Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,573 members, 7,929,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 01:40 AM

Dear NLC Trends As Nigerians Compare Salary Of Workers & Senators & Rep Members - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dear NLC Trends As Nigerians Compare Salary Of Workers & Senators & Rep Members (58860 Views)

Nigerians Compare Sparkling Prison Service Hotel With Nation’s Infamous Cells / Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education / Outcry Over Seats Of Late Senators, Rep (names, Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear NLC Trends As Nigerians Compare Salary Of Workers & Senators & Rep Members by madridguy(m): 7:44pm On Jun 03
Infact I just tired for them.

Jayhome24:

Bro no need to remind them all these. Dem say heaven wan fall some idiots like obidients thinking haven will only fall on apc or pdp dem forget na everyone heaven go fall upon.

This was same LP and NLC TUC did during cash swap in agreement with Emefiewerey in their attempt to stop just one man from winning the election thereby putting over 220 million heads in pain of no cash m, death everywhere, destiny shattered into pieces now they have started same LP, NLC TUC shit and want to kill more people simply because one motherfucker called Thief Grigory lost an election.

Shut down everywhere hunger go straight una head. Una go tell me if any Tinubu children dey for incubator or in pregnancy or need of life saving surgery. Shut everywhere down una hear.
Re: Dear NLC Trends As Nigerians Compare Salary Of Workers & Senators & Rep Members by dejarule: 7:44pm On Jun 03
The minimum wage in Nigeria is next to nothing coupled with some government policies that has taken us from frying pan to fire.
Another concern is the amount that these senators and reps are being paid. Why is it this much? The cost of governance is outrageous. They will never feel the pain of the masses and never have the interest of the nation at heart, the mentality of getting to position just to acquire ill gotten wealth has to stop in this country, we have to be able to hold our leaders accountable.
Nigeria will start moving forward when political office holders have no immunity, they have to be held responsible for any action or inaction during Thier tenure, and it should not be a one-way thing of sure complete tenure, they can be impeached any time they don't perform or any form of illegality is observed.
Minimum wage alone will not resolve the mess we have got ourselves into in this country.

3 Likes

Re: Dear NLC Trends As Nigerians Compare Salary Of Workers & Senators & Rep Members by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 7:47pm On Jun 03
casualobserver:

It is not bragging, it is reality check and I don’t care about your name.

You are employed to sit at the exit of a supermarket and your job is to tear customers receipts on their way out. Even at that you are useless that customers have walked past you and you are calling them back ( we all experience this at supermarkets) how useless are you at tearing receipts that you are distracted and customers walk past you?

They pay you 30k. You think you are hard to replace? 1 million Nigerians are queuing to replace you tomorrow if you dared to ask for salary increase because you will be sacked. That like it or not, is the story of the typical Nigerian minimum wage worker. His role requires no skill and he doesn’t do it well. If by chance a new minimum wage is introduced and enforced people like that will lose their jobs because no employer is going to pay anybody 70k just to tear receipts.

Many people don’t realize the reason they even have a job is because their wages are 30k or whatever. Any higher and your employer starts to question whether he needs you.

You are writing jargons, I am not even a worker nor a civil servant but a business man. unlike you what affects other Nigerians affects me too hence I used us, I won’t reply you again and I never bothered reading your nonsense. Is obvious you’re a teenager or a fool at forty under your parent’s roof

Shame

8 Likes

Re: Dear NLC Trends As Nigerians Compare Salary Of Workers & Senators & Rep Members by Kbawolu: 7:49pm On Jun 03
NLC AND TUC, pls don't back down to your demand. Unless there is a reasonable offer of at least 250k and other adjustment and putting in place all the needed infrastructures, healthcare and provisions of other good amenities for the common Nigerias.
It's a pity to see how the national assembly and d president assent to d bill of the old national anthem.
Also, most of the national assembly members are rich, and on pension and some are big time business mogul in government making double money without pity for the masses. Enough is enough oh

3 Likes

Re: Dear NLC Trends As Nigerians Compare Salary Of Workers & Senators & Rep Members by dododawa1: 7:54pm On Jun 03
D most happiest people

On

This

STRIKE

OBIDENTs.

