Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,689 members, 7,879,022 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 11:20 AM

"Nigerians Will Yearn For Tinubu To Continue In Office In 2027." Kehinde Olaose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Nigerians Will Yearn For Tinubu To Continue In Office In 2027." Kehinde Olaose (502 Views)

#LiberalizeGunEights: Polls Reveal Nigerians Yearn For Gun Legalization - SR / Nigerians Will Yearn For Buhari When He Leaves Office, Says Garba Shehu / 2023 Governorship: I'm A Perfect Fit For What Abians Yearn For — Mascot Kalu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Nigerians Will Yearn For Tinubu To Continue In Office In 2027." Kehinde Olaose by Racoon(m): 2:35pm On Jun 10
Kehinde Olaosebikan is a seasoned journalist, public relations expert, and politician. In this interview with TheCable’s YEKEEN AKINWALE, Olaosebikan said Nigerians would gladly vote for President Bola Tinubu for a second term in 2027. He added that the president would reverse the present hardship in the country and win the hearts of most Nigerians.

TheCable: Tinubu recently marked one year in office. What’s your assessment of his government so far?

Olaosebikan: The government of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a strong and well-focused one. Being a very strong leader, the president has brought strength, valour and a great deal of pragmatism to governance, especially against the lackluster, inertia-filled government of his predecessor. Without any equivocation, I would say President Bola Tinubu is running the precise type of government we require at this point in time.

TheCable: Do you think he has taken the right step by removing the fuel subsidy on the day he was inaugurated as president?

Olaosebikan: That happened one year ago, and harping on it now would not fetch us anything. What I would say is that whether he removed it on the first day or any other day, the reality is that the subsidy must go and removing it would certainly have some unpalatable consequences.

Like most Nigerians, I am feeling the pain of the aftermath of the removal, but I am sanguine that Nigeria and Nigerians will be better for it. It is just a normal experience in growth.

TheCable: Sequel to the removal of the subsidy, the federal government rolled out some palliative measures, including the increment in the state allocations, yet Nigerians are still languishing in hardship. What do you think can be done to address the issue of hunger?

Olaosebikan: The truth is that it is difficult to see the impact of palliatives in big societies and countries like ours. For a nation of over 250 million people, gauging the impact of palliatives is a tough issue. Palliatives are introduced to bring immediate relief to those worst hit by the adverse effects of the removal. But are they really feeling the impact? The answer is no. The president did well by increasing the allocations to states and directing allocations of essential items to the states. However, what the states are doing to the increased allocations is another thing entirely. The responsibility of the government is to create common wealth that will be enjoyed seamlessly by all.

TheCable: Do you think this government is doing that?

Olaosebikan: Yes, the government has come out with measures that would lead to the generation of a commonwealth for all.

The first major one is the student loan scheme recently launched by the government. The loan scheme, which is aimed at providing financial assistance to qualified Nigerians for tuition, other fees, upkeep during their studies, and vocational skills acquisition, would ease the burden on their parents and guardians. For me, any serious effort or programme aimed at fighting poverty and want must first reduce the burden on the common man. It is the most visible and reasonable way to combat poverty.

The policy must make education, health, power, and employment accessible to the hoi pollois. The yoke of the masses must be made light by the government. The new students’ loan scheme initiative of the Tinubu government is laudable. We all must support the government to make it work.

Also, the concerted efforts being made by the government to improve the supply of electricity across the country are commendable, as steady electricity would generate more employment and enhance development in both urban and rural areas. The government has also come up with implementable programmes on health, housing, and small-scale business development.

TheCable: Do you think President Tinubu has adopted the governance style he used while he was Lagos governor?

Olaosebikan: Take whatever negatives you are seeing now as the odds against Tinubu’s chances in 2027. His reforms will yield fruit.

Olaosebikan: He is using the style even in a greater and more perceptible way, and it is working. Let me give you some instances. Let us start here in Abuja, the federal capital territory (FCT). Have you noticed the massive transformation and huge development being recorded in Abuja in the last ten months?

