Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,762 members, 7,930,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 11:59 PM

Senator Ned Nwoko Calls For The Creation Of Anioma State As The 6th SE State - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Ned Nwoko Calls For The Creation Of Anioma State As The 6th SE State (33063 Views)

Anioma State: Youths Pay Senator Ned Nwoko Solidarity Visit At His Country Home / Delta Group, NNU Rejects Inclusion In Proposed Anioma State / Anioma State And South East Zone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Ned Nwoko Calls For The Creation Of Anioma State As The 6th SE State by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:23pm On Jun 12
Pennilessword1:

Thats why we will start the genocide upon you savages first. And hey monkey...the war was not fought in Onichaugbo okay. You cretins had taken over asaba and they had to flush you cowards out...so watch what will happen. Oh and am a keyboard warrior...I guess one of your warriors is in jail right now with the other coward in Finland inflicting pain upon you dumb skulls. Continue..we no join Una simple. Deal with it

Again, all you can do is laugh at keyboard warriors posting deranged, juvenile, half-witted, chest-beating drivel behind their device under internet anonymity on an anonymous forum. Not worthy of a serious response.

Imagine how deeply damaged by hate this witless cretin has to be to post apologetics for the Nigerian army's genocidal massacre of civilians in Asaba because they had to "flush us out". grin Igbophobia is a really damaging pathology to the brains, stripping depraved people of their sense of worth and dignity. What psychosis would ever drive me to rationalize the actions of mass murderers who massacred my kin? How damaged would I have to be to do that? grin

No one gives a flying fu.uck about whether some anonymous, crude riffraff on the internet wants to join us. We're here discussing what a serious person said and its political ramifications and everyone knows it's extremely unlikely in a system geared towards stasis.
Re: Senator Ned Nwoko Calls For The Creation Of Anioma State As The 6th SE State by Pennilessword1: 5:07pm On Jun 12
Obi1kenobi:

Again, all you can do is laugh at keyboard warriors posting deranged, juvenile, half-witted, chest-beating drivel behind their device under internet anonymity on an anonymous forum. Not worthy of a serious response.

Imagine how deeply damaged by hate this witless cretin has to be to post apologetics for the Nigerian army's genocidal massacre of civilians in Asaba because they had to "flush us out". grin Igbophobia is a really damaging pathology to the brains, stripping depraved people of their sense of worth and dignity. What psychosis would ever drive me to rationalize the actions of mass murderers who massacred my kin? How damaged would I have to be to do that? grin

No one gives a flying fu.uck about whether some anonymous, crude riffraff on the internet wants to join us. We're here discussing what a serious person said and its political ramifications and everyone knows it's extremely unlikely in a system geared towards stasis.

I didn't read the crap you wrote okay..when

you are done with the ache, you will shut up.

Osu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Ned Nwoko Calls For The Creation Of Anioma State As The 6th SE State by jorion(m): 5:33pm On Jun 12
pazienza:

Please let's stop playing the Voltron game.
Our concern is only about Anioma for now.
The fate of Yorubas in Kwara or Kogi is non of our business and we don't give a f**king hoot about them. For all we care the North should keep them, after all the Yorubas don't wish us good in our battle to Reunite with our Igbo kin and kiths in SS.

As for Ijaw, for all we care, Yorubas should keep Arogbo and Apoi forever and never release them. We really don't care and will not speak for or against them..
The Ijaw i know have been working steadfastly to annex our Igbos in Bonny and Opobo, as well as making sure Igbo groups in Rivers state remain Igbophobic.

It's about time we started paying evil for evil. We must learn to play Nigerians by same rules they play us.
We defend our interests only and do so ruthlessly and we make sure we maintain tactical silence on other people interests, we don't go about playing the righteous equity game no more.
We keep our peace!

Ndewo.

When bonny and opobo take become igbo lands. Be very careful with your nonsense o.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Ned Nwoko Calls For The Creation Of Anioma State As The 6th SE State by nwadikeokey11: 6:11pm On Jun 12
pazienza:

Nnaa jee zuluike.
Anioma state is the most logical option for Ndiigbo, not your Orlu state.
Orlu state doesn't do anything for Ndiigbo. Nada! Same old divisions.
Leave your parochial sentiments at home and support a noble cause. Stop being selfish and myopic.
You want Orlu state, but Nsukka want Adada state since ancient days, everyone wants to keep dividing this SE more when we should be working to reunite our people outside SE back to SE so that we all can benefit from the strength that comes from unity and numbers.
This will be my last reply to you today.
With Ned Nwoko supporting Anioma and zoning of Anioma to SE, consider your Orlu state creation agenda dead for now.
All reasonable Igbos including Orlu sons and daughters will support Anioma state.
We use to have a noble Orlu son here by name Eziachi.https://www.nairaland.com/eziachi , I know if he were still here, he will be giving you a heavy knock on that your head to reset it.
I swear, if you were a woman I would have divorced my wife and marry you sharp sharp. You are the only one making a hell of sense here. I support your stand on this new creation of Anioma state as the 6th South East state. That's the best not this selfish orlu state rubbish flying everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Senator Ned Nwoko Calls For The Creation Of Anioma State As The 6th SE State by greenandy: 8:23pm On Jun 12
Obi1kenobi:

No. If you take the principle of fiscal federalism seriously, then it should start from your local policy. One reason I've always thought the whole Biafran agitation was deeply unserious was that the agitators never seemed to have given any serious thought whatsoever to the heavy net dependence of the SE on Federal allocation - feeding off the oil wealth of the Niger Delta and Lagos tax revenue. It's fine if fiscal federalism doesn't matter to you, in which case I understand why you may want your Orlu state so that you can get more Federal allocation, but if fiscal independence was any kind of serious objective to you, creating another economically unviable state out of 2 already Federally-dependent states in Imo and Anambra should strike you as absurd.

No, all groups do not benefit equally in other states. There are axes of development (usually centered around the state capital) and many much poorer constituencies with much poorer infrastructure. This is not in any way unique to Imo, though compared to a state like Anambra it seems the imbalance is more pronounced in Imo state. This is for you to sort out in your internal politics as rational, civilized adults and it must not be left to outsiders to bail you out. If a multi-ethnic state like Delta can live together harmoniously and find mutually beneficial arrangements between competing groups, then I can't take seriously an Orlu man trying to claim he cannot co-exist with Owerri people, and how they have "less in common". You're shaming the Igbo race here and I'm deeply embarrassed.

Yes, Niger state should be 3 states before creating a state out of Imo. Nobody is saying landmass is THE main factor. It should certainly be a significant factor. When you consider the tiny landmass of the SE (BY FAR the tiniest among the geopolitical zones) and ADD other factors like population, and ethno-linguistic and religious homogeneity, the SE is the least deserving region in Nigeria of an extra state. BY FAR. Other regions should fight to equal the NW's 7 states before the SE even achieves 6. If we can add territory from Igbo groups outside the SE in the SS or Middle Belt to create a 6th SE state, that's fine, but no division should ever come from within the SE's current borders. And even if that came, Orlu is not in any way more deserving than Adada or Aba.

"to the heavy net dependence of the SE on Federal allocation - feeding off the oil wealth of the Niger Delta and Lagos tax revenue" ---- author.

At this point, I realised that you are a most uninformed person writing out of prejudice. Niger delta region includes Imo state. You don't know. Orlu zone has the largest reserve of natural gas in Nigeria. You don't know. It's the oil producing area of Imo state.

The state proposed between Imo and Anambra states is most viable, many times more viable than those you go for in the SE zone. Apart from that, going from the history of state creation in the SE region, a 6th state in the SE zone MUST come from between Imo and Anambra states; or from any of the two states.
Re: Senator Ned Nwoko Calls For The Creation Of Anioma State As The 6th SE State by Ngozi123(f): 9:40pm On Jun 12
KGBKremlin:

The crude oil and gas you're talking about belongs to urhobo, isoko, you just sit down in your moud tents and suggesting rubbish.

Why are you in this thread? You're not from Anioma, neither are you from the South-East.

1 Like

Re: Senator Ned Nwoko Calls For The Creation Of Anioma State As The 6th SE State by Ngozi123(f): 10:34pm On Jun 12
ceeceeuwa:

All you want is the crude oil from there. Be truthful! You know genuinely from your heart you do not recognize these people as one of you. You call them 'dregs'.

The fact that you think this shows you know nothing about Igboland.

Admit it, all you see when it comes to the South-South is oil. All we want are our brothers back. There are people in Anioma who are kith and kin with those in Anambra and other areas of Igboland.

1 Like

Re: Senator Ned Nwoko Calls For The Creation Of Anioma State As The 6th SE State by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:03pm On Jun 12
greenandy:

"to the heavy net dependence of the SE on Federal allocation - feeding off the oil wealth of the Niger Delta and Lagos tax revenue" ---- author.

At this point, I realised that you are a most uninformed person writing out of prejudice. Niger delta region includes Imo state. You don't know. Orlu zone has the largest reserve of natural gas in Nigeria. You don't know. It's the oil producing area of Imo state.

The state proposed between Imo and Anambra states is most viable, many times more viable than those you go for in the SE zone. Apart from that, going from the history of state creation in the SE region, a 6th state in the SE zone MUST come from between Imo and Anambra states; or from any of the two states.

