Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,052 members, 7,896,438 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 02:02 PM

FG, Labour To Meet Tomorrow Over Strike, Minimum Wage. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG, Labour To Meet Tomorrow Over Strike, Minimum Wage. (22740 Views)

National Convention: APC Governors To Meet Tomorrow Over Zoning Of Party Offices / Obasanjo, Abdulsalami, Sultan, Onaiyekan To Meet Tomorrow To Douse Tension / Minimum Wage: Details Of New Adjustment Formula Agreed By FG, Labour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG, Labour To Meet Tomorrow Over Strike, Minimum Wage. by KoshCAD: 4:22pm On Jun 03
100k or nothing.
Re: FG, Labour To Meet Tomorrow Over Strike, Minimum Wage. by Lagyazannau: 4:24pm On Jun 03
Done call off any strike on promise let implementation do that
Re: FG, Labour To Meet Tomorrow Over Strike, Minimum Wage. by braxjay(m): 4:31pm On Jun 03
fikayormi:
Make FG give demself brain na, Wetin be all dis nonsense? Labour demand of 100k is unrealistic to be honest cos of inflation but what about 80 -85k

What on earth is this 80k, 100k ?
Why do you think Nigeria doesn't have money why?
do you have any idea how much is generated in taxes daily from the different sectors?
do you want people to result in stealing before you know things are bad?
Have you compared the prices of things early last year and the cost now?
i picked 6 items yesterday at Blenco in lekki yesterday and my bill was over 100k for items i would get with less than 20k last year.

do you drive? don't you see the cost of transportation/ fuel for drivers?
are you aware civil servants cannot afford to stay close to the areas where their offices are located hence spend 4X their regular transportation?

it is unfair for the government to be negotiating the salary like they are pricing fish when it doesn't affect them directly.

to be in government you need a first school leaving cert right? some civil servants are Bsc holders yet the allowance of these politicians side hens are more than the annual salary of these politicians.

if you keep the people poor, when it is time for re-election, small flash of wealth and promises that would never come to pass is enough to win and if not they use money, pay the thugs, rig the elections and the cycle continues.

if you ever get the chance to hang around these politicians, you will have a different orientation. there is a big difference in hearing about how they spend this money online and how they spend the money in real life.

know this.. the people fighting the government are comfortable, rich and influential people. they can be bought but have refused to be and are fighting for what should ordinarily be done by a working government. if the people they are fighting for starts fighting them and they stop, anything Nigerians see going forward is on their heads

it is better to go through the pain now and get it right because the next review is uncertain for the rest of this administration .
i am not a civil servant but i know few . if they borrow funds just count it as bad debt. these are family men and women.
people should be able to survive on what they are paid from work and not borrowing continually.

do you also know politicians are also civil servants? why are they over paid?

finally the government should be afraid of the people not the people afraid of the government they choose to represent their interest locally and internationally.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG, Labour To Meet Tomorrow Over Strike, Minimum Wage. by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 4:32pm On Jun 03
madridguy:
The FG should make a law that any Labour person that try to shut down the national grid henceforth must spend a decade in jail with no option of fine.

go and make the law nah, enemy of progress

arrant nonsense😡🤡
Re: FG, Labour To Meet Tomorrow Over Strike, Minimum Wage. by Algold: 4:33pm On Jun 03
madridguy:
The FG should make a law that any Labour person that try to shut down the national grid henceforth must spend a decade in jail with no option of fine.

Keep quite. Yahoo boy like you
Re: FG, Labour To Meet Tomorrow Over Strike, Minimum Wage. by savenaijatoday: 4:37pm On Jun 03
nyanasonnet:
I went to a shop, I told the woman I want to buy Tinubu, she brought pepper 😂
Hilarious

1 Like

Re: FG, Labour To Meet Tomorrow Over Strike, Minimum Wage. by osazsky(m): 4:37pm On Jun 03
MT:

Also be ready to buy bread of 1000 naira for 10,000 naira or you feel selling price will remain the same while salary is increased?

