Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,480 members, 7,978,566 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 10:22 AM

I Will Never Advice A Nigerian Again.. Never!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Will Never Advice A Nigerian Again.. Never!! (1856 Views)

My Girlfriend Refused To Abort Somebody Advice A Comrade / Need Your Help And Advice!!! A Girl Is Playing Me / My Ex Want Me To Disflower Her, Should I? advice a brother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Never Advice A Nigerian Again.. Never!! by KnowledgePower7: 9:43pm On Jun 09
I spent 30 mins trying to give some advice
He was doubting me the whole time.

At a point i became frustrated
I just lock up. He even called me liar

Then Suddenly his roommate arrives, over hears what we are talking about and tells the guy the exact same advice I gave.

To my greatest shock, the guy agrees to the advice with no hesitation or doubt..

Imagine me spending 30 mins wasting energy explaining something to somebody and he tells me it's not true.

Only for his roommate to arrive and say the exact thing I said earlier and the guy was nodding his head and agreeing....WTF

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Never Advice A Nigerian Again.. Never!! by Ever8090: 9:52pm On Jun 09
I thought you will say you gave the advice to the people in the 36 state of Nigeria and the federal capital territory, ....bring all Nigerians into what they dont know anything about

10 Likes

Re: I Will Never Advice A Nigerian Again.. Never!! by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:02pm On Jun 09
KnowledgePower7:

Then Suddenly his roommate arrives, over hears what we are talking about and tells the guy the exact same advice I gave.

To my greatest shock, the guy agrees to the advice with no hesitation or doubt..

Imagine me spending 30 mins wasting energy explaining something to somebody and he tells me it's not true.

Only for his roommate to arrive and say the exact thing I said earlier and the guy was nodding his head and agreeing....WTF
Maybe the reason he did not agree with you or believe you was because you are not from his trib or religion

Ethnocentrism at play here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Never Advice A Nigerian Again.. Never!! by KnowledgePower7: 10:08pm On Jun 09
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Maybe the reason he did not agree with you or believe you was because you are not from his trib or religion

Omo na me fvck up... I for just lock up so that the thing will cast and he will cry bitterly.
Na me Bleep up dey explain to am.

I for allow experience teach serious lesson
E dey pain me say I advice the guy sef

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Never Advice A Nigerian Again.. Never!! by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:09pm On Jun 09
KnowledgePower7:
then Suddenly his roommate arrives, over hears what we are talking about and tells the guy the exact same advice I gave.

there are many people i wouldnt trust/listen to, regardless of what they say... i guess he trusts his roommate0s views compared to yours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Never Advice A Nigerian Again.. Never!! by KnowledgePower7: 10:14pm On Jun 09
MrBrownJay1:

there are many people i wouldnt trust/listen to, regardless of what they say... i guess he trusts his roommate0s views compared to yours.
That is all I need to know..

I swear, if I see somebody making a huge mistake. I will keep quiet and watch the person suffer. If Dem go die make Dem die

If somebody want to fall inside hole
I will lock up and watch them falling inside.
This will be the last time I will ever advice Nigerians or warm Nigerians about danger

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Never Advice A Nigerian Again.. Never!! by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:20pm On Jun 09
KnowledgePower7:

I swear, if I see somebody making a huge mistake. I will keep quiet and watch the person suffer. If Dem go die make Dem die

This will be the last time I will ever advice Nigerians or warm Nigerians about danger
Please πŸ™ don't give up on those ungrateful recalcitrant fellows
Re: I Will Never Advice A Nigerian Again.. Never!! by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:47pm On Jun 09
KnowledgePower7:

maybe your delivery is wrong
maybe you come as arrogant when giving advice
maybe you are younger etc

dont be upset with that person, and instead continue giving the right advice to people (regardless of how the respond to it)..
Re: I Will Never Advice A Nigerian Again.. Never!! by LordIsaac(m): 12:30am On Jun 10
KnowledgePower7:

Your conclusion about Nigerians and advice in this context is what the social sciences would call β€œthe fallacy of over generalization and inadequate observation.” It lacks explanatory power as your sample size is ridiculously low.😊

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Never Advice A Nigerian Again.. Never!! by Cassandraloius: 12:55am On Jun 10
grin
Wahala be like bicycle.
Re: I Will Never Advice A Nigerian Again.. Never!! by Hollybratt(m): 4:25am On Jun 10
Wahala for who dey advice grin Weldone special advicer cheesy
Re: I Will Never Advice A Nigerian Again.. Never!! by Houseofglam7(f): 7:23am On Jun 10
πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
Re: I Will Never Advice A Nigerian Again.. Never!! by EmperorCaesar(m): 7:48am On Jun 10
I realized this long ago that trying to advise people is a waste of time

