Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,447 members, 7,978,424 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 08:11 AM

Who Should Sit Behind A Bike Rider Between A Male And A Female? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Who Should Sit Behind A Bike Rider Between A Male And A Female? (258 Views)

Lady Whose Long Braids Got Stuck In Wheel Of A Bike Rescued By Sympathizers / Photos Of The Manhole That Swallowed Up Adewura Belo And Her Bike Rider / Slay Queen Lands In The Hospital With Broken Buttocks After Bike Accident.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Should Sit Behind A Bike Rider Between A Male And A Female? by Ddonoflife(m): 10:59pm On Jun 03
Why do women prefer seating at the back of the bike while a man will be in the middle?
I have noticed this is common in Lagos except they are acquainted which is unusual in the east, because it is believed that if a man seats at the back of the bike, it wil be easy for him to hold the bike firmly and use his feet to slow down a reckless driving by the bike man or any car that might want to hit them thereby causing accident.Some answers I got suggested That the bike man will be feeling the ladies breast from the back and mostly make the bike man lose concentration which always result to accident. And that the bike man will intentionally be stepping on the brake so that the breast of the lady will be robbing him from behind. Now u can tell which of these two act is wiser..Nairalanders who do you think should sit at the back and give your reason?

Re: Who Should Sit Behind A Bike Rider Between A Male And A Female? by budaatum: 11:09pm On Jun 03
Ddonoflife:
Why do women prefer seating at the back of the bike while a man will be in the middle?

Do you seriously think a smart woman would allow herself to be sandwiched between 2 potential pigs?

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Sit Behind A Bike Rider Between A Male And A Female? by Ddonoflife(m): 11:16pm On Jun 03
budaatum:

Do you seriously think a smart woman would allow herself to be sandwiched between 2 potential pigs?
Are u saying paradventure you are in a hurry to an occasion and a bike rider is not on ground...You get to the bus stop and meet a total stranger (female) waiting and a bike comes alone..you as the male would prefer her sitting behind you?
Re: Who Should Sit Behind A Bike Rider Between A Male And A Female? by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:20pm On Jun 03
i certainly understand why i woman wouldnt want to be squeezed between two dudes....come on na!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Should Sit Behind A Bike Rider Between A Male And A Female? by budaatum: 11:21pm On Jun 03
Ddonoflife:

Are u saying paradventure you are in a hurry to an occasion and a bike rider is not on ground...You get to the bus stop and meet a total stranger (female) waiting and a bike comes alone..you as the male would prefer her sitting behind you?

I don't share bikes with other people. I'd rather pay for 2 than share, for my own safety first, and also for my dignity.

And I don't care what males prefer to do so long as they are doing it to themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Sit Behind A Bike Rider Between A Male And A Female? by Ddonoflife(m): 11:23pm On Jun 03
budaatum:

I don't share bikes with other people. I'd rather pay for 2 than share, for my own safety first, and also for my dignity.

And I don't care what males prefer to do so long as they are doing it to themselves.
Oh ...I get it .ur talking from the female perspective...I actually thought u were a female....but what do u think about the protection Incase of an accident?
Re: Who Should Sit Behind A Bike Rider Between A Male And A Female? by Ddonoflife(m): 11:24pm On Jun 03
MrBrownJay1:
i certainly understand why i woman wouldnt want to be squeezed between two dudes....come on na!
Don't forget she is always safe in times of an emergency..like falling,accidents etc
Re: Who Should Sit Behind A Bike Rider Between A Male And A Female? by budaatum: 11:28pm On Jun 03
Ddonoflife:

Oh ...I get it .ur talking from the female perspective...I actually thought u were a female....but what do u think about the protection Incase of an accident?

What protection? Would the 2 men abandon their own safety and save the woman in the middle?

Protection is not sharing a bike with 2 other people!

1 Like

Re: Who Should Sit Behind A Bike Rider Between A Male And A Female? by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:37pm On Jun 03
Ddonoflife:
Don't forget she is always safe in times of an emergency..like falling,accidents etc

would you allow/like your female loved ones to be squeezed between two male strangers like that?

BTW if people really worried about safety, they wouldnt jump on these bikes, to begin with. the only reason people ride bikes is because its cheap and more convenient during rush hour and traffic jams. you are talking about safety/Accidents while none are wearing helmets, lol!

1 Like

Re: Who Should Sit Behind A Bike Rider Between A Male And A Female? by Ddonoflife(m): 11:41pm On Jun 03
MrBrownJay1:

would you allow/like your female loved ones to be squeezed between two male strangers like that?

BTW if people really worried about safety, they wouldnt jump on these bikes, to begin with. the only reason people ride bikes is because its cheap and more convenient during rush hour and traffic jams. you are talking about safety/Accidents while none are wearing helmets, lol!
To answer your question I would say no.....but you as a guy would you allow a female sit behind you?
Re: Who Should Sit Behind A Bike Rider Between A Male And A Female? by Ddonoflife(m): 11:43pm On Jun 03
budaatum:

What protection? Would the 2 men abandon their own safety and save the woman in the middle?

