Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,707 members, 7,879,080 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 12:23 PM

Bode George: Nigerians Should Give Tinubu One More Year To Fix Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bode George: Nigerians Should Give Tinubu One More Year To Fix Nigeria (18453 Views)

Wike inspects Projects to celebrate President Tinubu's one year in office / Which States Will Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? / Bode George: Nigerians Will Regret If Tinubu Becomes President In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bode George: Nigerians Should Give Tinubu One More Year To Fix Nigeria by Starboy2bad: 3:45pm On Jun 07
grin I don’t know why I’m laughing but I know why
Re: Bode George: Nigerians Should Give Tinubu One More Year To Fix Nigeria by Kayus586(m): 3:45pm On Jun 07
Only God can save this country
Gboom:

You are one the realist here unlike the praise singers and hatred choir who always believe one man with no significant achievements in government in his state as governor is the one that will liberate the most corrupted majority of Nigerians.

No able-bodied Nigerian can liberate the country from its current mess

1 Like

Re: Bode George: Nigerians Should Give Tinubu One More Year To Fix Nigeria by Babastrong(m): 3:46pm On Jun 07
The children of hate will call this Baba bad names now.

1 Like

Re: Bode George: Nigerians Should Give Tinubu One More Year To Fix Nigeria by hero2000: 3:47pm On Jun 07
Olachase:
Jonathan talk say" when i am gone you people will miss me
Buhari said the same thing

anything way go make Tinubu talk the same with all this hardship, make god kuku blow the trumpet asap embarassed embarassed
If the citizens keep quiet like drugged folks in the face of cruel and harsh treatment by APC and the political elite, Tinubu will say so and it will happen to us!

Arise O Compatriots.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bode George: Nigerians Should Give Tinubu One More Year To Fix Nigeria by Kayus586(m): 3:47pm On Jun 07
Sincerely
Gboom:

You are one the realist here unlike the praise singers and hatred choir who always believe one man with no significant achievements in government in his state as governor is the one that will liberate the most corrupted majority of Nigerians.

No able-bodied Nigerian can liberate the country from its current mess
Re: Bode George: Nigerians Should Give Tinubu One More Year To Fix Nigeria by MaziObinnaokija: 3:47pm On Jun 07
angry suckyourballs angry. All will be well b4 Dec. BELIEVE grin cool
ganisucks:
Kikiki... 😆😅🤣😂

Daddy, I'm giving him 50 years. I know he won't do shebaing.
They told someone not to take it, but he went and took it anyway, and after taking it and running with it, he now wants them to fund him enjoying what he took by force. How and where is that possible? Worse, they are now openly promoting mutiny and seccession talks and insulting the King. Dey play and dey pray. Manna will fall from heaven
Re: Bode George: Nigerians Should Give Tinubu One More Year To Fix Nigeria by Okechinwadike: 3:47pm On Jun 07
SpatialKing:
Contrary to the populatar opinion

PDP actually made it easy for Tinubu win
this one is still playing politic when hunger wan finish people
Re: Bode George: Nigerians Should Give Tinubu One More Year To Fix Nigeria by Macdeey: 3:49pm On Jun 07
EyeCumInPiss:

You mean one more year to fix finish Nigeria. grin
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Laugh wan kieeee me for here 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You got the drug Baron right 👍👍👍

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bode George: Nigerians Should Give Tinubu One More Year To Fix Nigeria by lauzun: 3:50pm On Jun 07

1 Like

Re: Bode George: Nigerians Should Give Tinubu One More Year To Fix Nigeria by anonimi: 3:51pm On Jun 07
ganisucks:
https://tribuneonlineng.com/give-tinubu-one-more-year-to-fix-nigeria-bode-george-tells-nigerians/

Is Tewonde George speaking from his exile hiding hole?
Or where is he giving this useless advice from?

Was that not how ThiefNuibu said we should give Buhari time until he ruined our country beyond recognition only for ThiefNuibu to make it worse in his own emilokan turn for APC incompetence?

