Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,126 members, 7,887,256 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:55 AM

Should I Trade Peace For Potentials? I Am Weighing The Relocation To Lagos - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Trade Peace For Potentials? I Am Weighing The Relocation To Lagos (470 Views)

Relocation To Abuja, What To Consider. / A Man Shared Plan Of His Relocation To Nigeria And This Happened To Him / How Do I Enhance My Sons Potentials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Trade Peace For Potentials? I Am Weighing The Relocation To Lagos by mohd001: 5:38pm On Jun 09
Happy Sunday to everybody. It has being long I posted here last. I'm seeking advice on a dilemma I'm facing.

Currently, I reside in Niger State, where I enjoy a peaceful, loving, and healthy environment despite earning a peanut monthly. I possess skills in graphics design and UI/UX design, but unfortunately, there are no opportunities for me to utilize them in this state.

I'm considering relocating to Lagos State, where I believe my skills would be in high demand. However, I'm hesitant to raise my kids there due to concerns about the moral environment on the mainland. Should I stay in Niger State or take the leap to Lagos State?

Please share your thoughts and advice. I will really appreciate it!
Re: Should I Trade Peace For Potentials? I Am Weighing The Relocation To Lagos by EreluRoz: 5:41pm On Jun 09
I only visit Lagos during festive periods, I don't like the Lagos stress but it's a good place to chill during festive periods. I know someone who had a very good job in Lagos but refused to resume kos she can't meet up with the harsh Lagos lifestyle

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Trade Peace For Potentials? I Am Weighing The Relocation To Lagos by mohd001: 5:53pm On Jun 09
EreluRoz:
I only visit Lagos during festive periods, I don't like the Lagos stress but it's a good place to chill during festive periods. I know someone who had a very good job in Lagos but refused to resume kos she can't meet up with the harsh Lagos lifestyle

Honestly, Lagos is crazy!
Last month that I went there I spent only 1 week and it was like 10 years in my eyes.
I don't know how people cope there, most expecially those people โ€œliving in mainland working in island"

Which state do you live curently sir!?
Re: Should I Trade Peace For Potentials? I Am Weighing The Relocation To Lagos by EreluRoz: 5:54pm On Jun 09
mohd001:

Honestly, Lagos is crazy!
Last month that I went there I spent only 1 week and it was like 10 years in my eyes.
I don't know how people cope there, most expecially those people โ€œliving in mainland working in island"

Which state do you live curently sir!?
I'm not a sir , I live in Pluto I'm Pluto first lady
Re: Should I Trade Peace For Potentials? I Am Weighing The Relocation To Lagos by BlackRainDrops: 6:10pm On Jun 09
mohd001:
Happy Sunday to everybody. It has being long I posted here last. I'm seeking advice on a dilemma I'm facing.

Currently, I reside in Niger State, where I enjoy a peaceful, loving, and healthy environment despite earning a peanut monthly. I possess skills in graphics design and UI/UX design, but unfortunately, there are no opportunities for me to utilize them in this state.

I'm considering relocating to Lagos State, where I believe my skills would be in high demand. However, I'm hesitant to raise my kids there due to concerns about the moral environment on the mainland. Should I stay in Niger State or take the leap to Lagos State?

There's nothing wrong with Lagos. I was born here, and I love it. Just train your children well. Teach them to love their home more than the streets.
Re: Should I Trade Peace For Potentials? I Am Weighing The Relocation To Lagos by mohd001: 6:25pm On Jun 09
BlackRainDrops:
There's nothing wrong with Lagos. I was born here, and I love it. Just train your children well. Teach them to love their home more than the streets.

OK. Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Should I Trade Peace For Potentials? I Am Weighing The Relocation To Lagos by mohd001: 7:46pm On Jun 09
I need more suggestions on this please, I need to act fast
Re: Should I Trade Peace For Potentials? I Am Weighing The Relocation To Lagos by ThaThinka: 8:08pm On Jun 09
EreluRoz:
I'm not a sir , I live in Pluto I'm Pluto first lady

๐Ÿ™„

@mohd001 This may sound unambitious on my part: stay back where you are if you are able to meet your needs comfortably. Also, I think it's possible to work remotely with the skill you have.

Rent and fare will take a wicked proportion of your income in Lagos, let alone the stress. People who work on the Island but live on the Mainland have a reason. Some even reside in the inner parts of Ikorodu and have to leave for work as early as 4 a.m.

Plus, I think Niger is one of the states where food should be cheaper than in Lagos.

Relatively stable power supply is probably the major thing keeping me here. I don't have a job or business in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Trade Peace For Potentials? I Am Weighing The Relocation To Lagos by mohd001: 12:27pm On Jun 10
ThaThinka:

๐Ÿ™„

@mohd001 This may sound unambitious on my part: stay back where you are if you are able to meet your needs comfortably. Also, I think it's possible to work remotely with the skill you have.

Rent and fare will take a wicked proportion of your income in Lagos, let alone the stress. People who work on the Island but live on the Mainland have a reason. Some even reside in the inner parts of Ikorodu and have to leave for work as early as 4 a.m.

Plus, I think Niger is one of the states where food should be cheaper than in Lagos.

