Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,232 members, 7,964,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 06:07 AM

Brickhall School: Autopsy Report Confirms Miguel Ovoke Died From Choking On Meat - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Brickhall School: Autopsy Report Confirms Miguel Ovoke Died From Choking On Meat (29451 Views)

Doctor Who Witnessed Sylvester Oromoni's Autopsy Speaks (Video) / Sylvester Oromoni: Autopsy Report Exonerates House Master, Others From Murder / Autopsy Result Of Sylvester Oromoni Junior Has Been Released (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brickhall School: Autopsy Report Confirms Miguel Ovoke Died From Choking On Meat by CuteTj(m): 7:25pm On Jun 07
Thundafireseun:
This story no clear…

If any body (an adult or a child) is chocking the 1st thing that should be administered is water … clean water

Is this the 1st time the four years old boy is eating meat

Meat has never killed anyone in a civilized country
Choking on food kills.

1 Like

Re: Brickhall School: Autopsy Report Confirms Miguel Ovoke Died From Choking On Meat by GloriousGbola: 7:26pm On Jun 07
airsaylongcome:

Sad! And the way they are trying to spin the story is even worse….”choked on meat from his home cooked food”.

Duty of care at the time the child choke was squarely on the school. They should be held responsible

Its a disgrace.

One would expect a higher standard from schools that choke by the neck with fees. But not even their nurse knew what to do.

They are in lagos, so no matter what grammer they blow, the hammer is going to fall on them. The principal better prepare to be remanded in prison. The principal from chrisland was remanded in jail pending the outcome of the investigation into the death there.

4 Likes

Re: Brickhall School: Autopsy Report Confirms Miguel Ovoke Died From Choking On Meat by Segzy19: 7:29pm On Jun 07
Stop displaying ignorance here please.
You are not a medic or paramedic. So don't say what you don't know...
Water isn't a remedy to choking.
Abdominal thrusts and back slaps is the first aid for choking....

Thundafireseun:
This story no clear…

If any body (an adult or a child) is chocking the 1st thing that should be administered is water … clean water

6 Likes

Re: Brickhall School: Autopsy Report Confirms Miguel Ovoke Died From Choking On Meat by VaginaAcademic: 7:30pm On Jun 07
Thundafireseun:
This story no clear…

have you seen the photo of the lungs of a kid who choked on a piece of groundnut.

4 Likes

Re: Brickhall School: Autopsy Report Confirms Miguel Ovoke Died From Choking On Meat by TreasureJunky: 7:30pm On Jun 07
Choking on meat kwa? Wahala,, Una no go kill us for this country
Re: Brickhall School: Autopsy Report Confirms Miguel Ovoke Died From Choking On Meat by VaginaAcademic: 7:31pm On Jun 07
GloriousGbola:

A. Million naira 'British' school and no one there knows the heimlich maneuver.
go teach them their job na every time e dey work. Na everybody wey dem give oxygen dey survive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brickhall School: Autopsy Report Confirms Miguel Ovoke Died From Choking On Meat by aywagze(m): 7:31pm On Jun 07
Lesson learnt ..always supervise mealtimes for children ..🤔

1 Like

Re: Brickhall School: Autopsy Report Confirms Miguel Ovoke Died From Choking On Meat by We4all: 7:31pm On Jun 07
Lovit:
children should be given healthy meals with proteins but not 'ASSORTED MEATS'

Some people's attempt to show off their wealth through their ward's lunch servings have killed a young lad

What does a child of 4 need assorted meats for?

Exactly my thoughts. Nigerian parents that are comfortable love to show off a lot. Imagine a 4 year old kid eating assorted meat.

2 Likes

Re: Brickhall School: Autopsy Report Confirms Miguel Ovoke Died From Choking On Meat by DataDoc: 7:32pm On Jun 07
WiszyFraud:
Did you know??

HOUSEFLIES are the best Public Health Officers.

