Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,708 members, 7,930,439 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 06:06 PM

Minimum Wage 'wahala' Would You Blame This Farmer? (pix) - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Minimum Wage 'wahala' Would You Blame This Farmer? (pix) (51100 Views)

My Snail Farm with minimum Cost and Labour. See Pictures / Farmer Achieves 8 Metric Tonnes/80bags Of Maize Per Hectare / My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minimum Wage 'wahala' Would You Blame This Farmer? (pix) by Kobojunkie: 5:14pm On Jun 08
SonofLagos:
go and price a bag of poultry feed, couple with the wahala of managing the birds. You think poultry farming is for kids?
MW has not been increased though, so who is to blame for the outrageous prices of goods? Na MW cause am? undecided
Re: Minimum Wage 'wahala' Would You Blame This Farmer? (pix) by Blackdisciple(m): 5:15pm On Jun 08
He should be arrested and imprisoned for extortion
Re: Minimum Wage 'wahala' Would You Blame This Farmer? (pix) by dfrost: 5:17pm On Jun 08
ttobizz:

Says a wise man. For me, I located the FCT Water Board close to my office in maitama, I get my water free from source, fill up my dispenser bottles at home and off we go. Remember, at no cost.

Who lose?

Na dem lose, my brother. Bloody greedy sycophants we share country with.
Re: Minimum Wage 'wahala' Would You Blame This Farmer? (pix) by Horlah04(m): 5:33pm On Jun 08
I'm not in any way fighting on behalf of any politician. I've never and will never do. Private companies increasing minimum wage will affect the price of goods. We all know this and that's why I wrote ONLY IF THERE'S GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION on caps. Abeg ooh I no deh do political fight. I was only stating...

Kobojunkie:
Rubbish assertions! Inflation steadily rose in the same Nigeria over the period between 2019 and 2023 even with the minimum wage remaining stable over that entire period. Inflation has since ballooned from late 2023 to the second quarter of 2024. Na Minimum wage cause am? Make una stop to dey fight on behalf of politicians and begin to dey use una heads abeg! undecided
Re: Minimum Wage 'wahala' Would You Blame This Farmer? (pix) by Kobojunkie: 5:35pm On Jun 08
Horlah04:
I'm not in any way fighting on behalf of any politician. I've never and will never do. Private companies increasing minimum wage will affect the price of goods. We all know this and that's why I wrote ONLY IF THERE'S GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION on caps. Abeg ooh I no deh do political fight. I was only stating...
How many private companies in Nigeria to this day pay the Minimum wage of Naira 30,000 even four years on? Can you please stop fighting on behalf of your politicians while pretending to care about what concerns the people? undecided
Re: Minimum Wage 'wahala' Would You Blame This Farmer? (pix) by achimendy(m): 5:40pm On Jun 08
Floky215:

The farmer forgot that he is not in a monopolistic business...!! grin

Very dumb..!! The workers can as Well start farming their own eggs..!!!

Exactly.
Re: Minimum Wage 'wahala' Would You Blame This Farmer? (pix) by extremelygolden: 6:01pm On Jun 08
Seefinish:
Is it by force to eat eggs?
Here in the north, some northerners are using awara in place of meat and fish. I have eaten it and I can testify it makes sense.

Please what is Awara? I'm just hearing about it for the first time.

Chatting from South West.
Re: Minimum Wage 'wahala' Would You Blame This Farmer? (pix) by Inosky: 6:31pm On Jun 08
rockmite:

Simple Google search will help u. Beef is a little more proteinous but comes with its danger.

Thank God you retracted by saying beef is more proteinous. That's all I wanted to hear.
Re: Minimum Wage 'wahala' Would You Blame This Farmer? (pix) by Ikpunekenwa(m): 6:53pm On Jun 08
SonofLagos:
shamelesss fool re the indigenes of Lagos ibosπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ proudly Lagos, I don’t know why that is causing so much pain nwanneπŸ˜‚ or na your papa Dey sell land for ragos?