Kindly provide the data and source proving that Orlu has the largest reserve of natural gas in Nigeria. See joker pretending to teach me that Imo is an oil-producing state. Imo state producing about 1% of Nigeria's output is nowhere near as relevant as Akwa Ibom, Delta, Rivers and Bayelsa combining to produce over 92% of Nigeria's output, so stop pretending that that makes Imo or Orlu potentially fiscally independent. Even my state, Anambra, is now earning almost as much in oil derivation funds as Imo state (N7.86b in 2023 compared to Imo's N9.34b) and I'm not here pretending that Anambra doesn't have a net dependency on Federal allocation.

1 Like

Re: Senator Ned Nwoko Calls For The Creation Of Anioma State As The 6th SE State by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:05pm On Jun 12
Pennilessword1:

I didn't read the crap you wrote okay..when

you are done with the ache, you will shut up.

Osu

Yes, you did. grin

3 Likes

Re: Senator Ned Nwoko Calls For The Creation Of Anioma State As The 6th SE State by Ngozi123(f): 11:18pm On Jun 12
Pennilessword1:

Hahhaa..you guys are clearly dumb...nyamuri savages. Another genocide is on its way and this time you Igbos will rue the day you ventured out of that cesspool of a cave you all crawled out from

How will Nigeria pay for this war when she can barely afford to feed her own people?

You forget that the last time Nigeria fought a war and murdered millions of innocent Igbos, it was a prosperous country, with allies who were not tied in major conflicts.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Ned Nwoko Calls For The Creation Of Anioma State As The 6th SE State by Ngozi123(f): 11:22pm On Jun 12
Obi1kenobi:

This buffoon thinks that if "another genocide is on its way" (ignoring the flippant, thoughtless mockery of genocide by a crude savage who projects his crudity on others by calling them "savages" ), his ilk won't be among the victims of the genocidal butchers. The Asaba massacre was one of the most heinous war crimes of the civil war. Imagine being the kind of window-licking cretin who thinks that an Abubakar or even a Segun would spare you because you claim to be Ukwuani or Ika and not Igbo. The eyes of you and your deluded co-travellers will clear that day. grin Unless you think it's YOU that will be inflicting the genocide, in which case all one can do is laugh at keyboard warriors. grin

That quote alone shows that he's not from Delta North. No one from Delta North would say such a thing as many of their ancestors perished in the pogroms of 1966 and the extra judicial killings during the civil war.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Ned Nwoko Calls For The Creation Of Anioma State As The 6th SE State by ceeceeuwa: 7:47am On Jun 13
Ngozi123:

The fact that you think this shows you know nothing about Igboland.

Admit it, all you see when it comes to the South-South is oil. All we want are our brothers back. There are people in Anioma who are kith and kin with those in Anambra and other areas of Igboland.
Pure iies! You don't see them as your brothers. You call them all sort of demeaning names,I can testify of that even here on Nairaland. Even in real life you segregate amon yourselves. A Anambra man sees himself as more Igbo and superior than an Ebonyi man. When you don't even see yourselves as equal, is it the ones from across the Niger you will accept?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Ned Nwoko Calls For The Creation Of Anioma State As The 6th SE State by Ngozi123(f): 8:33am On Jun 14
ceeceeuwa:

Pure iies! You don't see them as your brothers. You call them all sort of demeaning names,I can testify of that even here on Nairaland. Even in real life you segregate amon yourselves. A Anambra man sees himself as more Igbo and superior than an Ebonyi man. When you don't even see yourselves as equal, is it the ones from across the Niger you will accept?

The fact that you didn't even know that there are communities in Anambra and other parts of Igboland who share cultural and linguistic ties to Igbos in Delta State suggests says it all.

I come from one of those communities and we have always seen Aniocha people as our kith and kin and vice versa.

My grandmother came from a royal family in Ika land and she was a proud Igbo woman. How do you explain this?

Those who know their history will not fall for lies and propaganda.

Oil is a finite resource. Anyone trying to coopt a people because of it is a fool. That's why the British (and the Northerners and Yorubas elite who have held power in Nigeria) have chosen to exploit the Niger Deltans by only taking their resources. Nobody wants the burden of the people once their oil dries up.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Ned Nwoko Calls For The Creation Of Anioma State As The 6th SE State by sharone21(f): 12:14am On Jun 16
Ngozi123:

The fact that you didn't even know that there are communities in Anambra and other parts of Igboland who share cultural and linguistic ties to Igbos in Delta State suggests says it all.

I come from one of those communities and we have always seen Aniocha people as our kith and kin and vice versa.

My grandmother came from a royal family in Ika land and she was a proud Igbo woman. How do you explain this?

Those who know their history will not fall for lies and propaganda.

Oil is a finite resource. Anyone trying to coopt a people because of it is a fool. That's why the British (and the Northerners and Yorubas elite who have held power in Nigeria) have chosen to exploit the Niger Deltans by only taking their resources. Nobody wants the burden of the people once their oil dries up.