Also, what happens to those who do not work for Government?
is minimum wage only for govt workers..wat of ops
Re: FG, Labour To Meet Tomorrow Over Strike, Minimum Wage. by Charly68: 4:39pm On Jun 03
madridguy:
Stupid comment
Re: FG, Labour To Meet Tomorrow Over Strike, Minimum Wage. by Charly68: 4:40pm On Jun 03
omowolewa:
After Ajero would go home smiling, Governments officials would go home smiling.

Nigerian would count their sacrifice to Governments' poor handling of the negotiations.
Blame the Govt agents for their ineptitude
Re: FG, Labour To Meet Tomorrow Over Strike, Minimum Wage. by fikayormi(m): 4:45pm On Jun 03
Segxydube:

100k is unrealiatic but 160m car for politicians is realistic abi?

Poverty or mumu suppose be ur middle name

I won’t banter words with you, I’m not supporting the FG in any way because am a worker myself and I want the highest minimum wage but you seriously think the government can pay anything 100k upward? And did you do economics at all in sch ? and did you know the effect anything 100k upwards will cause our already inflated economy?
Re: FG, Labour To Meet Tomorrow Over Strike, Minimum Wage. by Lomprico2: 4:47pm On Jun 03
They better not cave in o! FG should pay nothing less than 100k as minimum wage.
Re: FG, Labour To Meet Tomorrow Over Strike, Minimum Wage. by fikayormi(m): 4:51pm On Jun 03
braxjay:

What on earth is this 80k, 100k ?
Why do you think Nigeria doesn't have money why?
do you have any idea how much is generated in taxes daily from the different sectors?
do you want people to result in stealing before you know things are bad?
Have you compared the prices of things early last year and the cost now?
i picked 6 items yesterday at Blenco in lekki yesterday and my bill was over 100k for items i would get with less than 20k last year.

do you drive? don't you see the cost of transportation/ fuel for drivers?
are you aware civil servants cannot afford to stay close to the areas where their offices are located hence spend 4X their regular transportation?

it is unfair for the government to be negotiating the salary like they are pricing fish when it doesn't affect them directly.

to be in government you need a first school leaving cert right? some civil servants are Bsc holders yet the allowance of these politicians side hens are more than the annual salary of these politicians.

if you keep the people poor, when it is time for re-election, small flash of wealth and promises that would never come to pass is enough to win and if not they use money, pay the thugs, rig the elections and the cycle continues.

if you ever get the chance to hang around these politicians, you will have a different orientation. there is a big difference in hearing about how they spend this money online and how they spend the money in real life.

know this.. the people fighting the government are comfortable, rich and influential people. they can be bought but have refused to be and are fighting for what should ordinarily be done by a working government. if the people they are fighting for starts fighting them and they stop, anything Nigerians see going forward is on their heads

it is better to go through the pain now and get it right because the next review is uncertain for the rest of this administration .
i am not a civil servant but i know few . if they borrow funds just count it as bad debt. these are family men and women.
people should be able to survive on what they are paid from work and not borrowing continually.

do you also know politicians are also civil servants? why are they over paid?

finally the government should be afraid of the people not the people afraid of the government they choose to represent their interest locally and internationally.

Boss I really you appreciate you , you’re very mature and you took ur time to give me a sensible explanation , I’m not supporting the fg cos am a worker myself and I want the highest minimum wage but they can’t pay anything 100k upwards and they will cite hyperinflation as excuse , I mean we are already in an inflated economy, so anything 100k upward as minimum wage will leads to hyperinflation
Re: FG, Labour To Meet Tomorrow Over Strike, Minimum Wage. by sholly246: 4:55pm On Jun 03
Kaido:

Trash talk.

The FG should make a law that only credible citizens with no criminal records, and a minimum of BSc are eligible to be presidential candidate to rule the Nigeria. That way disasters like Buhari and Tinubu won't have happened to Nigerians.