Anyway is ThiefNuibu not the Chicago trained olodo ide magician who built modern Lagos alone while Tewonde George was busy looting NPA?

GOATandYAMtheory:
A national leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, on Tuesday, urged Nigerians who have been accusing President Muhammadu Buhari of being too slow to allow the President at least 100 days of honeymoon.

He said change, which was at the centre of the party’s campaign ahead of the presidential election, would not be achieved with a magic wand.

Tinubu spoke with State House correspondents shortly after meeting behind closed-door with Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

“May 29 was when this President was sworn in. It is an international norm, there is an honeymoon period, at least a minimum of 100 days’ honeymoon. And you won’t allow honeymoon at all? You said change is not coming. Change is not by magic. It is driven by the people, the spirit and the character and the planning,” he said.

The former Lagos State governor said the nation had witnessed many problems in the past because policies were made in a hurry without proper planning.

He said it was better for the government to take its time to plan, than to rush into taking actions because of sentiments and emotions.

He added, “It is not fair to jump into those conclusions (that change is late in coming). There must be time to plan, to review and even listen to people.

“There is a separation between a campaign period, articulating your vision, expressing the promises to Nigerians, there is a time to look holistically at what you inherited, analyse it, distill and then take action.

“Even in a 100 metres race, there is a time to say ‘on your mark, set, ready, go.’

“So, you don’t even want a time to be on your mark, set and go? No, you are not being fair.”

The president met members of your party in the House of Representatives that ended in deadlock. What is your position in all these?

On the leadership crisis in the National Assembly, Tinubu said it was only the conclusion of the media that the peace meeting called by Buhari on Monday ended in a deadlock.

He said rather, his position was that there was a political process that needed to develop its own life and be worked upon to stabilise and continue to serve the interest of the populace.

Tinubu said by the time the National Assembly started its lawmaking in earnest, the President needed to step in once in a while as he did in order to let the people to understand the import of the expectations of the public and particularly of the international community on various programmes and institutions.

He said Buhari’s decision to step in to douse the tension was not a wrong step.

The former governor said he decided to visit the President to welcome him from what he described as successful trip to the United States of America and to ensure that the party remained on track.

http://www.punchng.com/news/tinubu-seeks-100-days-of-honeymoon-for-buhari/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Bode George: Nigerians Should Give Tinubu One More Year To Fix Nigeria by Anatolia: 3:52pm On Jun 07
Give him one more year to destroy the country. Judges and legislooters are enjoying the country but the poor are asked to wait. They will wait because they are docile . In three years time, election would come and they will collect bribe to vote the government and wait another four years.

1 Like

Re: Bode George: Nigerians Should Give Tinubu One More Year To Fix Nigeria by Sapasenator: 3:54pm On Jun 07
With all due RESPECT, Keep quiet Bode George.

Things are never getting better. It is a race to the bottom from here.
Plan for yourself people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George: Nigerians Should Give Tinubu One More Year To Fix Nigeria by anonimi: 3:55pm On Jun 07
lauzun:
https://www.nairaland.com/6940609/bode-george-nigerians-regret-tinubu

Why has the old Naval officer changed his mouth?
What has he seen that he is yet to tell us
Some billions from ThiefNuibu's bullion van stash of Lagosians' commonwealth?

Bode George, a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) says Nigerians will regret if they elect former governor of Lagos State, Bola Tinubu, as president in 2023.

Mr George, a former military governor of Osun State, stated this in an interview with Vanguard Newspapers while reacting to the declaration of interest of Mr Tinubu into the presidential race.

He said he won’t support for the former governor because he is unfit for the position, warning of regrets should Nigerians elect the national leader of the All Progressive Congress (APC) as president.

“I won’t support him (Tinubu),” the PDP chief said. “I am talking as a senior citizen in this country. I have nothing personal, this man does not have what it takes to manage this country. If he does Nigerians will regret it.

“If Nigerians are dumb enough not to see that (incompetence) and they choose that he is the one they want to put forward as president, I wish them the best of luck,” he added.