That shows clearly that a leader with a great mission and vision is in charge, unlike what happened in the last eight years when Abuja’s growth was completely retarded. You will see that Abuja is changing now, almost daily. People are easily missing their way in Abuja because of the massive development taking place. You will see well-planned development with a human face all over the city. That is excellence in development.

Look at what President Tinubu is turning the mining sector into for the betterment and greatness of Nigeria. At present, Nigeria is steadily growing and implementing robust mining policies and programmes that would earn the nation revenue in trillions of naira and foreign exchange, give massive employment to both skilled and unskilled Nigerians, and make the nation attain pride of place among the comity of nations. You could see the state governors trooping into the ministry of mines with great enthusiasm and assurance. That is upright progress in diversifying sources of revenue for our great country.

Another area is the management of travel documents for Nigerians. Before the new president assumed office, there were over 200,000 applications for Nigerian passports in the immigration offices all over Nigeria that had been there for years and months. But within a month or so, the present government, under the leadership of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, cleared all the backlogs and made the issuance of Nigerian passports seamless in Nigeria and in all our embassies all over the world. That is providing functional systems and putting smiles on the faces of Nigerians at home and abroad.

The Nigeria Customs Service has also been recording unprecedented successes in revenue generation, trade facilitation, and an improved reputation for Nigeria. In just the first quarter of this year, the service generated an unprecedented revenue of N1.3 trillion marking a 122.35 per cent increase over the revenue generated within the same period last year. This guarantees resources for capital and social development.

My brother, this is the situation in virtually all the ministries and agencies of the government now because the man at the top is capable, competent, focused, and providing inspirational leadership for the country. As he did in Lagos, President Tinubu has appointed the right people to the appropriate positions.

I, however, agree with you that Nigerians are suffering, but with my understanding of the ongoing reforms and the profound leadership of President Tinubu, the suffering would be short-lived. Very soon, and I mean very soon, Nigeria’s situation will change for the better. It is already manifesting.

TheCable: With the current situation of the country, do you see Nigerians voting Tinubu in 2027 for a second term?

Olaosebikan: Tomorrow belongs to God. I pray that Allah spares him for us beyond 2027. He is the best for the country in 2027. Let me make this prediction. You remember I made one on his birthday in 2022 that he would celebrate his 71st birthday as the president-elect of Nigeria.

Tinubu has the uncanny ability to win against all odds. Take whatever negatives you are seeing now as the odds against his chances in 2027, which I know clearly that he would surmount luminously. By the first/second quarter of next year, when the reforms being put in place now begin to yield fruit, Nigerians will see glaringly the need for President Bola Tinubu to continue. Nigerians would yearn for him to continue in 2027. Mark my words.

TheCable: As a senior citizen of Oyo state, a politician, and a respected journalist, what is your assessment of Seyi Makinde’s government in the last five years?

Olaosebikan: Though I may disagree with some aspects of his government, I will commend him for running a peaceful and non-chaotic government. He has proven to be methodical and calculating and these are very crucial to successful governance. As a politician and person with great belief in grassroots development, I am impressed with his handling of real grassroots development. Anybody can say anything about Governor Seyi Makinde, the soft-spoken governor has written his name in gold when you talk of infrastructural development in Oyo state and indeed the entire south west.

Like I said about the president, the audacity and bravery with which Seyi Makinde is handling the circular road and legacy projects of former governors have made him tower over all his predecessors. He will be leaving behind a project that would make a lot of sense in the development of Oyo and the south west. It will outlive generations and be well applauded by all.

