Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,603 members, 7,878,741 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:58 AM

As tomatoes is expensive this is the cheapest way to Make delicious stew (Video) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / As tomatoes is expensive this is the cheapest way to Make delicious stew (Video) (35657 Views)

Abuja Housewives Settle For Carrot Stew As Tomatoes Price Shoots Up / White Rice With Spicy Chicken Stew. Fresh Tomatoes Is Scarce Today So.... / How To Make Spicy Goat Meat Stew (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As tomatoes is expensive this is the cheapest way to Make delicious stew (Video) by publisher101(m): 11:12am On Jun 11
LocalFARMERS:
The Tomatoes taste yummy
this is yummy though

1 Like

Re: As tomatoes is expensive this is the cheapest way to Make delicious stew (Video) by Dpharisee: 11:13am On Jun 11
virginboy1:
I just hope one day people will not see lizard meat as an alternative for goat, chicken and cow meat since they are now expensive....

Well up north many has settled for grasshoppers already lipsrsealed
It will soon come to that at the rate we are going

1 Like

Re: As tomatoes is expensive this is the cheapest way to Make delicious stew (Video) by Felaincarnated: 11:16am On Jun 11
Wat TINUBU cannot do does not exist
Re: As tomatoes is expensive this is the cheapest way to Make delicious stew (Video) by Truvelisback(m): 11:18am On Jun 11
I'm salt of words.

Re: As tomatoes is expensive this is the cheapest way to Make delicious stew (Video) by ogolemati: 11:19am On Jun 11
Elzazzi:

From CHANGE of good life to hardship. Then to NEXT LEVEL of hardship. Now it's RENEWED SHEGE. grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin laylow those agbero lowlife will attack you now

Re: As tomatoes is expensive this is the cheapest way to Make delicious stew (Video) by MrStarskie: 11:26am On Jun 11
This is N500 in jos. This Govt is really out to kill us.[img][/img]

3 Likes

Re: As tomatoes is expensive this is the cheapest way to Make delicious stew (Video) by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:27am On Jun 11
doggedfighter:

Cucumber is very expensive so leave that thing.
who made it expensive?

Re: As tomatoes is expensive this is the cheapest way to Make delicious stew (Video) by NothingDoMe: 11:32am On Jun 11
meobizy:
Na chimpanzee full Nairaland.
πŸ˜„

1 Like

Re: As tomatoes is expensive this is the cheapest way to Make delicious stew (Video) by Gokuuu(m): 11:33am On Jun 11
Nigerians and adjustment, by the time tinubu is through with us, it is sand we will use in making stew.elections have consequences

4 Likes

Re: As tomatoes is expensive this is the cheapest way to Make delicious stew (Video) by Metrofox(m): 11:34am On Jun 11
kuntash:
hmmm.

this is part of the issue even though may appear innovative.

but politically, its the bane of our issues of NOT addressing the problems facing the masses. The politicians or the ruling class knows and understands this so well that the further they push the masses to the wall, the more the people look for ways to drill holes thru the wall to escape rather than confronting the issues facing them.

quite sad!

Nigerians are some of the most foolish people on earth and the ruling class know this grin

4 Likes

Re: As tomatoes is expensive this is the cheapest way to Make delicious stew (Video) by cococandy(f): 11:35am On Jun 11
descarado:

You know, in all these,beetroot is still the best combo and alternative.
Just that we don't grow beetroot.
All commercial tomato puree is mixed with beetroot. That's what gives that popping dark red wine colour. And beetroot quantity is usually more.
If I use beetroot for stew I’d have to use a very tiny amount. It’s really not my favorite vegetable. But so healthy, I don’t mind eating a little bit of it
Re: As tomatoes is expensive this is the cheapest way to Make delicious stew (Video) by NothingDoMe: 11:35am On Jun 11
Tomato is one food that we shouldn't joke with. A study found that men who ate 10 portions of tomatoes per week had a 45% lower risk of prostate cancer.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As tomatoes is expensive this is the cheapest way to Make delicious stew (Video) by TYCO77: 11:35am On Jun 11
[color=#000099][/color]
Love800:
Jeez!
Am confused.
I thought ugu and pumpkin are the same thing!

Ugu is precisely called fluted pumpkin.
Re: As tomatoes is expensive this is the cheapest way to Make delicious stew (Video) by EcoNews: 11:38am On Jun 11
What have you settled for in the East ?

virginboy1:
I just hope one day people will not see lizard meat as an alternative for goat, chicken and cow meat since they are now expensive....

Re: As tomatoes is expensive this is the cheapest way to Make delicious stew (Video) by Saladdin: 11:41am On Jun 11
Lolz. Nigerians are looking for way to survive instead of thriving. Is it not about time we call those who put us in this shit in order.

Call them out to secure our farms and nation, compel them to reduce all import taxes on agro inputs and give tax holidays to Agro inputs manufacturers in Nigeria.

While doing this, pressure our research institute to work with Advanced nations to come up with an effective way of eradicating these pests and diseases.

We won't do all these, but keep giving the loot sharers more incentive to punish us for our foolishness and docility.

By the time the bandits start attacking pumpkin farmers, who knows what we'll turn to as substitute.

3 Likes

Re: As tomatoes is expensive this is the cheapest way to Make delicious stew (Video) by Love800(m): 11:46am On Jun 11
Wow!

