Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,947 members, 7,879,926 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:34 AM

NLC Rules Out Labour Strike Tomorrow, Awaits Tinubu’s Intervention - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Rules Out Labour Strike Tomorrow, Awaits Tinubu’s Intervention (27367 Views)

‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention / Intrigues As Nation Awaits Tinubu’s Ministers / Pictures From APC Presidential Campaign Rally In Ibadan As Crowd Awaits Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC Rules Out Labour Strike Tomorrow, Awaits Tinubu’s Intervention by Slydan204: 10:34pm On Jun 10
Hmmm, we don collect 4rm this Zanga of d world. I dedicate the anthem 2 out suffer:
"Nigerians we hail thee,
Our own dear sufferland,
Though tribe and tongue may differ,
In kwakwahood we dey,
Nigerians, na we suffer pass,
Our suffering we no gree"
Re: NLC Rules Out Labour Strike Tomorrow, Awaits Tinubu’s Intervention by Slydan204: 10:35pm On Jun 10
Hmmm, we don collect 4rm this Zanga of d world. I dedicate the anthem 2 our suffer:
"Nigerians we hail thee,
Our own dear sufferland,
Though tribe and tongue may differ,
In kwakwahood we dey,
Nigerians, na we suffer pass,
Our suffering we no gree"
Re: NLC Rules Out Labour Strike Tomorrow, Awaits Tinubu’s Intervention by Bliztzer: 10:36pm On Jun 10
LegendHero:
In 2023 for example, Oyo state wage bill was 7.2bn monthly. Let’s say they increase from 30k to 100k, it means the wage bill will roughly shoot up to 16bn for example. It’s not going to increase 3 fold like that due to the calculation being used.

For Feb 2024, Oyo received 10bn net allocation from FAAC. So that means the 16bn wage bill will be up to 50% more than their monthly FAAC.

And I am even being generous with the 16bn wage bill.

The gospel according to you. I don't know why I feel like you are trying hard to manage the truth. The same govt that can't afford to pay minimum wage, can afford to give the honourable of the most cowned looters in guise of political senators bumper harvest from nigeirian black gold.

How long do they think this will continue? If your people are hungry and can't longer afford the most basic needs anymore, be sure of unrest and instability. We have never had it this bad.

They are telling us to manage while they re eating fat.
Re: NLC Rules Out Labour Strike Tomorrow, Awaits Tinubu’s Intervention by ItswellMike: 10:37pm On Jun 10
seunmsg:
Thank God. Going on strike again is absolutely senseless. Glad to see that common sense has prevailed.
Useless Afoonja.....
Going on strike is sensible.
Foolish mumu
Re: NLC Rules Out Labour Strike Tomorrow, Awaits Tinubu’s Intervention by Kukutente23: 10:41pm On Jun 10
LegendHero:

You are even more dumberr than I initially thought.

In the PremiumTimes news you shared for 2017, it stated clearly that Oyo wage bill was 63billion per annum which stood at 5.25billion monthly.

If you believed the report of 5.25 billion wage bill in 2017, why can you not believe 7.2billion in 2023? Do you know that as at 2017, they were still paying the 18k minimum wage?

So what exactly are we arguing here? Do you just create argument for the fun of it?
You see how you enjoy fooling yourself? I've been telling you the figures are not reliable. You saw 63bn in 2017 and you jumped at it while you discounted the workforce figure of 40,000. So if the wage bill was N63bn for 40,000 in 2017, 2019, same 63bn was for 100k, then 2023 84bn for 115k, how does any of the it make any sense to you? You also deliberately became blind to the fact that Oyo is not 5 or 6 on the list of states and wage bill.
However, that's not of concern. The important thing is your stinking hypocrisy as usual. You're fixing your attention on Labour's demand of 250k as unreasonable. Is 62k reasonable from the govt side given Nigeria's economic realities? Inflation rate was 11% in 2019. It is 33% so far this year. Same govt that claims increase in allocation since last year is suddenly too broke to pay reasonable wage from the excess money they generate from subsidy removal and you think they are making sense? Haba!!
Re: NLC Rules Out Labour Strike Tomorrow, Awaits Tinubu’s Intervention by sukar886: 11:10pm On Jun 10
Useless NLC why backing out
Re: NLC Rules Out Labour Strike Tomorrow, Awaits Tinubu’s Intervention by dheilaw1(m): 11:17pm On Jun 10
Bad news for zombidients
Re: NLC Rules Out Labour Strike Tomorrow, Awaits Tinubu’s Intervention by LegendHero(m): 11:23pm On Jun 10
Kukutente23:

You see how you enjoy fooling yourself? I've been telling you the figures are not reliable. You saw 63bn in 2017 and you jumped at it while you discounted the workforce figure of 40,000. So if the wage bill was N63bn for 40,000 in 2017, 2019, same 63bn was for 100k, then 2023 84bn for 115k, how does any of the it make any sense to you? You also deliberately became blind to the fact that Oyo is not 5 or 6 on the list of states and wage bill.
However, that's not of concern. The important thing is your stinking hypocrisy as usual. You're fixing your attention on Labour's demand of 250k as unreasonable. Is 62k reasonable from the govt side given Nigeria's economic realities? Inflation rate was 11% in 2019. It is 33% so far this year. Same govt that claims increase in allocation since last year is suddenly too broke to pay reasonable wage from the excess money they generate from subsidy removal and you think they are making sense? Haba!!

Lol your delusion is legendary. You’ve been running around since because even in all the arguments, none of it pointed to the fact that Oyo state pay less than 7billion wage monthly. If the premises of our argument lies on the fact that based on Oyo FAAC allocations, they won’t be able to sustain wage of 100k minimum. No matter how you slice the calculations, it’s still impossible because it will eat up all the FAAC allocation monthly and enter into IGR.

It’s like you just jump into argument for the sake of it. Is it that you are always bored so you just ignite baseless and useless arguments?

Now you’re talking about inflation. If they’re earning 30k and you have that much inflation now, do you think inflation will increase or decrease if you set workers salary at 100k?

How exactly does that automatically mean 90% of Nigerians will be able to afford food because governors up the wage to 100k minimum for less than 5% of the total population?

If a company of 50 workers suddenly increase their wage bill 3 fold, what happens to their revenue/profit? Will they raise prices or reduce prices? So how do you expect inflation not to raise if you’re tripling wages while productivity is stagnant?

I have better things to do with my time so please don’t bother responding. This argument is giving me headache already.

1 Like

Re: NLC Rules Out Labour Strike Tomorrow, Awaits Tinubu’s Intervention by LegendHero(m): 11:26pm On Jun 10
Bliztzer:

The gospel according to you. I don't know why I feel like you are trying hard to manage the truth. The same govt that can't afford to pay minimum wage, can afford to give the honourable of the most cowned looters in guise of political senators bumper harvest from nigeirian black gold.

How long do they think this will continue? If your people are hungry and can't longer afford the most basic needs anymore, be sure of unrest and instability. We have never had it this bad.

They are telling us to manage while they re eating fat.

How does senators bumper harvest affect Oyo state allocation and wage bills?

What’s with your straw man argument?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC Rules Out Labour Strike Tomorrow, Awaits Tinubu’s Intervention by Kukutente23: 12:35am On Jun 11
LegendHero:

Lol your delusion is legendary. You’ve been running around since because even in all the arguments, none of it pointed to the fact that Oyo state pay less than 7billion wage monthly. If the premises of our argument lies on the fact that based on Oyo FAAC allocations, they won’t be able to sustain wage of 100k minimum. No matter how you slice the calculations, it’s still impossible because it will eat up all the FAAC allocation monthly and enter into IGR.

It’s like you just jump into argument for the sake of it. Is it that you are always bored so you just ignite baseless and useless arguments?

Now you’re talking about inflation. If they’re earning 30k and you have that much inflation now, do you think inflation will increase or decrease if you set workers salary at 100k?

How exactly does that automatically mean 90% of Nigerians will be able to afford food because governors up the wage to 100k minimum for less than 5% of the total population?

If a company of 50 workers suddenly increase their wage bill 3 fold, what happens to their revenue/profit? Will they raise prices or reduce prices? So how do you expect inflation not to raise if you’re tripling wages while productivity is stagnant?

I have better things to do with my time so please don’t bother responding. This argument is giving me headache already.
As I already pointed out, you don't know for a fact that Oyo wage bill is 7bn. I'm saying this because I know when the wage bill became an issue in Oyo state was when Ajimobi played politics with it.

If the allocation has improved as is being touted and Nigeria is saving trillions from subsidy removal, then there's no reason any state will say they can't pay 100k.

Was 30k the reason for the inflation in 2019? You have started with making ignorant statements again. Was there wage increase last year when inflation doubled?