The last time I did that was September 21, 2017 and if I tell u wetin my eyes see, u go pity me

Now, when u tell me your problem, I ask what u intend doing and I just tell u that the best

Humans selectively follow the advice of only those they hold dearly and it's pointless wasting my advice on a confused fellow that'd prolly follow that of his lover,parent, sibling or pastor and if I'm any of these to you, I'll tell u to meet your Dad for advice

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Never Advice A Nigerian Again.. Never!! by reiddecuti: 9:21am On Jun 10
KnowledgePower7:

Give advice to him who seek and need it. If you try to advise a (grown) man when he doesn't need it, he sees you as an enemy. But if he seeks advice from you, he'll be open minded to receive it from you.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Never Advice A Nigerian Again.. Never!! by kmaster007: 10:27am On Jun 10
Wahala! Wahala!!
Re: I Will Never Advice A Nigerian Again.. Never!! by twentyk(m): 10:54am On Jun 10
We live, we learn.
Re: I Will Never Advice A Nigerian Again.. Never!! by poshestmina(f): 4:20pm On Jun 10
You had to drag the entire 200 million plus Nigerians into the issue? grin grin.

Na we tell am to reject your advice ? cheesy.
Maybe you exaggerated the issue or didn't present it properly ,Nigerians are sorry sir.
Re: I Will Never Advice A Nigerian Again.. Never!! by ItisWell22(f): 5:00pm On Jun 10
poshestmina:
You had to drag the entire 200 million plus Nigerians into the issue? grin grin.

Na we tell am to reject your advice ? cheesy.
Maybe you exaggerated the issue or didn't present it properly ,Nigerians are sorry sir.

πŸ˜‚

We are sorry…

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Advice A Nigerian Again.. Never!! by poshestmina(f): 5:15pm On Jun 10
ItisWell22:

πŸ˜‚

We are sorry…

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Advice A Nigerian Again.. Never!! by Makaveli217(m): 5:42pm On Jun 10
poshestmina:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

πŸ˜‚

Please accept our sin party.
Re: I Will Never Advice A Nigerian Again.. Never!! by elhakiimed(m): 7:35pm On Jun 10
KnowledgePower7:

I think you're making a huge mistake. This is a common problem for people giving advice.

To be frank, your reaction is the exact one of advisors with low self-esteem. They are afraid of not being seen as they see themselves and they take things PERSONALLY.

It's not fight matter. If people think you're wise about a PARTICULAR matter, they will find you and cherish your opinion on it.

You probably just dont know how to talk to people and command respect, so you took the opportunity to impact your knowledge to someone too seriously.

Work on your self-esteem before putting yourself in position to influence people, so you don't take things personally if they have opposing opinion or argue.

Give your opinion to a fellow adult, listen to their side. Explain what you think of their plan without taking opposition too seriously and mind your business for whatever happens afterwards.

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Advice A Nigerian Again.. Never!! by KnowledgePower7: 7:01am On Oct 09
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Then it's safe to say that Nigeria will take 100 years to develop. We are in for the long run

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Advice A Nigerian Again.. Never!! by KnowledgePower7: 7:20am On Oct 09
elhakiimed:

I think you're making a huge mistake. This is a common problem for people giving advice.

To be frank, your reaction is the exact one of advisors with low self-esteem. They are afraid of not being seen as they see themselves and they take things PERSONALLY.

It's not fight matter. If people think you're wise about a PARTICULAR matter, they will find you and cherish your opinion on it.

You probably just dont know how to talk to people and command respect, so you took the opportunity to impact your knowledge to someone too seriously.

Work on your self-esteem before putting yourself in position to influence people, so you don't take things personally if they have opposing opinion or argue.

Give your opinion to a fellow adult, listen to their side. Explain what you think of their plan without taking opposition too seriously and mind your business for whatever happens afterwards.
You are the kind of guy that is book smart but very stupid at analyzing emotional intelligence.

This has nothing to do with Self esteem
It is the sudden bwirledernes that comes when you alert a person and the person refuse to listen. Simple.

You can spot a flooded sinkhole on the road
and warn a couple incoming drivers
But they don't believe you or listen to you

If you didn't care
You could easily keep quiet and say nothing
And watch the incoming drivers fall into the ditch.

Now if you warn them or advice them
And they refuse to listen
It makes you feel astonished or shocked that some people don't believe you. That's all

That shock and disbelief is what I expressed in this post. It has nothing to do with self esteem.

For your mind to interpret my post and connected it with "low self esteem"
It says a lot about you

You are projecting your own low self esteem to a post made out of shock and disbelief.
All I did was express shock after realizing that people can be easily influenced by only a selected few ndividuals

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Contract Girlfriend For 1 Year Am Going To Pay 100k Per Month / . / For Guys (strictly)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.