Two CONFUSED people in Delta North:

1) So called indigenous Igbos/ Igbons

2) Children of mixed marriages( with domineering Igbo tribe).

U seem to just be typing gibberishly( if any word to describe all u have been writing).

There is NO Igbo in Delta North, Delta, Southern States as a whole....

I repeat, there is NO IGBO in IKA - the heartland of Bini people with our Ndokwanis brothers and many of our ENUANI brothers( Iseleukwu, Onichaugbo, Onichaolona, Idumujunor, Idumujugboko etc).

Please, RESEARCH well B4 typing what your brothers have been typing since on Wikipedia which will make ur tribe more enemies than friends.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Ned Nwoko Calls For The Creation Of Anioma State As The 6th SE State by Udopasa: 9:42am On Jun 16
Obi1kenobi:

At a time when everybody is crying "restructuring" without understanding that it should entail devolution of power from the centre and fiscal federalism, calling for creation of more states within the SE borders makes zero sense. The only way it makes sense is if you want to create the extra state so that the Federal government can give the SE more money. If true federalism is an objective, then given that most states in Nigeria are not economically viable, we should actually be merging states instead of creating more states. The truth is there is no good reason for the SE to get an extra state. We have the smallest regional population, and have by far the smallest landmass, and have by far the most ethnically homogenous region in the country. The agitation to create another SE state has never made any sense to me.
The idea of state creation is to ensure "wider empowerment" and ensuring development gets to some places as soon as practicable.
Re: Senator Ned Nwoko Calls For The Creation Of Anioma State As The 6th SE State by Udopasa: 9:47am On Jun 16
viodemus:

The proposed orlu state is unwise, and another way for the haters to divide the igbos even more.

Orlu is a great place in imo state, let us leave it like that. We are uniting with igbo Rivers, igbo delta, etc, the state creation in the past, made the enemies separate us from each other. This time around, we should be vigilant. Let us use this times to know who is who in all these multi tribe states, that are not Lagos.

Anioma state should have happened decades ago. They are true blood igbos.

Illogical.

State creation has not divided Ndα»‹ Igbo in any way. What ever division that exists amongst Ndα»‹ Igbo, has been there prior to state creation.

Creation of Anioma, Orlu or any other State for the SE isn't gonna achieve any illusionary unity. The only thing it will achieve is just wider participation, empowerment, development st al.

So, the call for Orlu State is as important as that of any other.
Re: Senator Ned Nwoko Calls For The Creation Of Anioma State As The 6th SE State by Udopasa: 9:48am On Jun 16
rantingpigs:
One is immediate..the other is subsequent.. grin

Then, I have chosen Orlu as the immediate. πŸ˜†
Re: Senator Ned Nwoko Calls For The Creation Of Anioma State As The 6th SE State by Ngozi123(f): 10:20am On Jun 16
sharone21:

U seem to just be typing gibberishly( if any word to describe all u have been writing).

I repeat, there is NO IGBO in IKA - the heartland of Bini people with our Ndokwanis brothers and many of our ENUANI brothers( Iseleukwu, Onichaugbo, Onichaolona, Idumujunor, Idumujugboko etc).

Please, RESEARCH well B4 typing what your brothers have been typing since on Wikipedia which will make ur tribe more enemies than friends.

That's very funny because the place where my grandmother was from (I won't disclose further) is in Ndokwa land.

You're the one that's talking gibberish. I am telling you that my grandmother, who was the daughter of a king in the region, was a proud Igbo woman and you're telling me something else.

If you like, you can swear for it if you don't believe I am telling the truth. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Senator Ned Nwoko Calls For The Creation Of Anioma State As The 6th SE State by AutomaticMotors: 11:04am On Jun 16
Odibembem:

So employees are happy to work four days in d week and get paid for d entire week? What of employers? Are they also happy? Do u know how many businesses have withheld expansion into the SE cos of this evil forced sit at home? U think salary to pay employees comes from where? Revenue? Sit at home is shrinking revenue and with time they will start downsizing. Oh and an Anioma state won't be too different from Ondo, small derivation and they will struggle to pay minimum wage.

U say other regions will agree to give SE another state cos of equity. Really? In terms of population, SE is by far d smallest, also smallest by land mass but I don't even wanna go there. What matters most is population and by that SE is cheating both NW and SW. SE for d sake of equity doesn't even deserve to be a geopolitical zone, but fortunately zones are not recognized in d constitution.
Let me outline to u, u may not like hearing this but d north and SW holds d key in any constitutional amendment cos d law requires 2/3 votes in both chambers and then another concurrence in 24 states, 19 of which are in d north. Why should d NW agree to dilute it's majority by allowing an extra state even in d South? Politics is about interest, u should know they won't agree, this is just a waste of time. The process of state creation is so cumbersome that there is no need trying. David Mark was Senate President for 8yrs, he kept promising his Idoma people Apa state to end their marginalization in Benue. Could he achieve it? No. So how can okor Regina, a first term non ranking Senator achieve his phantom Anioma? Abegi, let's go and argue more serious issues

I love this post!!

