Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,625 members, 7,930,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 10:09 AM

Hetty Green The Most Stingy Woman On Earth - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Hetty Green The Most Stingy Woman On Earth (744 Views)

Are Yorubas The Most Stingy And Tight-fisted Persons In Nigeria? Any Experience? / The Highest And Most Polished Culture On Earth Is Yoruba Culture - Reno Omokri / Youngest Monarch/king On Earth Till Today; Dein Of Agbor Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hetty Green The Most Stingy Woman On Earth by ceejay80s(m): 5:46pm On Jun 09
Hetty Green is an American woman known as the stingiest woman in history, according to the Guinness Book of Records. Her fortune is estimated at 2.3 billion dollars. She amputated her son's leg because she insisted on seeking free treatment. She did not change her underwear from the age of 16 until her death. Hetty Green in America in 1835, the only daughter of a wealthy businessman.

She opened her first bank account when she was six years old, after her passion for collecting money appeared and she began reading the economic pages in the daily newspapers. She inherited from her father a fortune estimated at $ 7.5 million when she was twenty-one years old, then she moved to New York to invest her money in Wall Street. Dubbed the Wicked Witch of Wall Street, she married a multi-millionaire but still lived on leftover cookies and crackers at the grocery store and argued for a free bone for her dog every day.

Hetty Green was a very stingy woman and never spent a penny. It was said that she never used hot water, that she wore a black robe that she only changed when it was completely worn out, and that she lived on a pie that cost only two cents, and Hetty cut off her son's leg because when he broke it she was too late in her treatment because she insisted that she would not spend any money and kept seeking free medical attention.

Hetty Green died in 1916 at the age of 81 in New York City, and entered the Guinness Book of World Records with the title of the meanest person in the world, and the cause of her death was a stroke because of her quarrel with her maid because the maid asked for an increase for her low salary, she died and left behind a huge fortune, and her children did not inherit her stinginess They were so generous that her daughter built a free hospital with her money.

https://www.pixstory.com/story/do-you-know-who-is-the-most-stingy-woman-in-the-world-hetty-green-is-an-american-woman-known-as-th/233714#:~:text=Hetty%20Green%20is%20an%20American%20woman%20known%20as%20the%20stingiest,of%2016%20until%20her%20death.

Re: Hetty Green The Most Stingy Woman On Earth by muyico(m): 5:52pm On Jun 09
I'm not too sure she normal? she may gat some abnormal gene in her brain
Re: Hetty Green The Most Stingy Woman On Earth by bobbybrown007: 6:51pm On Jun 09
Hmmm, maybe na this woman motivate those stingy men association of nigeria. How will you do that to your own child?.
Re: Hetty Green The Most Stingy Woman On Earth by ceejay80s(m): 8:26pm On Jun 09
Her underneath will be smelly cos she wore only one pant till she died, she only sew her pant when it's torn,
God forbid me being stingy like her, the only people who are close to her stinginess is our government
Re: Hetty Green The Most Stingy Woman On Earth by joeargy: 7:16am On Jun 10
My goodness..
My wife is stingy but I don see who stingy pass her

1 Like

Re: Hetty Green The Most Stingy Woman On Earth by ACRI: 10:56am On Aug 04
joeargy:
My goodness..
My wife is stingy but I don see who stingy pass her

Lol

(1) (Reply)

The Act Of Surrogacy / Skin Bleaching / Do Humans Understand Or Actually Talk To Animals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.