Protection is not sharing a bike with 2 other people!
so your answer to the question is you would not allow a male sit behind you or you would rather not enter the bike with a stranger or you board alone right...
Re: Who Should Sit Behind A Bike Rider Between A Male And A Female? by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:45pm On Jun 03
Ddonoflife:
To answer your question I would say no.....but you as a guy would you allow a female sit behind you?

lets be rational here, a female would prefer to sit behind a man or alone, her father/husband and loved one would desire the same...but YOU, believe that if your daughter/mother or wife or sister takes a bike, she is better to sit between two male strangers, right?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Should Sit Behind A Bike Rider Between A Male And A Female? by Diego35M: 11:45pm On Jun 03
Ddonoflife:
I have noticed this is common in Lagos except they are acquainted which is unusual in the east, because it is believed that if a man seats at the back of the bike, it wil be easy for him to hold the bike firmly and use his feet to slow down a reckless driving by the bike man or any car that might want to hit them thereby causing accident.Some answers I got suggested That the bike man will be feeling the ladies breast from the back and mostly make the bike man lose concentration which always result to accident. And that the bike man will intentionally be stepping on the brake so that the breast of the lady will be robbing him from behind. Now u can tell which of these two act is wiser..Nairalanders who do you think should sit at the back and give your reason?
the male I think
Re: Who Should Sit Behind A Bike Rider Between A Male And A Female? by budaatum: 11:46pm On Jun 03
Ddonoflife:
so your answer to the question is you would not allow a male sit behind you or you would rather not enter the bike with a stranger or you board alone right...

Pretty much. Though I rather ride my own bike with no strangers at all.
Re: Who Should Sit Behind A Bike Rider Between A Male And A Female? by Ddonoflife(m): 11:47pm On Jun 03
MrBrownJay1:

lets be rational here, a female would prefer to sit behind a man or alone, her father/husband and loved one would desire the same...but YOU, believe that if your daughter/mother or wife or sister takes a bike, she is better to sit between two male strangers, right?
Whatever rocks her boat..if she feels comfortable in between,it's her choice ..but I for one would never allow a female sit behind me...
P.s. It's not two male strangers it's the bike rider and a male stranger..
Re: Who Should Sit Behind A Bike Rider Between A Male And A Female? by Ddonoflife(m): 11:47pm On Jun 03
budaatum:

Pretty much. Though I rather ride my own bike with no strangers at all.
..okay that's good to know

Re: Who Should Sit Behind A Bike Rider Between A Male And A Female? by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:54pm On Jun 03
Ddonoflife:
Whatever rocks her boat..if she feels comfortable in between,it's her choice ..but I for one would never allow a female sit behind me...
P.s. It's not two male strangers it's the bike rider and a male stranger..

so the bike driver is not a stranger?! who is he then... a friend?
so its your preference to not have a female behind you, just as much as many women prefer to not be between two dudes. is that so bad?

as for me, i wouldnt care whether a woman sits behind me or in front of me.... but i certainly would understand that her husband/Father would rather that she doesnt sit between two male strangers. if that was my wife and she absolutely needed to ride a bike, then i certainly wouldnt want her to be squeezed between two male strangers like that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Should Sit Behind A Bike Rider Between A Male And A Female? by Gerrard59(m): 1:14am On Jun 04
In the SW, women sit at the back. In the north, women sit with other women or alone, but definitely not with another man other than the rider who is not her husband. In most parts of the East (SS & SE), men sit at the back.

OP: When in Rome, do as the Romans. I served in the SW and sat at the back, I did not mind. My interest is getting to my destination on time and not in pieces.

P.S. Before someone brings their mumbo-jumbo political reasoning to me, the SS&SE are geographically situated in Eastern Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Who Should Sit Behind A Bike Rider Between A Male And A Female? by Ddonoflife(m): 7:25am On Jun 04
MrBrownJay1:

so the bike driver is not a stranger?! who is he then... a friend?
so its your preference to not have a female behind you, just as much as many women prefer to not be between two dudes. is that so bad?

as for me, i wouldnt care whether a woman sits behind me or in front of me.... but i certainly would understand that her husband/Father would rather that she doesnt sit between two male strangers. if that was my wife and she absolutely needed to ride a bike, then i certainly wouldnt want her to be squeezed between two male strangers like that.
You are not getting me..I didn't mandate a female sitting in middle..i only gave reason why I think she should and I made my stand that I wouldn't sit in front of a female .I am not against your view..I only asked for opinions and reason which you have given and I acknowledged.
Re: Who Should Sit Behind A Bike Rider Between A Male And A Female? by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:20pm On Jun 04
Gerrard59:
In the SW, women sit at the back. In the north, women sit with other women or alone, but definitely not with another man other than the rider who is not her husband. In most parts of the East (SS & SE), men sit at the back.

OP: When in Rome, do as the Romans. I served in the SW and sat at the back, I did not mind. My interest is getting to my destination on time and not in pieces.

P.S. Before someone brings their mumbo-jumbo political reasoning to me, the SS&SE are geographically situated in Eastern Nigeria.

... and its fully understandable. even in packed buses, women are being touched inappropriately and fondled by randy strangers, why the same wouldnt happen on bikes? having the woman ride at the back (while putting her bag between her and the stranger) should be the norm.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

These Robust Data Established Within The Scientific Stories / We Buy Dead Batteries 4 Inverter/solar Power/trailer @best Prices 08030978357 / Super Supplement With Grain Brain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.