For this to work perfectly, Makinde should review and strengthen the town planning system in Oyo state. The new towns coming after the circular road must not be like the poorly planned Muslim, Olorunsoogo, Amuloko, Oremeji, Odo-ona and co.
https://www.thecable.ng/interview-nigerians-will-yearn-for-tinubu-to-continue-in-office-in-2027-says-olaosebikan/amp/ Mynd44 nlfpmod

1 Like

Re: "Nigerians Will Yearn For Tinubu To Continue In Office In 2027." Kehinde Olaose by Racoon(m): 2:37pm On Jun 10
With the sorry state of this nation today under the Tinubu-led APC govt, there are still asslickers and psycophants who don't care. Well, people were warned but parochiial politics primordial and ethno-religious supremacist sentiments beclouded the sound sense of judgement of many people. Now here we are @ this messy political quagmire and cul-de-sac the APC under Buhari and Tinubu have driven it into with the aid of their supporters with equally warped prismatic worldview.

Meanwhile, I don't know why Yoruba elites kept on supporting Tinubu despite the visible flaws from all angles. How do one expects Nigeria to be great again with such high level of open tribalism? From Femi Fani-Kayode, Wole Soyinka, Doyin Okupe, to Bode George, a common thing with all the political sycophants supporting this failed Tinubu govt is their marked sympathetic attitude to rationalise cluelessness, incompetency and ineptitude. A man with many questionable past was foist upon a nation. Where is our morality and sound judgement.

It is no longer heard of how Tinubu built Lagos and how he was the most prepared presidential candidate? They are now shamelessly economising the truth while rationalising failed leadership. How can a nation makes progress this way? So do you agree or disagrees with him? Say a prayer for him and what he is promoting here.

5 Likes

Re: "Nigerians Will Yearn For Tinubu To Continue In Office In 2027." Kehinde Olaose by Racoon(m): 2:38pm On Jun 10
-1). The survival and further development of Nigerian democracy must not be allowed to be limited to the discretion of individual leaders, no matter how powerful they are. Patriotic Nigerians and democrats must resume the business of national mobilisation to produce an alternative democratic platform to APC and all the charades of registered political parties. We must summon the courage and believe in the power of possibility.

-2). “Just like we succeeded in pushing the military back to the barracks and defeating the PDP in 2015, it is possible to create a politically viable and truly popular democratic alternative platform that can put the APC in its rightful place and overcome the current extreme right-wing adventurously unplanned leadership of President Tinubu.

-3). “The beauty of being a democracy is the freedom it offers to engage in political contest. Patriotic Nigerians must practically and loudly convey the right message to President Tinubu, the APC leadership and Nigerian politicians that our democracy must be transformed beyond the current ugly state of ceremonial elections, which ends up producing leaders who continue to act like emperors and dictators who rule the country worse that military governments.

-4). “Nigerians must be mobilized to rise above dishonest politicians who only manipulate their way to power and reduce citizens to the status of conquered people. Democracy will be worthless if the result is only to elect civilian overlords. 
Words on marble.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/06/2027-buhari-tinubu-made-mess-of-democracy-ex-apc-nwc-member-moves-against-tinubu/
Re: "Nigerians Will Yearn For Tinubu To Continue In Office In 2027." Kehinde Olaose by Sheuns(m): 2:39pm On Jun 10
Lagosians did not miss him after he left office, you expect Nigerians to miss him?

5 Likes

Re: "Nigerians Will Yearn For Tinubu To Continue In Office In 2027." Kehinde Olaose by Kaycee9242(m): 2:39pm On Jun 10
Mumu talk, same thing you people said about Buhari the failure. This one is failure pro max

5 Likes

Re: "Nigerians Will Yearn For Tinubu To Continue In Office In 2027." Kehinde Olaose by Arobaga: 2:39pm On Jun 10
shocked
Re: "Nigerians Will Yearn For Tinubu To Continue In Office In 2027." Kehinde Olaose by bobbybrown007: 2:41pm On Jun 10

1 Like

Re: "Nigerians Will Yearn For Tinubu To Continue In Office In 2027." Kehinde Olaose by 89green: 2:45pm On Jun 10
grin this guy is busy doing asslicking. in eye go soon clear

2 Likes

Re: "Nigerians Will Yearn For Tinubu To Continue In Office In 2027." Kehinde Olaose by Righthussle: 2:46pm On Jun 10
If i nod your mouth eh