1 Like

Re: Dear NLC Trends As Nigerians Compare Salary Of Workers & Senators & Rep Members by casualobserver: 7:55pm On Jun 03
ALCOHOLKILLS:

You are writing jargons, I am not even a worker nor a civil servant but a business man. unlike you what affects other Nigerians affects me too hence I used us, I won’t reply you again and I never bothered reading your nonsense. Is obvious you’re a teenager or a fool at forty under your parent’s roof

Shame

Thats like someone claiming to be a lawyer and not understanding what tort is. Even the pure water hawker, the tomato seller, Jelili the mechanic understand input costs…including cost, output and economic value of labour.

1 Like

Re: Dear NLC Trends As Nigerians Compare Salary Of Workers & Senators & Rep Members by BondRiv: 7:58pm On Jun 03
Our money is being wasted in the National Assembly on people who prioritize changing the national anthem in a period of economic hardship, among other problems facing Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Dear NLC Trends As Nigerians Compare Salary Of Workers & Senators & Rep Members by Blitzking: 7:58pm On Jun 03
Anything less than 400k is rubbish..I went to the market to buy 5 big tubers of yam was told 9000 each the man no even shift price ..same 5 pieces I used to buy as a student 3k.
Re: Dear NLC Trends As Nigerians Compare Salary Of Workers & Senators & Rep Members by opeldavid: 8:01pm On Jun 03
Too bad.
Continue the strike & protest.
Re: Dear NLC Trends As Nigerians Compare Salary Of Workers & Senators & Rep Members by DaddyYankee: 8:04pm On Jun 03
stanbright:

Call your papa join too
You are a Ugly beast
seun Osewa
dominique
mukina2
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Rule 2
Re: Dear NLC Trends As Nigerians Compare Salary Of Workers & Senators & Rep Members by Majesty7: 8:07pm On Jun 03
Lizzysamuel:

Isidore0001

SirDavidBent

AbbaM_Abiyos

I_Am_marwa

SotyBrave

Brainless people.
You think the if the minimum wage is increased to #495,000, a bag of rice will remain the same? Accommodation will remain the same? School fees and other amenities will remain the same?

You just want to cause hyperinflation in the country. Even if the salaries of this political thugs are decreased, so they should add that to labours wage because they are the only people in the country?

Senseless fools on the space
Re: Dear NLC Trends As Nigerians Compare Salary Of Workers & Senators & Rep Members by VIKTO83(m): 8:10pm On Jun 03
Let's mobilizer and start a Nationwide protest against the National Assembly salary.
This is d best way to put pressure on them to bring down d cost of governance.

2 Likes

Re: Dear NLC Trends As Nigerians Compare Salary Of Workers & Senators & Rep Members by studM(m): 8:12pm On Jun 03
TimeManager:
Ajaero is unpopular, if he was popular, people would willingly follow him and there'd be no need to forcefully push workers out of their office. In Jos, some NLC workers enforcing the strike were beaten up and got injured in same manner he was beaten in Imo state.

-Kiss the truth!

Who is this idiot sef

1 Like

Re: Dear NLC Trends As Nigerians Compare Salary Of Workers & Senators & Rep Members by cjudy(m): 8:13pm On Jun 03
TimeManager:

Abia state can't pay the old 18k to its workers, much less the current 30k. Can't you see much sufferings in Abia if the new minimum wage is effective?

-Kiss the truth!
No truth to kiss here, you’re the one been a Zone B here with Pap as brain up there
Re: Dear NLC Trends As Nigerians Compare Salary Of Workers & Senators & Rep Members by Majesty7: 8:16pm On Jun 03
opamoses1:

Excellent analysis.
Most people reason with their anus. If Labour are being paid #495k minimum wage today, house rent for a room will shot up to #1.5m/annum.

