Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,648 members, 7,878,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:57 AM

What Is The Reason Behind High Cost Of Beans - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Is The Reason Behind High Cost Of Beans (27961 Views)

Lady Shows Off Tomatoes And Peppers She Bought For 7k, Laments About High Cost / 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars / See The Bag Of Beans I Bought For 44,000 In Nasarawa State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Reason Behind High Cost Of Beans by Northernblood9(m): 1:11pm On Jun 09
Can someone tell us the reason why beans is being sold for 7k - 8k for 1 custard paint in Ughelli, Delta State? I don't just get

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Reason Behind High Cost Of Beans by Nice2023(m): 1:13pm On Jun 09
Hmm
Re: What Is The Reason Behind High Cost Of Beans by Bobloco: 1:18pm On Jun 09
Tinubu's calamitous economic policies

188 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What Is The Reason Behind High Cost Of Beans by PresidObi: 1:19pm On Jun 09
Governmental incompetence

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Is The Reason Behind High Cost Of Beans by Madewithlove: 1:19pm On Jun 09
It's planting season now in the north and only few people can farm, high cost of pesticide and fertilizer, you pay tax to the government, boko haram and bandits.

168 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What Is The Reason Behind High Cost Of Beans by PresidObi: 1:21pm On Jun 09
Madewithlove:
It's planting season now in the north and only few people can farm, high cost of pesticide and fertilizer, you pay tax to the government, boko haram and bandits.

This is not the first planting season in Nigeria, just blame government incompetence.

We warned you all.

294 Likes 15 Shares

Re: What Is The Reason Behind High Cost Of Beans by Northernblood9(m): 1:22pm On Jun 09
I will suggest that Nigerians boycott some of these perishable foods. Let these greedy farmers suffer heavy loss.

It is not proper that federal government will fund these farmers to encourage self sufficiency but yet, these greedy bastards will still make these foods non affordable for common man

64 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Is The Reason Behind High Cost Of Beans by BossGerald: 1:22pm On Jun 09
All these killing of farmers and destruction of farmlands by herdsmen, you no hear am??

Do you know how many farmers that were killed this year alone? Or you think beans fall from heaven

While Tinupoo ask where are the cows

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Reason Behind High Cost Of Beans by Northernblood9(m): 1:25pm On Jun 09
PresidObi:
Governmental incompetence

I don't support Tinubu at all but I think that farmers are the ones exploiting nigerians. Southern part of the country is safe but yet, Garri keeps hitting new high weekly.

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Is The Reason Behind High Cost Of Beans by PresidObi: 1:26pm On Jun 09
Northernblood9:

I don't support Tinubu at all but I think that farmers are the ones exploiting nigerians. Southern part of the country is safe but yet, Garri keeps hitting new high weekly.

Maybe you don't live in Nigeria?

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Reason Behind High Cost Of Beans by FourQu: 1:26pm On Jun 09
Everybody was fixated on the price of rice meanwhile beans was in the background waving 👋 shouting 'Hiii' grin

We are teaching igbos political lessons cool (BATeria anthem)

122 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Is The Reason Behind High Cost Of Beans by Beremx(f): 1:35pm On Jun 09
Northernblood9:
I will suggest that Nigerians boycott some of these perishable foods. Let these greedy farmers suffer heavy loss.

It is not proper that federal government will fund these farmers to encourage self sufficiency but yet, these greedy bastards will still make these foods non affordable for common man
instead of blaming farmers for the high cost of food, why not blame government for not providing security for farmers to go farm? Why ignoring the problems when they're not unknown?

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Reason Behind High Cost Of Beans by ezegold4we: 1:35pm On Jun 09
Tinubu is doing great,

The Tinubulation must continue

Everybody must be served.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Reason Behind High Cost Of Beans by Judgementa1: 1:37pm On Jun 09
Beans are been exported out of the country to Niger.

Reason been that Nigeria beans is now cheaper because of the country currency devaluation.