Am not sure you're aware that it was only Pitobi aming all presindential aspirants who submitted SSCE result to inec during last election,
Re: FG, Labour To Meet Tomorrow Over Strike, Minimum Wage. by elenungboro: 5:15pm On Jun 03
Is like so many people in this Country don't know what awaiting them if Government agree and pay what NLC are asking for. The already rich people among us will not be affected seriously but the average citizens and the poor will hear it well.
If the NLC are really fighting for the poor masses, they should please go back to the negotiation table and be considerate in their demands.
If Government pays that, what of private sector that has the highest labour force, can they meet up?
Do we think of the inflation that will cause?
Re: FG, Labour To Meet Tomorrow Over Strike, Minimum Wage. by Oneday82: 5:15pm On Jun 03
[quote author=naptu2 post=130287601]

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/06/breaking-fg-labour-to-meet-tomorrow-over-strike-minimum-wage/

File image of government and Labour representatives at a previous meeting.[/quot

Labour should maintain thier ground on this. 300k and above or nothing

Enough is Enough
Re: FG, Labour To Meet Tomorrow Over Strike, Minimum Wage. by Senprince100: 5:36pm On Jun 03
They're currently in a meeting right now
Re: FG, Labour To Meet Tomorrow Over Strike, Minimum Wage. by hegelian: 5:40pm On Jun 03
madridguy:
let there be law that any useless president or govt that make policies that have immediate direct impact on the public be killed at gun point and his families and all his generations and those that supported him on the policies be shot at gn point...eyin were gbogbo
Re: FG, Labour To Meet Tomorrow Over Strike, Minimum Wage. by press9jatv: 5:41pm On Jun 03
naptu2:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/06/breaking-fg-labour-to-meet-tomorrow-over-strike-minimum-wage/

File image of government and Labour representatives at a previous meeting.
As far as I’m concerned, Labour unions are much United to demand for their new minimum wage which it’s the top of the table now. Fight the demands to the end, the Labour unions will surely wins. The Nigeria people are solidly behind the Labour unions and their demands from the Fg under Tinubu. A bag of garri is over #60k now.
Re: FG, Labour To Meet Tomorrow Over Strike, Minimum Wage. by press9jatv: 5:43pm On Jun 03
Senprince100:
They're currently in a meeting right now
which meeting? It will become worse if they don’t yield to the Labour demands. Negotiate the new minimum wage upwards to the level the workers will be satisfied and felt great in the service they are rendering to Nigerians.
Re: FG, Labour To Meet Tomorrow Over Strike, Minimum Wage. by icedbreez(m): 5:48pm On Jun 03
FG find a middle ground with labour to end this shut down quickly or anarchy loading.

An Idle mind is the devil's workshop.
Re: FG, Labour To Meet Tomorrow Over Strike, Minimum Wage. by madridguy(m): 5:49pm On Jun 03
You should be ashame of yourself with this comment of yours.

hegelian:

let there be law that any useless president or govt that make policies that have immediate direct impact on the public be killed at gun point and his families and all his generations and those that supported him on the policies be shot at gn point...eyin were gbogbo
Re: FG, Labour To Meet Tomorrow Over Strike, Minimum Wage. by sweerychick(f): 5:49pm On Jun 03
Tareq1105:

Your middle name is mumu. If Nigeria is shut down, is it Tinubu that would suffer or Senators or Reps members Ministers DGs CEO or you?

You don't know anything.
you are the one that is daft because FG and Tinubu has mortgage your destiny with Amala and Ewedu
Re: FG, Labour To Meet Tomorrow Over Strike, Minimum Wage. by press9jatv: 5:49pm On Jun 03
elenungboro:
Is like so many people in this Country don't know what awaiting them if Government agree and pay what NLC are asking for. The already rich people among us will not be affected seriously but the average citizens and the poor will hear it well.
If the NLC are really fighting for the poor masses, they should please go back to the negotiation table and be considerate in their demands.
If Government pays that, what of private sector that has the highest labour force, can they meet up?
Do we think of the inflation that will cause?
you guys keep on mentioning inflation here as if inflation has not been existence even before Tinubu came to power last year. It’s the renewed hope economic policies of Tinubu government even makes the economy to be worse than he met it. Tinubu government is running hyper inflated economy even with the payment of #30k minimum wage. So the Labour unions demanding for increased in their minimum wage is the right time and the best time where fuel subsidy has been removed. I will only advise Tinubu government to ascend to the Labour demands and increase the minimum wage to around #150k to 200k as this figure will be justifiable. Pegging the new minimum wage to #60k is unrealistic and unjustifiable too. Even the price of a bag of garri is more than #60k now. So inflation you mentioned here is out of it. Ascend to Labour union demands before things get out hand in the economy.
Re: FG, Labour To Meet Tomorrow Over Strike, Minimum Wage. by modernWays: 5:50pm On Jun 03
madridguy:

