Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,720 members, 7,882,444 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 05:24 AM

Green Field University Leads Charge To Propel Nigeria's Economic Growth - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Green Field University Leads Charge To Propel Nigeria's Economic Growth (68 Views)

Covenant University Leads UI, UNILAG And Others In Latest University Ranking / Bowen University Leads Race To Curb Dwindling Values In Institutions / Covenant University : Leads In Business, Management And Accounting Research (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Green Field University Leads Charge To Propel Nigeria's Economic Growth by Jatuski: 10:26am On Jun 06
*Holds conference

Prestigious tertiary institutions, Green Field University (GFU), Kaduna on Wednesday June 5, 2024, attracted professors and several stakeholders to the Maiden International Conference on Contemporary Issues in Nigeria, held at its city Campus in Kudenda.

The conference, geared towards propelling economic growth for Nigeria, saw the lead paper presenter, Professor Sanusi Rafindadi of the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria, suggest how the economy of the country can be put back on track.

He lamented that the middle class in Nigeria is fast disappearing, a development arising from dwindling purchasing power of Nigerians.

Earlier in his remarks, the Pro Chancellor of Greenfield University, Engineer / Chief Simon Ifediora Nwakacha (Onwa of Umueri), said that in today's rapidly changing global landscape, the importance of addressing contemporary issues cannot be over emphasized.

"From economic challenges to social disparities, and from technological advancements to environmental sustainability, there is a multitude of factors that shape the trajectory of a nation's progress.

"It is heartening to see this conference focus specifically on pathways to economic development. We all recognize that a strong and vibrant economy is the bedrock upon which a prosperous society is built. Through insightful discussions, robust debates, and collaborative efforts, I am confident that this conference will pave the way for innovative solutions and actionable strategies that can drive Nigeria towards sustainable economic growth," he said.

The Pro Chancellor speaking further, said that he was also delighted to witness the dedication and commitment of the Faculty of Social and Management Sciences in organizing this event.

"Their relentless pursuit of academic excellence and their passion for intellectual discourse are truly commendable. I am certain that the presentations and discussions that will take place over the course of this conference will be of great value to all participants and will contribute significantly to the body of knowledge in the field.

"To all the esteemed speakers, I extend my heartfelt gratitude for sharing your expertise and insights with us. Your contributions are invaluable, and I have no doubt that your presentations will inspire, educate, and challenge all of us to think critically and proactively about the issues at hand.

"To the delegates and participants, I urge you to engage fully in the discussions, ask questions, share your perspectives, and collaborate with your peers. It is through such interactions that new ideas are born, partnerships are forged, and solutions emerge," he stressed.

He said, "As we navigate the complexities of our times, let us remember that the future of our nation lies in our hands. By coming together, by working collaboratively, and by embracing diversity of thoughts and opinions , we can chart a course towards a brighter and more prosperous future for Nigeria."

Engineer Nwakacha said that as the Founder and Pro Chancellor of this esteemed institution, it fills him with pride to witness such a gathering of bright minds and passionate individuals coming together to discuss and deliberate on crucial matters that are paramount to the development of our beloved country, Nigeria.

He extended his warmest greetings to all present and wished them a fruitful and successful conference.

"It is with great pleasure and honor that I extend my warmest greetings to all of you gathered here for the International Conference on "Contemporary Issues in Nigeria: Pathways to Economic Development," organized by the Faculty of Social and Management Sciences of Greenfield University," he said.

In his goodwill message, Commissioner of Sports Development Kaduna State, Professor Ben Gugong described the present economic situation in Nigeria as unfortunate.

" It is sad that in a country where a bag of rice is almost N100,000, we are still debating a minimum wage of N60,000," he lamented.

He charged all Nigerians to be patriotic and productive to end massive importation, which he says, is affecting the economy.

Other erudite scholars at the conference, included, Provost of the Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT), Professor Auwal Kasim and Professor Ayodele Joseph of the Kaduna State University, among others

The three day conference which started on June 4, ends on Thursday June 6.

The conference had as its theme, "Contemporary Issues in Nigeria: Pathway to Economic Development".

(1) (Reply)

Unlock Your MD-102 Potential: Advanced Dumps PDF For 2024 / High-quality Accounting Assignment Help From Professional Accountants / The Importance Of Assessment Help Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.