Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,645 members, 7,921,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 01:54 AM

See How Cheap A Tuber Of Yam Is In UK (Pics) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See How Cheap A Tuber Of Yam Is In UK (Pics) (1290 Views)

Bought Nice Big Tuber Of Yam Yesterday For 4000 Naira. Picture Inckuded / ₦1,200 Tuber Of Yam In Ibadan (Pictured) / See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Cheap A Tuber Of Yam Is In UK (Pics) by FameGlory(m): 5:04pm On Jun 02
Hello guys.

So someone living in UK went to buy Yam and posted the Yam he bought on Facebook with the price tag on it.

He bought the yam at the rate of £3.55.

This shows that foodstuffs are very cheap in the UK.

Unlike in Nigeria where such tuber of Yam will be nothing less than 7,000 Naira in some places especially with hike in food prices as we speak.

Some families now no dey chop yam again because of how expensive it has become.

So the next time u see someone coming back from UK, abeg give them money to help you buy foodstuffs when they are coming because Food is cheaper in UK than Nigeria.

No wonder those in UK do not want to come back to Nigeria.

"Things are hard in UK...Don't come to UK...Things are expensive in UK"

Keep listening to such talks.

E no reach their kitchen.

Food is cheaper in UK than in Nigeria.

Re: See How Cheap A Tuber Of Yam Is In UK (Pics) by ziragoldd(m): 5:07pm On Jun 02
The standard of living over there in UK is far better than Nigeria. It's cheap yeah.. but you don't need to convert it to naira cause u earn in pounds not naira

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Cheap A Tuber Of Yam Is In UK (Pics) by ucheheart(m): 5:34pm On Jun 02
Cheap! Hmm, you don't know what you are saying. I thought it was even 3 or 4 tubers you bought at that price and you are boldly telling us it is cheap. My friend the same tuber of yam can not be more than N1500, you can even get it lesser in some states like Benue. No dey wine us abeg.

8 Likes

Re: See How Cheap A Tuber Of Yam Is In UK (Pics) by nicedayontop: 6:10pm On Jun 02
Are u serious?
Re: See How Cheap A Tuber Of Yam Is In UK (Pics) by Baawaa(m): 6:14pm On Jun 02
ziragoldd:
The standard of living over there in UK is far better than Nigeria. It's cheap yeah.. but you don't need to convert it to naira cause u earn in pounds not naira
You don"t know what you are saying,how much is their wages?

1 Like

Re: See How Cheap A Tuber Of Yam Is In UK (Pics) by ziragoldd(m): 6:16pm On Jun 02
Baawaa:

You don"t know what you are saying,how much is their wages?
€7 to €20 per hour

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Cheap A Tuber Of Yam Is In UK (Pics) by Treasure17(m): 6:24pm On Jun 02
ucheheart:
Cheap! Hmm, you don't know what you are saying. I thought it was even 3 or 4 tubers you bought at that price and you are boldly telling us it is cheap. My friend the same tuber of yam can not be more than N1500, you can even get it lesser in some states like Benue. No dey wine us abeg.
You must be one of the descendants of lie Muhammad. And I don't really think you've been to the market lately. No where on earth you are getting that price not even in your so called Benue. Yam is so expensive right now.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See How Cheap A Tuber Of Yam Is In UK (Pics) by FameGlory(m): 7:20pm On Jun 02
ucheheart:

Did u just say N1,500?😂
It's clear you are not in Nigeria.
Thanks for chatting us from Ivory Coast.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See How Cheap A Tuber Of Yam Is In UK (Pics) by Premiumbuy(m): 7:40pm On Jun 02
Premium Be Unto You

Don't really believe in the conversion rate, but hit the like if you still believe that the yam is cheap at that price.

1 Like

Re: See How Cheap A Tuber Of Yam Is In UK (Pics) by Konquest: 11:20pm On Jun 02
FameGlory:
Hello guys.

So someone living in UK went to buy Yam and posted the Yam he bought on Facebook with the price tag on it.

He bought the yam at the rate of £3.55.

This shows that foodstuffs are very cheap in the UK.

Unlike in Nigeria where such tuber of Yam will be nothing less than 7,000 Naira in some places especially with hike in food prices as we speak.

Some families now no dey chop yam again because of how expensive it has become.

So the next time u see someone coming back from UK, abeg give them money to help you buy foodstuffs when they are coming because Food is cheaper in UK than Nigeria.

No wonder those in UK do not want to come back to Nigeria.

"Things are hard in UK...Don't come to UK...Things are expensive in UK"

Keep listening to such talks.

E no reach their kitchen.

Food is cheaper in UK than in Nigeria.

Most certified yams sold in the UK are brought in from Ghana.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Cheap A Tuber Of Yam Is In UK (Pics) by Nemesis0147(m): 5:17am On Jun 03
ucheheart:
you said 1500?
It is obvious that you are still being fed by your parents.
No offense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Cheap A Tuber Of Yam Is In UK (Pics) by Villa12(m): 12:59pm On Jun 03
ucheheart:
lol

I just confirmed what people always say that most of you guys are teenagers that are being fed by your parents at home but opportuned to have access to the Internet
Re: See How Cheap A Tuber Of Yam Is In UK (Pics) by Dijita: 6:40pm On Jun 04
You all can be deceiving yourself. There is no way the price of yam will be cheaper in UK than Nigeria.
This is from Jiji. you can check it out yourself

(1) (Reply)

Eggs! / BEANS - The Reason Why I Hate Saturday Morning. Meals U Don't Like? / Pls Where Can I Find Star Fruit In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.