You don use laugh wound me as you take rush me here, kilodeπŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
Re: Minimum Wage 'wahala' Would You Blame This Farmer? (pix) by bixton(m): 7:19pm On Jun 08
[quote author=SonofLagos post=130370066]go and price a bag of poultry feed, couple with the wahala of managing the birds. You think poultry farming is for kids?[/quote

A kilo of live birds is 4k .
Re: Minimum Wage 'wahala' Would You Blame This Farmer? (pix) by osazsky(m): 7:25pm On Jun 08
Fg moniker
Re: Minimum Wage 'wahala' Would You Blame This Farmer? (pix) by okoroemeka(m): 7:35pm On Jun 08
Melagros:
COMRADES, this is one of the news stories trending on social media spaces

Do you think that this man is patriotic or unpatriotic? Some respondents
Like his stand, some are angry/show disapproval, some are surprised/ speechless, while to some, is funny
this is a very dumb statement from whom I know may not even be a farmer,prices of farm output are determined and set by market forces like the cost of feed,dayold,drugs,linputs,labour ,demand and supply,you cannot wake up one morning and say your crate of egg is #10k,while the market is buying #5k,you and your family will eat the eggs finish

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage 'wahala' Would You Blame This Farmer? (pix) by dfrost: 7:41pm On Jun 08
Love800:
How do you do the filtering system?

Look at the below link. It looks like the below. You can source yours from the market(online/offline). Please note that I'm not marketing the product below.

You only have to change the cotton inside periodically.

https:///product/in-line-single-water-filter-with-ppf-cotton-water-purifier-5679551?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwgpCzBhBhEiwAOSQWQTxh5EwMJZHd0zpfVx8bBKBx9q54ER37aloY4Iby-0dAxo9L-7rzRhoC4s0QAvD_BwE
Re: Minimum Wage 'wahala' Would You Blame This Farmer? (pix) by MrIcredible: 7:42pm On Jun 08
Melagros:
COMRADES, this is one of the news stories trending on social media spaces

Do you think that this man is patriotic or unpatriotic? Some respondents
Like his stand, some are angry/show disapproval, some are surprised/ speechless, while to some, is funny
Most of you are just senselessly GREEDY. You always just like to exploit every situation to cheat people.
Minimum wage will be 65-70k and if you farmers don't stop your stupidity and greediness, WE'LL PUSH FOR THE BORDERS TO OPEN AND GOVERNMENT TO REMOVE TAX ON IMPORTED FOODS.
BY THE TIME NOBODY BUYS YOUR NONSENSE, UNA BRAIN WILL RESET AND START FUNCTIONING WELL.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage 'wahala' Would You Blame This Farmer? (pix) by dfrost: 7:43pm On Jun 08
Bobbyjay001:

You don't even need layers, ordinary boiler will give you enough eggs even without giving them these concentrated and processed feeds.

Gbam! Dem wan see craze, better craze.πŸ€“πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage 'wahala' Would You Blame This Farmer? (pix) by faceland: 7:45pm On Jun 08
Funflipper:

Why is there no gas station selling gas for N100/litre?

Because government monopolize the petroleum industry for dangote with massive subsidy/support (and exchange rate). If they allow those people cooking/refining oil illegally to get license, and allow common man to import, it would sell for Goodluck Jonathan price of 65 naira per liter.

Why does he think he need the minimum wage as excuse to sell his egg for 10,000 naira, what is stopping in from selling it for 10,000 naira? Maybe because people were just say this man is crazy and go to the next guy that is selling it for far less.
Re: Minimum Wage 'wahala' Would You Blame This Farmer? (pix) by Kokodeni(m): 7:58pm On Jun 08
Are the Nigerian youths and the populace willing and spirited enough to go back to AGRIC-CULTURE then bring up-to-date science and tech to it.
This is the time when civil servants can control the market and give cushion effect to the economy.
Isn't it coincidental that Agriculture is permitted as side business for civil services, if you can't go to farm invest in it, do contributive investments (don't entrust final decision making into anyone's care, let all decisions and procedure be public). Buy and leave agricultural equipments and techs including security hardwares and logistic cooperations,
Wait βœ‹βœ‹... let's talk about security and agriculture because I know public opinion will point at the current security situation as reasons for staying away from it ( igi gogoro ma gun mi loju).
Please don't tell me that all the military engineering corps and coops cannot design and produce portable, economical or average and heavy duty ranges of machines machines and farm implements for Nigeria right now, you ask me how okay here is how... an average military enngineer can train many other civilians in military grade engineering as it applies to agricultural engineering, defence, fitness, logistics, hardwares and reinforcements. This is a clarion call the military heads to create Agricultural mechanical and technical Corps and employ civilian as staffs in training. This will sharply increase the amount of farmers with paramilitary training.. we have a lot of civil servants who can contribute and invest
Government can lease lands to them in hundreds of acres and nautical miles for fishing and marine farming.
Like can't we build this great nation together??
but no all yall wanna do with ur lives daily is talk shit about each other's tribes,