Do these people think people are stupid? Shouting living wage like a fool. A bag of rice will shot up to #400k+ Hyperinflation will set in and Nigeria Naira will be useless than Zimbabwe currency
Re: Dear NLC Trends As Nigerians Compare Salary Of Workers & Senators & Rep Members by patrickcollins: 8:18pm On Jun 03
TimeManager:
Ajaero is unpopular, if he was popular, people would willingly follow him and there'd be no need to forcefully push workers out of their office. In Jos, some NLC workers enforcing the strike were beaten up and got injured in same manner he was beaten in Imo state.

-Kiss the truth!
Same those workers go suffer am not Ajaero or Usifo. I'm not a civil servant but government should pay them living wage, pent of Garri is out of reach now, bar of Ivory soap that was sold 200 then is now 600 not to mention other consumables

1 Like

Re: Dear NLC Trends As Nigerians Compare Salary Of Workers & Senators & Rep Members by maisauki: 8:18pm On Jun 03
The NLC is right for fighting for their rights but I think it's a wrong direction they're on
Market men and women are waiting to cataway all the increments
What they should rather call for is (for want of appropriate words) price control. Of what importance is a big money that can only buy small thing🤷‍♀️

1 Like

Re: Dear NLC Trends As Nigerians Compare Salary Of Workers & Senators & Rep Members by abdsamad(m): 8:18pm On Jun 03
Fighting for 500k is justified, but only if it is a means of pressuring the government to reduce the ridiculous amount the Senators earn.
Relative to what those fat pigs are paid, 500k is reasonable minimum wage.

Unfortunately that’s not the fight we’re fighting.

The demand should be first to compulsorily cut down government greedy waste then raise wages to 100k minimum

2 Likes

Re: Dear NLC Trends As Nigerians Compare Salary Of Workers & Senators & Rep Members by Dynamicboss: 8:20pm On Jun 03
I see nothing wrong if these wicked animals are earning 500k as monthly salary and the remaining is spread to the masses. After all, they also benefit from other corrupt practices which is their major source of ill income.

1 Like

Re: Dear NLC Trends As Nigerians Compare Salary Of Workers & Senators & Rep Members by Exceed15: 8:27pm On Jun 03
Nigerians are solidly cooperating with NLC. Tinubu don meet his match
Re: Dear NLC Trends As Nigerians Compare Salary Of Workers & Senators & Rep Members by NwaliE01: 8:27pm On Jun 03
opamoses1:

Your Obidient favourite state, Abia, was even fighting against paying ordinary 30k. He held workers salary for 8 months due to stinginess. Same Otti is busy inflating contracts and annexing billions to his pocket.

Peter Obi did the same when he was governor. Doctors, teachers , workers all went on strike for months. Doctors went a whole 13 months. Teacher were on strike for 7 months and he even tried to sack them.

Your own is just politics. Even in the midst of this hardship, you still don't have small sense.
Abeg, don't distract us from the ongoing strike.

4 Likes

Re: Dear NLC Trends As Nigerians Compare Salary Of Workers & Senators & Rep Members by Benjamin4388(m): 8:32pm On Jun 03
casualobserver:

Thats like someone claiming to be a lawyer and not understanding what tort is. Even the pure water hawker, the tomato seller, Jelili the mechanic understand input costs…including cost, output and economic value of labour.

you are trying so hard to come across as someone that is woke...but you are really so daft and am not offering any escape route for you..continue in that state of mind..it might probably serve you well

2 Likes

Re: Dear NLC Trends As Nigerians Compare Salary Of Workers & Senators & Rep Members by yewit37486: 8:34pm On Jun 03
madridguy:
Infact I just tired for them.

You should tire for yourself first. Mschew. All the times national grid was collapsing literally every month, you didn't remember those in the hospitals then. HYPOCRITE.

https://www.nairaland.com/8061925/nationwide-blackout-nigerias-power-grid

https://www.nairaland.com/8045141/easter-nationwide-darkness-hits-nigeria
Re: Dear NLC Trends As Nigerians Compare Salary Of Workers & Senators & Rep Members by LOVEGINO(m): 8:36pm On Jun 03
madridguy:
NLC should shut down everywhere if they want but NLC and TUC should have a rethink over the national grid.