It's obvious a lot of you are just swallowing this shallow and silly idea that wage increase only benefits the workers and brings nothing but inflation in the macroeconomic environment. Well, that's APC propaganda as usual.

Historically one of the means by which the US exited the great depression was by increasing worker's wages. In 1999, the OBJ govt reflated the economy by increasing minimum wage from 700 to 3500. One obvious thing wage increase does to the economy is to increase the purchasing power.

The people closest to the poorest are the same workers. When you put money in their hands, they spend more on consumable most of which are provided by the poorest. How many rich people eat local rice, garri or yam? The minimum wage spreads throughout the economy because it rejuvenates the spending power of the middle class who are the most critical segment of the economic strata.

I know a family of four who have stopped eating spaghetti since last year when this renewed madness started. With that, the pasta industry has lost potentially a carton of spaghetti every month! Imagine that family gets enough money to afford spaghetti again. That will increase demand for spaghetti which means more sales for the market woman who sells spaghetti as well. That's productivity you're talking about!

You can see how that wrongly assumed 10% is critical to the economy. I challenge you to bring up an analogy that can get money into the hands of the middle and lower class faster than this proven means. Your SIPs are just looting mechanisms as has been proven over and over.

So it also goes for investments and projects. More money in the hands of civil servants means some will buy cars, build houses and/or start small businesses. It's called incentive to spend or invest vs incentive to save in microeconomics.

So looking at minimum wage from the narrow prism of the primary beneficiary is simply agbado propaganda.

And stop giving yourself headache with your narrow arguments. When you're unstable and being called out, there's no way you won't have headache. You advocated for wage increase instead of opposition to subsidy removal when subsidy was removed last year. This year, you're singing a chorus of states can't afford wage increase. Which one you dey?!!
Re: NLC Rules Out Labour Strike Tomorrow, Awaits Tinubu’s Intervention by Chrisrare: 2:05am On Jun 11
Kukutente23:

As I already pointed out, you don't know for a fact that Oyo wage bill is 7bn. I'm saying this because I know when the wage bill became an issue in Oyo state was when Ajimobi played politics with it.

If the allocation has improved as is being touted and Nigeria is saving trillions from subsidy removal, then there's no reason any state will say they can't pay 100k.

Was 30k the reason for the inflation in 2019? You have started with making ignorant statements again. Was there wage increase last year when inflation doubled?

It's obvious a lot of you are just swallowing this shallow and silly idea that wage increase only benefits the workers and brings nothing but inflation in the macroeconomic environment. Well, that's APC propaganda as usual.

Historically one of the means by which the US exited the great depression was by increasing worker's wages. In 1999, the OBJ govt reflated the economy by increasing minimum wage from 700 to 3500. One obvious thing wage increase does to the economy is to increase the purchasing power.

The people closest to the poorest are the same workers. When you put money in their hands, they spend more on consumable most of which are provided by the poorest. How many rich people eat local rice, garri or yam? The minimum wage spreads throughout the economy because it rejuvenates the spending power of the middle class who are the most critical segment of the economic strata.

I know a family of four who have stopped eating spaghetti since last year when this renewed madness started. With that, the pasta industry has lost potentially a carton of spaghetti every month! Imagine that family gets enough money to afford spaghetti again. That will increase demand for spaghetti which means more sales for the market woman who sells spaghetti as well. That's productivity you're talking about!

You can see how that wrongly assumed 10% is critical to the economy. I challenge you to bring up an analogy that can get money into the hands of the middle and lower class faster than this proven means. Your SIPs are just looting mechanisms as has been proven over and over.

So it also goes for investments and projects. More money in the hands of civil servants means some will buy cars, build houses and/or start small businesses. It's called incentive to spend or invest vs incentive to save in microeconomics.

So looking at minimum wage from the narrow prism of the primary beneficiary is simply agbado propaganda.

And stop giving yourself headache with your narrow arguments. When you're unstable and being called out, there's no way you won't have headache. You advocated for wage increase instead of opposition to subsidy removal when subsidy was removed last year. This year, you're singing a chorus of states can't afford wage increase. Which one you dey?!!
interesting points.. legendhero do you still think increasing minimum wage to 100k will create more inflation?
Re: NLC Rules Out Labour Strike Tomorrow, Awaits Tinubu’s Intervention by Etesam(m): 3:17am On Jun 11
PresidObi:

So what is the solution reached to stop the strike?
Re: NLC Rules Out Labour Strike Tomorrow, Awaits Tinubu’s Intervention by Segxydube: 6:14am On Jun 11
LegendHero:

So how much do you think they can pay? As an intelligent citizen that you are, can you tell us.

