Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,119 members, 7,949,834 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 08:16 PM

Dominion In Rest (part 3) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dominion In Rest (part 3) (89 Views)

Dominion In Rest (part 4) / Pastor David Ogbueli Celebrates 51st Birthday: Biography, Founder Dominion City / Shiloh 2018 Dominion: Live Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dominion In Rest (part 3) by Interesting15: 5:34pm On Jun 02
Wisdom For Destiny Daily Devotional *(2nd June, 2024)*

by *Sunday Akanni*

TOPIC: Dominion In Rest (Part 3)

Genesis 1:26 ‬
"Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

*Message*

Yesterday, reading from Matthew 11:28 where Jesus says, "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest", we said this is not only an invitation for sinners and unbelievers who are yet to know Him alone, but it's also an invitation for believers who aren't living a life based on His principles and wisdom. We established the truth that a person isn't meant to live life hard and rigorously with the heavy laden of their human efforts and principles. However, we are meant to devote our lives to spreading the realities of God's kingdom, even as we operate from the rest Jesus gives us in His Word.

You will agree with me that the larger chunk of humans on the earth aren't living the kind of life that God has configured them to live. You see, you must understand that the current earth is under the attacks of the kingdom of darkness whose aim revolves around frustrating God's agenda while it still can. Hence, the current earth, as part of the consequences of the sin of Man in Eden, is wrongly re-engineered to limit and hinder you from becoming all God has destined you to be.

The solution therefore is to apply God's strategies. In the book of Genesis, after darkness was thrown into the earth via the rebellion of Lucifer, God carved out Eden, empowering Adam with a realm where he could continually excavate all he needed to colonize the rest of the earth.

*In the same vein, by embracing Jesus's principles and wisdom, you will be planted in a realm that is well above the limitations of your physical surroundings. It is from this spiritual realm (made possible through your relationship with Jesus) that you keep getting all you need to have pure dominion over the fallen earth, and also deliver it from its pains. If you want to change the world, you must rise above its limitations through complete adherence to Jesus's word.*

*Prayers*

In Christ Jesus, I exercise dominion in rest.

*Further Reading*‭‭‭‭
Matthew 11:28 ‬
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. ‭‭

*N.B: TO GET THIS DIRECTLY ON WHATSAPP, KINDLY SEND "WISDOM FOR DESTINY" TO EITHER 2348185021024 OR SUNDAYAKANNIOFFICIAL@GMAIL.COM*

(1) (Reply)

When God Made You / There Is No Superman To Save The Day / Solution Encounters Episode 340

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.