Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,819 members, 7,872,747 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:02 PM

We Are Not Thinking Of Merger With Any Political Party – PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Not Thinking Of Merger With Any Political Party – PDP (6542 Views)

El-Rufai: Naira Redesign Doesn't Make Any Political Or Economic Sense (Video) / 2023: Is Lai Mohammed Contesting For Any Political Position? / Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Not Thinking Of Merger With Any Political Party – PDP by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:15pm On Jun 05
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, National Working Committee, NWC, has declared that its not engaged in any merger, fusion or amalgamation talks with any other political party.

This comes amid talks by PDP’s 2023 presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar of forming a coalition with his Labour Party counterpart, Peter Obi and other political parties.

But, Yunusa Tanko, the spokesman of the defunct Obi-Datti presidential campaign council, had said Obi is not interested in any merger that is aimed at seeking political powers.

However, PDP expressed readiness to welcome back to its fold, members who left for other political parties.

The PDP NWC stated this after its 587th meeting in Abuja on Tuesday.

A statement by PDP’s spokesman, Debo Ologunagba, reads: “While the PDP, as a truly people’s Party, is open and welcoming to all Nigerians including our former members who left for other parties, we state that our Party remains strong and formidable, capable of winning elections in a free, fair and transparent electoral process in our country.

“The NWC acknowledges the influx of millions of Nigerians into our Party in the on-going Party Membership Drive in all the Electoral Wards across the country; which further confirms that the PDP remains the Party of choice for majority of Nigerians.

“The public, teeming members of our great Party, Democracy Institutions and of course the International Community should therefore disregard any report suggesting any form of merger between the PDP and any other political Party as such is not in the contemplation of our great Party.”

https://dailypost.ng/2024/06/05/were-not-thinking-of-merger-with-any-political-party-pdp/

4 Likes

Re: We Are Not Thinking Of Merger With Any Political Party – PDP by dawnomike(m): 7:21pm On Jun 05
How the once might pdp has fallen...

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not Thinking Of Merger With Any Political Party – PDP by Newyorkitis(m): 7:25pm On Jun 05
Today na today
Re: We Are Not Thinking Of Merger With Any Political Party – PDP by Noniblaq1(m): 7:25pm On Jun 05
I no trust politicians e con be political party. Dey play. Just Incase you don’t know, I make the best shirts in the world, check out my topic to see for yourself.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Thinking Of Merger With Any Political Party – PDP by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 7:25pm On Jun 05
Lies, you people are eager to merge with LP😀😄😂

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Thinking Of Merger With Any Political Party – PDP by orohbiro(f): 7:25pm On Jun 05
Q
Re: We Are Not Thinking Of Merger With Any Political Party – PDP by neolboy(m): 7:26pm On Jun 05
To big to form merger
Re: We Are Not Thinking Of Merger With Any Political Party – PDP by muykem: 7:26pm On Jun 05
Summary. Peter Obi can return back to PDP as a prodigal son but no no to merger.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Thinking Of Merger With Any Political Party – PDP by mcgodison2531(m): 7:26pm On Jun 05
Then what's Obi doing with Atiku
Re: We Are Not Thinking Of Merger With Any Political Party – PDP by YeyeGbami: 7:28pm On Jun 05
If una like make una merge with ypp

16 Likes

Re: We Are Not Thinking Of Merger With Any Political Party – PDP by athaboi(f): 7:28pm On Jun 05
Yes, the PDP of wike, the one Tinubu is trying so hard to take over through wike! Wike and his cohorts will be disgraced come 2027!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Thinking Of Merger With Any Political Party – PDP by athaboi(f): 7:30pm On Jun 05
muykem:
Summary. Peter Obi can return back to PDP as a prodigal son but no no to merger.
only Yoruba Muslims keep crying up and down about Peter Obi

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are Not Thinking Of Merger With Any Political Party – PDP by KnowledgePower7: 7:31pm On Jun 05
PDP will get only 2 votes in next election

