Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,756 members, 7,930,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 10:19 PM

You Can Get Upwork Jobs As A Nigerian - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / You Can Get Upwork Jobs As A Nigerian (118 Views)

Heineken Is Cutting 8,000 Jobs As It Moves 'beyond Beer' / Get Upwork Account Approved In 10 Mins (N1,000 Bonus Price) / Opinion: Which Is Bigger And Better Between Fiverr And Upwork? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Can Get Upwork Jobs As A Nigerian by Jaycobbs(m): 5:06pm On Jun 06
I'll just go straight to the point since I actually need to go and get this job done.

When you're applying to jobs on Upwork, play to your strengths. There are no gimmicks involved in this. I've shared the job I applied to and the cover letter I used to land the job. Maybe it would help someone.

Here's how I did it:

>> I talked about the company and the person behind the job post. Show some emotional intelligence; you're talking to another human being. I got the information about what kind of company he was by looking at what he had hired people for in the past

>> I talked a bit about my writing process. I'm telling him, hey, I'm not a complete JJC in this. I've done this before.

>> I addressed the rates. He mentioned this in his job post

>> I showed evidence. Linked to my portfolio.

>> CTA. I told him we could get on a call to discuss more about his project.

And that's all there is to it.

Good luck, guys.

grin

P. S. I'm Top-Rated on Upwork so maybe that played a role in this, but I promise I've only completed nine jobs on the platform.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Wema Bank Transfer Issue / How To Make Your Daily 6 Dollars As A Nigerian With No Skill / Is It Worth Getting A Portable Power Station?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.