1 Like

Re: Senator Ned Nwoko Calls For The Creation Of Anioma State As The 6th SE State by viodemus: 6:31pm On Jun 16
Udopasa:
Illogical.

State creation has not divided Ndα»‹ Igbo in any way. What ever division that exists amongst Ndα»‹ Igbo, has been there prior to state creation.

Creation of Anioma, Orlu or any other State for the SE isn't gonna achieve any illusionary unity. The only thing it will achieve is just wider participation, empowerment, development st al.

So, the call for Orlu State is as important as that of any other.

Reread your post, and tell me if it is logical.
Did orlu beg you for a state?

we are trying to be one, and not divided by artificial borders. If there is any state, let it be carved between igbo area and non igbo area, and not from igbo and igbo areas
Re: Senator Ned Nwoko Calls For The Creation Of Anioma State As The 6th SE State by Amah70: 7:22pm On Jun 16
Odibembem:

So employees are happy to work four days in d week and get paid for d entire week? What of employers? Are they also happy? Do u know how many businesses have withheld expansion into the SE cos of this evil forced sit at home? U think salary to pay employees comes from where? Revenue? Sit at home is shrinking revenue and with time they will start downsizing. Oh and an Anioma state won't be too different from Ondo, small derivation and they will struggle to pay minimum wage.

U say other regions will agree to give SE another state cos of equity. Really? In terms of population, SE is by far d smallest, also smallest by land mass but I don't even wanna go there. What matters most is population and by that SE is cheating both NW and SW. SE for d sake of equity doesn't even deserve to be a geopolitical zone, but fortunately zones are not recognized in d constitution.
Let me outline to u, u may not like hearing this but d north and SW holds d key in any constitutional amendment cos d law requires 2/3 votes in both chambers and then another concurrence in 24 states, 19 of which are in d north. Why should d NW agree to dilute it's majority by allowing an extra state even in d South? Politics is about interest, u should know they won't agree, this is just a waste of time. The process of state creation is so cumbersome that there is no need trying. David Mark was Senate President for 8yrs, he kept promising his Idoma people Apa state to end their marginalization in Benue. Could he achieve it? No. So how can okor Regina, a first term non ranking Senator achieve his phantom Anioma? Abegi, let's go and argue more serious issues

Northern military dictators created the 36 states; created 19 states in the old Northern region through which you boast that the north and SW hold majority in the NASS, and would vote down creation of a sixth state in the SE zone. There were 3 regions that formed Nigeria in 1960. Why would one region be given 19 states + Abuja; whereas two regions were given a meagre 17 states?
Your mindset of using land mass or population figures as yardstick to determine which area deserves state status is impoverished. Because no country formed by different regions in a federation ever used land mass as yardstick to determine where new federal units like state or local council area can be created. There should have been more states in the two southern regions than in the Northern region. Other countries do not create new federal units for the purpose of sharing revenues, as was done in Nigeria. If the north you adore as omnipotent does not agree to more federating units in the Southern regions, especially in the southeast area which deserves it, and refuses enthronement of true and fiscal federalism, you know pretty much that Nigeria can't survive.
Re: Senator Ned Nwoko Calls For The Creation Of Anioma State As The 6th SE State by sharone21(f): 7:35pm On Jun 16
Ngozi123:

That's very funny because the place where my grandmother was from (I won't disclose further) is in Ndokwa land.

You're the one that's talking gibberish. I am telling you that my grandmother, who was the daughter of a king in the region, was a proud Igbo woman and you're telling me something else.

If you like, you can swear for it if you don't believe I am telling the truth. undecided

L-O-L
Re: Senator Ned Nwoko Calls For The Creation Of Anioma State As The 6th SE State by Udopasa: 7:05pm On Jun 17
Bj
viodemus:

Reread your post, and tell me if it is logical.
Did orlu beg you for a state?

we are trying to be one, and not divided by artificial borders. If there is any state, let it be carved between igbo area and non igbo area, and not from igbo and igbo areas
The people you advocate for, did they beg you for a State?