That why the price of beans went up after border was reopen.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Reason Behind High Cost Of Beans by Northernblood9(m): 1:44pm On Jun 09
Judgementa1:

Reason been that Nigeria beans is now cheaper because of the country currency devaluation.

This explanation is reasonable.

I wish Federal government will be useful for once and stop such. We can't be sponsoring the whole of Africa. Billions are thrown into farming yearly but it is our neighbours that enjoys it. So sad

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Reason Behind High Cost Of Beans by Usmanovic95(m): 1:53pm On Jun 09
Judgementa1:

No lies,most of our farmers are cashing out selling off their harvest to neighbouring countries and as export because they will gain more when compared to selling at the local market. I think it's also same reason why garri is expensive, foreign investors now buy all the cassava harvested with a price farmers can't turn down.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Reason Behind High Cost Of Beans by ambale(m): 2:47pm On Jun 09
Northernblood9:

So we should start eating sand abi?

Businesses are out to make profit, how blind are you guys to this

The government needs to enable her citizens to face the challenge of having businesses dictating price

Abi u wan make people run out of business because they want to see you eat?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Reason Behind High Cost Of Beans by richiemcgold: 2:51pm On Jun 09
Usmanovic95:

No lies,most of our farmers are cashing out selling off their harvest to neighbouring countries and as export because they will gain more when compared to selling at the local market. I think it's also same reason why garri is expensive, foreign investors now buy all the cassava harvested with a price farmers can't turn down.

We need to produce in excess. For instance, the volume of rice produced in Thailand can feed the entire west Africa.

Mrincredy:
Calm down now bros 🤣 🤣 🤣

I know what I'm saying. Google is your friend if you think I'm wrong.
Thailand produces an average of 23 million metric tons of rice annually. Nigeria, the most populous country in west Africa, consumed 6.7 million metric tons annually. Where do you think most of the foreign rice Nigerians consume come from? Don't be ignorant pls.
👇👇👇

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Reason Behind High Cost Of Beans by ambale(m): 2:51pm On Jun 09
Northernblood9:

You lack understanding of how businesses are run, if not you wouldn't say this

Do you know the cost of maintaining a business in Nigeria now, is like triple your income, transport cost, general maintenance, and other expenses we've not even talked about the profit of the business ooo

And you want them to keep things down

I'm still surprised that a nation would allow its government to keep them in poverty and still cheer that same government

We need enablement from the government

You can't expect me to use my business do charity for you now

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Reason Behind High Cost Of Beans by ambale(m): 2:53pm On Jun 09
Usmanovic95:

And is their any law against that?

Didn't Dangote also say he would export his oil?

Na enablement the country needs now

If you are anything to do with logistics now, body go tell you

Continue blaming yourselves and leave the main culprits as sacred cows you hear

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Reason Behind High Cost Of Beans by Justnation: 2:58pm On Jun 09
That is The result of agbado politics,
emilokan economics,
"1st class chartered accountant ' monetary and physical destructive policies.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Reason Behind High Cost Of Beans by Nonny95: 3:00pm On Jun 09
Judgementa1:

Your jagabandit was gallivanting for Investors.

Beans investors have arrived and you're still crying?

11 Likes

Re: What Is The Reason Behind High Cost Of Beans by Usmanovic95(m): 3:23pm On Jun 09
ambale:

And is their any law against that?

Didn't Dangote also say he would export his oil?

Na enablement the country needs now

If you are anything to do with logistics now, body go tell you

Continue blaming yourselves and leave the main culprits as sacred cows you hear

The impartiality on the side of the government Is what I feel is costing us. Government shutting southern borders and northern border is not fair enough. If the government open up the southern border and there is an influx of foodstuffs to Nigeria, it should bring down the the price of foodstuffs here. The temporary solution is for either the government to shut down northern border so farmers can sell to local market,or open up southern border so southerners can bring in food from neighbouring countries.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Reason Behind High Cost Of Beans by Usmanovic95(m): 3:30pm On Jun 09
richiemcgold:

We need to produce in excess. For instance, the volume of rice produced in Thailand can feed the entire west Africa.