Remember people at the hospital.

Remember little babies in incubator.

Remember women going for C&S

no another source of power like solar?

1 Like

Re: Dear NLC Trends As Nigerians Compare Salary Of Workers & Senators & Rep Members by yewit37486: 8:37pm On Jun 03
Benjamin4388:

you are trying so hard to come across as someone that is woke...but you are really so daft and am not offering any escape route for you..continue in that state of mind..it might probably serve you well

That guy sounds so disconnected, he himself does not even know what he is saying, he is just typing in a soulless manner. Once I see his moniker, I just scroll past, can't be reading rubbish I don't need to.

3 Likes

Re: Dear NLC Trends As Nigerians Compare Salary Of Workers & Senators & Rep Members by Benjamin4388(m): 8:38pm On Jun 03
ALCOHOLKILLS:
criminals and they are paying us 30k monthly

that idiot replying you didn't think for a minute that the "US" meant we been Nigerian..he just started spilling all the toxicity in him

1 Like

Re: Dear NLC Trends As Nigerians Compare Salary Of Workers & Senators & Rep Members by Benjamin4388(m): 8:43pm On Jun 03
yewit37486:

That guy sounds so disconnected, he himself does not even know what he is saying, he is just typing in a soulless manner. Once I see his moniker, I just scroll past, can't be reading rubbish I don't need to.

apart from that... he was just all about massaging his egos..hope he feels on top of the world...as he was always coming from a place of low self esteem

1 Like

Re: Dear NLC Trends As Nigerians Compare Salary Of Workers & Senators & Rep Members by totosucker(m): 8:44pm On Jun 03
Left to me is to get this present crop of leaders and shoot them dead. Bastards
Re: Dear NLC Trends As Nigerians Compare Salary Of Workers & Senators & Rep Members by Day169: 8:49pm On Jun 03
hisgrace090:

So those millions that they take home monthly is times 8 of 30k in your own calculation?
Kindly read the post again, Sir. I understand we're all incensed.
.. a little bit more thinking may be required to grasp the full import of it.
Re: Dear NLC Trends As Nigerians Compare Salary Of Workers & Senators & Rep Members by EverblazingTee: 8:50pm On Jun 03
Same thoughts running through my mind.
INTEGRITYA1:
In the face of inflation and current economic challenges facing by all and sundry.

Nigeria Labor Congress (NLC) is fighting for the salary increase of the Civil Servants which is ideal.

The question is, what is the fate of those who are not salary earners talkless of be a Civil Servant.

Unemployed fellows, market women, business fellows and so on.

How will they benefit from the strike action? After all, we are all Nigerians and we are all deserve to benefit from our natural resources.

1 Like

Re: Dear NLC Trends As Nigerians Compare Salary Of Workers & Senators & Rep Members by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 8:52pm On Jun 03
Benjamin4388:

that idiot replying you didn't think for a minute that the "US" meant we been Nigerian..he just started spilling all the toxicity in him

I am glad you understand me, most Nigerians think only about themselves, that’s why we are not progressing

3 Likes

Re: Dear NLC Trends As Nigerians Compare Salary Of Workers & Senators & Rep Members by ezenna191(m): 8:57pm On Jun 03
These thieves in government are Nigeria's problem. They earn humongous salary and loosen their belts, while ordinary Nigerians are asked to tighten their belts and battle for survival. Today Nigerians are at the mercy of these corrupt politicians as parents and their children die of starvation. Any Nigerian against this strike is an agent of darkness and Nigeria number one hater.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oludamilola Osinbajo And Oluseun Bakare's Engagement In Aso Rock (Photos) / Buhari Orders Arrest Of Dasuki, Others Over Arms Procurement Fraud / Youths Trooped Out For Atiku In Lagos (PHOTOS)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.