Gbogbowa:
You can increase your egg price no problem.with the increase in Minimum wage I will have money to buy layers myself so that why going to work my layers lay egg that will make me compete with you and force your price down
Re: Minimum Wage 'wahala' Would You Blame This Farmer? (pix) by Afolue(m): 8:35pm On Jun 08
Items will definitely skyrocket
Re: Minimum Wage 'wahala' Would You Blame This Farmer? (pix) by FarmTech(m): 8:38pm On Jun 08
Seefinish:
Is it by force to eat eggs?
Here in the north, some northerners are using awara in place of meat and fish. I have eaten it and I can testify it makes sense.
Pls what is Awara
Re: Minimum Wage 'wahala' Would You Blame This Farmer? (pix) by Resonance2019: 9:09pm On Jun 08
FourQu:

Very soon people like you will be asking if it's by force to eat garri undecided

That over there in your house you've been eating sand and heaven hasn't fallen because you like it's taste as an alternative cry

Please next time learn to ONLY SPEAK FOR YOURSELF
Because egg is important so the mugu should sell crate #10 000Abi
Re: Minimum Wage 'wahala' Would You Blame This Farmer? (pix) by FourQu: 9:13pm On Jun 08
Resonance2019:
Because egg is important so the mugu should sell crate #10 000Abi

If you like don't buy egg and tell your wife or daughter to start laying eggs for you grin

Enjoy πŸ˜‰
Re: Minimum Wage 'wahala' Would You Blame This Farmer? (pix) by ResourceMan(m): 9:25pm On Jun 08
Floky215:

The farmer forgot that he is not in a monopolistic business...!! grin

Very dumb..!! The workers can as Well start farming their own eggs..!!!

Una think say these things easy like 1,2,3.
Why will you wait for the workers to farm their own eggs?
Why don't you farm your own eggs?
You guys think these things are easy and to see that more than 100 people liked your post makes it more pathetic.
Una go learn better and correct lessons for this country by force.
By the time FG starts implementing the new minimum wage, all hell with be let loose economically. Una Go hear Word.
Re: Minimum Wage 'wahala' Would You Blame This Farmer? (pix) by fineberry(m): 9:27pm On Jun 08
STEWpid:
Chai..

In Naijay-Area, those at the top are just using the people's brain.

NLC & co say they're fighting to increase minimum wage so that workers and other mumu masses can praise them.

But the NLC & co know that it won't change a thing.

Price of things will keep going higher, and when will they ask for increase in minimum wage again?

That will be after several years even when Tinubu must have left seat. Pure water by then must have been N100.

They're about to enrich further those who collect money on several ghost workers

Let's tackle the main problem which is transparency and corruption!!!

God bless you for this. I keep telling people that cares to listen that the solution to the problem is not increase in minimum wage but transparency and honestly in governance and private sector.
Re: Minimum Wage 'wahala' Would You Blame This Farmer? (pix) by Lagyazannau: 9:40pm On Jun 08
Tell the mumu man he is eating his eggs alone.
Re: Minimum Wage 'wahala' Would You Blame This Farmer? (pix) by ResourceMan(m): 9:42pm On Jun 08
MartinCorridon:

I have been looking at gym equipment... looking at a generator for my 2nd house...

Been dragging my feet, but this weekend, want to place the order for gym stuff. Unfortunately for me, the generator has to wait till end of the month and to be honest, I am really scared what can happen at that time.

The moment Tinubu removed fuel subsidy, I rushed to petrol ⛽️ station, filled my tank, bought AC, fridge, generator and other electronic equipment as backup for the ones that are failing.

