Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,698 members, 7,930,407 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 05:31 PM

People Can’t Afford To Buy One Tuber Of Yam Again! (Pics) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / People Can’t Afford To Buy One Tuber Of Yam Again! (Pics) (34735 Views)

Bought Nice Big Tuber Of Yam Yesterday For 4000 Naira. Picture Inckuded / ₦1,200 Tuber Of Yam In Ibadan (Pictured) / See The ₦2,500 Tuber Of Yam I Bought In Port Harcourt (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Can’t Afford To Buy One Tuber Of Yam Again! (Pics) by Honestey: 11:12am On Jun 05
Sing new anthem and get 90% discount
Re: People Can’t Afford To Buy One Tuber Of Yam Again! (Pics) by Reloadedisraelp: 11:14am On Jun 05
Nigeria we hail thee ... grin just 1yr in office... Only God knows how the last 3yrs will look like
Re: People Can’t Afford To Buy One Tuber Of Yam Again! (Pics) by Omoboricash(m): 11:14am On Jun 05
Crimecity:
Tinubu has finished this country oo.

I saw this at Oja Oba!

They now have to break yam it into pieces for it to be affordable to them.

This is what the likes of Toyin Abraham is using to catch cruise? Saying it’s her choice? Instead of apologizing to Nigerians who she misled to vote for this unbelievably reckless government, she’s there threatening people.

Do you know what it means for people to be so poor to the extent of not being able to afford one tuber of yam?

Nigerians are literally dying but to some people, they want to stick to their “choice” at the expense of the nation.

Just admit that you’re wrong with your choice. Apologies and call out these heartless people you voted for.

Previous thread
Harsh Economy: Cut Yams On Sale At Food Markets https://www.nairaland.com/8083089/harsh-economy-cut-yams-sale
Imagine a tuber of yam is 6k. Omo i ran with my two legs. I was holding 5k to buy two tuber of yam at least. Aboki did not agree with my price

1 Like

Re: People Can’t Afford To Buy One Tuber Of Yam Again! (Pics) by Chibokgame: 11:17am On Jun 05
Good morning everyone. I hope the president is aware of this situation.
Re: People Can’t Afford To Buy One Tuber Of Yam Again! (Pics) by Nice2023(m): 11:19am On Jun 05
U get bad mouth honestly.

AqualinaXYZ:
I pray it gets worse make hunger deal with una

Imagine a thread came up yesterday on FP asking for garri substitute

That was where I gave up

Before 2027 the remaining of una wey hunger never kill no go fit see strength waka go polling unit
Re: People Can’t Afford To Buy One Tuber Of Yam Again! (Pics) by Karleb(m): 11:21am On Jun 05
I mean, people are asking for garri alternatives here!

Garri!!! shocked
Re: People Can’t Afford To Buy One Tuber Of Yam Again! (Pics) by Karleb(m): 11:22am On Jun 05
AqualinaXYZ:

That was where I gave up

Before 2027 the remaining of una wey hunger never kill no go fit see strength waka go polling unit

This was what came to my mind when I saw the thread.

Do you know how bad things have to be to ask for garri alternative?
Re: People Can’t Afford To Buy One Tuber Of Yam Again! (Pics) by Everlastingson: 11:26am On Jun 05
McAausim:

Mehn.... 🥺🥺 Atleast eeeh don dey reach everybody domot nah... 😳😳 Na God go deliver us from our irresponsible leaders...

Imagine see yam #1700

Where are you? Coz this yam for my side na #4k.
Re: People Can’t Afford To Buy One Tuber Of Yam Again! (Pics) by Iagos: 11:29am On Jun 05
chatinent:
Actually, right from time, these kinds of yams exist and sometimes it's because the other yam was spoilt or sth else.

