Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,474 members, 7,968,316 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 01:50 AM

To The Mods And Nl Joke Members - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / To The Mods And Nl Joke Members (920 Views)

This Is What You Will See On Mods Inbox, If Messaging On Nairaland Was Easy / mods this one too much na / Mods Front Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To The Mods And Nl Joke Members by Ajibel(m): 8:13pm On Nov 25, 2011
Our dear joke section is in coma. My ban gave me the opportunity to visit other forum sites and I saw the way they handled their joke section. Our main interest here I believe is to have fun, the fun can’t be incomplete without us- the loyal jokes section members pooling our ideas together to make this section interesting. It’s so unfortunate to see that jokes hardly make the front page.

Foremost, I just discovered the heading JOKES AND RIDDLES FELLOW NIGERIANS CAN APPRECIATE. If RIDDLES is accepted in this section, then why is/has no one come up with a thread specifically for RIDDLES. All I see here is old, recycled, copied and pasted jokes, though I commend some *I wont mention names* for being original with their jokes. Therefore, maybe I or someone else can start coming up with threads for riddles for people to answer, read and enjoy. It could be made in form of a game whereby someone would post a riddle and the next person to comment is expected to answer the riddle and post another and that continues. Just a suggestion!

It is every trend of every member not only in this section but in every other section to go off topic once in a while. I don’t like the trend but it I’ve gotten used to it and we can’t flush it out of the mentality of all members. That’s why I suggest a new thread to be created. The one created by jokepot jackpot is old and becoming too dry, something new needs to be done besides we are entering a new year so I suggest in addition that we create a new thread starting with next year. This thread for offtopic chats would be for each year, like if a new thread for 2012 is created, by Dec 31st 2012, the thread should be closed as a sign of the closing year and by Jan 1st a new one would be opened for 2013 with a happy new year welcome. This trend should be continued. Just a suggestion!

Again, there can be a CONFESSION thread for members. I have noticed that nairaland relationship is developing among some members and they use style to make it known in a thread opened for joke. My belief is that a thread like this should be opened and sticked so that all sorts of confession one may have over another would be exposed here. We should all know that the romance section isn’t satisfying for some people to make their nairaland relationship feelings known. This section has its members who are like a family and are more known here than in other sections, so they making confessions in the romance section wouldn’t get much attraction as they may have wanted it. *But I know the relationships are jokes though, we are in the jokes section*. Therefore if any thread is being opened when this CONFESSION thread exists, the thread would be locked and the poster would be referred to the CONFESSION thread. Just a suggestion!

Coming to the jokes being posted, members should try and desist from posting jokes that has been posted before. I know the idea of many is to either get attention for themselves or increase the number of posts they have but meaningful contributions and good comments on jokes can increase your posts for you or popularity without going through the stress of opening a new and unnecessary thread.

Me being a critic, I see nothing wrong in it. When I started, I did my best to be fair but then I was being insalted by many and because I am not radio that doesn’t reply what someone says, I decided to attack back and not sidon look cuz I no be ODE! *many apologies ODE of a REMO, my good friend*. Therefore, no hard feelings to those I criticise, I promise I would be fair and be elaborate onwards when I criticise. I only criticise to encourage, nothing else, not for you to insalt me back or start a quarrel.

These are the few thoughts that came up my mind, feel free to add your comment or suggest how we can improve our darling section.

And hey mods, don’t warn me for opening this thread or lock this thread. We have no ADVICE thread, what we have is a COMPLAINT thread that’s why I came up with these. But I know u both *dani and ben* appreciate good things/ thoughts. Hope I’m right!

One love to y’all!!!
Re: To The Mods And Nl Joke Members by oderemo(m): 8:33pm On Nov 25, 2011
Pot calling kettle black.
Is it not same u that descided to foul this nice easy going section. Very ironic u have these laudable ideas we dont need. My sincere advice is u keep them to your good self.
I think u have too muh tym on your hands,is your company restructuring or relocating? Just a tot.
Re: To The Mods And Nl Joke Members by Ajibel(m): 8:36pm On Nov 25, 2011
ode remo:

Pot calling kettle black.
Is it not same u that descided to foul this nice easy going section. Very ironic u have these laudable ideas we dont need. My sincere advice is u keep them to your good self.
I think u have too muh tym on your hands,is your company restructuring or relocating? Just a tot.

i wasnt expecting a meaningful contribution from an ode or mumu like you

xcuse me

angry angry angry angry
Re: To The Mods And Nl Joke Members by lilkech(m): 8:42pm On Nov 25, 2011
Ajibel:

Our dear joke section is in coma. My ban gave me the opportunity to visit other forum sites and I saw the way they handled their joke section. Our main interest here I believe is to have fun, the fun can’t be incomplete without us- the loyal jokes section members pooling our ideas together to make this section interesting. It’s so unfortunate to see that jokes hardly make the front page.

Foremost, I just discovered the heading JOKES AND RIDDLES FELLOW NIGERIANS CAN APPRECIATE. If RIDDLES is accepted in this section, then why is/has no one come up with a thread specifically for RIDDLES. All I see here is old, recycled, copied and pasted jokes, though I commend some *I wont mention names* for being original with their jokes. Therefore, maybe I or someone else can start coming up with threads for riddles for people to answer, read and enjoy. It could be made in form of a game whereby someone would post a riddle and the next person to comment is expected to answer the riddle and post another and that continues. Just a suggestion!

