Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,332 members, 7,884,711 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 02:24 PM

Marking of Fine Arts - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Marking of Fine Arts (703 Views)

University With The Highest Number Of Fine Girls / If You Were The One Marking This Waec Paper Would You Do? / Man Marking WAEC May/june 2015 In A BRT Bus: Right Or Wrong? (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marking of Fine Arts by boboenny: 2:38pm On Nov 26, 2011
what are the guides to follow when marking fine arts practical? e.g 1. originality, what are the rest?
Re: Marking of Fine Arts by erniewhez(m): 3:22pm On Nov 26, 2011
Are you not a graduate of arts? If no you shouldnt be marking art papers pls.
Re: Marking of Fine Arts by boboenny: 10:19pm On Nov 26, 2011
i have a reason for asking. no one is a custodian of knowledge. i want to know more because it varies from one place to the other
Re: Marking of Fine Arts by dominique(f): 10:28pm On Nov 26, 2011
it depends on the kind of art you're marking. is it a still life or imaginative drawing? is it a painting? print? sculpture? or whatever kind of art we have out there. as a fine teacher, you ought to know how to grade the students' performance.
Re: Marking of Fine Arts by erniewhez(m): 7:47pm On Nov 28, 2011
I have my first degree in fine arts, reason why I said so. Art works are scored by perfection, the more perfection you have against others youre peered with the more score you get. All arts practicals are scored based on the standard of creativity and perfection in it, though the issue of topic in paintings are relevant. Your art work should communicate and depict the topic you give to it otherwise you loose point. In ceramics for instance the weight of the work shld be as light as possible, the clay must be well sifted to give a smooth body work of art at finish level and of course the design you inscribe or emboss or paint on it also score marks as well as the shape perfection.
In pencil/charcoal/pastel drawings your strokes and blends makes your score and of course the effects of light and proper direction of the rays and shadows where such exist. Good representation of figures ure trying to depict even where distortion is an adopted style the figure shld still be apparent.
In sculpture, scores are similar to ceramics except that the stamina given to the figure and the durability of the finished work becomes relevant. Note u dnt always need a smooth finishing on sculpture as usually relevant in ceramics. But most of all the use of curves, flexibility, rigidity and how you were able to effectively use the material (medium) to attain your desired expression is the secret in sculpture.
Textile is entirely in its own world, cos it goes beyond the creativity in it, , it goes all the way to examining the marketable aspect of the design, the acceptance of the colour used as combined and figured. A good textile design is scored first by the colour combination, two by the motiff and three by the presentation and of course the consumer acceptability would be in focus because its more of an industrial art unlike painting.
Graphics, photography etc also have their varied scoring targets. BUT BASICALLY, WORKS OF ART ARE SCORED BY THE BEAUTY IT RADIATES, THE PERFECTION ACHIEVED AND THE CREATIVITY BEHIND THE APPLICATION OF THE MEDIUM USED.

I WAS AN EXCELLENT STUDENT OF ART, I KNOW ALL THE TRICKS TO WIN THE LECTURERS SCORE BEING THE FIRST TO SCORE "A" IN PAINTING IN THE HISTORY OF MY SCHOOL. no bi mouth o!
Re: Marking of Fine Arts by boboenny: 8:16pm On Nov 28, 2011
some group of lecturers criticized some of my gradings that is why i asked. they want me to pass some female students despite their poor performances in sculpture. thanks 4 ur contributions.

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need An Info On Eksu's Credential Requirement / Aaua Second List / Engineering Students. Discuss Your Projects Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.