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are Not Thinking Of Merger With Any Political Party – PDP by Thryphosa(m): 7:32pm On Jun 05
Dey play
Re: We Are Not Thinking Of Merger With Any Political Party – PDP by Fortruth: 7:32pm On Jun 05
That party has expired as many of them are in APC…

All na criminals

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Thinking Of Merger With Any Political Party – PDP by MaziObinnaokija: 7:32pm On Jun 05
grin grin grin grin PAPA DECEIVE OBI OF AGULU. undecided shocked shocked grin

O LULE shocked shocked shocked shocked sad le kan si angry grin cool shocked

Baba MIKANO don SCAM OBI. Eluuupees 77 cheesy

12 Likes

Re: We Are Not Thinking Of Merger With Any Political Party – PDP by mytime24(f): 7:32pm On Jun 05
Make Una change una name
Frm pdp to Hbp

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Thinking Of Merger With Any Political Party – PDP by CedaAgro: 7:33pm On Jun 05
PDP should know that by forming a merger, they could pool resources, unify their support bases, and reduce the fragmentation of votes among opposition parties. This is crucial in a country like Nigeria where election margins can be narrow.

To succeed in farming or home gardening, you need the right hybrid seeds. I import, supply and distribute all kinds of agricultural seeds and equipments. Contact me if you need agro seedlings and chemicals. Both Cucumber, Watermelon, Onions, Cabbage, Pepper, Tomato etc.

PAY ON DELIVERY WITHIN LAGOS STATE

For business only, CALL or CHAT me on 09090907136

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are Not Thinking Of Merger With Any Political Party – PDP by MaziObinnaokija: 7:34pm On Jun 05
grin cheesy
grin
cheesy
grin

Make I reach helinues, Obaofaba, Roboto11, seunmsg, leodeking, LegendHero ,yarimo, Chukwuibuipob, Raskimonojendor, ipobarecriminals, 🏠

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not Thinking Of Merger With Any Political Party – PDP by Joesno(m): 7:34pm On Jun 05
Labour Party in d mud cheesy

3 Likes

Re: We Are Not Thinking Of Merger With Any Political Party – PDP by Jayhome24: 7:35pm On Jun 05
Merger with who? Instead for pdp to form any shit merger with LP let pdp ceases to exist. I'm pdp from 1999 till date despite I voted for Tinubu I will rather wish pdp die than joining merger with obi, never.

10 Likes

Re: We Are Not Thinking Of Merger With Any Political Party – PDP by EcoLaw: 7:35pm On Jun 05
The only standing political party since 1999.
Re: We Are Not Thinking Of Merger With Any Political Party – PDP by Honestey: 7:38pm On Jun 05
Obi will not like this

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not Thinking Of Merger With Any Political Party – PDP by muykem: 7:38pm On Jun 05
athaboi:
only Yoruba Muslims keep crying up and down about Peter Obi
Is PDP NWC also Yoruba Muslim?

5 Likes

Re: We Are Not Thinking Of Merger With Any Political Party – PDP by Risingblue008(m): 7:42pm On Jun 05
Merge or no merge

Pdp is a saint towards apshit
Re: We Are Not Thinking Of Merger With Any Political Party – PDP by phemmie06(m): 7:42pm On Jun 05
What has been the role of PDP and the opposition party at large in NASS?
WE are the one seeing them as opposition they all have common goals

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Thinking Of Merger With Any Political Party – PDP by TylerPerry: 7:44pm On Jun 05
Better not, so you don't attribute your failure to one merger. Never again will APC and PDP happen to Nigeria
Re: We Are Not Thinking Of Merger With Any Political Party – PDP by FreeStuffsNG: 7:44pm On Jun 05
Lobatan. Very loud memo.
May God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Abuse Of Honourary Degrees / JTF Sets Adulterated Diesel Tanker Ablaze In Imo / Video: Angry Biafran Youths Destroying The Nigerian Flag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.