Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,797 members, 7,969,375 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 06:51 AM

Many Trapped As Mining Site Collapses In Niger State (Video) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Many Trapped As Mining Site Collapses In Niger State (Video) (25149 Views)

Binance Executive, Tigran Gambaryan Collapses In Court / Seplat ‘Majestic’ Oil Rig Collapses In Delta, One Dies, 3 Missing / Okpella Mining Site: BUA Group Tells Dangote To Respect The Judicial Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Trapped As Mining Site Collapses In Niger State (Video) by InfoGuru118: 2:29pm On Jun 04
A Minna pit has collapsed in Galadima Kogo in Shiroro Local Government Area (LGA) of Niger state where one person has been confirmed dead and 30 workers trapped inside the pit.

News360 Nigeria learnt that the site manager, Alhaji Ibrahim Ishaku, is among the trapped workers while six others have been rescued alive.

The accident is said to have been caused by heavy downpour on June 3, 2024 which also made rescue efforts difficult.

In a statement confirming the accident in Minna on Tuesday, the Director General of the Niger State Emergency Management Agency (NSEMA), Alhaji Abdullahi Baba Arah, said rescue efforts are further hampered by the difficult environment and banditry activities.

He said, “Nsema received a report of mining pit collapse at Galkogo village of Shiroro LGA.
The mine site belongs to a company named “African Minerals and logistics limited.” The cause of the collapsed was as a result of the rainfall impacts that soften the soil”.

He explained that rescuers have to run for their lives as the mine pit kept falling inside.

He said, “Due to the unacceptable nature of that environment as a result of banditry, the information of the incident is very scanty, including rescue operations. Meanwhile, excavators have been deployed for the rescue operations”.

However, a resident who spoke on condition of anonymity said, “one person has been confirmed dead, six people were rescued with severe injuries, while about 30 people including the site manager, Alh Ibrahim Ishaku are still trapped as of yesterday being Monday”.

https://news360ng.com/tension-as-niger-mining-site-collapses-one-dead-over-30-trapped/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmI9WGNdt2o?si=C7kkcZ4IXjJtImWf

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Trapped As Mining Site Collapses In Niger State (Video) by Sleekfingers: 2:43pm On Jun 04
Hmmmmm

Illegal mining in the North is something else

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many Trapped As Mining Site Collapses In Niger State (Video) by Generalkaycee(m): 2:43pm On Jun 04
RIP to the dead

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Trapped As Mining Site Collapses In Niger State (Video) by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:43pm On Jun 04
Same shiroro local government where bandits killed not less than 13 soldiers. Na only bad news dey come from there. Quick recovery to the injured

22 Likes

Re: Many Trapped As Mining Site Collapses In Niger State (Video) by Sonnobax15(m): 2:43pm On Jun 04
lipsrsealed
Damn.....Niger state that year...

May they be all rescued alive🙏

5 Likes

Re: Many Trapped As Mining Site Collapses In Niger State (Video) by Edoreborn: 2:43pm On Jun 04
Wetin Dem dey mine?

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Many Trapped As Mining Site Collapses In Niger State (Video) by MaziObinnaokija: 2:44pm On Jun 04
angry
Re: Many Trapped As Mining Site Collapses In Niger State (Video) by ovie8200: 2:44pm On Jun 04
Illegal mining, that's all, meaning you are at your own risk! RIP to them in advance, especially in Nigeria, where there's no rescue management or system in place.

6 Likes

Re: Many Trapped As Mining Site Collapses In Niger State (Video) by Owaincouncil: 2:44pm On Jun 04
Let them continue with their illegal mining.

3 Likes

Re: Many Trapped As Mining Site Collapses In Niger State (Video) by Timoleon(m): 2:44pm On Jun 04
I hope they get help soonest.

I was going to be insensitive about illegal miners but the I remembered that this government doesn't have any love for legal workers either. These miners aren't the problem, our public officials are.

6 Likes

Re: Many Trapped As Mining Site Collapses In Niger State (Video) by Peterpanny: 2:45pm On Jun 04
As you see me so,no be any kind of work I day agree to do...
Of all job na mining job,how much una wan pay me.
All this my northern brothers no get one single fear for eyes.

1 Like

Re: Many Trapped As Mining Site Collapses In Niger State (Video) by EnglandAmaka(f): 2:45pm On Jun 04
Minerals in the south belongs to the government but in the north, it belongs to individuals... What a country!!

Soldiers are killed everyday in the north and many of them don't ever make the news but in the south, soldiers will lay seige on the community arresting and killing innocent people... What a country!!

Regionalism or nothing

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many Trapped As Mining Site Collapses In Niger State (Video) by bnanny: 2:46pm On Jun 04
In working country, these people's are supposed to be rescued by all means. Imagine everyone there are just looking helpless. This represents Nigeria as a country. Helpless in all corners.
Since the return of democracy nothing have worked in Nigeria, our democracy is just to make a few already made meb and their sugar mummy more richer the common man becomes poorer as years go by.

