Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,120 members, 7,887,245 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:53 AM

FG To Suspend Import Duties And VAT On Food Items, Others - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG To Suspend Import Duties And VAT On Food Items, Others (25759 Views)

Binance: Crypto Platforms Impose 7.5% VAT On Transactions / Nigerians To Pay 5% VAT On Online, Internet Transactions January 2020 — FIRS / Is TIN No And VAT No The Same? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Suspend Import Duties And VAT On Food Items, Others by UKEMY(m): 4:13am On Jun 06
lexy2014:

In the question I asked you, can u show me were I asked u if u support Tinubu or APC?

Before you start ass licking, pls how much is yam, beans rice, tomatoes and pepper?
I said the cost of foods are very high now but with Government lifting Import duties cost of foods will drop
Example
Chemicals
Flowers
Rice
Beans
etc
So,this action is a welcome one thou the 6months time frame is short
Re: FG To Suspend Import Duties And VAT On Food Items, Others by huntax(m): 5:57am On Jun 06
adioolayi:
This is a brilliant move..

But then, exchange rate wahala on imported products..

Atall atall na im bad..

Hopefully, food inflation will come down...

Ti ebi ba kuro n'inu ise, ise bu se (If hunger is taken care of in poverty, it will be a huge relief) ...pardon my interpretation..that's the best I can go. Na the Yoruba own sweet pass.

Another key part of this order is the suspension of import duty on pharmaceutical products and suspension of VAT on pharmaceutical products...great relief for patients.... especially those on essential medicines!
You do realise it's only suspended for 6 months. The inflation won't reduce as importers will be bracing themselves for the surge in prices 6 months after.
Re: FG To Suspend Import Duties And VAT On Food Items, Others by adioolayi(m): 6:09am On Jun 06
huntax:

You do realise it's only suspended for 6 months. The inflation won't reduce as importers will be bracing themselves for the surge in prices 6 months after.

Tomorrow will take care of itself.. anything for immediate relief is welcome.

I can tell you that if you remove import duty and vat on pharmaceutical products today..prices will go down.

After 6 months, let's wait and see if other indices would be better by then

1 Like

Re: FG To Suspend Import Duties And VAT On Food Items, Others by lexy2014: 6:39am On Jun 06
UKEMY:

I said the cost of foods are very high now but with Government lifting Import duties cost of foods will drop
Example
Chemicals
Flowers
Rice
Beans
etc
So,this action is a welcome one thou the 6months time frame is short

Can you show me were you said that cost of things is very high?

Before you start ass licking, pls how much is yam, beans rice, tomatoes and pepper?

How will lifting import duty affect price of rice and beans?
Re: FG To Suspend Import Duties And VAT On Food Items, Others by chrismex(m): 6:55am On Jun 06
Which source does this news come from
Re: FG To Suspend Import Duties And VAT On Food Items, Others by fortunejum: 7:17am On Jun 06
Building materials are not included?
Re: FG To Suspend Import Duties And VAT On Food Items, Others by UKEMY(m): 7:28am On Jun 06
lexy2014:

Suit yourself.
I don't Asslicker any politician but only a concerned Citizen that believes that things should work.
Remove the hate from your heart dude
Re: FG To Suspend Import Duties And VAT On Food Items, Others by lexy2014: 8:07am On Jun 06
UKEMY:

Suit yourself.
I don't Asslicker any politician but only a concerned Citizen that believes that things should work.
Remove the hate from your heart dude

you are yet to answer my questions.

can you show me the relationship between hate and the questions I asked you?
Re: FG To Suspend Import Duties And VAT On Food Items, Others by Jacksparrow7(m): 8:33am On Jun 06
Hahaha. Not going to happen.
Re: FG To Suspend Import Duties And VAT On Food Items, Others by Mo6M: 8:56am On Jun 06
Yes its time again... APC inner caucus.... Lets proceed to the next trial and error
Re: FG To Suspend Import Duties And VAT On Food Items, Others by RepoMan007: 10:14am On Jun 06
Vikto17:
God punish local farmers,, they should all fold up and burn to hell if they don't want to produce... This people are the bedrock of food inflation in this country... Enable competition so that they will calm down a little..
local farmers are not the problem. The middlemen are. Misplaced priority

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dangote Gains $5.8bn In One Day, Now World’s 64th Richest Person / Binance Executive, Tigran Gambaryan Collapses In Court / Checkout Today's Naira Exchange Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.