Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,079 members, 7,939,333 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 11:50 PM

Anthony Joshua Set To Take Over Watford - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Set To Take Over Watford (35814 Views)

Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 / Anthony Joshua Set To Pocket $85million From His Rematch With Andy Ruiz Jnr / Chelsea secured their place in the Champions League with victory over Watford (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Take Over Watford by VerifiedGadgets: 8:04am On Jun 05
azadus18:
I have a mixed feelings about this

Me too, they want to make him unknowingly cough out this money, them start digging personal issues now that his prime has past, like diddy, Pogba, tiger woods etc. Then he goes broke like mike Tyson. May God forbid all negativities oo
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Take Over Watford by Obyangel: 8:05am On Jun 05
British are looking for a way to bankrupt him, ask Former Russian Chelsea owner. GB ( Great Britain) are evil, don't invest there.
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Take Over Watford by favour32(m): 8:06am On Jun 05
Yeye headline!
Cut and nail journalism!

Na entry level nai be take over?

Una don mess English language finish.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Take Over Watford by gasparpisciotta: 8:17am On Jun 05
jrizlybey:
I'm so proud of him! Hopefully the deal goes through.

Read to understand.
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Take Over Watford by BluelightHotel: 8:18am On Jun 05
jrizlybey:
I'm so proud of him! Hopefully the deal goes through.

More like hopefully he doesn’t lose all his money from this deal.
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Take Over Watford by Morbeta11(m): 8:26am On Jun 05
forgiveness:
My blood.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Take Over Watford by Carlyboi(m): 8:30am On Jun 05
It won’t be a bad ideas to buy a substantial stake in the club for 20–25 million pounds.

He would get a good ROI in the long run.
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Take Over Watford by Sangoamadioha1: 8:39am On Jun 05
azadus18:
I have a mixed feelings about this

Nairalanders and famzing undecided
The owner of the money no get mixed feelings, na you wey your 10kobo no dey inside na him dey get mixed feelings

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Take Over Watford by amstamon: 8:41am On Jun 05
Nairaland financias I hail thee.
ATLEAST una read the last paragraph that his financial/investment advisor said he might not be investing because it is outside his sport which is boxing.
Moreover, there is what we call 'portfolio management' of which his advisor must have consider between his net worth and cost of investment, in which is totally not advisable to go into due to profit and risk margin.
So stop advising him, he already has professionals around him to weigh his options and possible outcomes.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Take Over Watford by Inspirer1: 8:48am On Jun 05
So he will use hid entire net worth to get a football club? Can any rich individual do such? I doubt it o
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Take Over Watford by Exceed15: 8:54am On Jun 05
Whoa I pray it ends well.
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Take Over Watford by lexy2014: 9:08am On Jun 05
A report with so many contradictions....

"Financial experts working with former two-time heavyweight champion boxer Anthony Joshua have reportedly held talks with Championship club Watford over a potential takeover in a deal worth £150 million, according to The Athletic"

But the same report tells us that "Despite the potential appeal of this investment, Anthony Joshua’s spokesperson has emphasized his current focus on boxing.

“Anthony Joshua is not involved and has no plans to be involved. He is fully focused on boxing and has no time to give to new opportunities outside of his sport.”

Also, The club’s valuation of £150 million to £175 million aligns closely with Joshua’s reported net worth, making the discussions financially plausible. Watford’s strategic push for investment could benefit significantly from Joshua’s global recognition and commercial appeal.

But "Joshua has an estimated net worth of £150 million to £200 million". How can a guy use his entire net worth to buy a football club?
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Take Over Watford by Judolisco(m): 9:11am On Jun 05
150 million for Watford? Na lie...it's 2 small
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Take Over Watford by Judolisco(m): 9:12am On Jun 05
lexy2014:
A report with so many contradictions....

"Financial experts working with former two-time heavyweight champion boxer Anthony Joshua have reportedly held talks with Championship club Watford over a potential takeover in a deal worth £150 million, according to The Athletic"

But the same report tells us that "Despite the potential appeal of this investment, Anthony Joshua’s spokesperson has emphasized his current focus on boxing.

