Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,930 members, 7,872,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:18 AM

How Do You Navigate Nigeria As Irreligious Parents ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Navigate Nigeria As Irreligious Parents ? (368 Views)

What Are The “realistic “ Benefits Of Being A Christian Instead Of Irreligious? / Atheist/irreligious Men Tell The Truth.... / Why Are Most White Folks Irreligious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Navigate Nigeria As Irreligious Parents ? by LordReed(m): 10:35am On Jun 11
Image123:

Know that HOPE and BELIEVE are synonyms, be grateful for the lesson. You don't even need to believe it, i showed you evidence more than once.
You said "Oh it's now you know it's ad hominem attack". If that doesn't show agreement, you need grammar lessons.

LoLz. It's not for nothing I called you a smug arsehole. I mean just look at how adamant you are being that you are right about what I WROTE, not what you wrote, what I wrote. And pointing out the meaning doesn't even make you reconsider, instead you double down. This is the definition of smug arsehole, ignoring what I said for what you believe as if you know my mind better than me. I wrote hope not believe because I have a specific meaning I am conveying but no you know my mind better, you smug arsehole.

Look at the person talking about idiomatic expression but is unwilling to acknowledge a simple popular Nigerian idiomatic expression. Na today you know is not an expression of agreement. It is a sarcastic remark but sure it's only you who knows when something is idiomatic or not.

Obviously, i used it idiomatically. Your writing was poor and hurried. Do you now believe in divine healings, this one you keep repeating blindness AGAIN. The Bible contains history, i did not call it a history book, that's part of the cunning. For example, it contains the hitory of the ministry of Jesus and the start of christianity, or that is also a myth to you? cry cry

LoLz. Just some more smug nonsense. How was my writing poor and hurried? Because I overlooked a single letter?

The Bible is full of myth doesn't mean it doesn't contain some things that are factual. Myths can mention people and places that were/are real without the myth itself being real. All of the Jesus purported miracles or supernatural occurances are all mythical even if a preacher called Jesus existed.

You accept the bigger fool part, good (i know you're a snake and you will still say that you don't accept it. You'd even deny your name if it comes to it because you are a liar and hypocrite). i call you a child of the devil because you are an established liar and the Bible says he is your father.
Joh 8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 

The bigger fool here is you. A foolish and delusional hypocrite, claiming you are not insulting but turning around to insult.

LMAO! Look at how you make a fool of yourself and a liar. You should have just said there isn't a place that says so instead of quoting something that has no mention of atheist whatsoever.

Your cunningness is not referring to cleverness but trickery/deceit just like the Bible refers to the devil. You sure must not forget so soon.
Lols, self righteous has nothing to do with righteous but the dictionary definition says otherwise, lolz. Do you love righteousness? Your calling me names is subjective and due to your personal beliefs, on the other hand your actions clearly show your hypocrisy and deception.

Dumdum didn't even read the definition he put out. It doesn't say you are righteous it says you just think you are. And that is because you are a conceited smug arsehole.

The spiritual controls the physical, don't get it twisted. i shut you up and you are even somehow proving it saying that i asked you to shut up(though i don't even remember physically saying that, lolz). How self deceived are you?

See full on delusion. Dumdum did you stop me from commenting on any topic on here? No. Did you stop me from even commenting to others about your nonsense posts? No. So how was I shut up? I didn't respond to your stupidity? So what about now, your power faded or what? Stupido.

BTW, we pray without ceasing, so it's going to be till i die if Jesus tarries. Unfortunately, i did not mention praying for you(talk about synonyms, bwahahahahahaha. i mentioned believing with you for your children. Lolz, he thought 6 years was a long time, then i showed him hundreds of years and he wants to cry.

LoLz. Who is crying if not you, following me just so you can be commenting on my posts. Bwahahahahahaha!

You are just delusional did I say 6 years was a long time?

You are just so stupid it's just a waste of time responding to you because you are not worth the effort. I said before and it hasn't changed.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Navigate Nigeria As Irreligious Parents ? by Image123(m): 11:29am On Jun 11
LordReed:

LoLz. It's not for nothing I called you a smug arsehole. I mean just look at how adamant you are being that you are right about what I WROTE, not what you wrote, what I wrote. And pointing out the meaning doesn't even make you reconsider, instead you double down. This is the definition of smug arsehole, ignoring what I said for what you believe as if you know my mind better than me. I wrote hope not believe because I have a specific meaning I am conveying but no you know my mind better, you smug arsehole.

Look at the person talking about idiomatic expression but is unwilling to acknowledge a simple popular Nigerian idiomatic expression. Na today you know is not an expression of agreement. It is a sarcastic remark but sure it's only you who knows when something is idiomatic or not.

