Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,674 members, 7,878,978 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 10:35 AM

Neighbour Kills Mother Of Eight-Months Old Twins Over Solar Light Debt - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Neighbour Kills Mother Of Eight-Months Old Twins Over Solar Light Debt (25974 Views)

Police Arrest Ogun Landlord Who Tied Up 11-year-old Twins Like Goats (pic) / Daughter Kills Mother Over Sex With Her Husband In Osun / Uncle Kills Seven-year-old Twins For Rituals In Delta, Flees (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Neighbour Kills Mother Of Eight-Months Old Twins Over Solar Light Debt by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 11:01am On Jun 06
One Dauda Jolaosho, a resident of Alako Nla village, along Kobape Road, Abeokuta, has alleged that his neighbor shot and killed his wife over unpaid solar light debt.

Jolaosho, 44, who is a fish farmer, alleged on Wednesday that his neighbour and friend, Saheed Olawale, a timbre operator, shot him and his wife but while he survived with a gunshot wound on his arm, his wife died instantly.

Narrating the tragic incident, Jolaosho stated that the incident which occurred on Wednesday, April 2024, had left him completely shattered, as his wife left behind eight months old twins, and three other children aged 13, 10 and five.

He said, “This incident actually started on April 23, 2024. I was about to go out when the people that we bought solar light from came to my house.

“We actually bought these solar lights from them last year, in March; we made a deposit of N10,000 after which we are now paying N1150 every week, the total money is around N67,000.

“And I have been paying what is due for this solar light every week, in fact, what I have left to pay is N3,000. So when these people came to my house, they said that they wanted to check on Olawale too, who is also popularly called Komaye.

“They said that Olawale has stopped the weekly payments and that even when he is called he won’t pick his calls. They said they are left with no choice than to go back with the solar light to their office and they left a phone number with which he can connect with them whenever he’s back from work”.

Jolaosho added that immediately Olawale got back from work and found out that the people had taken his solar light back to their office, he began quarreling with him and wasn’t ready to listen to his explanation.

He said, “the following morning, which was Wednesday, April 24, Olawale came to my house, picked my phone and left.

“The next thing, I saw him coming with the local gun and while my wife was on her knees begging him not to shoot, he suddenly pulled the trigger and I was hit on my arm, but when I looked back I found my wife of almost 18 years in the pool of her blood, she was dead”.

The fish farmer said the incident was first reported at Kemta police station, Abeokuta, after which it was transferred to the Ogun State police command, Eleweran, Abeokuta.

He added that his late wife was buried on Tuesday at Alako Nla, Abeokuta.

While demanding justice for his wife, he implored the Ogun State government and Nigerians to help him care for the five children left behind.

The Divisional Police Officer of Kemta, CSP Wale Famobuwa, in a conference call with the spokesperson of Ogun State police command, SP Omolola Odutola confirmed the incident.

The DPO said, “the incident was reported to our station between 12 and 2pm on that day and we went to the scene of the crime.

“What happened was that the husband of the woman who was shot dead was engaged in a fight with the alleged killer of the woman.

“He was said to have threatened to stone the man who later killed his wife, but this alleged killer warned him not to do that and that if he should stone him, he would shoot him.

“Jolaosho, however, reportedly went ahead to stone Olawale after which he (Olawale) drew out his dane gun and shot at Jolaosho and his wife who was trying to broker peace.”

The Police added that Olawale was still at large and vowed to bring him to book.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2024/06/06/neighbour-kills-mother-of-eight-months-old-twins-over-solar-light-debt/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Neighbour Kills Mother Of Eight-Months Old Twins Over Solar Light Debt by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 11:02am On Jun 06
What Is Really Happening For This Ogun State?

16 Likes

Re: Neighbour Kills Mother Of Eight-Months Old Twins Over Solar Light Debt by 22o62021: 11:14am On Jun 06
Hmmm Anger

6 Likes

Re: Neighbour Kills Mother Of Eight-Months Old Twins Over Solar Light Debt by delzbaba(m): 11:29am On Jun 06
What type of dastardly act is this? The culprit should be hunted down like an animal.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Neighbour Kills Mother Of Eight-Months Old Twins Over Solar Light Debt by Mpcoll001: 11:42am On Jun 06
You just put yourself in unnecessary trouble

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Neighbour Kills Mother Of Eight-Months Old Twins Over Solar Light Debt by Ikpunekenwa(m): 11:42am On Jun 06
Hmmm
Re: Neighbour Kills Mother Of Eight-Months Old Twins Over Solar Light Debt by OboOlora(f): 11:43am On Jun 06
They need to move Ogun State to SE cos it is the only state in the SW where they kill eachother like it's a tournament.

Dapo Abiodun should be stoned to death, never seen a living thing that useless.

Even wall geckos have some usefulness lol

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Neighbour Kills Mother Of Eight-Months Old Twins Over Solar Light Debt by Bubu4Sea: 11:45am On Jun 06
I fear that region oh.
Human life means nothing to them.
OboOlora:
They need to move Ogun State to SE cos it is the only state in the SW where they kill eachother like it's a tournament.

Dapo Abiodun should be stoned to death, never seen a living thing that useless.

Even wall geckos have some usefulness lol
The land of ritual killings belongs amongst the people who believe human skull mining improves IGR.
That's the SW.

The only region that a human skull enhances IGR.

No wonder the human skull is revered in the SW.