Thanks so much for this write-up.
LocalFARMERS:

You obviously didn't pay attention to the pictures. There difference is too obvious. It is like day and night. Ugwu leaf is smaller. The other pumpkin leaf is very big. Even their mode of preparing Soup is different.
.Ugwu leaf can be used to prepare Egusi Soup, Groundnut Soup and vegetables. While the other pumpkin is only used to Cook Groundnut Soup (I stand to be corrected) I have tasted both Ugwu leaf and the other leaf Soup.

1 Like

Re: As tomatoes is expensive this is the cheapest way to Make delicious stew (Video) by Emeka71(m): 11:50am On Jun 11
LocalFARMERS:
Pumpkin Stew
So delicious.
Re: As tomatoes is expensive this is the cheapest way to Make delicious stew (Video) by Love800(m): 11:50am On Jun 11
Wow!

Astonishing!

Thanks so much.
cococandy:

So many different types of pumpkins

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As tomatoes is expensive this is the cheapest way to Make delicious stew (Video) by adanny01(m): 11:54am On Jun 11
Sheuns:
cheesy

See what bad economic policies is reducing the people to.

Tomatoes is supposed to be a cheap crop for making our daily meal, but here we are discussing alternatives to something that’s never been a problem to majority in making just stew and soups.

The only time I knew stew can be made without using tomatoes was when I was in Katsina and that itself is a different type of stew made from pumpkins.

Miyar kabewa

Actually, there is a disease that is killing the tomato plant called Tomato Ebola or Tuta Absoluta or Tomato leafminer.

It happened last year but it's worst this year. Irish potatoes was also affected last year, same as ginger. Farmers lost money. My colleague went to BUK to get advise on what to farm without issues, at the time, they had no solution for the tomato and were researching.

2 Likes

Re: As tomatoes is expensive this is the cheapest way to Make delicious stew (Video) by Love800(m): 12:00pm On Jun 11
Wow!

I just learnt something new today.

Tanks alot.
TYCO77:
[color=#000099][/color]

Ugu is precisely called fluted pumpkin.

1 Like

Re: As tomatoes is expensive this is the cheapest way to Make delicious stew (Video) by Bluntemperor: 12:01pm On Jun 11
virginboy1:

But Oga Farmer,thank you o,you don de give Secrets of Our Elders to the young generations πŸŒΆοΈπŸ“,good.
β€’ Is the Picture of the Fruit - you relayed -the Pumpkin or Ugwu looked alike because I know Ugu and i See it well, well o.
- Please OP,can you help this Forum by Placing - Pumpkin and Ugu Picture Side by Side?
Thanks a lot!
Re: As tomatoes is expensive this is the cheapest way to Make delicious stew (Video) by PUNANI01: 12:12pm On Jun 11
meobizy:
πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚
Re: As tomatoes is expensive this is the cheapest way to Make delicious stew (Video) by Meteng: 12:18pm On Jun 11
Omo ! Nigerians are seeing real shege. More alternatives onboarding
Re: As tomatoes is expensive this is the cheapest way to Make delicious stew (Video) by Love800(m): 12:21pm On Jun 11
Sauce is different from stew.
Pootle:
was there a law that forbid other alternative for stews...must it be tomato, who have tried garden eggs sause and yam i was wow the day i tried it
Re: As tomatoes is expensive this is the cheapest way to Make delicious stew (Video) by luluman: 12:23pm On Jun 11
Love800:
Is it the pumpkin leafs we are going to use?
NO, the bones. grin
Re: As tomatoes is expensive this is the cheapest way to Make delicious stew (Video) by Goddyrichie(m): 12:26pm On Jun 11
LocalFARMERS:
Due to the high cost of fresh and processed Tomatoes, most Restaurant operators, Mama put owners and most households now device a cheaper means to make Stew. Since we can not do without eating Stew.

They now use dry Pumpkin with dry fresh Tomatoes. It is usually in 60:40 ratio. That is, 60% is dry Pumpkin while 40% is dry Tomatoes. The Pumpkin is to increase the quantity of the Stew, while it maintain the original Tomatoes flavour, aroma, taste and color.

Pumpkin is a highly nutritional food. It is used to prepare varieties of meals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhwRrU-AW4g
una no go kill me with laugh πŸ˜‚ 4 this country very soon we go replace sand as garri we go wise by force

1 Like

Re: As tomatoes is expensive this is the cheapest way to Make delicious stew (Video) by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:26pm On Jun 11
MrStarskie:
This is N500 in jos. This Govt is really out to kill us.[img][/img]
very cheap 4 now!

7 more ebin pawa years to go!

cool
Re: As tomatoes is expensive this is the cheapest way to Make delicious stew (Video) by BuyMeBanger: 12:28pm On Jun 11
meobizy:

Ok that is sooo wrong of you angry but sooo funny as well cheesy.
Re: As tomatoes is expensive this is the cheapest way to Make delicious stew (Video) by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:28pm On Jun 11
NothingDoMe:
Tomato is one food that we shouldn't joke with. A study found that men who ate 10 portions of tomatoes per week had a 45% lower risk of prostate cancer.
Emilokan is out to reduce population!

1 Like

Re: As tomatoes is expensive this is the cheapest way to Make delicious stew (Video) by mkoabiola: 12:30pm On Jun 11
Left for me i wont buy tomatoes.

Thier tomatoes Will get rotten
Re: As tomatoes is expensive this is the cheapest way to Make delicious stew (Video) by Pootle: 12:32pm On Jun 11
Love800:
Sauce is different from stew.

stew dont have to be made with tomatoes, check online or asks a professional cook

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Eating Himself To Death (video) / Pictures Of The Monitor Lizard I Killed In My Compound / What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.