Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,813 members, 7,872,706 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:17 PM

Nationwide Strike Paralyses Court Activities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nationwide Strike Paralyses Court Activities (9834 Views)

Osun: Court Activities Resume After Two-day Labour Strike / Military Helicopters Patrol For Buhari As Sit-At-Home Paralyses Enugu, Imo / IPOB Sit-At-Home Order Flops In Anambra, Paralyses Activities In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nationwide Strike Paralyses Court Activities by References1: 1:36pm On Jun 03
Lawyers and litigants in Lagos State on Monday were affected by the indefinite strike action declared by the Organised Labour over its dispute with the Federal Government on the new minimum wage as courtrooms in were shut down.

A visit by our correspondent to courts revealed that most of judicial workers stayed away from work, while lawyers and litigants were turned back at the gate by members of the Judicial Staff Union of Nigeria (JUSUN).

Some of the staff of the Federal High Court in Lagos who showed up for work in the early hours of the morning later returned home due to the closure of the courtrooms.

The same thing was noticed at all the divisions of the Lagos State High Court, the Court of Appeal, the National Industrial Court and all the Magistrate Courts across the state.

https://leadership.ng/nationwide-strike-paralyses-courts-in-lagos/#:~:text=Lawyers%20and%20litigants%20in%20Lagos,courtrooms%20in%20were%20shut%20down.

5 Likes

Re: Nationwide Strike Paralyses Court Activities by tefishy(m): 2:03pm On Jun 03
Same lawyers wey dey happy make some cases dey prolong

12 Likes

Re: Nationwide Strike Paralyses Court Activities by sofeo(m): 2:03pm On Jun 03
Alright.
Re: Nationwide Strike Paralyses Court Activities by Kindness218: 2:03pm On Jun 03
Make I find one baby way go come do strike for my house

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nationwide Strike Paralyses Court Activities by Amuluonyenaego: 2:03pm On Jun 03
Heartless politicians, pay the workers well.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nationwide Strike Paralyses Court Activities by Franchise21(m): 2:03pm On Jun 03
OK
Re: Nationwide Strike Paralyses Court Activities by qtx(m): 2:03pm On Jun 03
Mata
Re: Nationwide Strike Paralyses Court Activities by rayvelez(m): 2:04pm On Jun 03
Asese bere ni una never see anything.
Those useless politicians go dey budget billions of dollars on unnecessary projects.

8 Likes

Re: Nationwide Strike Paralyses Court Activities by AOB1: 2:04pm On Jun 03
Good
Re: Nationwide Strike Paralyses Court Activities by tuoyoojo(m): 2:04pm On Jun 03
For the first time, light nor dey and I am not blaming nepa

We are all in solidarity

Wahala for who get court case

37 Likes

Re: Nationwide Strike Paralyses Court Activities by ukcars: 2:04pm On Jun 03
Beauty, cosmetic & personal care

I do locs and braids in McKinney Texas, any style, just message me, you can dm or send me a mail @braidsbyjugo@gmail.com. phone no is
1651 eldorado pkway ste 118, McKinney, Texas 75069

https://www.instagram.com/nnennabraids/

2 Likes

Re: Nationwide Strike Paralyses Court Activities by slaawomirr: 2:04pm On Jun 03
Damnnn niggar

It should paralize everything

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nationwide Strike Paralyses Court Activities by floss(m): 2:04pm On Jun 03
Jagaban is working haha... Nigeria is like a U-Turn on a road, once you miss it, you pray to see another U-Turn, if not you will continue heading to a wrong destination. To move Nigeria forward we need to sanitize and restructure our party system... Bad eggs and corrupt politicians are the founding fathers of our party. You must do their bidding if you must be the party's flag bearer. And they're the ones that will provide 20% of your cabinets, these people must occupy vital positions in your government so that you can do the bidding which you were selected in the first place. This is the primary reason people you think you voted for don't perform.

This is the major problem holding Nigeria from moving forward. If not we'll continue missing our U-Turn.

Tinubu has good intentions, Obi has good intentions, Atiku has good intentions. These men all have good intentions for Nigeria but until we address the process of getting someone to run an office, we are only deceiving ourselves. With the right structural foundation, a thief will find it difficult to steal especially when he's handed the position of chief custodian.

Practical example, imagine giving a thief your phone to keep for you... Will he steal from himself?
I believe you understand now

1 Like

Re: Nationwide Strike Paralyses Court Activities by Skillsnigeria: 2:04pm On Jun 03
Okay
Re: Nationwide Strike Paralyses Court Activities by Sirkingsnado: 2:04pm On Jun 03
grin grin

Tinubu we warned Nigeria about this man but they won't listen

One thing I love about igbos is this we don't vote slowpoke into power

19 Likes

Re: Nationwide Strike Paralyses Court Activities by rayvelez(m): 2:05pm On Jun 03
90bn on hajj 2024 next year go be 180bn

11 Likes

Re: Nationwide Strike Paralyses Court Activities by Seunpapa65: 2:05pm On Jun 03
He built Lagos
Oga u must pay this new wages
If those useless senators deserves millions as allowance then I see no reason why they workers doesn't deserve an increase

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nationwide Strike Paralyses Court Activities by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:06pm On Jun 03
Kindness218:
Make I find one baby way go come do strike for my house
Typical Naija youth.
See people wey dem dey fight for!
Nothing they know again apart from sex sex sex.
Some of you are just something else.