LoLz. Just some more smug nonsense. How was my writing poor and hurried? Because I overlooked a single letter?

The Bible is full of myth doesn't mean it doesn't contain some things that are factual. Myths can mention people and places that were/are real without the myth itself being real. All of the Jesus purported miracles or supernatural occurances are all mythical even if a preacher called Jesus existed.

The bigger fool here is you. A foolish and delusional hypocrite, claiming you are not insulting but turning around to insult.

LMAO! Look at how you make a fool of yourself and a liar. You should have just said there isn't a place that says so instead of quoting something that has no mention of atheist whatsoever.

Dumdum didn't even read the definition he put out. It doesn't say you are righteous it says you just think you are. And that is because you are a conceited smug arsehole.

See full on delusion. Dumdum did you stop me from commenting on any topic on here? No. Did you stop me from even commenting to others about your nonsense posts? No. So how was I shut up? I didn't respond to your stupidity? So what about now, your power faded or what? Stupido.

LoLz. Who is crying if not you, following me just so you can be commenting on my posts. Bwahahahahahaha!

You are just delusional did I say 6 years was a long time?

You are just so stupid it's just a waste of time responding to you because you are not worth the effort. I said before and it hasn't changed.

My hypocrite friend who is believing with me for his children. You missed me again? You're not worthy of a back and forth. i don't need your hypo comedy today, see you in your next foolish post that i want to answer.
Re: How Do You Navigate Nigeria As Irreligious Parents ? by LordReed(m): 11:42am On Jun 11
Image123:

My hypocrite friend who is believing with me for his children. You missed me again? You're not worthy of a back and forth. i don't need your hypo comedy today, see you in your next foolish post that i want to answer.

Bwahahahahahaha! I am not worthy of a back and forth yet you want to keep chasing me all over Nairaland. Abeg go and sleep jor, you no well before. LMFAO!
Re: How Do You Navigate Nigeria As Irreligious Parents ? by jaephoenix(m): 4:03pm On Jun 11
achorladey:

The earth and the things in it does not revolve around religious people alone and is not revolving because of religious people.

Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them

Ji,ma sun le. Time and space dey under this earth for everyone to carry out activities including irreligious and religious ones. That's the reality you have to know and accept.
This post doesn't make sense, both intrinsically and extrinsically. Also its just plain gibberish
Re: How Do You Navigate Nigeria As Irreligious Parents ? by jaephoenix(m): 4:07pm On Jun 11
Image123:

Your hope is actually a belief, don't deceive you.
Belief in what?
Re: How Do You Navigate Nigeria As Irreligious Parents ? by jaephoenix(m): 4:11pm On Jun 11
Image123:

The usual hypocrite accuses me of abuse and insult when i simply stated the facts. Where is the abuse and insult, where you've been throwing insults with reckless abandon? Is that the other reason why you deny God, so that you can abuse and insult with glee?
Is hope not a synonym of believe?
Are you not a liar and hypocrite?
Are you not a self acclaimed atheist whose family are praying for his quick salvation from destruction?
Is the devil not your dad?
Has he not devoured you?
Are these insults or facts?
Hope and believe are not synonyms
You can hope something doesn't happen. Can you believe something doesn't happen?
Re: How Do You Navigate Nigeria As Irreligious Parents ? by achorladey: 4:12pm On Jun 11
jaephoenix:

This post doesn't make sense, both intrinsically and extrinsically. Also its just plain gibberish

To you not to me.
Re: How Do You Navigate Nigeria As Irreligious Parents ? by jaephoenix(m): 4:13pm On Jun 11
achorladey:

To you not to me.
So explain it in clear terms then
Re: How Do You Navigate Nigeria As Irreligious Parents ? by achorladey: 4:24pm On Jun 11
jaephoenix:

So explain it in clear terms then

You shouldn't have said it was plain gibberish in the first place. That is a terrible mistake from you. You can choose to accept or ignore.

You have to pick it back up from where you keep gibberish and tell me why you say it is plain gibberish in the first instance.

Since I need to explain in clear terms then it was difficult, muddy or rough for you to understand and you call it gibberish grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Navigate Nigeria As Irreligious Parents ? by Image123(m): 9:23pm On Jun 11
jaephoenix:

Hope and believe are not synonyms
You can hope something doesn't happen. Can you believe something doesn't happen?

You believe that miracles don't happen, don't you?

Re: How Do You Navigate Nigeria As Irreligious Parents ? by Image123(m): 9:24pm On Jun 11
jaephoenix:

Belief in what?

