Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,728 members, 7,875,822 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:23 PM

Forensic Audit Uncovers N3.3 Trillion Inflated Figure In Fuel Subsidy Claims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forensic Audit Uncovers N3.3 Trillion Inflated Figure In Fuel Subsidy Claims (9235 Views)

Tinubu Has Approved Payment Of N3.3 Trillion Power Sector Debts - Adelabu / Osinbajo To Monitor Implementation Of ₦2.3 Trillion Stimulus Package / Oil Marketers To Get N236bn Subsidy Claims By Dec. 14th — FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forensic Audit Uncovers N3.3 Trillion Inflated Figure In Fuel Subsidy Claims by Wisdomkosi(m): 8:06am On Jun 10
Forensic Audit Uncovers N3.3 Trillion Inflated Figure in Fuel Subsidy Claims by NNPCL under Buhari Gov’t | #Politicsnigeria

A forensic audit conducted by KPMG, a global accounting firm, has revealed a N3.3 trillion discrepancy in the fuel subsidy claims made by the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) during the administration of former president Muhammadu Buhari.

The audit found that NNPCL inflated its fuel subsidy claims, initially reporting N6 trillion, with the government paying a substantial portion.

However, NNPCL’s Group CEO, Mele Kyari, claimed the company was still owed N2.8 trillion, which the federal government has yet to reimburse.

“Since the provision of the N6tn in 2022, and N3.7tn in 2023, we have not received any payment whatsoever from the Federation.

“That means they (the Federal Government) are unable to pay and we’ve continued to support this subsidy from the cash flow of the NNPC. We are waiting for them to settle up to N2.8tn of NNPC’s cash flow from the subsidy regime and we can’t continue to build this,” he said.

Kyari made the claim hours after the announcement by President Bola Tinubu that fuel subsidy had been removed.

The Nigerian Government has decided to conduct a fresh audit of the N2.8 trillion fuel subsidy claim, following KPMG’s reconciliation, which reduced the claims to N2.7 trillion.

The audit, covering 2015-2021, aims to verify the authenticity of NNPC’s claims.

The Office of the Auditor-General for the Federation (OAuGF) will lead the audit, with the option to engage an external firm for additional support.

The decision was made during a Federal Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) meeting in March 2024, where members discussed the need for an independent audit to prevent conflicts of interest.
Source : https://politicsnigeria.com/forensic-audit-uncovers-n3-3-trillion-inflated-figure-in-fuel-subsidy-claims-by-nnpcl-under-buhari-govt/

1 Share

Re: Forensic Audit Uncovers N3.3 Trillion Inflated Figure In Fuel Subsidy Claims by Namaster: 8:08am On Jun 10
That's a whooping #3.3 TRILLION Naira FRAUD in just 6 years!

If the audit is expanded to 30 years, the SHEER volume of fraud dressed up as subsidy payments would make you FAINT!

Funny thing about this is absolutely NO ONE will be prosecuted for the #3.3 TRILLION Naira fraud.

But that's not even the funniest thing.

Funniest thing is that after an INDEPENDENT and INTERNATIONALLY-RECOGNISED accounting titan like KPMG audited the accounts and revealed the crookedness of it all, a POLITICALLY APPOINTED Auditor-General for the federation wants redo it.

What for?

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Forensic Audit Uncovers N3.3 Trillion Inflated Figure In Fuel Subsidy Claims by Arobaga: 8:09am On Jun 10
Tinubu is a thief

Incompetent Buffon

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Forensic Audit Uncovers N3.3 Trillion Inflated Figure In Fuel Subsidy Claims by Kenochi(m): 8:10am On Jun 10
I will never stop shouting it,the Federal Government must start the process of privatizing all the Scrap metals called Refineries
The Senate president over the weekend visited the Dangote Refinery over the weekend and I believe they must now see reason why all the Refineries and Depots must go
Those Scrap metals are Nigeria's Bermuda triangle,it keeps asking for more and yet producing absolutely nothing
As for the audit,I believe the president has been looking for a way to nail the NNPCL GMD,the man has overstayed his welcome
He should start preparing his handover notes.
And for all Engineers working in those Scrap metals,I advise you request a 3 month Sabbatical leave so you can go to Dangote Refinery and see how a Refinery works...NNPCL is the real defination of how you can't shame the shameless

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forensic Audit Uncovers N3.3 Trillion Inflated Figure In Fuel Subsidy Claims by zikclassiq(m): 8:11am On Jun 10
You wonder when does this scam ends. Like seriously...when does it end?

16 Likes

Re: Forensic Audit Uncovers N3.3 Trillion Inflated Figure In Fuel Subsidy Claims by GanagiBitrus: 8:35am On Jun 10
This ₦3.3trillion entered the pockets of identifiable human beings & not spirits.
At the end, nobody would be arrested & prosecuted.