2 Likes

Re: "Nigerians Will Yearn For Tinubu To Continue In Office In 2027." Kehinde Olaose by fuckingAyaya(m): 2:52pm On Jun 10
Nigerians ❌
Agbadorians✅
Re: "Nigerians Will Yearn For Tinubu To Continue In Office In 2027." Kehinde Olaose by SisterAnn(f): 2:54pm On Jun 10
This one is looking for appointment or contract to cash out. Stupid set of people!
Re: "Nigerians Will Yearn For Tinubu To Continue In Office In 2027." Kehinde Olaose by SisterAnn(f): 2:54pm On Jun 10
fuckingAyaya:
Nigerians ❌
Agbadorians✅
Even agbadorians don tire for Emilokan. They regret voting for him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Nigerians Will Yearn For Tinubu To Continue In Office In 2027." Kehinde Olaose by fuckingAyaya(m): 2:56pm On Jun 10
SisterAnn:
Even agbadorians don tire for Emilokan. They regret voting for him.
the suffer heads on nairaland aren't tired yet

1 Like

Re: "Nigerians Will Yearn For Tinubu To Continue In Office In 2027." Kehinde Olaose by OriOko88(m): 3:09pm On Jun 10
All these paid sycophants sef. Nigerians will yearn of Tinubu's second term?? In this era of 180k bag of beans.

It's obvious that Ori man yi o pe rara
Re: "Nigerians Will Yearn For Tinubu To Continue In Office In 2027." Kehinde Olaose by Macdeey: 3:11pm On Jun 10
Thunder ⚡⚡⚡ Fire 🔥🔥🔥 you and Tinubu!

1 Like

Re: "Nigerians Will Yearn For Tinubu To Continue In Office In 2027." Kehinde Olaose by Betanaija42moro: 3:11pm On Jun 10
Nigerians are yearning already. Mumu people
Re: "Nigerians Will Yearn For Tinubu To Continue In Office In 2027." Kehinde Olaose by Validated: 3:16pm On Jun 10
Mumu
Re: "Nigerians Will Yearn For Tinubu To Continue In Office In 2027." Kehinde Olaose by jrizlybey: 3:29pm On Jun 10
How can anyone say such!
Re: "Nigerians Will Yearn For Tinubu To Continue In Office In 2027." Kehinde Olaose by EyeCumInPiece: 3:34pm On Jun 10
Only 2-faced Tribal Bigots like Soyinka and Co will do so. grin

Re: "Nigerians Will Yearn For Tinubu To Continue In Office In 2027." Kehinde Olaose by CrownOfClay724: 5:36pm On Jun 10
E no go better for Kehinde Olaose.
Re: "Nigerians Will Yearn For Tinubu To Continue In Office In 2027." Kehinde Olaose by dododawa1: 5:44pm On Jun 10
Time will tell
Re: "Nigerians Will Yearn For Tinubu To Continue In Office In 2027." Kehinde Olaose by Melagros(m): 5:48pm On Jun 10
COMRADES are laughing at this useless sycophant right now grin grin
Re: "Nigerians Will Yearn For Tinubu To Continue In Office In 2027." Kehinde Olaose by papyjaypaul: 6:20pm On Jun 10
Abacha Y2K

OBJ 3x

GEJ 2.5

Nothing wey we never see
Re: "Nigerians Will Yearn For Tinubu To Continue In Office In 2027." Kehinde Olaose by AcadaWriter: 6:20pm On Jun 10
If i nod your mouth eh
Re: "Nigerians Will Yearn For Tinubu To Continue In Office In 2027." Kehinde Olaose by SisterAnn(f): 2:12pm On Jun 11
fuckingAyaya:
the suffer heads on nairaland aren't tired yet
Walahi Dem dey pretend online. They are same people crying offline.

(1) (Reply)

Ohanaeze Youths Rejects Bill To Create New Orlu State / Suicide Bombing Back In Nigeria: Move Your Children Abroad / Suggest Some Reforms For Our Politicians.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.