Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,957 members, 7,873,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:37 AM

CBN Revokes Licence Of Heritage Bank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Revokes Licence Of Heritage Bank (2763 Views)

CBN Revokes Heritage Bank’s Licence / CBN Revokes Operational Licenses Of 4,173 Bdcs / FG Revokes Seplat CEO, Brown’s Visa, Residence, Work Permits Over Alleged Racism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

CBN Revokes Licence Of Heritage Bank by iwaeda: 10:28am On Jun 03
The Acting Director, Corporate Communications, CBN, Hakama Sidi Ali, disclosed this in a statement.
She said: “The Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, in accordance with its mandate to promote a sound financial system in Nigeria and in exercise of its powers under Section 12 of the Banks and Other Financial Act (BOFIA) 2020, hereby revokes the licence of Heritage Bank Plc with immediate effect.

‘This action has become necessary due to the bank’s breach of Section 12 (1) of BOFIA, 2020.

Vanguard Personality of the Year Awards 20230:00 / 1:00
“The Board and Management of the bank have not been able to improve the bank’s financial performance, a situation which constitutes a threat to financial stability.

… gives reasons
“This follows a period during which the CBN engaged with the bank and prescribed various supervisory steps intended to stem the decline.

“Regrettably, the bank has continued to suffer and has no reasonable prospects of recovery, thereby making the revocation of the license the next necessary step.

“Consequently, the CBN has taken this action to strengthen public confidence in the banking system and ensure that the soundness of our financial system is not impaired.

“The Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC) is hereby appointed as the Liquidator of the bank in accordance with Section 12 (2) of BOFIA, 2020.

“We wish to assure the public that the Nigerian financial system remains on a solid footing. The action we are taking today reflects our continued commitment to take all necessary steps to ensure the safety and soundness of our financial system.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/06/breaking-cbn-revokes-licence-of-heritage-bank/

1 Like

Re: CBN Revokes Licence Of Heritage Bank by helinues: 10:31am On Jun 03
Toh
Re: CBN Revokes Licence Of Heritage Bank by weMUSTsayIT: 10:32am On Jun 03
helinues:
Toh

Do to get a job is a crime to your linage?

7 Likes

Re: CBN Revokes Licence Of Heritage Bank by immortalcrown(m): 10:32am On Jun 03
Please, I don't know much about banking systems. So, I have a question.

What will happen to the accounts of the customers of this Heritage Bank? Heritage with or without inheritance?

5 Likes

Re: CBN Revokes Licence Of Heritage Bank by Ahmed0336(m): 10:32am On Jun 03
That Bank have been something else of recent.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Revokes Licence Of Heritage Bank by Racoon(m): 10:33am On Jun 03
No wonder the one I know folded up last year. The bamk seems to be in financial distress.

1 Like

Re: CBN Revokes Licence Of Heritage Bank by warrenweste(m): 10:34am On Jun 03
Choi
Re: CBN Revokes Licence Of Heritage Bank by AAAA67: 10:34am On Jun 03
Why revoke it's license?
Should have opened windows for merger or buy over ?
Hope people's funds are safe ?
Like SGBN , like Heritage

1 Like

Re: CBN Revokes Licence Of Heritage Bank by iwaeda: 10:37am On Jun 03
More unemployment tending to HARDSHIP. Yet some people will be defending this WICKEDNESS. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: CBN Revokes Licence Of Heritage Bank by Remman(m): 10:38am On Jun 03
Make una just talk say them don do wetin vex Tinubu or his cabal. If a bank is failing, it's either they merge with or sell to another institution. This one to me never reach wetin them go revoke license. Them must don do something either in the past or present to the finance of somebody in power. Until we hear the other side of the story why this happened i can't take this excuse as the reason for revoking their licence unless they're afraid to speak up and choose to plea, to avoid further victimisations from the CBN.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Revokes Licence Of Heritage Bank by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 10:41am On Jun 03
wahala for account holder and shareholders
Re: CBN Revokes Licence Of Heritage Bank by Jogs1900: 10:41am On Jun 03
iwaeda:
More unemployment tending to HARDSHIP. Yet some people will be defending this WICKEDNESS. grin grin grin grin grin
Hope you are not trying to blame the government for the failure of a bank that couldn't meet up with it's obligation?

4 Likes

Re: CBN Revokes Licence Of Heritage Bank by Jogs1900: 10:46am On Jun 03
Remman:
Make una just talk say them don do wetin vex Tinubu or his cabal. If a bank is failing, it's either they merge with or sell to another institution. This one to me never reach wetin them go revoke license. Them must don do something either in the past or present to the finance of somebody in power. Until we hear the other side of the story why this happened i can't take this excuse as the reason for revoking their licence unless they're afraid to speak up and choose to plea, to avoid further victimisations from the CBN.
If you know heritage Bank, you will know it's empty..A bank that their cheques are not accepted by other banks..No investor will buy it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Revokes Licence Of Heritage Bank by Jogs1900: 10:47am On Jun 03
ALCOHOLKILLS:
wahala for account holder and shareholders
Na only shareholders and management that will suffer..