It is every trend of every member not only in this section but in every other section to go off topic once in a while. I don’t like the trend but it I’ve gotten used to it and we can’t flush it out of the mentality of all members. That’s why I suggest a new thread to be created. The one created by jokepot jackpot is old and becoming too dry, something new needs to be done besides we are entering a new year so I suggest in addition that we create a new thread starting with next year. This thread for offtopic chats would be for each year, like if a new thread for 2012 is created, by Dec 31st 2012, the thread should be closed as a sign of the closing year and by Jan 1st a new one would be opened for 2013 with a happy new year welcome. This trend should be continued. Just a suggestion!

Again, there can be a CONFESSION thread for members. I have noticed that nairaland relationship is developing among some members and they use style to make it known in a thread opened for joke. My belief is that a thread like this should be opened and sticked so that all sorts of confession one may have over another would be exposed here. We should all know that the romance section isn’t satisfying for some people to make their nairaland relationship feelings known. This section has its members who are like a family and are more known here than in other sections, so they making confessions in the romance section wouldn’t get much attraction as they may have wanted it. *But I know the relationships are jokes though, we are in the jokes section*. Therefore if any thread is being opened when this CONFESSION thread exists, the thread would be locked and the poster would be referred to the CONFESSION thread. Just a suggestion!

Coming to the jokes being posted, members should try and desist from posting jokes that has been posted before. I know the idea of many is to either get attention for themselves or increase the number of posts they have but meaningful contributions and good comments on jokes can increase your posts for you or popularity without going through the stress of opening a new and unnecessary thread.

Me being a critic, I see nothing wrong in it. When I started, I did my best to be fair but then I was being insalted by many and because I am not radio that doesn’t reply what someone says, I decided to attack back and not sidon look cuz I no be ODE! *many apologies ODE of a REMO, my good friend*. Therefore, no hard feelings to those I criticise, I promise I would be fair and be elaborate onwards when I criticise. I only criticise to encourage, nothing else, not for you to insalt me back or start a quarrel.

These are the few thoughts that came up my mind, feel free to add your comment or suggest how we can improve our darling section.

And hey mods, don’t warn me for opening this thread or lock this thread. We have no ADVICE thread, what we have is a COMPLAINT thread that’s why I came up with these. But I know u both *dani and ben* appreciate good things/ thoughts. Hope I’m right!

One love to y’all!!!

OH MY GOD. . . HELL MUST HAVE FROZEN OVER FOR THIS TO COME UP
Re: To The Mods And Nl Joke Members by oderemo(m): 8:44pm On Nov 25, 2011
Is it cameleon or leopard that changes colour not.
Mtshhhhhew.
What do u expect from a knob head?
Pock.

jooor, kuro lono.
Move over make i see my lane jare.
Re: To The Mods And Nl Joke Members by Ajibel(m): 8:50pm On Nov 25, 2011
ode remo:

Is it cameleon or leopard that changes colour not.
Mtshhhhhew.
What do u expect from a knob head?
Pock.

jooor, kuro lono.
Move over make i see my lane jare.

wetin i do you for dis section gan sef
Re: To The Mods And Nl Joke Members by Ajibel(m): 8:50pm On Nov 25, 2011
lilkech:

OH MY GOD. . . HELL MUST HAVE FROZEN OVER FOR THIS TO COME UP

u no serious at all
Re: To The Mods And Nl Joke Members by StudioCFR(m): 9:16pm On Nov 25, 2011
Attention Seeker

*exits thread*
Re: To The Mods And Nl Joke Members by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 9:39pm On Nov 25, 2011
Clueless
Re: To The Mods And Nl Joke Members by Agybabe(f): 10:12pm On Nov 25, 2011
u guys are very bad and unreasonable with him. He is bringing out a good idea and u are here killing it. Now its γ̥☺υ̲̣̥r̶̲̥̅̊ turn for deliverance. Ajibel don't mind them. u are good.
Re: To The Mods And Nl Joke Members by lilkech(m): 10:37pm On Nov 25, 2011
^^^ so because ahjiboole posted a few 'very cunning attention seeking' lines, you have now decided to suck up to him?

Well i gat to hand it him. . . The juju works on these NL females like WOW!
Re: To The Mods And Nl Joke Members by StudioCFR(m): 10:57pm On Nov 25, 2011
Some of us are here to have fun while some fiful are here to erm maybe erm yeah hook a girl/guy

tis allowed sha
Re: To The Mods And Nl Joke Members by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 10:57pm On Nov 25, 2011
Undisputed champion
Re: To The Mods And Nl Joke Members by Nobody: 12:04am On Nov 26, 2011
*clears throat*
err ajibel, wats with dis new idea of urs. I wonder wat d ban had on u.
I'm still tryin to read btw the lines.

Hmm. . .hmm.
Re: To The Mods And Nl Joke Members by StudioCFR(m): 9:32am On Nov 26, 2011
Abi o my sister grin

(1) (Reply)

Wash Away Ur Sin / Bastard / Monday Fun Time!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.