the revolution, don't you want a good and safe place for your children?

2 Likes

Re: Many Feared Dead In Anambra Multiple Crash, Soludo's Revenue Agents Indicted by Pepperdemisback: 4:21pm On Jun 02
RIP to them.
Agberos and Owo mi na dey for Anambra? This should be fake news cos everybody is a Billionaire there. I thought they are only in Lagos. This must be another fake news from Lagos/Ibadan Expressway journalist.
Let's hear how they will justify this one again as usual and compare it to another state instead of criticism.

NB They should always learn to censor pictures on NL please!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Many Feared Dead In Anambra Multiple Crash, Soludo's Revenue Agents Indicted by justdream(m): 4:48pm On Jun 02
My mind always told me something like this will happen one day. The way those idiots block that road in the name of collecting tolls ehn, it was just a matter of time. They will just spread along the road, constituting nuisance.

Also, Checkpoints along that Onitsha-Owerri road is another disaster looming. Different outfits of the Police mounting illegal blocks collecting toll....

1 Like

Re: Many Feared Dead In Anambra Multiple Crash, Soludo's Revenue Agents Indicted by Pepperdemisback: 4:52pm On Jun 02
Saintganduje:
This is enough for Soludo to lose second term election.
Why? Na Soludo cause the accident?
Re: Many Feared Dead In Anambra Multiple Crash, Soludo's Revenue Agents Indicted by Saintganduje: 5:08pm On Jun 02
Pepperdemisback:

Why? Na Soludo cause the accident?
Did you read the article at all?
Re: Many Feared Dead In Anambra Multiple Crash, Soludo's Revenue Agents Indicted by Creamypie(m): 5:11pm On Jun 02
All those animals in east wey be say them no send if person get serious accident in the process of tax collection, blocking expressway with nails.
Re: Many Feared Dead In Anambra Multiple Crash, Soludo's Revenue Agents Indicted by Pepperdemisback: 5:53pm On Jun 02
Saintganduje:
Did you read the article at all?
Yes, I did! The article said the the accident happened in the early hours of the day and the information is still sketchy. Someone said it was caused by Agberos.
Is Agberos the reformed name for Soludo's Tax collectors or do Soludo Tax Collectors work at early hours?
Please explain to me, maybe I am missing something

1 Like

Re: Many Feared Dead In Anambra Multiple Crash, Soludo's Revenue Agents Indicted by Pepperdemisback: 5:57pm On Jun 02
justdream:
My mind always told me something like this will happen one day. The way those idiots block that road in the name of collecting tolls ehn, it was just a matter of time. They will just spread along the road, constituting nuisance.

Also, Checkpoints along that Onitsha-Owerri road is another disaster looming. Different outfits of the Police mounting illegal blocks collecting toll....
Are they working for the Government or themselves? Cos the word used is 'Agbero'.
People have carried a lot of news about similar incidents, but instead of calling out the Government, they will say it is criticisms of Igbos.
Re: Many Feared Dead In Anambra Multiple Crash, Soludo's Revenue Agents Indicted by john1101(m): 10:19pm On Jun 02
Crab's mentality, it can't be me? It must not be me, systematic calamity, ones has to be extra careful in our only country..
Re: Many Feared Dead In Anambra Multiple Crash, Soludo's Revenue Agents Indicted by NaijaPrince18: 1:28am On Jun 03
Pepperdemisback:
RIP to them.
Agberos and Owo mi na dey for Anambra? This should be fake news cos everybody is a Billionaire there. I thought they are only in Lagos. This must be another fake news from Lagos/Ibadan Expressway journalist.
Let's hear how they will justify this one again as usual and compare it to another state instead of criticism.

NB They should always learn to censor pictures on NL please!
Notice how they don’t care… lol. The average one of them is more concerned with anything Yoruba than whether their own are dying. Jealous ass people

(1) (Reply)

Crime Free Man / Jonathan, In Secret Talks To Bring Back Ibori / Mikel's Father May Soon Be Found.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.