First ask yourself where they see the billions of money they steal?
Re: NLC Rules Out Labour Strike Tomorrow, Awaits Tinubu’s Intervention by professorPABX: 6:53am On Jun 11
Segxydube:

Who are the Nigerian workers? Unskilled labourers and bricklayers at building sites have been collecting the same daily wage for over a decade. Artisans struggling for daily survival are exempted from NLC demand. Unskilled and skilled Nigerians struggling for survival daily are not beneficiary of NLC demand if approved. State Government and Organized Private Sector cannot pay that NLC demand except about 1% of them that are currently paying above that (=N=100K per month) presently.

Over 70% of Nigeria population is not affected directly and indirectly by NLC demand if granted. The inflation that would be created will affect every Nigerian.

Yet, NLC want to cripple the economy because of their demand not considering those struggling daily for survival. They want to shutdown Airports, Seaports, National Grid and stop banks from operating. They even want to force commercial vehicles from operating but they are afraid NURTW will fight them.
Re: NLC Rules Out Labour Strike Tomorrow, Awaits Tinubu’s Intervention by professorPABX: 7:02am On Jun 11
Segxydube:

Let me ask you a question, who are the Nigerian workers?

Millions of Nigerians that will not benefit from the new NLC demand suffer for the shutting down of the economy by the NLC, if it is not handled properly, another group or groups will come out to challenge NLC and create chaos beyond what NLC can handle.
Re: NLC Rules Out Labour Strike Tomorrow, Awaits Tinubu’s Intervention by cokeryusuf09(m): 7:32am On Jun 11
LegendHero:

What make you think government can pay 100k?

This is exactly why politicians take us for granted. Promise eldorado while in reality, they can’t get things going because real life is different from fantasy.

Is it Zamfara that is still struggling with 18k minimum wage to their workers that will pay 100k? Some governors even borrow loans to pay salaries, shey na those go pay 100k?

When you’re all done whyning yourself, you will wake up to reality.
But zamfara can pay 62k, most state received bail out from the govt, they choose not to pay because how cheap things are in the north.
Re: NLC Rules Out Labour Strike Tomorrow, Awaits Tinubu’s Intervention by Segxydube: 7:33am On Jun 11
professorPABX:

Let me ask you a question, who are the Nigerian workers?

Millions of Nigerians that will not benefit from the new NLC demand suffer for the shutting down of the economy by the NLC, if it is not handled properly, another group or groups will come out to challenge NLC and create chaos beyond what NLC can handle.

See u no dey system na y u dey reason like dis.. Make i give u one example.

My workplace was given an intervention fund of 500m...now we are almost 4,000 staffs and we have not been paid any wage award... We were hoping we would be paid 2 or 3months wage award but we were not paid.. They are saying they will only pay junior staffs one month wage award and give senior staffs a token... Hope u knw dat 500m will pay wage award of 3months for all staffs and some change go remain but because of the money they want to steal they will tell u dat d money cant cater for it... Just imagine

That is how the governors too dey operate... They will make pple believe they cant pay the money and u too dey follow their mouth... Since tinubu came their allocation has increased, what have they done with it?
Re: NLC Rules Out Labour Strike Tomorrow, Awaits Tinubu’s Intervention by Kukutente23: 7:36am On Jun 11
professorPABX:

Who are the Nigerian workers? Unskilled labourers and bricklayers at building sites have been collecting the same daily wage for over a decade. Artisans struggling for daily survival are exempted from NLC demand. Unskilled and skilled Nigerians struggling for survival daily are not beneficiary of NLC demand if approved. State Government and Organized Private Sector cannot pay that NLC demand except about 1% of them that are currently paying above that (=N=100K per month) presently.

Over 70% of Nigeria population is not affected directly and indirectly by NLC demand if granted. The inflation that would be created will affect every Nigerian.

