Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,161 members, 7,880,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:20 PM

Governor Otti Vows To Fish Out Killers Of Soldiers In Aba (Video) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Governor Otti Vows To Fish Out Killers Of Soldiers In Aba (Video) (8410 Views)

Woman Found Dead, Man Unconscious Inside Office In Aba (Video) / EndSARS Protests Hit Ariaria, Faulks Road, Aba (Video) / Residents Flee Community In Rivers State After Killing Of Soldiers. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Otti Vows To Fish Out Killers Of Soldiers In Aba (Video) by Metrix147: 2:32pm On Jun 02
Abia State Governor, Dr. Alex Otti has assured that the State Government will work with the security agencies to fish out the criminal elements, who ambushed an army post at Obikabia in Obingwa Local Government Area on Thursday, May 30, and killed five soldiers, ABN TV reports.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKWyTnQAj-U

Governor Otti thanked the Nigeria Army high command for reducing the tension that had enveloped the State, following the initial panic and apprehension that seized residents as a result of the brutal killings, by not allowing aggrieved soldiers tow the part of reprisal.

The Governor, who was at the headquarters of the 144 Infantry Battalion of the Nigeria Army in Asa, Ukwa West Local Government Area, on Saturday, on a condolence visit to the wives of the slain soldiers, commiserated with the army and announced a package to take care of the families the fallen soldiers left behind, Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Kazie Uko said in a statement.

"Let me start by sending out words of sympathy to the Nigeria Army, the Brigade Commander (Brigadier General O. O. Diya) himself, and most importantly the families of the five fallen heroes.

"We, as a government, will continue to condemn this dastardly act, a very irresponsible act committed by criminals, who do not want any good for society.

"It's very sad, but then, it has happened and because it has happened, we will need to move on, but we cannot move on without identifying those who are responsible.

"It's as if General Diya was with me at the last place that we went to, where I had promised that we will smoke out whoever is remotely connected to this killing, whoever they are, wherever they are, wherever they run to.

"We are going to work like we have always done, closely with security agencies, particularly the intelligence unit of the security agencies, to ensure that we leave no stone unturned.

"So, I want to reassure the military high command and the leadership of the military in Abia that we are working together to ensure that we bring those people to book.

"The reason I came here (144 Battalion) today is to sympathise with you; to let you know that I feel your pain and I can understand what you're going through at this time.

"On behalf of the government and people of Abia State, I want to assure you that we are behind you. We know that the military high command will also look after you, but because your husband's died here in Abia, we have adopted you as daughters of Abia and your children as children of Abia.

"We have also put a plan in place to ensure that your children would get automatic scholarship until they finish university. From today, until they graduate, they have become the responsibility of the Abia State Government and we're going to make it a law so that even when I leave somebody else will not stop it,"
Governor Otti declared.

He thanked General Diya for helping to de-escalate the tension that had built up in and around Obikabia after the killings, especially Aba, which had come under lockdown, by ensuring free movement of innocent residents and not embarking on a reprisal as an army statement had been credited.

"I heard when the army talked about revenge, I think the right expression should have been that we will smoke out the criminals and deal with them.

"It is not even possible for the good Abia people that I lead to be involved in this. We suspect, even though that I don't have proof that they are people that came from outside to destabilise the good things happening in Abia and we will not let them go scot-free.

"I'm happy that you listened to my call that we de-escalate the tension and I really want to thank you. Aba was on lockdown, but as soon as we had our meeting and we spoke, you reduced the tension and de-accelerated the tension. I really want to thank you," the Governor said.