We're both believing that his children are going to serve God. Ask him, stop asking me. cry cry
Re: How Do You Navigate Nigeria As Irreligious Parents ? by TruthofGod: 9:38pm On Jun 11
hopefulLandlord:
I think Lordreed has done a good job on the thread with his first post.

Let me also add that you should try to check things up from questions they ask. Don't be ashamed to tell them you don't know something and say both of you should use computer to check it out, that closes the gap religion usually uses to influence people. For instance if he wonders how water gets into coconut just say you don't know and say you'd check it out and you're ready to learn this with him. The average religious person in Nigeria believes that Jewish or Arab god is definitely responsible for putting the water.
Check out the below video of late Carl Sagan. It explains this position https://m.youtube.com/shorts/ARhg5_G_yKc

The average religious person doesn't believe anything like that.

Jewish or Arab god? God doesn't have an ethnicity.

You should start listening to others outside of your echochamber. You are sadly being influenced by anti religious propaganda.

William Lane Craig for example has already dismantled many atheist arguments from the likes of Carl Sagan, Christopher Hitchens, Dawkins etc...

Watch the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8jdbWudlBM

Remember, that's what the average atheist believes, that matter, energy and everything else the universe is composed of could just magically come from nothing....a nothing they cannot even define. And they rely on blind faith that nothing can do something despite having no evidence of that.
Re: How Do You Navigate Nigeria As Irreligious Parents ? by TruthofGod: 9:44pm On Jun 11
LordReed:

Best you can do for your kids is to give them the tools for how to navigate life. Don't worry so much about the religious activities around them, if you teach them how to think they'll hopefully figure it out for themselves. I teach my children how to recognise when they're being scammed as part of a lesson in critical thinking skills. I see the effect it has and I have hope that when they are more mature they'll see religion for what it is themselves.

Martinez39s:
Not a serious problem. They can be irreligious, realistic, and be unperturbed by what religious people have to say or think. How hard is that?

To be an atheist, you have to abandon critical thinking skills and common sense. This is because the conclusion of atheism is absurd. Atheism is worse than magic really. If you believe things can come from nothing, that's even worse than someone who believes in magic because at least the magic believer believes that magic comes from somewhere. The atheist believes it happens from nothing...when nothing does nothing. 🤣🤣
Re: How Do You Navigate Nigeria As Irreligious Parents ? by hopefulLandlord: 9:45pm On Jun 11
TruthofGod:

The average religious person doesn't believe anything like that.

Jewish or Arab god? God doesn't have an ethnicity.

You should start listening to others outside of your echochamber. You are sadly being influenced by anti religious propaganda.

William Lane Craig for example has already dismantled many atheist arguments from the likes of Carl Sagan, Christopher Hitchens, Dawkins etc...

Watch the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8jdbWudlBM

Remember, that's what the average atheist believes, that matter, energy and everything else the universe is composed of could just magically come from nothing....a nothing they cannot even define. And they rely on blind faith that nothing can do something despite having no evidence of that.

Lane Craig who's arguments about cosmology was destroyed when he debated an actual Cosmologist?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y-IbL-yLkk

You're talking bull about echo chamber lol

Ask 10 radom Nigerians educated or not how water got into coconut and listen to their replies.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Navigate Nigeria As Irreligious Parents ? by LordReed(m): 9:59pm On Jun 11
TruthofGod:

To be an atheist, you have to abandon critical thinking skills and common sense. This is because the conclusion of atheism is absurd. Atheism is worse than magic really. If you believe things can come from nothing, that's even worse than someone who believes in magic because at least the magic believer believes that magic comes from somewhere. The atheist believes it happens from nothing...when nothing does nothing. 🤣🤣

Ahh the classic strawman nonsense from a theist. Quote where you saw me write that everything comes from nothing.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Navigate Nigeria As Irreligious Parents ? by LordReed(m): 10:00pm On Jun 11
hopefulLandlord:

Lane Craig who's arguments about cosmology was destroyed when he debated an actual Cosmologist?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y-IbL-yLkk

You're talking bull about echo chamber lol

Ask 10 radom Nigerians educated or not how water got into coconut and listen to their replies.

He or she just probably discovered WLC. I wonder how he will feel once he discovers that WLC accepts both Big Bang and Evolution. LoLz.
Re: How Do You Navigate Nigeria As Irreligious Parents ? by KnownUnknown: 10:20pm On Jun 11
hopefulLandlord:

Lane Craig

The clown fills me with revulsion. His disgusting looking face and the stupid smug shit that comes out of his mouth….aarghh! lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is There A Difference? / Light Tower Neighborhood Prayer Fellowship / We Have Embarrased Him Enough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.