Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,805 members, 7,872,677 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 07:32 PM

How Do I Document An Inherited Land - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Do I Document An Inherited Land (84 Views)

Help!!!! Guidance Needed On An Inherited Land / Things To Know When Buying An Inherited Property / How Do I Get Required Documents To Sell An Inherited House In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Document An Inherited Land by Pimples(m): 11:33am On Jun 04
Good day house.
I recently inherited a piece of land from my father's family. The issue is that there is no documentation at all. The original documents from the family that sold it to my father's family cannot be found.
And since the transaction took place almost 40 years ago, the original family that sold it to my fathers family is unknown.....and most of the older people in the family who should know are late.

I want to know the process I need to get proper documentation for the land. Note that there is no contest to my ownership of the land. As I am the first and only son of my father. Hence the village elders have unanimously given it to me.

But I don't know how to go about getting paperwork for the land.

The Location is in Ebonyi State. Nigeria

Mods kindly help me get this to frontpage.
Thanks
Re: How Do I Document An Inherited Land by Wealthyonos(m): 12:22pm On Jun 04
Ask a lawyer friend.
Re: How Do I Document An Inherited Land by Wealthyonos(m): 12:25pm On Jun 04
If you have a lawyer friend, ask him/her. That's who to take the best advice from. Don't take advice about palm oil business from a shoemaker.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

3 Bedroom Detached Bungalow Alone In The Same Compound. / 2 Bedroom Flat For Rent Off Ogunlanu Drive Surulere / Building Collapse:DMGS,Church Lawyers Reject Panel Chairman,COREN Chief For Bias

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.