When asked if he will go on exile should the former governor be elected president, he answered in the affirmative, “because he (Tinubu) will take the country to the gutters.”

The APC chieftain while declaring for the top job earlier in the week said it was his life-long ambition to lead the country he once said he doesn’t believe in.

After his declaration, Nigerians on social media began raising controversial questions about his lineage, origin, source of wealth, age, among others.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Bode George: Nigerians Should Give Tinubu One More Year To Fix Nigeria by michoim(m): 3:55pm On Jun 07
Nonsense!!!

2 Likes

Re: Bode George: Nigerians Should Give Tinubu One More Year To Fix Nigeria by ozo13(m): 3:57pm On Jun 07
lexy2014:

I will because Bode George was the first person tinubu sent emissaries to beg so that he would stop criticising tinubu
I didn't even know he is a former military gov in one of the western state.
Re: Bode George: Nigerians Should Give Tinubu One More Year To Fix Nigeria by Sapasenator: 3:57pm On Jun 07
raskymonojendor:
Bode George has finally taken a break from trying to divide the SW using De-renaissance and Omo Eko Pataki forum. grin

Well done sir.

He is no longer tenwonde?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bode George: Nigerians Should Give Tinubu One More Year To Fix Nigeria by anonimi: 3:58pm On Jun 07
Anatolia:
Give him one more year to destroy the country. Judges and legislooters are enjoying the country but the poor are asked to wait.

Bwala said as much below, until he showed how useless he was like Reno Omockrey.

Bobloco:
A chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Daniel Bwala, has suggested that the current administration of President Bola Tinubu may end up like his predecessor.

He noted that this was exactly how Nigerians were told to be patient for eight years while the Buhari administration was busy doing very little or nothing at all.

Bwala said that Tinubu has already spent 31.8 percent of his first term in office and has only succeeded in raising the sufferings of Nigerians during this period.

“When people talk about being patient and waiting, you have to look at the time frame the public officer is expected to execute the work,” Bwala, who was the spokesperson of the PDP Presidential Campaign Council for the 2023 elections, said on Channels TV on Monday.

“The President has just been voted into a term of four years. He is eight months into the term which constitutes 31.8 percent of the total time that he has.

“He has less than 70 percent time in government, when is that going to happen? When President Buhari took over in 2015 it was the same language and we patiently followed and he finished the first term and finished the second term.

“When there is a fundamental problem with policy, time is irrelevant, 30 years it will not work. Most of the economists I’ve listened to have faulted the President’s budget with which he was supposed to deliver the agenda flat-out…

“We want to see deliverables. Nigerians are tired of English, Mathematics, Economics, Science, and Technology. We want to see practical things,” he said.

https://dailypost.ng/2023/12/26/even-if-you-give-tinubu-30-years-nothing-will-work-daniel-bwala/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bode George: Nigerians Should Give Tinubu One More Year To Fix Nigeria by lauzun: 3:59pm On Jun 07
anonimi:

Why has the old Naval officer changed his mouth?
What has he seen that he is yet to tell us
Some billions from ThiefNuibu's bullion van stash of Lagosians' commonwealth?

You dey mind Naija politicians?

1 Like

Re: Bode George: Nigerians Should Give Tinubu One More Year To Fix Nigeria by Sapasenator: 3:59pm On Jun 07
Sleekfingers:

Nobody I repeat nobody can fix Nigeria in 50 years.......

Peter Obi should come and proof me wrong .....

If they take all Nigeria to Canada, and bring all Canada citizens to Nigeria . ....I bet you Canada will become a 3rd world country in less than 5 years .......

I actually agree with you.

