Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,822 members, 7,876,109 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 09:54 AM

How 2023 Elections Proved Yorubas Don’t Hate Igbos – Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How 2023 Elections Proved Yorubas Don’t Hate Igbos – Peter Obi (143 Views)

How 2023 Calculations May Have Led Dogara Back To APC / Junaid Mohammed: My First Wife Is An Igbo Woman, I Don't Hate Igbos / APC Hate Igbos In Lagos - Jimi Agbaje Of The PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How 2023 Elections Proved Yorubas Don’t Hate Igbos – Peter Obi by InfoGuru118: 6:35pm On Jun 02
The presidential candidate of Labour Party, LP, Peter Obi said 2023 general elections have proved that the Yorubas do not hate the Igbos.

Obi stated this while receiving the 2024 Courageous Citizen Award from the Nigerian-American Coalition for Justice and Democracy (NACJD) in Abuja on Saturday has obtained by News360 Nigeria.

The former Anambra State governor noted that the election was not a Christian or Igbo agenda.

He said the 2023 general election saw Nigerians unite across tribe and religious lines, adding that the poll corrected the impression that Yorubas hate Igbos.

Obi noted that the massive turnaround was an indication that Nigerians desired a change from the status quo.

“It was a time that Nigerians united and spoke with one voice regardless of tribe, tongue or religion. The 2023 election wasn’t a Christian or Igbo project.

“It was a Nigerian project. I saw our legends and elder statesmen come together for the first time. I was glad to see people like former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Pa Ayo Adebanjo and others stand their ground.

“I am saying this to correct the impression that the Yorubas hate Igbo people. A lot of people made certain sacrifices because we just wanted to say ‘Enough is enough’ in Nigeria. Imagine those who had lost their lives for the cause of a new Nigeria,” he said

Recall that Obi came third in the 2023 presidential election after trailing his counterpart from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Atiku Abubakar and the winner, President Bola Tinubu of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

But, prior to the election, a lot of Nigerian youths accepted Obi’s ideology and turned out en masse to vote for him.

https://news360ng.com/what-2023-proved-between-yorubas-and-igbos-peter-obi/

Re: How 2023 Elections Proved Yorubas Don’t Hate Igbos – Peter Obi by Gene6bw1: 6:37pm On Jun 02
true talk
Re: How 2023 Elections Proved Yorubas Don’t Hate Igbos – Peter Obi by Skillsnigeria: 6:37pm On Jun 02
Okay
Re: How 2023 Elections Proved Yorubas Don’t Hate Igbos – Peter Obi by yyba: 6:40pm On Jun 02
Nobody hate anyone, Stop claiming the place someone help to accomdate you belong to you

1 Like

Re: How 2023 Elections Proved Yorubas Don’t Hate Igbos – Peter Obi by longetivity(m): 7:05pm On Jun 02
Na only Yoruba's ApC lagos chapter hate them.

(1) (Reply)

1.8 Million Nigerians To Face Acute Hunger Between June And August -WFP / Justification For Resuscitating The Sovereign State Of Biafra (1) / Anambra's Economy, A Function Of Its Social Stability Says Hon Okafor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.