Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,835 members, 7,969,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 09:03 AM

When Can I Request Payment From My Tenants - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / When Can I Request Payment From My Tenants (115 Views)

Landlord Cautions Tenants On Sex Noise, Pastes Notice On The Board / My Tenants Refuse To Pay Me / My Tenants Will Not Pay House Rent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Can I Request Payment From My Tenants by chilax001: 8:30am On Jun 05
Please i am new to this property of a thing and i have 5 tenants in my house. i really want to know when i can start requesting for my house rent once it expires. is it 1month after expiration ?

Some pay 6month rent and i believe they should payup before the 6month expires. there is a guh who pay 6month and it will expire this month of june, when can i request for the other 6month is it by july or i should call him now? i stay very far away from them.

please someone shoule enlighten me on this thanks, mature response only
Re: When Can I Request Payment From My Tenants by Ajens1991: 8:35am On Jun 05
Sir, it is your property, whatever you choose to act upon try not to be too confrontational.

Write a letter ASAP informing them of the expiration and the need to pay up immediately the rent expires. If for any reason they want to move out of the property, they should inform you on time. Simple.

You are the boss, you don't need to beg anybody...
Re: When Can I Request Payment From My Tenants by A4alpha: 8:41am On Jun 05
Tenancy is pay as you go, oga landlord dey calm down. Na after the one he pay finish you go ask for another. If he pays in advance you too should be willing to loan him a month or two after expiration of current depending on his approach.
Re: When Can I Request Payment From My Tenants by dawnomike(m): 8:44am On Jun 05
chilax001:
Please i am new to this property of a thing and i have 5 tenants in my house. i really want to know when i can start requesting for my house rent once it expires. is it 1month after expiration ?

Some pay 6month rent and i believe they should payup before the 6month expires. there is a guh who pay 6month and it will expire this month of june, when can i request for the other 6month is it by july or i should call him now? i stay very far away from them.

please someone shoule enlighten me on this thanks, mature response only
You have to write them a letter of reminder, call or text a month to the expiration of their rent.

Try to avoid collecting your rent monthly or taking a tenant for 6 months. Some tenants could frustrate you with that. Rather, collect your rent annually

NB: The law favours a tenant more than the landlord in Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

As-built Approval Amnesty By The Government!!! / Green Building In Nigeria: What Is Green Building? / Someone Digging His Septic Tank On My Fence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.