1 Like

Re: Bode George: Nigerians Should Give Tinubu One More Year To Fix Nigeria by Okeoghenerobert: 4:00pm On Jun 07
When are you relocating sir?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bode George: Nigerians Should Give Tinubu One More Year To Fix Nigeria by Anunakeeh: 4:00pm On Jun 07
F117nighthawk:
Oti gba riba,they do settle baba as usual,no be this country called Nigeria,The more reason no one should sacrifice himself for this country called nigeria.this is the country with the highest level of hypocrisy.traitors and backbiters.
Never trust anyone in Nigeria,very few still have integrity and scruples
Re: Bode George: Nigerians Should Give Tinubu One More Year To Fix Nigeria by Kingzmate(m): 4:01pm On Jun 07
ONE MORE WHAT lipsrsealed

IT IS A DIRTY JOB, BUT SOMEBODY HAS TO DO IT undecided

EVEN A CLOWN GOT A JOB TO DO cool

1 Like

Re: Bode George: Nigerians Should Give Tinubu One More Year To Fix Nigeria by anonimi: 4:04pm On Jun 07
hero2000:
My dear, you still don't get it.
You need more than just PVC to remove BAT and his fellows destroying Nigeria.

We used our PVC in 2023. They bought INEC and the courts.

You want to go the same route and pretend it won't land you in the same place?

If you ask me: what we need to add to PVC is protests against APC misrule just as was done to GEJ in 2012. The political elite need to know that 'We the people of Nigeria' won't take nonsense from anybody.

Political elite like gbajue Peter Obi, the lamba master?

You used your PVC to dilute PDP's chance of replacing APC last year if you voted for Obi.

Instead of cluelessly blaming the courts, you and Obi should be apologising for leading us into this shege promax continuity.

jameshankss:
Anambra State Governor, Professor Chukwuma Soludo, has said he is sure the candidate of Labour Party (LP), Mr Peter Obi, would lose the 2023 presidential election. Soludo said he would not submit to the bullying of Obi’s supporters, who recently descended on him for addressing issues in the state.

The governor made the comments in a lengthy write-up personally authored, with the title, “History Beckons, and I Will Not Be Silent (Part 1).”

Soludo said Obi was inadvertently making the pathway to victory much easier for the presidential candidate of All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, and at the same time, toying with the destiny of millions of Ndigbo.

But the chief spokesperson for the Labour Party Presidential Campaign, Yunusa Tanko, accused Soludo of being sponsored by some unknown persons to weaken the base of the party in the South-east.

The former CBN governor had been under intense attack for close to a week for dismissing Obi’s investment in the state as amounting to nothing, during a television interview.

Soludo said in the write-up, “My attention has been drawn to some of the tirades on social media following my frank response during an interview on Channels TV regarding the ‘investments’ Mr. Peter Obi claimed to have made with Anambra State revenues.

“Sadly, several of the comments left the issue of the interview to probe or suggest motives, inferred from my response on ‘investment’ that I am opposed to Peter Obi’s ambition and, therefore, committed a ‘crime’ for which the punishment is internecine abuse and harassment, even to my family.

“Everyone knows that I don’t follow the winds or one to succumb to bullies, or shy away from a good fight especially, when weighty matters of principles and future of the people are involved.”

Soludo said he had urged Obi to return to his former party, the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), to actualise his presidential bid. He added that he had always told the LP candidate to his face that he was not capable of winning the 2023 presidential election, especially, under LP, which had neither a councillor nor a local government chairman.

Soludo said Obi was not just his friend, but also his brother, but despite that, they have their political differences.

He stated, “For full disclosure, let me state that Peter Obi and I are not just friends, we call ourselves ‘brothers’. But we have political differences: he left APGA for PDP after his tenure as governor, while I have remained in APGA since 2013.

“During the last two governorship elections in Anambra in 2017 and 2021, he led the PDP campaigns but APGA won landslide in both elections. By the way, in 2016, he visited and proposed that I defect to PDP and contest the 2017 election against the incumbent Willie Obiano, but I declined.

“After my victory in November 2021, he called to congratulate me, as I did to him in 2010. That is the Anambra way: we fight fiercely during campaigns but share drinks at the next social events. After all, it was the Great Zik of Africa, who taught us that in politics, there are no permanent friends or permanent enemies but only permanent interests.”