This Country is one huge crime scene.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forensic Audit Uncovers N3.3 Trillion Inflated Figure In Fuel Subsidy Claims by Racoon(m): 8:39am On Jun 10
Just imagine! The APC under Buhari and Tinubu have repeatedly lied about this fuel subsidy corruption bit they continue to be perpetuate same.

10 Likes

Re: Forensic Audit Uncovers N3.3 Trillion Inflated Figure In Fuel Subsidy Claims by Brendaniel: 8:59am On Jun 10
Namaster:
That's a whooping #3.3 TRILLION Naira FRAUD in just 6 years!

If the audit is expanded to 30 years, the SHEER volume of fraud dressed up as subsidy payments would make you FAINT!

Funny thing about this is absolutely NO ONE will be prosecuted for the #3.3 TRILLION Naira fraud.

But that's not even the funniest thing.

Funniest thing is that after an INDEPENDENT and INTERNATIONALLY-RECOGNISED accounting titan like KPMG audited the accounts and revealed the crookedness of it all, a POLITICALLY APPOINTED Auditor-General for the federation wants redo it.

What for?

The question is what is Tinubu doing about it?

10 Likes

Re: Forensic Audit Uncovers N3.3 Trillion Inflated Figure In Fuel Subsidy Claims by Brendaniel: 9:03am On Jun 10
Kenochi:
I will never stop shouting it,the Federal Government must start the process of privatizing all the Scrap metals called Refineries
The Senate president over the weekend visited the Dangote Refinery over the weekend and I believe they must now see reason why all the Refineries and Depots must go
Those Scrap metals are Nigeria's Bermuda triangle,it keeps asking for more and yet producing absolutely nothing
As for the audit,I believe the president has been looking for a way to nail the NNPCL GMD,the man has overstayed his welcome
He should start preparing his handover notes.
And for all Engineers working in those Scrap metals,I advise you request a 3 month Sabbatical leave so you can go to Dangote Refinery and see how a Refinery works...NNPCL is the real defination of how you can't shame the shameless

I have been seeing you always giving advise to the federal government(Tinubu's government), have they acted on any of your numerous advises, at this point in time doesn't it look like you are talking to a stone?
Re: Forensic Audit Uncovers N3.3 Trillion Inflated Figure In Fuel Subsidy Claims by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:50am On Jun 10
APC haf killed Nigeria patapata.
This is a Fraud Jonathan wanted to puncture on time but they kicked against it lead by Chief fraudster himself who is CIC now.

They scammed Nigeria and brought one Mr Integrity who came to enable the corruption higher.

9 Likes

Re: Forensic Audit Uncovers N3.3 Trillion Inflated Figure In Fuel Subsidy Claims by SafariHunter(m): 9:50am On Jun 10
Normal levels
Re: Forensic Audit Uncovers N3.3 Trillion Inflated Figure In Fuel Subsidy Claims by mbahdi(m): 9:50am On Jun 10
Tinubu is a thief and a terrorist he came to kill steal and destroy I pity his gullible followers who goes to bed empty stomach after defending the thief

2 Likes

Re: Forensic Audit Uncovers N3.3 Trillion Inflated Figure In Fuel Subsidy Claims by 1gbdata: 9:51am On Jun 10
Naija
Re: Forensic Audit Uncovers N3.3 Trillion Inflated Figure In Fuel Subsidy Claims by Dpharisee: 9:51am On Jun 10
This is why South East and South South are not joining protests against Tinubu, they only blame him for supporting Buhari who had no business ruling this country, they warned Nigerians from 2014 but they were castigated, Tinubu is just trying to revive the carcass left behind by Buhari which Peter Obi would have done better in terms of the economy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forensic Audit Uncovers N3.3 Trillion Inflated Figure In Fuel Subsidy Claims by Blaze14k: 9:52am On Jun 10
Of what benefit is this news to any Nigeria. Una go steal money come report to us to do what exactly. Abi una want find way blame igboman. Useless and lazy people!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forensic Audit Uncovers N3.3 Trillion Inflated Figure In Fuel Subsidy Claims by Skillsnigeria: 9:52am On Jun 10
Hmmm
Re: Forensic Audit Uncovers N3.3 Trillion Inflated Figure In Fuel Subsidy Claims by ZIAZI(m): 9:52am On Jun 10
At this juncture, they should sell Nigeria and give me my share. Make I just go Namibia go stay.