This one is different. The traders deliberately cut them so people can afford it.
Re: People Can’t Afford To Buy One Tuber Of Yam Again! (Pics) by Barcalee: 11:31am On Jun 05
AqualinaXYZ:

😂😂😂😂

That was where I gave up

Re: People Can’t Afford To Buy One Tuber Of Yam Again! (Pics) by jattopeter(m): 11:34am On Jun 05
Beremx:
I bought a tuber of yarn for 5k last week. I shed tears buying it. The worse hit that broke my heart is the cost of powdered milk.

Which way Nigeria? 😭😭😭😭
We are not ready to learn , if election comes now we will forget in hurry all the pains and choose to vote against our conscience.
Re: People Can’t Afford To Buy One Tuber Of Yam Again! (Pics) by ttmax09(m): 11:35am On Jun 05
AqualinaXYZ:

That was where I gave up

both you and the 78 people that liked your comment are all idiots, wishing your country bad, cos your candidate didn't win an election. What makes you think your candidate would have been better than this. FYI I also voted obi, he didn't win, but that doesn't mean I will wish my country bad. Foolish human.
Re: People Can’t Afford To Buy One Tuber Of Yam Again! (Pics) by Didijiji: 11:37am On Jun 05
LBOTB

Lagos Builders On The Beat

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: People Can’t Afford To Buy One Tuber Of Yam Again! (Pics) by ClearFlair: 11:37am On Jun 05
EponObi can afford a trailer load. Supporters of incompetence buy tubers of yam at 2 for 1 naira.
Re: People Can’t Afford To Buy One Tuber Of Yam Again! (Pics) by Usmanovic95(m): 11:37am On Jun 05
Funny part is that inflation is just warming up by the sideline.
Re: People Can’t Afford To Buy One Tuber Of Yam Again! (Pics) by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:37am On Jun 05
haybhi1:
But why did God decide to create Obidients without brain? What was His intention, cruise? 'cos all I see is a community of dumb people, useless to the world, and just wasting oxygen.

How on earth does yam's cost relate to Toyin Abraham's choice of ruler? Someone exercised her rights like everyone else and it became a cause for intimidation. What has she done wrong? Is she the one to determine the price of yam? Are her children, her family dutiful to the inflation and insecurity?

I myself voted in Tinubu, but taken aback by his unprecedented rulership now, does that mean I must be castigated for his woes? As if Obi was not as dumb as a governor, with ill-antics during campaign, but canonized by Obidients.

There's a reason Soyinka termed you people headless mob, the sage was wrong, 'cos you lot are worse. Group of people that form the world's worst unintelligent unit. May my children not interact with lots like Obidients, I'll do everything to enact that, 'cos I can't imagine raising a child with low IQ....And what has all these got to do with Toyin Aimaku?

And, in fact, it's Obi, baba borehole, who's a saint, right?

Converting state's fund into family business and caressing state's 250M in Lagos were immaculate acts of saint, abi? Ahsweh, craniotomy will reveal a hollow head of you lot.

You voted for tinubu. Your suffering is yet to start. Shey I have told you. You will suffer greatly.
Re: People Can’t Afford To Buy One Tuber Of Yam Again! (Pics) by Jamesclooney: 11:38am On Jun 05
AqualinaXYZ:

That was where I gave up

Bro voting is not the issue, na rigging be the Koko. People need to prepare to fight
Re: People Can’t Afford To Buy One Tuber Of Yam Again! (Pics) by Jamesadeosun23: 11:38am On Jun 05
Crimecity:

I saw this at Oja Oba!

This is what the likes of Toyin Abraham is using to catch cruise? Saying it’s her choice? Instead of apologizing to Nigerians who she misled to vote for this unbelievably reckless government, she’s there threatening people.

Do you know what it means for people to be so poor to the extent of not being able to afford one tuber of yam?

Nigerians are literally dying but to some people, they want to stick to their “choice” at the expense of the nation.

Just admit that you’re wrong with your choice. Apologies and call out these heartless people you voted for.