When you go to buy meat and you don’t see any houseflies near the meat,

- The meat is bad.

Does this happen abroad too, or is it only in Nigeria that we use houseflies to check meat quality? shocked

👍
Re: Brickhall School: Autopsy Report Confirms Miguel Ovoke Died From Choking On Meat by DataDoc: 7:32pm On Jun 07
WiszyFraud:
Did you know??

- The meat is bad.

👍

Does this happen abroad too, or is it only in Nigeria that we use houseflies to check meat quality? shocked

3 Likes

Re: Brickhall School: Autopsy Report Confirms Miguel Ovoke Died From Choking On Meat by dm2019(m): 7:33pm On Jun 07
@airsaylongcome:
"Heimlich maneuver, not water."

The use of eba, is one common types of helmlich maneuver.

Whenever you're choking and you have garri at home... Just rush boil water make eba..swallow the eba and the choke leaves your throat. 100% No Cap!!!!
Re: Brickhall School: Autopsy Report Confirms Miguel Ovoke Died From Choking On Meat by Kingrshd3: 7:35pm On Jun 07
Thundafireseun:
This story no clear…

My brother I tire oooo
Re: Brickhall School: Autopsy Report Confirms Miguel Ovoke Died From Choking On Meat by kingthreat(m): 7:36pm On Jun 07
Felaincarnated:
In other words, Too much enjoyment killam

He was not enjoying. The poor kid was just eating. May his soul RIP.

2 Likes

Re: Brickhall School: Autopsy Report Confirms Miguel Ovoke Died From Choking On Meat by Eaglesence: 7:37pm On Jun 07
Thundafireseun:
This story no clear…

Bruv, no go kii person picking o, the first thing you administer is back blows or abdominal trust... that is if the person can't make any sound or cough... go learn first aid and cpr biko... a family member might need help one day

1 Like

Re: Brickhall School: Autopsy Report Confirms Miguel Ovoke Died From Choking On Meat by Ayo8(m): 7:38pm On Jun 07
Thundafireseun:
This story no clear…

Choking has levels ooo…
This is why class teachers should be first aiders

2 Likes

Re: Brickhall School: Autopsy Report Confirms Miguel Ovoke Died From Choking On Meat by DaveHarry(m): 7:39pm On Jun 07
WiszyFraud:
Did you know??

- The meat is bad.

belief base on what's always seen
Re: Brickhall School: Autopsy Report Confirms Miguel Ovoke Died From Choking On Meat by Kingrshd3: 7:40pm On Jun 07
Z115:
meat nearly kill me when I was in 200l. The meat choked my throat and I found of difficult to breath, it's God that saved me that time.. I nearly died

Can u explain how u are feeling then ??

And how do u noticed u have been choked by d meat u ate

2 Likes

Re: Brickhall School: Autopsy Report Confirms Miguel Ovoke Died From Choking On Meat by Greattha: 7:40pm On Jun 07
I taya o.

Water

It's to dislodge the blockade first na.

Obviously, none of the teaching staff knew how to execute the heimlich maneuver.

airsaylongcome:

Heimlich maneuver, not water.

4 Likes

Re: Brickhall School: Autopsy Report Confirms Miguel Ovoke Died From Choking On Meat by thinkmoney(m): 7:42pm On Jun 07
Thundafireseun:
This story no clear…

U know nothing
Water will Exacerbate it.
When the emergency pressure on the belly doesn’t work his trachea should have been punctured. If I was there he won’t die.
I am not a medical person I am only a knowledgeable person. Knowledge through reading keeps alive

5 Likes

Re: Brickhall School: Autopsy Report Confirms Miguel Ovoke Died From Choking On Meat by frog12: 7:45pm On Jun 07
what is a 4 year old doing in school. was he in nursery. na dem dey skip 2 classes after

1 Like

Re: Brickhall School: Autopsy Report Confirms Miguel Ovoke Died From Choking On Meat by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 7:46pm On Jun 07
This is a bloody lie. If emergency procedures were actually done immediately, that boy WILL be alive. Tell your story to the dogs besides, when have Nigerian schools ever held up to their negligence apart from that unrecognized Anambra (?) school where a teacher flogged her pupil to death ? These rich schools lie carelessly without remorse

4 Likes

Re: Brickhall School: Autopsy Report Confirms Miguel Ovoke Died From Choking On Meat by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 7:47pm On Jun 07
Greattha:
I taya o.