2 Likes

Re: Many Trapped As Mining Site Collapses In Niger State (Video) by bigiyaro(m): 2:46pm On Jun 04
The crude in the south belongs to Nigeria, while the gold deposits in the North belongs to the fulanis. Is God not wonderful?

8 Likes

Re: Many Trapped As Mining Site Collapses In Niger State (Video) by allen113: 2:47pm On Jun 04
Nawa ooh, where man dey find him daily 2k 💔

I pray they are rescued alive 🤲

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Many Trapped As Mining Site Collapses In Niger State (Video) by Sleekfingers: 2:47pm On Jun 04
Edoreborn:
Wetin Dem dey mine?

Precious stones....
Re: Many Trapped As Mining Site Collapses In Niger State (Video) by KnowledgePower7: 2:48pm On Jun 04
Ok
Re: Many Trapped As Mining Site Collapses In Niger State (Video) by AmazingELixir: 2:48pm On Jun 04
cool

Everything eventually goes back to the soil where it all began.

1 Like

Re: Many Trapped As Mining Site Collapses In Niger State (Video) by EnglandAmaka(f): 2:49pm On Jun 04
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Same shiroro local government where bandits killed not less than 20 soldiers. Na only bad news dey come from there. Quick recovery to the injured

And soldiers didn't do shit there. Nobody was arrested, nobody was killed. No reprisal.

Wait till such happen in the south, and everyone in the local government will be arrested and some killed.

I weep for Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Many Trapped As Mining Site Collapses In Niger State (Video) by FreeStuffsNG: 2:50pm On Jun 04
InfoGuru118:

https://news360ng.com/tension-as-niger-mining-site-collapses-one-dead-over-30-trapped/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmI9WGNdt2o?si=C7kkcZ4IXjJtImWf
This is a sign that mining has eventually become a big business in Nigeria.

This kind of news is most frequent in leading mining countries. This is an emergency and government must move in to save lives of the victims and strictly enforce more safety measures in mining sites.
May God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

25 Likes

Re: Many Trapped As Mining Site Collapses In Niger State (Video) by ecomalchemistt(m): 2:51pm On Jun 04
Na wa
Re: Many Trapped As Mining Site Collapses In Niger State (Video) by Houseofglam7(f): 2:51pm On Jun 04
I hope they’re rescued in good time.
Re: Many Trapped As Mining Site Collapses In Niger State (Video) by casualobserver: 2:52pm On Jun 04
Nigerian journalists are so mediocre. In all of the story no mention of what is being mined, why are you a journalist?

8 Likes

Re: Many Trapped As Mining Site Collapses In Niger State (Video) by Dpharisee: 2:52pm On Jun 04
This is the same area where the Army parked its load and relocated their camp after bandits killed its men, they never threatened ro 'retaliate' as they are doing currently in Abia State and arresting 15 year olds in their bedrooms and taking them away and their families don't know their whereabouts.

The bandits are occupying those places and kidnapping villagers who are forced and used for these illegal mining activities which generates Billions for some northern elites, while their politicians rush to Abuja monthly to collect allocation from Niger Delta oil and alcohol tax consumed in the South which is haram to them but income from drinking beer and alcohol is not haram

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Trapped As Mining Site Collapses In Niger State (Video) by Omenapounds: 2:53pm On Jun 04
Legal or illegal miners...
Re: Many Trapped As Mining Site Collapses In Niger State (Video) by potent5(m): 2:53pm On Jun 04
Illegal mining in the north. The government deliberately allows the northerners to freely mine the mineral deposits in their region. The government refuses to mine them to increase the revenue of the government. But in the south...
Re: Many Trapped As Mining Site Collapses In Niger State (Video) by omoredia: 2:54pm On Jun 04
this is why they create terrorism and banditry. so they can chase people from the land for exploitation. APC is a party created by the devil himself. no jokes

1 Like

Re: Many Trapped As Mining Site Collapses In Niger State (Video) by Exousiang01(m): 2:54pm On Jun 04
Government shouldn't waste our resources, these guys have money
Re: Many Trapped As Mining Site Collapses In Niger State (Video) by SatoshiX: 2:54pm On Jun 04
God abeg. Imagine meeting your demise while looking for your daily 2k. 😢😢

1 Like

Re: Many Trapped As Mining Site Collapses In Niger State (Video) by Tonididdyx: 2:56pm On Jun 04
Dem dead!
Re: Many Trapped As Mining Site Collapses In Niger State (Video) by Honestey: 2:56pm On Jun 04
Sure no provision for situation like this, they are trapped and everyone just watching from the top of ruins. May I say RIP already?
Re: Many Trapped As Mining Site Collapses In Niger State (Video) by APOPTOSIS: 2:57pm On Jun 04
Reason Men Die early
Doesn't look like they gonna get help any time this year. Laxity everywhere 😭😭

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 63rd Birthday Today / 7 Reasons Why 2017 Will Be Tougher For Some Nigerians / Fire Guts Amigos Supermarket In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.