Exactly, how can a group of people who are not up to 30% of entire working population in Nigeria threw over 200 millions people into darkness in the name of fighting for minimum wage.

These people are too selfish, unrealistic and outrightly stupid at the same time. If Government are to pay you over 400k minimum wage, where do you expect state government, private companies and individuals businesses to see money to pay their workers? Ideally, NLC is telling us that only government workers deserve to live and other can go to hell.

It would've been reasonable enough to demand return of subsidy rather than demanding outrageous salary that could eventually paralysed the economy.
Re: FG, Labour To Meet Tomorrow Over Strike, Minimum Wage. by richie240: 5:53pm On Jun 03
200k bawo? Is dt not too small?
It shd be 2m nau.
cool
eleniyan2020:
200k and above or nothing...

1 Like

Re: FG, Labour To Meet Tomorrow Over Strike, Minimum Wage. by sweerychick(f): 5:54pm On Jun 03
madridguy:
your cry is far from over, tomorrow international flights would be grounded, if you think this strike is about minimum wage think again? Nigerians are united in this strike because it's time to bring anti peoples policies to an end
Re: FG, Labour To Meet Tomorrow Over Strike, Minimum Wage. by confusedlady(f): 6:00pm On Jun 03
naptu2:

File image of government and Labour representatives at a previous meeting.

This strike will be called off by tomorrow when the Labour leaders sell out the poor workers for a pound of flesh.....lol grin
Re: FG, Labour To Meet Tomorrow Over Strike, Minimum Wage. by madridguy(m): 6:03pm On Jun 03
Sister, believe me we Nigerians will be at the loosing side after the whole thing. Both NLC and TUC are saboteur but majority and not seeing now maybe later majority will be seeing it from my own perspective too.
FG will increase the salary but let see how VAT and other bill will skyrocket again.

I am expecting TUC/NLC to fight for Tinubu to bring back the subsidy or bring back half of it, scrap some charges, i.e those unnecessary bank charges and bring down import duty. This is what will affect all Nigerians positively and not the FG workers alone.

sweerychick:
your cry is far from over, tomorrow international flights would be grounded, if you think this strike is about minimum wage think again? Nigerians are united in this strike because it's time to bring anti peoples policies to an end
Re: FG, Labour To Meet Tomorrow Over Strike, Minimum Wage. by confusedlady(f): 6:04pm On Jun 03
Forget it....
Labour leaders will betray their followers for a morsel of bread....by tomorrow this strike will be called off by the Labour leaders when their palms have been greased with pork meat.....greasy pork meat.....Nigerians, you are on your own ooo....lol.... grin
Re: FG, Labour To Meet Tomorrow Over Strike, Minimum Wage. by sweerychick(f): 6:05pm On Jun 03
madridguy:
Sister, believe me we Nigerians will be at the loosing side after the whole thing. Both NLC and TUC are saboteur but majority and not seeing now maybe later majority will be seeing it from my own perspective too.
FG will increase the salary but let see how VAT and other bill will skyrocket again.

I[b] am expecting TUC/NLC to fight for Tinubu to bring back the subsidy or bring back half of it, scrap some charges, i.e those unnecessary bank charges and bring down import duty. [/b]This is what will affect all Nigerians positively and not the FG workers alone.

well this strike will make a headway for that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Vanguard's Apology To Oby Ezekwesili / PDP Submits Kwankwaso’s Son-in-law’s Name As Kano Guber Candidate / Senate Presidency: Yari Kicks, Says Tinubu Can’t Stop Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.