Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,826 members, 7,898,972 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 12:11 AM

Hi - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Hi (3635 Views)

What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos / Can Someone Pls Explain What Is Going On Here? (pics/video) / Somebody Is Trying To Molest My Neighbour's Six-Year-Old Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hi by Sapasenator: 10:55pm On Jun 08
Re: Hi by EriMma1: 11:01pm On Jun 08
Please I need a remote job can you employ me Sir

Thank you..
Re: Hi by Stevenbright(m): 11:23pm On Jun 08
Since I started following this minimum wage stuff and from my experience and observation, the labour union in Nigeria only concerns itself with the private sector welfare and even the government both the federal/state don't care about the welfare of the private sector workers too.

This means that the minimum wage is supposed to apply to all sectors of the economy but the level of the private sector implementation of it is very low and nobody cares if they implement it or not. Suffice to say that even most state and local governments don't implement.

Although if you can afford to pay it, I will encourage you to do so.
Re: Hi by brain54(m): 12:11am On Jun 09
Minimum wage applies to both the public and private sectors...

However companies that cannot afford to pay must apply for exemption from the ministry of labor and employment. The company should show proof through its financial records that it cannot pay the minimum wage.

The exemption must be approved by the minister of labor.

This is the normal according to labor laws... But of course in Nigeria no one cares about following any process or procedures!
Re: Hi by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:02am On Jun 09
This foolish blockhead man
IMF told you to implement their policies and you foolishly followed without thinking about the impact on your people, now look at the repercussions!

(1) (Reply)

Hilarious Pictures Of Men In The Labour Room / Walking Away- Domestic Abuse / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.