Those same things are 2x their prices now ...if not more.
If Possible Just Try And Get Both The generator And Your Gym Equipments. Do Not Listen To These Ones Crying About Minimum Wage, Just Find An Escape Route For Yourself By Planning Well Ahead Of Time. Buy What Ever you Need Now, I Almost Bought A Bag Of Big Bull Rice For N68,000 At Bokku Yesterday But I Was Dragging My Feet.
After I Read This Post, I Just realized How Messed Up Everything Is Going To be And Rushed To Bokku Today To get the Rice But Guess What?
The Price Has Jumped To N71,500 (Less Than 24 Hours). I Just had To Buy It, Painfully So.
Re: Minimum Wage 'wahala' Would You Blame This Farmer? (pix) by Kobojunkie: 9:49pm On Jun 08
ResourceMan:
β–  If Possible Just Try And Get Both The generator And Your Gym Equipments. Do Not Listen To These Ones Crying About Minimum Wage, Just Find An Escape Route For Yourself By Planning Well Ahead Of Time. Buy What Ever you Need Now, I Almost Bought A Bag Of Big Bull Rice For N68,000 At Bokku Yesterday But I Was Dragging My Feet.
After I Read This Post, I Just realized How Messed Up Everything Is Going To be And Rushed To Bokku Today To get the Rice But Guess What?
The Price Has Jumped To N71,500 (Less Than 24 Hours). I Just had To Buy It, Painfully So.
LOL... Minimum wage has not changed at all since 2019. It remains at Naira 30,000 yet the price of food items has more than quadrupled in many cases since then. In 2020, the price of a 50kg-bag of rice was approximately Naira 30,000.
Prices of rice in selected markets in Lagos, Nigeria 2020
From price comparisons among these markets in November 2020, the price for 10 kilograms of Mama Gold rice was on average 4.7 thousand Naira (some 12 U.S. dollars), while 50 kilograms of the same brand of rice cost almost 30 thousand Naira.
In March of 2024, before talks of MW came to the attention of people, the price of the same 50Kg bag of rice was at around N78,500 Read more: https://www.legit.ng/business-economy/economy/1582949-traders-sell-50kg-bag-rice-price-report-shows-top-brands-lowest-costs/

So, why is it an increase in the minimum wage that you are afraid of? Stop letting these politicians dick around with your heads for Pete's sake! undecided
Re: Minimum Wage 'wahala' Would You Blame This Farmer? (pix) by Love800(m): 10:18pm On Jun 08
"periodically". You mean monthly?
dfrost:

Look at the below link. It looks like the below. You can source yours from the market(online/offline). Please note that I'm not marketing the product below.

You only have to change the cotton inside periodically.

https:///product/in-line-single-water-filter-with-ppf-cotton-water-purifier-5679551?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwgpCzBhBhEiwAOSQWQTxh5EwMJZHd0zpfVx8bBKBx9q54ER37aloY4Iby-0dAxo9L-7rzRhoC4s0QAvD_BwE
Re: Minimum Wage 'wahala' Would You Blame This Farmer? (pix) by Bobbyjay001(m): 12:07am On Jun 09
dfrost:

Gbam! Dem wan see craze, better craze.πŸ€“πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

Noiler, I meant jare.
Re: Minimum Wage 'wahala' Would You Blame This Farmer? (pix) by IAmHim1: 12:10am On Jun 09
Really Smart

I like this! Kudos
OriOko88:
undecided if we talk now they Wil say we worship the whites. Why wud a country be using the same template for minimum wage. USA uses different templates for minimum wage same as in Germany. My sister in Indiana told me their own minimum wage is $12 per hour while in California it's $16. It shows that each state pays it's own minimum wage based on it's economy potential. But in Nigeria the govt is fixing same minimum wage for a worker in Ekiti or zamfara and the ones in Lagos or Rivers. C'mon. Let each state fix it's own minimum wage. But before that can be effective,we must return to Regional govt.

Mk we dey play dey go until then.
Re: Minimum Wage 'wahala' Would You Blame This Farmer? (pix) by dfrost: 3:33am On Jun 09
Bobbyjay001:

Noiler, I meant jare.

I know noilers. Hybrid of broilers.
Re: Minimum Wage 'wahala' Would You Blame This Farmer? (pix) by dfrost: 3:33am On Jun 09
Love800:
"periodically". You mean monthly?

Yes or quarterly.
Re: Minimum Wage 'wahala' Would You Blame This Farmer? (pix) by Love800(m): 3:40pm On Jun 09
Okay.

Thanks.
dfrost:

Yes or quarterly.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Starting A Plantain Farming. / Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria / Turkey Farmer Makes His Cow Wear VR Goggles To Increase Milk Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.