1 Like

Re: Senator Ned Nwoko Calls For The Creation Of Anioma State As The 6th SE State by Odibembem: 6:57am On Jun 18
Amah70:

Northern military dictators created the 36 states; created 19 states in the old Northern region through which you boast that the north and SW hold majority in the NASS, and would vote down creation of a sixth state in the SE zone. There were 3 regions that formed Nigeria in 1960. Why would one region be given 19 states + Abuja; whereas two regions were given a meagre 17 states?
Your mindset of using land mass or population figures as yardstick to determine which area deserves state status is impoverished. Because no country formed by different regions in a federation ever used land mass as yardstick to determine where new federal units like state or local council area can be created. There should have been more states in the two southern regions than in the Northern region. Other countries do not create new federal units for the purpose of sharing revenues, as was done in Nigeria. If the north you adore as omnipotent does not agree to more federating units in the Southern regions, especially in the southeast area which deserves it, and refuses enthronement of true and fiscal federalism, you know pretty much that Nigeria can't survive.

You are talking as if no state has been created from d Eastern Region. It has grown from one to 9 today. Western region grew from one to 8 today. So Eastern Region has actually cheated d old Western region. Cos d old Western region is SW plus Edo and Delta while old Eastern Region is SE plus Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Bayelsa. And remember it was d Eastern Region that rejected any idea on independence for d Eastern minorities in their region, even when d Wilinks commission recommended creation of Calabar Ogoja Rivers state, d Eastern regiin leadership rejected it while d western region allowed d creation of Midwestern region. But today old Eastern Region still has more states than old Western region yet u are still complaining. Why do u guys complain over everything?
As for use of landmass or otherwise to create states, let's leave landmass, what about population? That's d main criteria anywhere in d world. In terms of population does d SE which is by far d least deserve more states than d other zones? Capital No, they are already over represented, d number of lawmakers they have in d NASS per person is by far d most.
On d north having d most states and their military rulers using their position to favour them, that's d price we in d South paid for our lack of unity. In 1959 before independence, d South had d chance to lock in d new nation in our favour. NCNC under Zik and AG under Awo could had united to form a coalition govt and taken over Nigeria. Awo even offered Zik d Premiership during negotiations but while discussions were still on, Zik went to NPC and surrendered premiership to them and took d figurehead Governor General/Ceremonial President. That's how d north took over Nigeria. It was d fault of Zik and NCNC led by Igbos. The 1966 coup was an attempt by mainly Igbo military officers to remedy that anomaly but it failed resulting in d unfortunate civil war where d Igbos were again on d loosing side. So bro in life, u can't get on d negotiating table what u lost in war. The north now has d controlling numbers and sealed it with d 1999 constitution. Can u go to war again with them to take it by force? You will again lose cos they are very much entrenched in d military. Best bet is to continue to use persuasion and stealth, and hard diplomacy cos bravado will not take u any where. Assuming d SE was like d Niger Delta which has oil deep in her region, a form of blackmail would had worked but none of that. That's why u have been doing sit at home for four years and no one really give a hoot about u. I tell u if Niger Delta states declare sit at home and d people are complying, d Nigerian state will panic and find some resolution. Such is life, all fingers are not equal, know ypur strengths and weaknesses and dont over reach yourself. Kind regards

1 Like

Re: Senator Ned Nwoko Calls For The Creation Of Anioma State As The 6th SE State by Amah70: 9:22am On Jun 18
Odibembem:

You are talking as if no state has been created from d Eastern Region. It has grown from one to 9 today. Western region grew from one to 8 today. So Eastern Region has actually cheated d old Western region. Cos d old Western region is SW plus Edo and Delta while old Eastern Region is SE plus Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Bayelsa. And remember it was d Eastern Region that rejected any idea on independence for d Eastern minorities in their region, even when d Wilinks commission recommended creation of Calabar Ogoja Rivers state, d Eastern regiin leadership rejected it while d western region allowed d creation of Midwestern region. But today old Eastern Region still has more states than old Western region yet u are still complaining. Why do u guys complain over everything?
As for use of landmass or otherwise to create states, let's leave landmass, what about population? That's d main criteria anywhere in d world. In terms of population does d SE which is by far d least deserve more states than d other zones? Capital No, they are already over represented, d number of lawmakers they have in d NASS per person is by far d most.
On d north having d most states and their military rulers using their position to favour them, that's d price we in d South paid for our lack of unity. In 1959 before independence, d South had d chance to lock in d new nation in our favour. NCNC under Zik and AG under Awo could had united to form a coalition govt and taken over Nigeria. Awo even offered Zik d Premiership during negotiations but while discussions were still on, Zik went to NPC and surrendered premiership to them and took d figurehead Governor General/Ceremonial President. That's how d north took over Nigeria. It was d fault of Zik and NCNC led by Igbos. The 1966 coup was an attempt by mainly Igbo military officers to remedy that anomaly but it failed resulting in d unfortunate civil war where d Igbos were again on d loosing side. So bro in life, u can't get on d negotiating table what u lost in war. The north now has d controlling numbers and sealed it with d 1999 constitution. Can u go to war again with them to take it by force? You will again lose cos they are very much entrenched in d military. Best bet is to continue to use persuasion and stealth, and hard diplomacy cos bravado will not take u any where. Assuming d SE was like d Niger Delta which has oil deep in her region, a form of blackmail would had worked but none of that. That's why u have been doing sit at home for four years and no one really give a hoot about u. I tell u if Niger Delta states declare sit at home and d people are complying, d Nigerian state will panic and find some resolution. Such is life, all fingers are not equal, know ypur strengths and weaknesses and dont over reach yourself. Kind regards