1 Like

Re: CBN Revokes Licence Of Heritage Bank by Paragon311(m): 10:47am On Jun 03
Wow!!! This is seriously serious....

What are the contributions of the board of Directors to the bank that they are not performing very well??
Re: CBN Revokes Licence Of Heritage Bank by W0t0w0toman: 10:48am On Jun 03
undecided

We re in trouble with a possible 8yrs of agbado tribe in power

1 Like

Re: CBN Revokes Licence Of Heritage Bank by W0t0w0toman: 10:51am On Jun 03
helinues:
Toh

Ol boy go find work na

2 Likes

Re: CBN Revokes Licence Of Heritage Bank by Remman(m): 10:57am On Jun 03
Jogs1900:

If you know heritage Bank, you will know it's empty..A bank that their cheques are not accepted by other banks..No investor will buy it.
Do you know what led to that? When someone is out to deal with your business legally he first devalues it before descending on you with the approval of your disgrunted customers.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Revokes Licence Of Heritage Bank by Ebibedike1: 10:59am On Jun 03
I hope nobody was marginalised by the closure of this bank?

I need to ask for a friend
Re: CBN Revokes Licence Of Heritage Bank by press9jatv: 11:03am On Jun 03
I guess Fg economic policies affect them
Re: CBN Revokes Licence Of Heritage Bank by Yankee101: 11:09am On Jun 03
Is this a joke?
Re: CBN Revokes Licence Of Heritage Bank by aieromon(m): 11:28am On Jun 03
Paragon311:
Wow!!! This is seriously serious....

What are the contributions of the board of Directors to the bank that they are not performing very well??

The bank traces its roots to the late 1970s, when it was founded as Societe Generale Bank (Nigeria), by the late Dr. Olusola Saraki. In January 2006, the Central Bank closed down Societe Generale on account of failure to meet new minimum capital requirements of US$155 million (NGN:25 billion) for a National Bank. Societe Generale successfully challenged the closure in court. In December 2012, the Central Bank re-issued Societe Generale's banking license, but as a regional bank. Having acquired the banking license, the new ownership re-branded the bank as Heritage Banking Company Limited and opened for business under the new name on 4 March 2013.

In October 2014, Heritage Banking Company Ltd successfully met the requirements of the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON) and the Central Bank of Nigeria toward owning 100% shares in Enterprise Bank Ltd.

On 27 January 2015, AMCON officially transferred ownership of Enterprise Bank Ltd to Heritage Bank Plc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heritage_Bank_(Nigeria)
Re: CBN Revokes Licence Of Heritage Bank by 9jatriot(m): 11:29am On Jun 03
This should be the first bank to have failed since around 2005 if my memory is correct.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Revokes Licence Of Heritage Bank by ruggedtimi(m): 11:47am On Jun 03
Bank wey i never fit access my account for almost a year...terrible bank

3 Likes

Re: CBN Revokes Licence Of Heritage Bank by elpochas: 11:48am On Jun 03
If u know heritage bank,then wud not blame the FG for rocking there lecence.A bank dt never gets network.The building are old,ATM machines are all Dead.These is the first Tin am seeing that CBN has gotten right a long while.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Revokes Licence Of Heritage Bank by AcadaWriter: 1:17pm On Jun 03
royer
Re: CBN Revokes Licence Of Heritage Bank by commoditiesnig: 1:26pm On Jun 03
Very Unfortunate!
Re: CBN Revokes Licence Of Heritage Bank by Jogs1900: 1:42pm On Jun 03
Remman:
Do you know what led to that? When someone is out to deal with your business legally he first devalues it before descending on you with the approval of your disgrunted customers.
What i listed was only part of the reason no serious investor will buy the bank.. Unfortunately.Just try and ask questions from heritage Bank staff if you know any.Only if you know that Cbn has been borrowing them money to pay salaries and run the bank for as far back as 2015

2 Likes

Re: CBN Revokes Licence Of Heritage Bank by aybabz101: 1:51pm On Jun 03
The Saraki's and Co don run another Nigerian Bank to the ground.

Another set of people to lose their means of livelihood coz i am quite sure that branches will be closed down irrespective of the bailout or change in management.

(1) (2)

Cac New Office In Lagos / Importers, What Is Our Plans For 2016, With This CBN New Policy And Dollar Issue / A Website Facebook Will Not Want You To See--webtalk!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.