Yet, NLC want to cripple the economy because of their demand not considering those struggling daily for survival. They want to shutdown Airports, Seaports, National Grid and stop banks from operating. They even want to force commercial vehicles from operating but they are afraid NURTW will fight them.
Agbado propaganda again. Who told you bricklayers have been collecting same money for a decade? It's obvious you're not into building. Presently today, bricklayers collect 2500 per day in Ibadan Oyo state. In Lagos, its 4,000 in Ipaja area that I'm familiar with. I'm sure bricklayers in Lekki will collect more. 2500 per day is 75000 per month. Yet you and your gods think 60k is fair wages for same workers you expect to call bricklayers for jobs.
As I pointed out above, it is silly Agbado propaganda to claim only workers benefit from wage increase while the rest of the economy only suffer inflation as a result. It is the reason why APC have destroyed the economy. They simply don't understand how it works.
Over 70% of the populace are positively affected by wage increase. Wage increase brings about increase in purchasing pwr among the most economically critical segment of the populace, the middle class. This in turn generates more demand for goods and services which leads to more productivity thereby creating wealth. It's a time tested philosophy that helped the US to exit the Great depression and even reflate the Nigerian economy in 1999. The average of 7% GDP growth rate we saw under OBJ was as a result of the humongous wage increase he gave workers in 2000 from 700 to 3500. In fact, OBJ left workers wages at 7500 which is 1000% increment from the 700 he met it and the economy was the better for it!
Re: NLC Rules Out Labour Strike Tomorrow, Awaits Tinubu’s Intervention by Segxydube: 7:38am On Jun 11
professorPABX:

Kai... You are not informed at all.. Who told u bricklayers have been collecting the same amount for years? Nawa oo

Oga these governors are only telling u they cant pay because the money they will steal will reduce... Let the givernors bring their civil servant list and let's see... How much will be added to pay the money? U just dey follow mouth guy... Those governors are scammers and useless... They can pay the minimum wage conveniently and no econony will be crippled.

Anyone that can't pay should resign and let another person take over and u will see d person will pay comfortably
Re: NLC Rules Out Labour Strike Tomorrow, Awaits Tinubu’s Intervention by Pennilessword1: 7:41am On Jun 11
harsysky:

You can regret all you want but you are worse than an illiterate. When the cost of living is high, everyone , absolutely everyone, would demand for increment in salary. The Government should be the one advocating for the economy to balance so as to guide against inflation and not the people. You are seriously worse than an illiterate, hoohaa.

My fear of being an African is having people like you making irrelevant contributions.

As relevant as your contribution was ....it still made no headway. It's dimwits like you that makes being an African a complete embarrassment for me.

So when prices for salary rises what then becomes of the economy and how many people or private companies can afford such...

Go back to school and learn slowly or better still...shut up
Re: NLC Rules Out Labour Strike Tomorrow, Awaits Tinubu’s Intervention by Kukutente23: 7:42am On Jun 11
Chrisrare:
interesting points.. legendhero do you still think increasing minimum wage to 100k will create more inflation?
What useless inflation?
Same stupid APC that closed the border thereby stifling supply, devalued our currency by over 500% from 199 in 2015 to 1500 in 2024, removed subsidy thereby eroding purchasing power, suddenly cares about inflation?!!
Bro be mindful of agbado propaganda when you see it.
Historically, inflation due to wage increase is usually marginal and is mitigated by increased demand and productivity in the system. The real catalyst of the present stagflation is low demand due to low purchasing power caused by subsidy removal, naira devaluation and printing.

1 Like

Re: NLC Rules Out Labour Strike Tomorrow, Awaits Tinubu’s Intervention by Bliztzer: 8:54am On Jun 11
LegendHero:

How does senators bumper harvest affect Oyo state allocation and wage bills?

What’s with your straw man argument?

How does oyo problem affects the entire Nigeria?

You can go on making excuses for a system that intend to send you to your early grave without second thought. The very failure that made many to think of japa.
Re: NLC Rules Out Labour Strike Tomorrow, Awaits Tinubu’s Intervention by Dsscode91: 10:11am On Jun 11
LegendHero:
NLC should up their minimum wage to 700k.

Then strike for 3 years so that Obi can be elected as president in 2027.

That is the reasoning of the headless mob.

No state in Nigeria can pay even 100k minimum wage, I even doubt the FG can pay that amount. When all of you finish your theatrics, you will start being serious.

It’s obvious you still live under your parents.

If not, you would know how much a cup of beans is presently

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos: Bukola Saraki Plays Basketball In Honor Of D'tigers Victory / More "Facts" Emerge On The Cause Of Ali Modu And PDP Govs Impasse. / President Buhari, Ministers At Federal Executive Council Meeting Today (photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.