As someone stated above, NO ONE WILL BE PROSECUTED FOR THIS GRAND THEFT!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forensic Audit Uncovers N3.3 Trillion Inflated Figure In Fuel Subsidy Claims by christejames(m): 9:53am On Jun 10
Tinubu and his goons have milked us dry 😢

3 Likes

Re: Forensic Audit Uncovers N3.3 Trillion Inflated Figure In Fuel Subsidy Claims by PointZerom: 9:53am On Jun 10
cheesy

He used Bullion vans on Lagos Treasury.

You wonder what he'll use on Nigeria Treasury grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Forensic Audit Uncovers N3.3 Trillion Inflated Figure In Fuel Subsidy Claims by jmoore(m): 9:53am On Jun 10
NNPC is the cabal. Who owns NNPC? The government. Who controls the government? APC. APC has first class in corruption.

Nigeria we hail thee...

Babablu bulabu.

4 Likes

Re: Forensic Audit Uncovers N3.3 Trillion Inflated Figure In Fuel Subsidy Claims by YoungLionken(m): 9:54am On Jun 10
Too many hardened criminals in the oil sector sad! Only Got knows how much that has illegally left Nigeria through the border (as seen somewhere sometime ago)..

Abeg God, continue to dey bless me as I focus on my hustle. Anor wan get heart attack for Nigeria matter...

2 Likes

Re: Forensic Audit Uncovers N3.3 Trillion Inflated Figure In Fuel Subsidy Claims by Fr33born(m): 9:54am On Jun 10
Brendaniel:

He is continuing from where Buhari stopped

3 Likes

Re: Forensic Audit Uncovers N3.3 Trillion Inflated Figure In Fuel Subsidy Claims by lexy2014: 9:54am On Jun 10
Brendaniel:

he is maintaining the status quo. dont you remember that it is "emilokan"? is it now that it is his turn that the "chopping" should stop?

3 Likes

Re: Forensic Audit Uncovers N3.3 Trillion Inflated Figure In Fuel Subsidy Claims by Fr33born(m): 9:54am On Jun 10
Na so
Re: Forensic Audit Uncovers N3.3 Trillion Inflated Figure In Fuel Subsidy Claims by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 9:59am On Jun 10
Dieziani that these useless people abused back then will look like a saint if these people dare to investigate 2015-2023 subsidy claims but anyways, I won't bother myself because I know nothing will fûcking come out of this their yeye investigation, just yeye noise. I know these people scatter

4 Likes

Re: Forensic Audit Uncovers N3.3 Trillion Inflated Figure In Fuel Subsidy Claims by D4gmail1: 10:00am On Jun 10
Nigerians with "My Turn to Chop" mentality. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Forensic Audit Uncovers N3.3 Trillion Inflated Figure In Fuel Subsidy Claims by Lovit(m): 10:01am On Jun 10
When will this NNPC MD be removed?

whose interest is he serving?

Politicians killed this country, we need a revolution now

Because of some people's greed, the whole nation is made to suffer the effect of subsidy removal. There is nothing wrong in subsidizing petroleum product, the masses are poor, so subsidy in many forms will help them to survive

Instead of the government to sanitize the subsidy payments, they opt to remove it entirely. who is Buhari and Tinubu afraid of? can't they expose those applying to for false subsidy claims? Or are those in government benefitting from the subsidy fraud?

Our problem is bad leadership and foolish followers!

3 Likes

Re: Forensic Audit Uncovers N3.3 Trillion Inflated Figure In Fuel Subsidy Claims by lapintoz: 10:05am On Jun 10
Just like you rag tag, never do well, good for nothing ancestors.

Arobaga:
Tinubu is a thief

Incompetent Buffon

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forensic Audit Uncovers N3.3 Trillion Inflated Figure In Fuel Subsidy Claims by Yadid(m): 10:16am On Jun 10
Was subsidy the real problem? No, never. Corruption has always been the issue, corruption in the whole subsidy thing. Who throws the baby away with the bath water? Who stops feeding his or her child just because some petty thieves are stealing from the child? Rather than address the headache, the FG cut off the whole head, while a number of ignorant Nigerians cheered on.

3 Likes

Re: Forensic Audit Uncovers N3.3 Trillion Inflated Figure In Fuel Subsidy Claims by udemzyudex(m): 10:20am On Jun 10
As usual nobody will be jail or even get arrested for this.

1 Like

Re: Forensic Audit Uncovers N3.3 Trillion Inflated Figure In Fuel Subsidy Claims by rantingpigs: 10:21am On Jun 10
These are the same people that called Deziani a Thief..

1 NIGERIA noisemakers from the Better South, I hope you are seeing the levels. Also Deziani is an IJAW woman married to an IGBO man and she is now prosecuted by people that claim to love Niger Delta.

Anyway, if you are from the ND and you believe what Yoruba ad Fulani Propaganda tell you against IGBOs then you are a complete buzu.

Good morning

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Nigeria Become A Developed Country? / Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? / Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.