Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,705 members, 7,879,080 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 12:22 PM

Minimum Wage Negotiations Will Be Tough - Atedo Peterside - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage Negotiations Will Be Tough - Atedo Peterside (17849 Views)

Atedo Peterside: 100 % Of Unaltered Result On IREV Gave Adeleke Victory / Atedo Peterside: Where Was Amaechi When Obi's Votes Were Transferred To Tinubu / Minimum Wage Negotiations: FEC Can’t Decide For States – Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minimum Wage Negotiations Will Be Tough - Atedo Peterside by Nyanabo2: 7:52am On Jun 04
lailo:
We are too emotional and sentimental in this country. Y'all shouting bogus allocation for lawmakers, what is the percentage of their money in our national income to what workers are taking every month? You can't even compare the ratio. Political office holders throughout the country don't even make up to 3 percent of total government workers in the country. Only heavy workers wages can sink the country into unrecoverable debt and total collapse, politicians take home is too megre to achieve similar purpose. Criticise wisely fellow compatriots undecided

What are you even saying?
Re: Minimum Wage Negotiations Will Be Tough - Atedo Peterside by grandstar(m): 7:57am On Jun 04
lailo:
We are too emotional and sentimental in this country. Y'all shouting bogus allocation for lawmakers, what is the percentage of their money in our national income to what workers are taking every month? You can't even compare the ratio. Political office holders throughout the country don't even make up to 3 percent of total government workers in the country. Only heavy workers wages can sink the country into unrecoverable debt and total collapse, politicians take home is too megre to achieve similar purpose. Criticise wisely fellow compatriots undecided

That is what Nigerians fail to understand.They prefer to die with emotions than live with facts.

I won't be surprised if a 10k increase in wages is more than the total of NASS budget.

My cousin angered me so much yesterday. He said NLC should also look into the hike in electricity tariff.

I have explained to him that the Discos and Gencos can not cover operational cost as the tariffs are not cost reflective. It does not cover their costs.

I asked if the power providers can't cover their cost of operations, how will they provide electricity? From his silence, I knew I had gotten nowhere, despite him seemingly knowing I spoke facts. They don't care.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage Negotiations Will Be Tough - Atedo Peterside by Greyworld: 8:09am On Jun 04
lailo:

You missed the mark... the disparity between the common man and the political class is just too wide. Hence the pain. If a man be a senator can earn 30million a month and a man can't earn 200k a month then there is bound to be tension. Simple
Re: Minimum Wage Negotiations Will Be Tough - Atedo Peterside by aylipple: 8:12am On Jun 04
Those were very reckless and irresponsible spending on the part of government. You can’t ask the citizens to tighten their belts at the waist while you’re busy freeing yours to accommodate more sleaze
Re: Minimum Wage Negotiations Will Be Tough - Atedo Peterside by Greyworld: 8:15am On Jun 04
HomoDroid:

I'm a Christian, but I must say the Government did not really subsidize Hajj - it's just that their communication apparatus is just too dumb to carry Nigerians along. The fact is that Hajj fee is dollar based and was fixed and many intending Pilgrims have already paid or been sponsored by their respective State Governments before the FX crashed badly. The repercussion is that the amount already paid by prospective pilgrims became inadequate due to the new naira equivalent of the Hajj fee dollar FX. At that point, the FG and state governments controlling pilgrims became obliged to make up the differential, as asking the pilgrims to pay more will result in serious political and religious backlash (two very critical issues in our jurisdiction).

One might blame the Government for getting involved with pilgrimage in the first place, but these people are actually ambassadors of the country in a way and government ought to have a sort of control over their behaviour out there. More so as the President is looking forward to securing Foreign Direct Investment from the Arabs. We cannot expect our government to show nonchalance to one of the very important products of the Saudi Government.
No point here. The FG should have stayed out of it this year.
Re: Minimum Wage Negotiations Will Be Tough - Atedo Peterside by iswallker(m): 8:29am On Jun 04
slim75d:
My only problem with this minimum wage issue is that it only favours civil servants. Those of us in the private sector, and those who have no sector are suffering the hardship brought by the strike. Ones labour get what they want they'll move on.

Nobody without a sector except you are dead...even unemployed is a category...

How many days if strike has brought hardship to you that you were not experiencing before.... undecided
Re: Minimum Wage Negotiations Will Be Tough - Atedo Peterside by christejames(m): 8:49am On Jun 04
slim75d:
My only problem with this minimum wage issue is that it only favours civil servants. Those of us in the private sector, and those who have no sector are suffering the hardship brought by the strike. Ones labour get what they want they'll move on.

Don't you think once the civil servants get the money they will now have more to spend on traders and other businessmen which will now rejig the commercial activities of the nation thereby bringing about competition amongst sellers and ultimately price reduction 🤔??
Re: Minimum Wage Negotiations Will Be Tough - Atedo Peterside by Otamendi99(m): 11:35am On Jun 04
DMerciful:
If the minimum wage ia 100k, the employer of the driver would be forced to go up to like 50k. If minimum wage is 60k, the driver might be given 30k.

