Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,643 members, 7,878,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:31 AM

Napoli President Flies To France To Convince PSG To Buy Osimhen - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Napoli President Flies To France To Convince PSG To Buy Osimhen (21223 Views)

Napoli President Sets €200m Price Tag On Osimhen, Says "Only PSG Can Afford Him" / Napoli Fans Queue To Buy Osimhen’s Mask / Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Napoli President Flies To France To Convince PSG To Buy Osimhen by Great100000: 7:49am On Jun 10
Aurelio de Laurentiis has reportedly flown to France to convince PSG to trigger Osimhen's release clause.

Napoli president Aurelio de Laurentiis reportedly took a trip to France to convince the Paris Saint-Germain leadership to trigger Victor Osimhen's release clause.

The 24-year-old expressed his desire to test new waters last year, prompting the Partenopei hierarchy to hand him a new contract with a way out, a €120 million release clause.

However, the high figure and Osimhen's recent injury trouble have discouraged previously interested clubs. Hence, the Napoli president took a trip to Paris to nudge PSG back on track.

Clubs fear Osimhen's release clause

As Pulse Sports reported, Over the past few months, Chelsea have been heavily linked with Super Eagles and Napoli striker Victor Osimhen.

The 25-year-old has been one of the hottest properties in European football in the past year and a half, and an exit from Napoli is expected this summer. However, it appears a transfer away from Serie A is not as certain as it was weeks ago.

With PSG earlier reported to have cooled their interest, Chelsea have also backed out of the race, citing injury issues, style of play and the huge release clause, reported to be around 130 million Euros.

According to Simon Johnson of the Athletic, the Blues' new boss, Enzo Maresca, wants to focus on other targets, with Leipzig's Benjamin Sesko rumoured to be a strong option.

Laurentiis flies to convince PSG

According to a report from GFNI, the Napoli top brass flew to France to hold a meeting with PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi and convince them to open their purses and splash on Victor Osimhen.

Also, part of the reason he made the reported trip was to discourage them from making a move for Georgian winger Khvicha Kvaratskhelia. As Pulse Sports reported, the player has already reached an agreement on personal terms with PSG and now only need to negotiate with Napoli to land the former Dinamo Batumi winger.
https://www.pulsesports.ng/football/story/leave-peseiro-alone-odegbami-warns-finidi-to-stay-off-former-super-eagles-head-coachs-tactics-2024060917504687602

5 Likes

Re: Napoli President Flies To France To Convince PSG To Buy Osimhen by ZaramT: 7:58am On Jun 10
Osimhen is a great guy. I wish him all the best

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Napoli President Flies To France To Convince PSG To Buy Osimhen by fnep2smooth(m): 8:13am On Jun 10
Abeg i use God beg you , please no go Chelsea.
Abeg you in the name of my ancestors no near that area.

You be Champions League class, you deserve the best.

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Napoli President Flies To France To Convince PSG To Buy Osimhen by LoveJesus87(m): 9:46am On Jun 10
fnep2smooth:

Lmao 🤣🤣

11 Likes

Re: Napoli President Flies To France To Convince PSG To Buy Osimhen by Mynd44: 9:47am On Jun 10
They are all still interested. Just that he will be available for free next season so why spend 120 million this season?

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Napoli President Flies To France To Convince PSG To Buy Osimhen by mbahdi(m): 9:48am On Jun 10
Tinubu is a terrorist

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Napoli President Flies To France To Convince PSG To Buy Osimhen by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:48am On Jun 10
He want to protect his business gain, Osimhen is not a kind of player you will be begging other team to bid for.

Meanwhile PSG lack team spirit and winning attitude, he should not go there at all. Let ask Messi, Mbape & Co

Napoli President should chill Osimhen will decide when he become free agent, it's just a matter of few time ahead.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Napoli President Flies To France To Convince PSG To Buy Osimhen by YoungLionken(m): 9:48am On Jun 10
Hope they're not indirectly chasing Osimhen away because these Caucasians can be something else sometimes undecided. If not so, then I think it's a smart move. But apart from the financial benefit, I would really prefer Osimhen in Liverpool (he should go to England where he would gain enormous popularity in line with his performance). Thereafter, Real Madrid or Bayern Munich...

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Napoli President Flies To France To Convince PSG To Buy Osimhen by IkeGod9891(m): 9:48am On Jun 10
Hahahaha.
Re: Napoli President Flies To France To Convince PSG To Buy Osimhen by Matheusmartin: 9:48am On Jun 10
By fire,by force,them wan offload oshimen cry

16 Likes

Re: Napoli President Flies To France To Convince PSG To Buy Osimhen by Kukutente23: 9:48am On Jun 10
They are now hawking him around like gala

Is he that bad?