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/gov-otti-vows-to-fish-out-killers-of-soldiers-in-aba-lauds-army-for-reducing-panic/

4 Likes

Re: Governor Otti Vows To Fish Out Killers Of Soldiers In Aba (Video) by sleek214(m): 2:34pm On Jun 02
Rubbish. You failed to do what you were supposed to do before the Sit-at-home. The soldiers will fish out the killers themselves in their own way

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Otti Vows To Fish Out Killers Of Soldiers In Aba (Video) by JackDaAlienz(m): 9:40pm On Jun 02
Those bastard politicians heard about the Good news happening in Abia State

They were not happy
So they left Anambra and Imo state and decided to cause Chaos in Abia State

Gov. Alex Otti I know you already know the evil politicians doing this.
But exposing them will put you in big trouble.
Because the Evil politicians work for FG

Sir Alex, you 1000% know the attackers are not IPOB
They are privately funded state actors causing chaos in South East

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjTrq_sicXU?si=3mh5RPCj8WDG2PhD

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Otti Vows To Fish Out Killers Of Soldiers In Aba (Video) by McLizbae: 9:40pm On Jun 02
Lols... Dem don add unnecessary assignments for this guy... Hope say we go still see newly built roads in the coming months like this.. Lols.. But seriously sad

6 Likes

Re: Governor Otti Vows To Fish Out Killers Of Soldiers In Aba (Video) by femtex007(m): 9:40pm On Jun 02
How biko?
Is it not your ipob brothers that did it?
Enugu, imo, ebony, anambra beefed up security. Cos they knew those guys were up to no good but u said u have not problem with what they are doing. Now see that u have caused all because u want to win ipob hearts.
Everything is not all about politics
Even after everything. He never mentioned ipob in any way. So he's part of them

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Otti Vows To Fish Out Killers Of Soldiers In Aba (Video) by Ejiakusmith(m): 9:41pm On Jun 02
Best active Governor so far them wan just spoil this man hard labour with bad news 📰📰 but his God will disgrace them

4 Likes

Re: Governor Otti Vows To Fish Out Killers Of Soldiers In Aba (Video) by Thekaghan: 9:41pm On Jun 02
They are feeling the heat already.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Otti Vows To Fish Out Killers Of Soldiers In Aba (Video) by Ttipsy(f): 9:42pm On Jun 02
sleek214:
Rubbish. You failed to do what you were supposed to do before the Sit-at-home. The soldiers will fish out the killers themselves in their own way
Go to Aba and fish dem out. Didn’t u watch the video?

See as you carry the matter for head
Edward

15 Likes

Re: Governor Otti Vows To Fish Out Killers Of Soldiers In Aba (Video) by brutal1(m): 9:42pm On Jun 02
grin grin Otti rest, no be you encourage them? You nor need fish them out, who no borrow go pay. That Una head wey nor correct, we go cut am off
Metrix147:

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/gov-otti-vows-to-fish-out-killers-of-soldiers-in-aba-lauds-army-for-reducing-panic/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Otti Vows To Fish Out Killers Of Soldiers In Aba (Video) by malali: 9:42pm On Jun 02
Charles Ugochkwu,

Ugwu Gideon ,

Ikpeama Ikechukwu and

Augustine Emanuel

4 more reasons why Nnamdi Kanu must never breathe the air of freedom.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Otti Vows To Fish Out Killers Of Soldiers In Aba (Video) by BigYash: 9:42pm On Jun 02
sleek214:
They will only arrest innocent people and tag them “the killers “
They are good at humiliating unarmed citizens..

2 Likes

Re: Governor Otti Vows To Fish Out Killers Of Soldiers In Aba (Video) by StOla: 9:43pm On Jun 02
He eventually realised he had a responsibility as the CSO of the state.

5 Likes

Re: Governor Otti Vows To Fish Out Killers Of Soldiers In Aba (Video) by Metordman: 9:43pm On Jun 02
sleek214:
The way Jagaban also failed Nigerians for 1 year now

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Otti Vows To Fish Out Killers Of Soldiers In Aba (Video) by amnesty7: 9:43pm On Jun 02
Better
Re: Governor Otti Vows To Fish Out Killers Of Soldiers In Aba (Video) by Hndrrxxx(m): 9:43pm On Jun 02
Cff
Re: Governor Otti Vows To Fish Out Killers Of Soldiers In Aba (Video) by Peakdesign23(m): 9:43pm On Jun 02
Is that possible?
Re: Governor Otti Vows To Fish Out Killers Of Soldiers In Aba (Video) by brutal1(m): 9:44pm On Jun 02
It's as simple as that, he doesn't need to fish them out, they will fish and meat them out...e fit try this nonsense under OBj?
sleek214:

1 Like

Re: Governor Otti Vows To Fish Out Killers Of Soldiers In Aba (Video) by Chikel20000(m): 9:44pm On Jun 02
Well spoken Otti...allow those up there to continue spewing trash

1 Like

Re: Governor Otti Vows To Fish Out Killers Of Soldiers In Aba (Video) by theophorus(m): 9:44pm On Jun 02
Okay Sir.
But you sure say your people no go collect like this? Cos dem don go touch beehive ooo but sha since you don beg small, May NA go reduce their lashing.
Re: Governor Otti Vows To Fish Out Killers Of Soldiers In Aba (Video) by PeterObi4LP: 9:44pm On Jun 02
sleek214:

Fvck you

8 Likes

Re: Governor Otti Vows To Fish Out Killers Of Soldiers In Aba (Video) by udemzyudex(m): 9:45pm On Jun 02
sleek214:

Online lo wa, keep ranting, keep supporting nonsense.

8 Likes

Re: Governor Otti Vows To Fish Out Killers Of Soldiers In Aba (Video) by LegendHero(m): 9:46pm On Jun 02
Nice one. I applaud Otti stance so far he is being genuine.

However, the Nigeria army is already on top of their game. They will fish the killer out themselves and bring them to justice.

Otti should just support them as usual and everything will be good.

1 Like

Re: Governor Otti Vows To Fish Out Killers Of Soldiers In Aba (Video) by Lapinski: 9:46pm On Jun 02
Cry cry baby, na your parents army go kpai
sleek214:

7 Likes

Re: Governor Otti Vows To Fish Out Killers Of Soldiers In Aba (Video) by kingolu1(m): 9:46pm On Jun 02
It was really a sad incident,how I wish w can all Live happily without violence against one another .
Re: Governor Otti Vows To Fish Out Killers Of Soldiers In Aba (Video) by Sultanofpiglets: 9:46pm On Jun 02
The fact remains that ....

The retaliation is what is being looked forward to .

Simple ..

We have noted Yoruba involvement with events concerning this issue ..and other actions detrimental to IGBO causes .

This is the sentiment being Echoed all around IGBO land..

Re: Governor Otti Vows To Fish Out Killers Of Soldiers In Aba (Video) by mukshin(m): 9:47pm On Jun 02
Ipob is Lord in that area who born the Governor.

femtex007:
How biko?
Is it not your ipob brothers that did it?
Enugu, imo, ebony, anambra beefed up security. Cos they knew those guys were up to no good but u said u have not problem with what they are doing. Now see that u have caused all because u want to win ipob hearts.
Everything is not all about politics

2 Likes

Re: Governor Otti Vows To Fish Out Killers Of Soldiers In Aba (Video) by Sultanofpiglets: 9:47pm On Jun 02
Is this the retaliation you have been shouting for almost forever?

What are they ON TOP SEF? Na preeeeek or pvvvvsy?

Enlighten the forum..

Una dey learn work... cool

LegendHero:
Nice one. I applaud Otti stance so far he is being genuine.

However, the Nigeria army is already on top of their game. They will fish the killer out themselves and bring them to justice.

Otti should just support them as usual and everything will be good.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Otti Vows To Fish Out Killers Of Soldiers In Aba (Video) by Mrincredy(m): 9:47pm On Jun 02
How phones get to careless people still amazes me . It's like you have never seen the wrath of a man with a gun. Indulge me I beg what you think the Governor should have done .
sleek214:

3 Likes

Re: Governor Otti Vows To Fish Out Killers Of Soldiers In Aba (Video) by Blaze14k: 9:48pm On Jun 02
McLizbae:
Lols... Dem don add assignments for this guy... Hope say we go still see newly built roads in the coming months like this.. Lols

If the governor didn't say anything you will complain if says something you complain when they are caught you keep quiet ogbeni what is your problem?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Female Thief Caught Hiding provisions In Her Underwear (photo) / A Bite Of History- The Police Officer That Worked For Lawrence Anini (photo) / *NYCN Orumba South Holds Massive Campaign Against Child Abuse, Infant Pregnancy*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.