Arguing that Obi’s presidential bid would only work in favour of Tinubu, Soludo said, “Indeed, if I were Asiwaju Tinubu, I would even give Peter Obi money as someone heading one of the departments of his campaign, because Obi is making Tinubu’s pathway to victory much easier by indirectly pulling down PDP.”

Obi, according to Soludo, would only deplete the votes of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and pave the path for an APC victory.

He stated, “The current fleeting frenzy, if not checked, will cost Ndigbo dearly for years. The South-east has the lowest number of votes of any region, but it is also the only region where the presidential race might be a four-way race (it is a two-way race in the other five regions) thereby, ensuring that our votes won’t count in the making of the next president of Nigeria.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/11/15/soludo-i-wont-succumb-to-bullies-obi-knows-he-cant-win/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Bode George: Nigerians Should Give Tinubu One More Year To Fix Nigeria by themanderon: 4:05pm On Jun 07
Who would have thought we would see this day when Bode George a mortal enemy to Tinubu would one day become his defender. The same man that promised to run away if he wins the presidency. Truly politics has no permanent enemy. I only pity the dumb clowns who take sides with these criminals.

2 Likes

Re: Bode George: Nigerians Should Give Tinubu One More Year To Fix Nigeria by VULCAN(m): 4:06pm On Jun 07
Btw your PVC and INEC..

...Who is stronger

Ance4Liverpool:
He should enjoy his remaining 3 years as a president,but by 2027 we will use our pvc against him
Re: Bode George: Nigerians Should Give Tinubu One More Year To Fix Nigeria by allthingsgood: 4:06pm On Jun 07
slivertongue:
Tinubu will do worse and you will still ask for another year. He is a disaster never seen before

Same thing u said about Buhari. All yall do is complain complain grin
Re: Bode George: Nigerians Should Give Tinubu One More Year To Fix Nigeria by haybee2018(m): 4:08pm On Jun 07
Ance4Liverpool:
He should enjoy his remaining 3 years as a president,but by 2027 we will use our pvc against him

naso una dey talk every election period grin
Re: Bode George: Nigerians Should Give Tinubu One More Year To Fix Nigeria by hero2000: 4:12pm On Jun 07
anonimi:

Political elite like gbajue Peter Obi, the lamba master?

You used your PVC to dilute PDP's chance of replacing APC last year if you voted for Obi.

Instead of cluelessly blaming the courts, you and Obi should be apologising for leading us into this shege promax continuity.

You somehow believe I support Obi.

Obidients are not difficult to spot. Their sense of duty to common good is always evident. They are the ones looking forward to a country that is built on justice, honest work, competence, productivity of the Nigerian people.
Re: Bode George: Nigerians Should Give Tinubu One More Year To Fix Nigeria by DaveHarry(m): 4:14pm On Jun 07
NeckingNgulping:
We can't give the drug lord one more year to finish us.
talkin as if there is anytin u or any other nigerian can do to stop d 8yrs
Re: Bode George: Nigerians Should Give Tinubu One More Year To Fix Nigeria by YorubaAssasin: 4:14pm On Jun 07
Who is this useless their throwing jabs at a fellow robber?
Re: Bode George: Nigerians Should Give Tinubu One More Year To Fix Nigeria by kay29000(m): 4:15pm On Jun 07
What? I can't believe Tnubu's arch-nemesis actually said this.
Re: Bode George: Nigerians Should Give Tinubu One More Year To Fix Nigeria by kay29000(m): 4:17pm On Jun 07
ozo13:
Politics.who would have believe Bode George will be asking the citizens to give Tinubu one more year.

I swear. I was shocked hearing that from tinubu's number one enemy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Picture Of President GEJ With Students Of The New Almajiri School In Sokoto / Say What? "Humans Turn Into Beasts And Eat Our Livestock" - Plateau Tourism Boss / Presidency Silent Over Obasanjo's Letter After Tinubu, Akande & Buhari's Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.