Previous thread
Harsh Economy: Cut Yams On Sale At Food Markets https://www.nairaland.com/8083089/harsh-economy-cut-yams-sale
. No I disagree the yams were cut into twos to prove that they are not rotten inside even in the past when it is expected that the available yams around this time of the year must have been stored since December and anything could have happened to them including rottenness.
Re: People Can’t Afford To Buy One Tuber Of Yam Again! (Pics) by RepoMan007: 11:39am On Jun 05
Crimecity:

I saw this at Oja Oba!

Previous thread
stop being stupid sir. Every problem is not a function who is in power. Some are structural and others are cultural. The man in office hasn't forced you governors not to invest heavily in agric like Kebbi or Gombe is doing. They are all doing flyover and overhead bridges so they can easily take their lion share and have some that looks huge to commission.
Re: People Can’t Afford To Buy One Tuber Of Yam Again! (Pics) by ttmax09(m): 11:40am On Jun 05
Algold:
He don dey happen.

A kiss leader whose aim is to profit from the people will cause untold hardship on them.

TINUBU is not a leader Nigerians want but a leader Nigeria needs.

The only reason I dislike this government is that it only benefit the political class.

The economy class are finding it hard to grip with the economy realities.

Why the AGBADO class are too tribalistic to understand what is coming. They can hardly feed but too blind to see.

It is going to be a bumpy ride.
Can we have a sincere discussion devoid of insults if you are up to it? What do you mean by Yoruba's are tribalistic, I'm sure you are Igbo, and you are telling me you guys are also not tribalistic?
Re: People Can’t Afford To Buy One Tuber Of Yam Again! (Pics) by Exceed15: 11:42am On Jun 05
Kai this is not funny at all.
May everyone who brought this calamity upon Nigeria not know peace. May their lives be like the present state of the country.
Re: People Can’t Afford To Buy One Tuber Of Yam Again! (Pics) by lextube: 11:46am On Jun 05
Crimecity:

I saw this at Oja Oba!

Previous thread

Chai, this is too bad. Blame APC, Buhari and Tinubu for this mess they have put Nigerians into. This is very bad.
Re: People Can’t Afford To Buy One Tuber Of Yam Again! (Pics) by Metrofox(m): 11:48am On Jun 05
OneCandleAway:

Do you mean a single yam 10k?

Better buy sweet potato.

them still dey talk more, you people are very good at adjusting. lol . Good substitution coach
Re: People Can’t Afford To Buy One Tuber Of Yam Again! (Pics) by Justnation: 11:52am On Jun 05
With all these evil and suffering inflicted on Nigerians by tinubu, some bigots are still supporting him.
Woe to all emilokan apologist
Re: People Can’t Afford To Buy One Tuber Of Yam Again! (Pics) by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:54am On Jun 05
Two days ago, I overheard some people talking that 1 cup of garri na N150, I no believe am cos I don't actually know the the current market prices, cos I don't cook, I only eat out....

To clear my doubt, I went to a garri seller this morning and asked for the price of 1cup, she said N180...

Na there I know say una never see anything...

I always tell my people in my circle that to set this country free from these bastard potbellied politicians, nobody should go and vote for anybody...

Let them choose themselves...

When the whole of the citizens refuse to come out and vote during election times, they would get the message that danger is coming...

But since Una no wan learn, tinubu is here to deal with Una...

It's just one year of his ruling and u people dey go 4 years...

I have no pity for any of u people...

1 Like

Re: People Can’t Afford To Buy One Tuber Of Yam Again! (Pics) by lextube: 11:54am On Jun 05
Jamesadeosun23:
. No I disagree the yams were cut into twos to prove that they are not rotten inside even in the past when it is expected that the available yams around this time of the year must have been stored since December and anything could have happened to them including rottenness.

YOU'RE A STUPID PERSON. YES I AM SAYING IT AGAIN, YOU'RE A VERY STUPID PERSON.

Take a good look at the image to see how the cut tubers were packed together for sale. Does this look like yams that were cut to prove that they aren't rotten? IDIOT, stupid man that doesn't want to have sense.