Relatively stable power supply is probably the major thing keeping me here. I don't have a job or business in Lagos.

I really appreciate your advice. It is is so helpful!

1 Like

Re: Should I Trade Peace For Potentials? I Am Weighing The Relocation To Lagos by mohd001: 12:29pm On Jun 10
I am still open to more advice. It will really go a along way
Re: Should I Trade Peace For Potentials? I Am Weighing The Relocation To Lagos by noobody(m): 12:39pm On Jun 10
Like the saying goes,a cat in Niger State,would not become a lion in Lagos,

Your skill is mostly remote jobs,

You can't get a job in Niger State doesn't mean it would be any better in Lagos.
Re: Should I Trade Peace For Potentials? I Am Weighing The Relocation To Lagos by Evolutionism: 10:06am On Jun 11
mohd001:

As a true bonafide lagosian(Awori Descendants) I have been here for the past thirty plus years.

I will advise you stay glued to your state, be patient and build up.

There are millions of extremely poor people here in lagos who are just surviving from hand to mouth. A large percentage of these people are migrants from other states. You'll see family of six, seven staying inside a single room! A lot of them are stuck with the suffering life and can't go back to their hometown because of shame.

Even some people who appears to be living lavida loca life are living fake lives, suffering lowkey, fraud, scam et all. Gone are those days people relocate to lagos as nobody and become somebody easily.

See extreme suffering dey this lagos. Less i forget, You will pay huge bills till you will decide to run back to your state. The majority of people who are doing fine are the real indigenous people who have properties scattered around the state. I'm leveraging on this advantage too, if not i would have taken to my heels since.

Personally i detest lagos because of the extreme overpopulation, archaic people, hungry and angry looking people, absolute filthy atmosphere and environments. Even island, lekki and extension aren't my ideal type of environment because i once resided on the island. Nothing really special except for the Networking. The rest are Gated estates, filthy lekki expressway and open drainages filled with dirts.

Despite being comfortable to some extent. I'm seriously working on plans to move away from the state. You know 90% of Nigerian men are just about the money alone with very poor taste.

As for me, I'm not about the money alone. I love quality life, being close to nature and very few population. I detest crowd, crowdy environment and noise pollution.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Trade Peace For Potentials? I Am Weighing The Relocation To Lagos by mohd001: 12:15pm On Jun 11
Evolutionism:

As a true bonafide lagosian(Awori Descendants) I have been here for the past thirty plus years.

I will advise you stay glued to your state, be patient and build up.

There are millions of extremely poor people who are just surviving from hand to mouth. A large percentage of these people are immigrants from other states. You'll see family of six, seven staying inside a single room! A lot of them are stuck with the suffering life and can't go back to their hometown because of shame.

Even some people who appears to be living lavida loca life are living fake lives, suffering lowkey, fraud, scam et all. Gone are those days people relocate to lagos as nobody and become somebody easily.

See extreme suffering dey this lagos. Less i forget, You will pay huge bills till you will decide to run back to your state. The majority of people who are doing fine are the real indigenous people who have properties scattered around the state. I'm leveraging on this advantage too, if not i would have taken to my heels since.

Personally i detest lagos because of the extreme overpopulation, archaic people, hungry and angry looking people, absolute filthy atmosphere and environments. Even island, lekki and extension aren't my ideal type of environment because i once resided on the island. Nothing really special except for the Networking. The rest are Gated estates, filthy lekki expressway and open drainages filled with dirts.

Despite being comfortable to some extent. I'm seriously working on plans to move away from the state. You know 90% of Nigerian men are just about the money alone with very poor taste.

As for me, I'm not about the money alone. I love quality life, being close to nature and very few population. I detest crowd, crowdy environment and noise.

Thanks very much. Your advice is so helpful. I have even decided to move to Suleja in my uncle's place which is about 30 minute journey to Abuja. Since I know Abuja also have abundant job opportunities like Lagos. It is far better to live in Abuja to Lagos considering the quality of life and ambition

2 Likes

Re: Should I Trade Peace For Potentials? I Am Weighing The Relocation To Lagos by mohd001: 12:19pm On Jun 11
Thanks to everybody for their contributions. You really helped me in making effective decision about my life.

I still don't mind getting more of suggestions and contributions as it goes along way.

Thanks!
Re: Should I Trade Peace For Potentials? I Am Weighing The Relocation To Lagos by Evolutionism: 4:16pm On Jun 13
mohd001:

Thanks very much. Your advice is so helpful. I have even decided to move to Suleja in my uncle's place which is about 30 minute journey to Abuja. Since I know Abuja also have abundant job opportunities like Lagos. It is far better to live in Abuja to Lagos considering the quality of life and ambition

See what i was advising you about.

This is just one person among the millions of people going through such ordeal. I see them most of the time.

Even though this might not be the case for every migrant who don't have people in lagos.

But personally i won't advise a struggling migrant from other states to move to lagos nowadays.

But in the end, everyone will make their decision regardless.

๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡
https://www.nairaland.com/8123642/left-home-feed-homei-couldnt#up

(1) (Reply)

Professional Cleaning, Fumigation & Facility Management Companies In Nigeria / How They Were Caught / Can You Marry One Who Has Similar Traits As That Of Any Of Your Parents?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.