41 Likes

Re: Neighbour Kills Mother Of Eight-Months Old Twins Over Solar Light Debt by b0rn2fuck(m): 11:45am On Jun 06
Matter ! This tinubu time. Wetin small anger to cause fit shake the whole nation ,tinubu have reduced our battery life span from 4bar to 1bar

4 Likes

Re: Neighbour Kills Mother Of Eight-Months Old Twins Over Solar Light Debt by Yugoslavia247(m): 11:45am On Jun 06
Olawale get gun.

Lets say the owner of the house get gun too he wont dare come.

That is the fact.

Never give people impression that you dont like trouble.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Neighbour Kills Mother Of Eight-Months Old Twins Over Solar Light Debt by omoredia: 11:45am On Jun 06
emi lo kan people will eliminate themselves because of poverty

11 Likes

Re: Neighbour Kills Mother Of Eight-Months Old Twins Over Solar Light Debt by bewla(m): 11:45am On Jun 06
God
Re: Neighbour Kills Mother Of Eight-Months Old Twins Over Solar Light Debt by Charmingrascal(m): 11:45am On Jun 06
If Light stable solar for no cause quarrel.

How could you pull out a gun and shot a fellow human being without thinking twice.

People like this should be killed instantly without any option of life sentence or court charges

Like those student who killed their hostel mate because of phone, they should have all been killed by now.
Firing squad is the better option

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Neighbour Kills Mother Of Eight-Months Old Twins Over Solar Light Debt by Didi2d(m): 11:46am On Jun 06
Na so prepaid meter nearly cause wahala between me and my neighbour.
But I use maturity for am, no be by age be maturity, cause the said man is older than me

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Neighbour Kills Mother Of Eight-Months Old Twins Over Solar Light Debt by AmiableMosquito: 11:46am On Jun 06
When we talk about bad governance, these are the effects.

If only there was stable electricity, this wouldn't have happened.

10 Likes

Re: Neighbour Kills Mother Of Eight-Months Old Twins Over Solar Light Debt by ABANGWABOI(m): 11:46am On Jun 06
I am speechless...

Things like this will always happen until Nigerian Govt starts televising the Hanging of Death Row inmates ...
Whoever abolished Death penalty and Execution did us a disservice

6 Likes

Re: Neighbour Kills Mother Of Eight-Months Old Twins Over Solar Light Debt by omoadeleye(m): 11:47am On Jun 06
Chai.

Debtors too should always have a good manner of approach or pay their debts too on time, there are many times i always feel to have a gun also and shoot some annoying debtors using your money to frustrate you.

It's when a creditor now go far in the cause of recovery their money is when you will start hearing or seeing that someone killed another person because of money but initial confrontation that leads to the frustration would be disregarded.

It's well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Neighbour Kills Mother Of Eight-Months Old Twins Over Solar Light Debt by Darkjudge24: 11:47am On Jun 06
Nigerian police force, up till this moment the culprit is still at large

3 Likes

Re: Neighbour Kills Mother Of Eight-Months Old Twins Over Solar Light Debt by medropoly(m): 11:48am On Jun 06
It's high time we moderate news in this plaform.
At least one good news after five bad news.
Omo which one be bad news from A to Z

angry

RIP to de deceased and may God console the family and every Nigerian suffering from the hands of these heartless people

3 Likes

Re: Neighbour Kills Mother Of Eight-Months Old Twins Over Solar Light Debt by Golan007: 11:49am On Jun 06

I want to see who would blame NEPA for this one.
Re: Neighbour Kills Mother Of Eight-Months Old Twins Over Solar Light Debt by luskysylver(m): 11:49am On Jun 06
I REMEMBERED WHEN DEATH WAS REALLY A SACRED THING IN NIGERIA

2 Likes

Re: Neighbour Kills Mother Of Eight-Months Old Twins Over Solar Light Debt by John4B: 11:50am On Jun 06
These ppl living in the slum, imagine the roof. Well, rip to the dead.

2 Likes

Re: Neighbour Kills Mother Of Eight-Months Old Twins Over Solar Light Debt by xelente(m): 11:51am On Jun 06
The suspect is still at large”

So from where did the police get the stoning and fighting story from, obviously not from the complainant

And what was the suspect doing with a gun inside another persons apartment

Lame story
UDOKABESTLUV:

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2024/06/06/neighbour-kills-mother-of-eight-months-old-twins-over-solar-light-debt/

4 Likes

Re: Neighbour Kills Mother Of Eight-Months Old Twins Over Solar Light Debt by spencekat(m): 11:51am On Jun 06
Didi2d:
Na so prepaid meter nearly cause wahala between me and my neighbour.
But I use maturity for am, no be by age be maturity, cause the said man is older than me
I hate sharing utility bills with neighbours.

8 Likes

Re: Neighbour Kills Mother Of Eight-Months Old Twins Over Solar Light Debt by fintechx: 11:51am On Jun 06
Incomplete narrative
Re: Neighbour Kills Mother Of Eight-Months Old Twins Over Solar Light Debt by Kanixt(m): 11:51am On Jun 06
That's why I always advise people never pass a negative message to your neighbour, because he will accuse you of being mastermind.

3 Likes

Re: Neighbour Kills Mother Of Eight-Months Old Twins Over Solar Light Debt by Anguldi(m): 11:51am On Jun 06
Frustrated men allover
Re: Neighbour Kills Mother Of Eight-Months Old Twins Over Solar Light Debt by Passionate888: 11:52am On Jun 06
cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Day Old Baby Found In A Dustbin In Lagos (Photo) / Lady Confronts New User Of Her Stolen Phone After Tracking It (Video) / LGBT Volunteer Infuriated As A Gay Man Is Battered In Imo State. - Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.