That being said,
let's move on to the serious issue at hand...........

How to move our Darling country forward, minimu wage-wise....

1. Abolish SECURITY VOTE in NIGERIA. Nigeria will pay N90,000 minimum wage comfortably.

2. a) Abolish CONSTITUENCY PROJECT FUNDS
b) Reduce number of ADVISERS to SENATE PRES(2), HOUSE SPEAKER(2), GOVs(4), PRESIDENT(5), VP(2)
c) Reduce current ALL Political Office Holders PAY CHEQUES by 51.5%, without exception
d) Do away with special remuneration to POLITICAL ADVISERS & PUBLIC SERVANTS e.g; Purchase of Private Vehicles, Houses, granting Govt paid Vacations, paying for 1st & Business Class Transportations, etc, etc...
e) Abolish payment of OVERSEAS MEDICAL BILLS for Political Office Holders.
f) Eliminate PRIVATE PRACTICE in public workforce
g) Eliminate participation of Public Workforce in Partisan Politics.
h) Institute EMPLOYMENT BY MERIT, and eliminate UNDEREMPLOYMENT.
i) Review and eliminate allocation of Govt paid POLITICAL AIDES & SUPPORT STAFF to Political Office Holders.

With (1) + (2) Nigeria would pay a minimum wageof N150,000 comfortably.......
(3, 4 and 5 To be completed on another thread)

God bless Nigeria
We will get there.......

Thescienceprof:
Much as I do not engage people on this forum,
I have always read your comments on political matters and have no doubt that you're an APC person, which is not an offence.
We all can not support the same parties or have the same ideologies.
However, this your comment is the most non-partisan and practicable panacea I have read from you.
Will they do anything close to these suggestions?
I doubt.
God bless Nigeria.
THANKS for your kind words.
But , FYI,
We are not a party people @MANNA.
We are not a member of APC, (we swear on God's name.)
We vote for good people, no matter the political party they are in.

And yes,
God bless Nigeria 🇳🇬 and God bless you too ❤️
A better Nigeria all around is all we want @MANNA.

We Rise ✔️

thecommunist:

God bless you and all true lovers of Nigeria!
Amen 🙏.
God bless you too sir.
Nigeria will work for those of us that believe in her.
Umueme:

First time I read your comment, and agreed 101% with what you said.
BALLOSKI:
Brilliant point!
Patriottt:
This is the most reasonable comment I've seen you post so far
darediamond:

Sense!!!
It will end in praise 👏

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nationwide Strike Paralyses Court Activities by BlowYourMind: 2:06pm On Jun 03
They are adding more to Kanu Nnamdi depression and frustration
Re: Nationwide Strike Paralyses Court Activities by michoim(m): 2:06pm On Jun 03
Nice one
Re: Nationwide Strike Paralyses Court Activities by bestman09(m): 2:07pm On Jun 03
Very very insensitive government and selfish officials who only care about themselves, not minding what the general populace are going through.

3 Likes

Re: Nationwide Strike Paralyses Court Activities by Yankee101: 2:07pm On Jun 03
Great
Pay them their money
Re: Nationwide Strike Paralyses Court Activities by EMXTAN1(m): 2:09pm On Jun 03
Seems there is something bout presidency... President Tinubu participated in lots of protests and strike actions.. One would be amazed it'll be happening with him as the President

3 Likes

Re: Nationwide Strike Paralyses Court Activities by aestake: 2:09pm On Jun 03
[MANNAopBBQGRILLS:]
Typical Naija youth.
See people wey dem dey fight for!
Nothing they know again apart from sex sex sex.
Some of you are just something else. [/quote]
grin APC no good again?

2 Likes

Re: Nationwide Strike Paralyses Court Activities by magoo10(m): 2:10pm On Jun 03
The Court member are also feeling the effects of bad governance.

4 Likes

Re: Nationwide Strike Paralyses Court Activities by Nemesis0147(m): 2:11pm On Jun 03
Verydarkman go hear am oh😂

3 Likes

Re: Nationwide Strike Paralyses Court Activities by SensualMan: 2:11pm On Jun 03
Peter Obi should be arrested immediately. He did it in #ENDSARS,
He is doing it again.
We need to teach Peter Obi a lesson!

Ronu, Agbado, Ojota protesters, how are u people? cheesy

On your mandate we shall stand, JAG'BAN!

Re: Nationwide Strike Paralyses Court Activities by tutudesz: 2:11pm On Jun 03
Only federal government workers will benefit at the end of the day undecided
This strike was supposed to take place last year, when the hardship was starting.

4 Likes

Re: Nationwide Strike Paralyses Court Activities by MaziX(m): 2:11pm On Jun 03
Transport people no strike lol.. mc oluomo go flog them
Re: Nationwide Strike Paralyses Court Activities by Sermwell(m): 2:11pm On Jun 03
tefishy:
Same lawyers wey dey happy make some cases dey prolong
Mumu!! The judiciary doesn't consist of only lawyers!! Arindin!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yuletide: Pay N800 Billion Subsidy Now To Avoid Fuel Scarcity - MURIC Warns FG / Hadi Sirika: FG Will Open Bid For Nigeria Air Next Week / Many Injured, Shops And Houses Razed In Jigawa Gas Explosion (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.