The mentaity of use sharing as parameter to create states is what you have; share the resources in the oli and gas producing areas of the Niger delta region which also includes the Imo, Anambra and Abia states. Use that mentality to proliferate states in regions with higher population, that is all in your mindset.
Why don't you sign up for true and fiscal federalism in zonal or regional government system now? This way, every zone or region determines its own administrative units to share its resources?
During the Obasanjo administration National Political Reforms Conference, the SW team joined hands with the northern team to refuse the minimal increase in percentage allocation to oil producing areas for derivation. The Conference ended at that point of refusal.
Re: Senator Ned Nwoko Calls For The Creation Of Anioma State As The 6th SE State by pazienza(m): 9:31am On Jun 18
Odibembem:

This is not true.
Bayelsa is made up of parts of old Western region and parts of old Eastern region.
So it's shared 50% -50% between the two regions.
That makes it 8 and half States for the Eastern and Western region.
Re: Senator Ned Nwoko Calls For The Creation Of Anioma State As The 6th SE State by Odibembem: 3:19pm On Jun 18
pazienza:

This is not true.
Bayelsa is made up of parts of old Western region and parts of old Eastern region.
So it's shared 50% -50% between the two regions.
That makes it 8 and half States for the Eastern and Western region.

Am glad u corrected me there meaning you accept every other thing I said was correct. Thank u
Re: Senator Ned Nwoko Calls For The Creation Of Anioma State As The 6th SE State by Odibembem: 3:28pm On Jun 18
Amah70:

The mentaity of use sharing as parameter to create states is what you have; share the resources in the oli and gas producing areas of the Niger delta region which also includes the Imo, Anambra and Abia states. Use that mentality to proliferate states in regions with higher population, that is all in your mindset.
Why don't you sign up for true and fiscal federalism in zonal or regional government system now? This way, every zone or region determines its own administrative units to share its resources?
During the Obasanjo administration National Political Reforms Conference, the SW team joined hands with the northern team to refuse the minimal increase in percentage allocation to oil producing areas for derivation. The Conference ended at that point of refusal.

You are beating your chest for fiscal federalism as if d SE is ready for it. Talk is cheap, how many SE states joined Rivers State in d suit before d Supreme Court to cede VAT collections to states as it's a sales tax and not covered in d exclusive list? Only Lagos was bold enough, no SE states joined d suit. Infact Ebonyi openly pleaded that VAT should remain as it is because she would suffer immensely should VAT go to states. The SE is as parasitic to the Niger Delta and Lagos as Zamfara and Yobe are, let's be honest here. BTW am Edo, Anambra or Imo doesn't contribute to d federation account from oil as much as we do, no state in d entire SE has IGR even close to us so chill, talk is cheap. It's good to know ur place in the Nigerian federation so that butterflies don't start thinkingof themselves as birds just cos they can fly. Kind regards

1 Like

Re: Senator Ned Nwoko Calls For The Creation Of Anioma State As The 6th SE State by Amah70: 4:43pm On Jun 18
Odibembem:

You are beating your chest for fiscal federalism as if d SE is ready for it. Talk is cheap, how many SE states joined Rivers State in d suit before d Supreme Court to cede VAT collections to states as it's a sales tax and not covered in d exclusive list? Only Lagos was bold enough, no SE states joined d suit. Infact Ebonyi openly pleaded that VAT should remain as it is because she would suffer immensely should VAT go to states. The SE is as parasitic to the Niger Delta and Lagos as Zamfara and Yobe are, let's be honest here. BTW am Edo, Anambra or Imo doesn't contribute to d federation account from oil as much as we do, no state in d entire SE has IGR even close to us so chill, talk is cheap. It's good to know ur place in the Nigerian federation so that butterflies don't start thinkingof themselves as birds just cos they can fly. Kind regards

Nothing when you don't even understand the difference between IGR and GDP. Human Development index must have been your blindspot. You be Edo? Unarguably from Auchi far north of Edo state, you get share of 13% from derivation by mere association. You come here to exclude the oil producing states- Imo, Anambra and Abia - from your own map of Niger delta region to suit your purpose.
You don't even know where Niger delta region began and ended. In your poor mindset, Niger delta region is the oil producing states in the Southsouth.