Water

It's to dislodge the blocked first na.

Obviously, non of the teaching staff knew how to execute the heimlich maneuver.

thank you
Re: Brickhall School: Autopsy Report Confirms Miguel Ovoke Died From Choking On Meat by mafluxfire: 7:49pm On Jun 07
Thundafireseun:
This story no clear…

. This one dey look for who to drag. The parent don even accept it as an act of God. Continue to dey chase clout

2 Likes

Re: Brickhall School: Autopsy Report Confirms Miguel Ovoke Died From Choking On Meat by matify83: 7:51pm On Jun 07
GloriousGbola:

A. Million naira 'British' school and no one there knows the heimlich maneuver.

A.K.A "Bear-hug" manoeuvre.

With failure of the above to dislodge the meat ball, they should have done a quick "Cricothyrotomy" and saved the innocent child. It takes just 4 minutes of asphyxiation to become comatose.

The medical team's inexperience actually failed the poor child.
Re: Brickhall School: Autopsy Report Confirms Miguel Ovoke Died From Choking On Meat by 43Ronin: 7:54pm On Jun 07
Thundafireseun:
This story no clear…

Water? grin na people like una full that school wey the boy die. If person choke on food, hold his stomach firmly from behind and squeeze untill he coughs it up. At that choking stage nothing can pass through the throat

2 Likes

Re: Brickhall School: Autopsy Report Confirms Miguel Ovoke Died From Choking On Meat by Calitoscassius(m): 7:55pm On Jun 07
Thundafireseun:
This story no clear…

Don't be ignorant i am 36 years old and i nearly chocked on my food one day, it was herrendous, my brain started shutting down in seconds as air stopped flowing from my lungs to my brain

Even you could chock anyone can chock on meat or food.

I was born and bred here in England and so many people have chocked on strawberries, apple, grapes, sweet and even chewing gum, so people can chock on there food in civilised country.

Now, if people are chocking they don't need water especially children, what they need is bend the over give them a bang on their back with your bare hand and the food will fly outta their mouth. Go look it up on google.

I also have a First Aid certificate, i ve done resucitations countless times, i know what i am talking about.

Meat do not kill people, chocking does! grin don't be ignorant.

8 Likes

Re: Brickhall School: Autopsy Report Confirms Miguel Ovoke Died From Choking On Meat by statesman6: 7:56pm On Jun 07
Thundafireseun:
This story no clear…

Lmao grin
Nairaland professor
Re: Brickhall School: Autopsy Report Confirms Miguel Ovoke Died From Choking On Meat by Beremx(f): 7:56pm On Jun 07
femtex007:

I just learnt a great lesson today
Similar thing happened to my son some weeks ago. But luckily for him, he was able to vomit it
hmmm it is well. Please tell your wife to cut the meat into small pieces. It is very important

1 Like

Re: Brickhall School: Autopsy Report Confirms Miguel Ovoke Died From Choking On Meat by Enemyofpeace: 7:57pm On Jun 07
Ok. Waiting for that of Mohbad
Re: Brickhall School: Autopsy Report Confirms Miguel Ovoke Died From Choking On Meat by Calitoscassius(m): 7:57pm On Jun 07
statesman6:

Lmao grin
Nairaland professor
Don't mind the ignoramus grin

He thinks he could not chock on his food, anyone can chock on their food adults included.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Augustine Ariwodo Ibegbulam Is Dead / The Power Of Punctuation / Ogege Elozino, Missing DELSU Student (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.