“Anthony Joshua is not involved and has no plans to be involved. He is fully focused on boxing and has no time to give to new opportunities outside of his sport.”

Also, The club’s valuation of £150 million to £175 million aligns closely with Joshua’s reported net worth, making the discussions financially plausible. Watford’s strategic push for investment could benefit significantly from Joshua’s global recognition and commercial appeal.

But "Joshua has an estimated net worth of £150 million to £200 million". How can a guy use his entire net worth to buy a football club?

God bless you for reading with sense.... Watford can never be 150 million!
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Take Over Watford by Thinktwicemybro: 9:20am On Jun 05
kossyablaze:
Mumu move.. U wan use ur entire networth buy one thing. E come be watford
Net worth means the total money he makes in a year and not his entire money. Go to school, I will not go
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Take Over Watford by tellwisdom: 9:22am On Jun 05
Hezmatosky:
My brother Tony Elumelu will be there organizing all white party for actresses. Take up the ownership of one home clubs and stop these wastage of money angry

Tony don de used to fraud money and stealing from the people. So investing in anything wey no get large income na waste to am.
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Take Over Watford by tellwisdom: 9:24am On Jun 05
Thinktwicemybro:

Net worth means the total money he makes in a year and not his entire money. Go to school, I will not go

Olodo calling another olodo
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Take Over Watford by Bahamas95(m): 9:26am On Jun 05
Why person go use all he money for aza invest in business? Risky move.
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Take Over Watford by jaxxy(m): 9:32am On Jun 05
Nice
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Take Over Watford by jmoore(m): 9:35am On Jun 05
The type of nonsense journalism we read these days eh.

Same article speculating AJ taking over Watford and debunking it at the same time.
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Take Over Watford by mamaafrik(m): 9:43am On Jun 05
He no fit use same moni build another refinery for Ghana or Tsongaji island in ogun state.
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Take Over Watford by freemi(m): 9:49am On Jun 05
kossyablaze:
Mumu move.. U wan use ur entire networth buy one thing. E come be watford
der r goin to be investors. Use ur head
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Take Over Watford by BuyMeBanger: 10:59am On Jun 05
Judolisco:
150 million for Watford? Na lie...it's 2 small
My first thought as well but there you go.
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Take Over Watford by oyeb15: 11:03am On Jun 05
Has Dangote bought Arsenal? If you are not clean and you invest in Britain, just one act of Parliament or sanction, they will take it away from you. Former Liverpool owner, former Chelsea etc. They are tackling Mancity owners presently.

Invest in Nigeria. That money can build a good private university in Nigeria
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Take Over Watford by b1olat: 11:25am On Jun 05
Weldone AJ. Diversification is the order of the day. Hope the deal goes through.
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Take Over Watford by Arabk25(m): 11:26am On Jun 05
Young dude doing well for himself
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Take Over Watford by daniwise(m): 11:49am On Jun 05
Congrats champ
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Take Over Watford by Babastrong(m): 12:31pm On Jun 05
[quote author=izubext007 post=130313679]nigerians Amaka[ OMOLUABI TI WA. YORUBA LAAGBA.]
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Take Over Watford by iLoveYouToo(m): 2:26pm On Jun 05
Look at them, when he loses a fight they'd start trolling him. Nonsense
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Take Over Watford by femi4: 2:36pm On Jun 05
BoldBrainz:
"...these discussions are described as being at an entry level".

News headline: Anthony Joshua set to take over Watford!

Na wa!
Naija bloggers n sensational headlines grin
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Take Over Watford by BoldBrainz(m): 2:38pm On Jun 05
femi4:
Naija bloggers n sensational headlines grin

Nna eh!

I quickly flew into the thread to see how Anthony Joshua acquired Watford football club. Only to come and see preliminarily stories.
Re: Anthony Joshua Set To Take Over Watford by kareemkamil(m): 3:13pm On Jun 05
Omo there is maaaning in boxing ooooo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lyon Vs Barcelona: UEFA Women's Champions League Final (4 - 1) Full Time / Sadio Mane Cleaning Toilet At Local Mosque / Name The Football Club. (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.