2 Likes

Re: People Can’t Afford To Buy One Tuber Of Yam Again! (Pics) by Safyqueen: 11:58am On Jun 05
But this man is not holding NEPA bill certificate now and also from southern Nigeria where academic is excellent, people that are so sophisticated, civilized, social and do not practice almagiri system.
Is it that Buhari now understands economic policies than a Chicago accountant?

Una never see anything. The north is patiently watching.
Re: People Can’t Afford To Buy One Tuber Of Yam Again! (Pics) by Benblaq(m): 11:59am On Jun 05
chatinent:
Actually, right from time, these kinds of yams exist and sometimes it's because the other half was spoilt. Cos cutting into two can ruin the whole tuber and rot begin from one part until the whole half is done for. Other times, like you said, it could be because of affordability but that's not mostly the case.
Taaa!!

1 Like

Re: People Can’t Afford To Buy One Tuber Of Yam Again! (Pics) by Pat081: 12:04pm On Jun 05
Crimecity:

I saw this at Oja Oba!

Previous thread
How much are now selling this ones sir
Re: People Can’t Afford To Buy One Tuber Of Yam Again! (Pics) by genesishouse: 12:06pm On Jun 05
HydraFeeds:
It's true that things are costlier but half yam is not because of the price,if you observe that these yams are displayed in groups which means that they are sold as a bunch ,this is how broken Yams are sold since time immemorial.

A person that can't afford a single yam can't afford bunch of broken Yams .

you lied.
how many trailers of yam will produce all that quantity of broken ones?
how come all of them broke at the middle?
Non broke at the head or the bottom?
One day all of you liars will run of out of fake propaganda just like liar muhammed did when he could no longer see any more lies to tell.
There is fire on the mountain, even the little stipend they are paying you will soon run out.
Re: People Can’t Afford To Buy One Tuber Of Yam Again! (Pics) by maasoap(m): 12:06pm On Jun 05
AqualinaXYZ:

That was where I gave up

And your family? What will be their plight too? Both nuclear and extended grin grin grin. Common sense is a scarce commodity. Sore loser
Re: People Can’t Afford To Buy One Tuber Of Yam Again! (Pics) by lastkingsman: 12:09pm On Jun 05
haybhi1:
But why did God decide to create Obidients without brain? What was His intention, cruise? 'cos all I see is a community of dumb people, useless to the world, and just wasting oxygen.

How on earth does yam's cost relate to Toyin Abraham's choice of ruler? Someone exercised her rights like everyone else and it became a cause for intimidation. What has she done wrong? Is she the one to determine the price of yam? Are her children, her family dutiful to the inflation and insecurity?

I myself voted in Tinubu, but taken aback by his unprecedented rulership now, does that mean I must be castigated for his woes? As if Obi was not as dumb as a governor, with ill-antics during campaign, but canonized by Obidients.

There's a reason Soyinka termed you people headless mob, the sage was wrong, 'cos you lot are worse. Group of people that form the world's worst unintelligent unit. May my children not interact with lots like Obidients, I'll do everything to enact that, 'cos I can't imagine raising a child with low IQ....And what has all these got to do with Toyin Aimaku?

And, in fact, it's Obi, baba borehole, who's a saint, right?

Converting state's fund into family business and caressing state's 250M in Lagos were immaculate acts of saint, abi? Ahsweh, craniotomy will reveal a hollow head of you lot.

You are an irredeemable buffon.

Instead of you to acknowledge the fact that you voted Tinubu because of Emilokan and Muslim-Muslim ticket, you are here yapping and hiding under "my democratic right to vote".

A man who didn't attend any debate/interview on his plans for Nigeria is who a grown educated adult like you stood and thumbprinted for. Kai.

Well, the damage has been done and I can assure you the demon you voted for will destroy this country beyond repairs by the time he's done in 2031

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Big Python Killed In Rivers State / Why Do Most People Forbid Okro Soup Especially At Parties??? / “yorubas Cook Jollof Rice Better Than Igbos” - Nigerian Man Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.