23 Likes

Re: Napoli President Flies To France To Convince PSG To Buy Osimhen by Karrima: 9:49am On Jun 10
What an insult!!! A player that gave them their first trophy in so many years.

Anyways, if the likes of balablu is not the president of a country in Africa, why would anyone leave his motherland to go elsewhere?

3 Likes

Re: Napoli President Flies To France To Convince PSG To Buy Osimhen by Dpharisee: 9:49am On Jun 10
mbahdi:
Tinubu is a terrorist
Allow football lovers to discuss freely, please go back to politics section

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Napoli President Flies To France To Convince PSG To Buy Osimhen by Love56743: 9:49am On Jun 10
Fake news
Re: Napoli President Flies To France To Convince PSG To Buy Osimhen by Samuelakindeji: 9:50am On Jun 10
I hope he gets a better club

1 Like

Re: Napoli President Flies To France To Convince PSG To Buy Osimhen by PointZerom: 9:50am On Jun 10
grin

You hurriedly extended his contract last season making his mkt value to go very high, now you're begging people to buy him because you can't afford his wages anymore.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Napoli President Flies To France To Convince PSG To Buy Osimhen by damola1: 9:50am On Jun 10
Mynd44:
They are all still interested. Just that he will be available for free next season so why spend 120 million this season?

Patient!
Re: Napoli President Flies To France To Convince PSG To Buy Osimhen by SatoshiX: 9:50am On Jun 10
Star Boy 🌟
Re: Napoli President Flies To France To Convince PSG To Buy Osimhen by jmoore(m): 9:51am On Jun 10
PSG na mumu club. They allowed Mbappe to leave on free transfer. Dem suppose cashout 120m dollars + from selling Mbappe last year.

3 Likes

Re: Napoli President Flies To France To Convince PSG To Buy Osimhen by 1gbdata: 9:51am On Jun 10
Nawa
Re: Napoli President Flies To France To Convince PSG To Buy Osimhen by Liposure: 9:52am On Jun 10
What do you want osimen for? You have Ramos. You have kolomuani.

2 Likes

Re: Napoli President Flies To France To Convince PSG To Buy Osimhen by Kukutente23: 9:53am On Jun 10
Mynd44:

I don't think so. If he signed a new contract last year, it can't be for just 2 seasons and command that huge release clause

I just checked. His contract ends 2026 not next season obviously

10 Likes

Re: Napoli President Flies To France To Convince PSG To Buy Osimhen by Skillsnigeria: 9:53am On Jun 10
Okay
Re: Napoli President Flies To France To Convince PSG To Buy Osimhen by Pootle: 9:53am On Jun 10
problem of nigerian players always difficult to replicate performance over couple of seasons

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Napoli President Flies To France To Convince PSG To Buy Osimhen by femi4: 9:54am On Jun 10
Great move

He will succeed there cos he made name for himself in the league. Epl can be trickish for him
Re: Napoli President Flies To France To Convince PSG To Buy Osimhen by ImpregnaTor(m): 9:54am On Jun 10
Convince?

Chai cry

I have never been a fan of osimhen anyway and I'm hardly impressed by him too

7 Likes

Re: Napoli President Flies To France To Convince PSG To Buy Osimhen by CaptainFM1: 9:55am On Jun 10
PSG board no dey watch Italian league?
Re: Napoli President Flies To France To Convince PSG To Buy Osimhen by christejames(m): 9:55am On Jun 10
He should lower the price tag on Osimhen, I want Osimhen to leave that ungrateful club ASAP

2 Likes

Re: Napoli President Flies To France To Convince PSG To Buy Osimhen by Pootle: 9:55am On Jun 10
jmoore:
PSG na mumu club. They allowed Mbappe to leave on free transfer. Dem suppose cashout 120m dollars + from selling Mbappe last year.

they have the money
Re: Napoli President Flies To France To Convince PSG To Buy Osimhen by femi4: 9:57am On Jun 10
christejames:
He should lower the price tag on Osimhen, I want Osimhen to leave that ungrateful club ASAP
Don't mind them, yet they wanted to pay peanut for Lukaku

3 Likes

Re: Napoli President Flies To France To Convince PSG To Buy Osimhen by kingthreat(m): 9:57am On Jun 10
fnep2smooth:

Lol, Champion's league class wey shine for only 1 year in Napoli. If he knows what is good for his career, let him go to Arsenal or Chelsea.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohammed Salah Is Better Than Ronaldo & Messi / AFCON 2021 Qualifiers: Super Eagles Train In Uyo (Photos) / Samuel Okwaraji Died 24 Years Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.