In essence, the higher the minimum, the better for everybody

100k nice, but Den. Here is wia d inflation sets in more. Untill d economy is good. Nothing is changing. Watch bread go up to 2000 a loaf.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage Negotiations Will Be Tough - Atedo Peterside by Hearty33: 12:00pm On Jun 04
Good
Re: Minimum Wage Negotiations Will Be Tough - Atedo Peterside by 82man: 1:04pm On Jun 04
NIGERIAN ECONOMY CAN'T TAKE CARE OF SENATORS AND THE EXPENSIVE PRESIDENTIAL SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT
ANY
LONGER.

Senators' Annual Pay World Wide:

1.Sri Lanka:
$5,100.00.

2.Malaysia:
$25,300.00.

3.Spain:
$43,900.00.

4.Ghana:
$46,500.00.

5.Saudi Arabia:
$64,000.00.

6.France:
$85,900.00.

7.South Africa:
$104,000.00.

8.Britain:
$105,400.00.

9.Germany:
$119,500.00.

10.Canada:
$154 000.00.

11.United States:
$174,000.00.

12.Nigeria:
$2,183,685.00.

Details of the remuneration of an
average Nigerian Senator is stated below:

Monthly Basic Salary (B.S):
N2,484,245.50.

Hardship Allowance:
(50% of B.S),N1,242,122.70.

Constituency Allowance:
(200% of B.S),N4,968,509.00.

Newspapers Allowance:
(50% of B.S) –
N1,242,122.70.

Wardrobe Allowance:
(25% of B.S),N621,061.37.

Recess Allowance:
(10% of B.S),N248,424.55.
Accommodation:
(200% of B.S),N4,968,509.00.

Utilities:
(30% of B.S),N828,081.83.

Domestic Staff:
(70% of B.S),N1,863,184.12

Entertainment:
(30% of B.S),N828,081.83.

Personal Assistants:
(25% of B.S),N621,061.12.

Vehicle Maintenance Allowance:
(75% of B.S),N1,863,184.12.

Leave Allowance:
(10% of* B.S),N248,424.55.

Severance Gratuity:
(300% of B.S),N7,452,736.50.

Car Allowance:
(400% of B.S),N9,936,982.00.

TOTAL MONTHLY SALARY:
N29,479,749.00 ($181,974.00).

TOTAL YEARLY SALARY:
N29,479,749.00 x 12 =
N353,756,988.00.

Average Salary of Nigerian worker as recommended as National
Minimum Wage is N48,000.00.

So,the yearly salary is
N48,000.00 x 12 = N576,000.00.

Remember,
Yearly Salary of Nigerian Senator = N353,756,988.00
(Three hundred fifty-three Million,seven hundred and fifty-six
thousand,nine hundred and eighty eight Naira.

Proportion:
N353,756,988.00/ N576,000.00 = 614.2

It will take an average Nigerian worker 614 years to earn the
Yearly Salary of a Nigerian Senator.

#copied
Re: Minimum Wage Negotiations Will Be Tough - Atedo Peterside by bixton(m): 2:09pm On Jun 04
slim75d:

Being in the private sector means youre rendering a service or selling goods and by that you're at liberty to increase your price just that you'll make it fair enough.
I don't understand what you mean by those eho have no sector......even if one is without a job and is dependent on another then whoever is assisting financially will only assist the much that can be done given his income. You who receive only need to expend with wisdom. Those who help others financially do so not because they have plenty to spare but because they have a good heart given to them by God. I write this especially to those who are diligent about their jobs and who don't pilfer through mischievious means.
Re: Minimum Wage Negotiations Will Be Tough - Atedo Peterside by Noblechykk(m): 2:36pm On Jun 04
ejieddy:

We are not compatriots. That ended last week sir 😞
grin grin grin grin grin you wicked
Re: Minimum Wage Negotiations Will Be Tough - Atedo Peterside by countryman13: 9:27pm On Jun 04
Kingosytex:
One actually needs to go hard on the Nigerian government if he or she intends to achieve a positive result.
The politicians are so wicked, cruel, barbaric, and inhumane.
What exactly do the senators do to warrant the ridiculous allowances and wages they allocate to themselves?
Please include CLUELESS join those adjectives. Majority of those senators are nothing but bench warmers.
Re: Minimum Wage Negotiations Will Be Tough - Atedo Peterside by PropertyBanker(f): 1:28pm On Jun 20
Judgementa1:

On that am with labour.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lawyer Sues FRSC Over New Driver’s Licence / Tinubu - "We’ll Not Allow Detractors Divide Nigeria" / Court Remands Seven Yoruba Men Over Shasha Market Mayhem, Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.