Do you fully understand what VAT stands for? It's Valued Added Tax. Tax after sales, sort of. Much of the VAT derived from sales are from businesses by easterners in shops all over Nigeria. How much VAT is generated in your own side of Nigeria? Tiny. The SE does not normally join those suits it knows that the judges appointed by the ruling party must influence their judgment. Ebonyi is not a business state, therefore no surprises with the side it took on VAT.

In 2024

Lagos State β€” GDP: ₦41.17 trillion. ...
Rivers State β€” GDP: ₦7.96 trillion. ...
Akwa Ibom State β€” GDP: ₦7.77 trillion. ...
Imo State β€” GDP: ₦7.68 trillion. ...
Delta State β€” GDP: ₦6.19 trillion. ...
Anambra State β€” GDP: ₦5.14 trillion. ...
Ondo State β€” GDP: ₦5.10 trillion.

Parasite like you should not participate when matters of revenue generation in Nigeria is on the table.

1 Like

Re: Senator Ned Nwoko Calls For The Creation Of Anioma State As The 6th SE State by kumbhuru: 3:18am On Jun 19
sharone21:

Stop smoking ice
Re: Senator Ned Nwoko Calls For The Creation Of Anioma State As The 6th SE State by sharone21(f): 5:13am On Jun 19
kumbhuru:

Stop smoking ice

Quote me ANYWHERE...

Are you from Delta State?
Re: Senator Ned Nwoko Calls For The Creation Of Anioma State As The 6th SE State by Odibembem: 11:50am On Jun 19
Amah70:

Nothing when you don't even understand the difference between IGR and GDP. Human Development index must have been your blindspot. You be Edo? Unarguably from Auchi far north of Edo state, you get share of 13% from derivation by mere association. You come here to exclude the oil producing states- Imo, Anambra and Abia - from your own map of Niger delta region to suit your purpose.
You don't even know where Niger delta region began and ended. In your poor mindset, Niger delta region is the oil producing states in the Southsouth.

Do you fully understand what VAT stands for? It's Valued Added Tax. Tax after sales, sort of. Much of the VAT derived from sales are from businesses by easterners in shops all over Nigeria. How much VAT is generated in your own side of Nigeria? Tiny. The SE does not normally join those suits it knows that the judges appointed by the ruling party must influence their judgment. Ebonyi is not a business state, therefore no surprises with the side it took on VAT.

In 2024

Lagos State β€” GDP: ₦41.17 trillion. ...
Rivers State β€” GDP: ₦7.96 trillion. ...
Akwa Ibom State β€” GDP: ₦7.77 trillion. ...
Imo State β€” GDP: ₦7.68 trillion. ...
Delta State β€” GDP: ₦6.19 trillion. ...
Anambra State β€” GDP: ₦5.14 trillion. ...
Ondo State β€” GDP: ₦5.10 trillion.

Parasite like you should not participate when matters of revenue generation in Nigeria is on the table.

LOL it's obvious I have gotten under your skin so maybe I should take it a little easier with u.

First, where am from in Edo is irrelevant to d discussion as I didnt even bother finding out where u are from. Only reason I disclosed my being Edo was cos there was an inference I was Yoruba which am not. Dont know why many of u are paranoid about those guys.

Am not here to brandish my credentials but u are d least to lecture me on economic terms. GDP are estimates, not very objective parameters. That's why a country can wake up and rebase while another country doesn't. Domestic devaluation can change a country's GDP suddenly also. Different countries use different years as their base. And take Nigeria for example, cos of the year we based on, fintechs are completely excluded from our GDP cos they came to existence after d base year which could mean our GDP is understated. The most objective and realistic measure is the revenue your economy is able to generate. Whats d use of a huge GDP that can't generate revenue? In that case GDP would only measure potentials. If a lender is advancing credit to an economy, he would be more interested in d revenue flow than in GDP, GDP doesn't repay loans. Now u see why flaunting those GDP figures are meaningless?

The important point is what are u contributing to d federation account and what are u generating for yourselves? No one cares d reserves of gas or "vibranium" u have under d ground. The inconvenient truth is that d SE are both parasitic a d lagging behind.

On your claim that your SE people are d ones all over d country generating VAT for other states, that's a lame argument. U have no figures to prove that and d Nigerian census has no provision for ethnic group. Whoever is counted in Anambra is an Anambarian and who is counted in Delta is Deltan. Charity begins at home, if u are so good why don't u mirror it at home? The Jews are good everywhere in d world, u see it in d state of Israel. Everywhere Indians are, u can see their IT prowess, they replicate it in India. If u generate VAT for other states why not generate it also in d SE?

And u are telling me what VAT is? Don't be ridiculous! Am your master in that field!

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Florence Ita-Giwa And Oba Rasheed & His Wife Strike A Pose / APC Governor Bought Presidential Forms For Jonathan - Daily Trust / APC To Lai Mohammed: Submit To Your Governor, It Is Not Business As Usual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.