Under stable condition, I think we can produce what should be self sufficient for us and few to export but with emergence of bandit and other violent Non state actors in recent years,it hAs weigh our farmers down to abandon their farmlands for their safety.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Reason Behind High Cost Of Beans by Teetee777: 3:57pm On Jun 09
Normally, beans used to be expensive at 3 to 4 years intervals and the inflation of the country added more to it this year. So by August of this year, the new beans will be coming out from niger republic before the harvest period from Nigeria in Nov.
The beans were also too expensive 3years or 4yrs ago if I didn't mistakenly.

All the grains will be coming down in the harvest period from August to December before we will witness another scarcity during the off-peak period in next year.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Reason Behind High Cost Of Beans by AcadaWriter: 4:14pm On Jun 09
politician 's calamitous economic policies

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Reason Behind High Cost Of Beans by Beautifulday: 4:15pm On Jun 09
High demand and low supply. It seems harvest wasn't that good this year.

You deu talk bean. You don price tomatoes recently?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Reason Behind High Cost Of Beans by Bullfallo(m): 4:25pm On Jun 09
5000 cfa which was 1000 naira
Moved to
1000 cfa to 3000 naira.

200 naira to 1$
Moved to
1700 naira to 1$

Naira is the worst performing currency in the world.

Things are expensive because of inflation.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Reason Behind High Cost Of Beans by mrvitalis(m): 4:27pm On Jun 09
Northernblood9:

Seun
Mynd44
nlfpmod
90% of beans come from Niger

They blocked export to Nigeria that's why

Same with goats n cows

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Reason Behind High Cost Of Beans by IAmHim1: 5:29pm On Jun 09
CBN is getting it all wrong.

--- Increasing interest rate is the least of Nigeria's Problem
--- Increasing the fractional reserve ratio IS ALSO the LEAST of Nigeria's Problem

What exactly is Nigeria's Problem Economically speaking??

1) Farmers don't plant enough to go round

2) Too much money in circulation via loans. I've created a way to solve that already

https://www.nairaland.com/8101772/nigerias-inflation-introduction-subsidy-old

2) The available food crop then acts like a mop to absorb the excess money in the economy

And guess what?

Food price rises.

Understand this: ITS NOT the price of food rising. ITS THE VALUE OF MONEY DECLINING

Minimum wage has increased but Boko Haram hasn't been tackled so Farmers cant return to their farms.

Now what exactly is the minimum wage going to do?? You have physical money but you don't have physical food because insurgents are driving your Farmers away from their farms

The excess.money now goes into importing food further reducing the value of our naira. And you hear people complain months after that the new minimum wage isn't enough

I detailed this here
https://www.nairaland.com/8081414/nigerias-inflation-state-federal-governments

THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM regarding Nigeria's economic mess IS KNOWN. EVEN THE BLING CAN SEE IT CLEARLY

Fix this and a 50kg bag of rice becomes #25000 or less before December 2025
https://www.nairaland.com/8107351/nigerias-govt-alternative-minimum-wage

Good luck!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Reason Behind High Cost Of Beans by BigYash: 7:06pm On Jun 09
Search for the word Tinubulation. Connect the dots and you will see why garri is now competing with rice..

1 Like

Re: What Is The Reason Behind High Cost Of Beans by ambale(m): 7:07pm On Jun 09
Usmanovic95:

The impartiality on the side of the government Is what I feel is costing us. Government shutting southern borders and northern border is not fair enough. If the government open up the southern border and there is an influx of foodstuffs to Nigeria, it should bring down the the price of foodstuffs here. The temporary solution is for either the government to shut down northern border so farmers can sell to local market,or open up southern border so southerners can bring in food from neighbouring countries.

You are not far from the truth

I always tell people that the day people start feeling advantaged being a Nigerian, we begin our to prosperity

Imagine a country where you need connection to live a better life

Basic life is now out of reach of the middle income earners

God help us sha

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum / Very Irritating Food Combos I Can Never Cook Or Accept From Any One / How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.