Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,127 members, 7,887,262 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:09 AM

A Nairalander Explores Fastac, Lagos: This Is What Fastac Look In 2024 (video) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalander Explores Fastac, Lagos: This Is What Fastac Look In 2024 (video) (41484 Views)

I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. / Accident At Ogudu GRA, Lagos This Morning / Truck Falls On Carter Bridge, Iponri, Lagos, This Morning (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander Explores Fastac, Lagos: This Is What Fastac Look In 2024 (video) by Ogonimilitant(m): 6:45pm On Jun 10
Ok
Re: A Nairalander Explores Fastac, Lagos: This Is What Fastac Look In 2024 (video) by Danniedpastor(m): 6:46pm On Jun 10
Esama:
So state government allow this Eastern people to spoiled this community.
Which Eastern people?
Place wey aboki full anyhow.
Those northerners have really messed up that place.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Explores Fastac, Lagos: This Is What Fastac Look In 2024 (video) by AerialMapper: 6:46pm On Jun 10
FESTAC is now a mega slum. I remember it in 1984. Parks and lots of green areas

I live on 23 Road and the bungalows then were unfenced. Beautiful rows of bungalows...today they've all been fenced, all the parks are gone. In R close at the round about, there was open areas, today, mansions sit in those fields.

Football fields names after famous stadiums all gone; replaced by houses.

Moved to 21 Road I close and we had a big field opposite our block before Makay Plaza was built there and the First Tantalizer opened.

It is now a shithole

13 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Explores Fastac, Lagos: This Is What Fastac Look In 2024 (video) by AirBay: 6:46pm On Jun 10
Is it FESTAC or FASTAC?

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Explores Fastac, Lagos: This Is What Fastac Look In 2024 (video) by AngelicBeing: 6:47pm On Jun 10
raskymonojendor:

Festac used to be multicultural. Guess the people that live in festac nowadays after they hijacked it.
The tribe starts with an I and ends with O. They invaded the town and messed it up.

Before and after below 👇
Chai shocked

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Explores Fastac, Lagos: This Is What Fastac Look In 2024 (video) by onadana: 6:49pm On Jun 10
Beremx:
Festac Town has lost its glory. Bad roads and shops everywhere. Almost all ground floor of block of flats have been converted to business centres. Duplexes are not left out in the madness. The last time Festac Town had a good serenity of environment was in the early 2000s.

I miss the town though cos I was born and bred there.

You're absolutely right.I lived in Festac in the early 2000....3rd Avenue I Close.Festac was a beauty to behold,neat,good road network...from Ist to 7th Avenue..amuwo odofin extension etc it was a class act.This video is just an eye sore of the lost Glory days of Festac.

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Explores Fastac, Lagos: This Is What Fastac Look In 2024 (video) by Goldsplash(m): 6:49pm On Jun 10
Nigeria is regressing.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Explores Fastac, Lagos: This Is What Fastac Look In 2024 (video) by adedayoa2(f): 6:51pm On Jun 10
Gosh, festac in the 80/90's was the bomb, representing 322 road.

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Explores Fastac, Lagos: This Is What Fastac Look In 2024 (video) by cococandy(f): 6:52pm On Jun 10
You guys don’t get tired of being dense and tribalistic?

Your government collects taxes and does nothing with it except to feed fat. While you get off on hating each other as they stow your collective wealth away for their future generations 10x removed.

They know you can’t do anything but come on the internet to spew tribalistic BS. When you see the people responsible for your plight, you lay down and worship them but feel strongly against the next person who’s just as much a victim as you.

I’ve never seen a group of people as unique as Nigerians

Esama:

inoki247:

Lol if Govt comes for the place I hope nobody will play the tribal card....
raskymonojendor:

Festac used to be multicultural. Guess the people that live in festac nowadays after they hijacked it.
The tribe starts with an I and ends with O. They invaded the town and messed it up.

Before and after below 👇
StOla:

If government (Federal or State) intervene in the matter, your tribal orientation will emerge and overshadow rational thought.
RemoveKebab:
they are like locust everywhere they go.
See what they destroyed angry
Esama:
I'm awareof this.
Esama:
Very dirty people.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Explores Fastac, Lagos: This Is What Fastac Look In 2024 (video) by Mummyfour(f): 6:53pm On Jun 10
The light situation in festac is so terrible 😔. For all the years I go to Lagos that I stay in Festac, 1st avenue especially light na wahala o.
Just came back again last week. We could go for 2 weeks without light. The roads are very bad. No drainages. Usually flooded when it rains.
Festac has indeed lost its initial glory.
The sound of generator from almost every house in festac can deafen someone.
I grew up in festac extension mile 2 estate. Even that area sef dey get light pass festac.

8 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Explores Fastac, Lagos: This Is What Fastac Look In 2024 (video) by turawaa(m): 6:53pm On Jun 10
Who remember a platform then called " FACE OF FESTAC " Just like nairaland of now.

Black face, faze alone and 2face use to hang out there.

I remember vividly, FESTAC town used to have a game house where you convert your Naira to Coins to play games

Only Banks, Nipost and Shoprite Mall are the only valuable things at festac now

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Explores Fastac, Lagos: This Is What Fastac Look In 2024 (video) by flokii: 6:53pm On Jun 10
FG will soon start massive demolitions in that FESTAC.. most of the house owners there I believe must have been served notice of demolition.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Explores Fastac, Lagos: This Is What Fastac Look In 2024 (video) by Thabothabo101: 6:56pm On Jun 10
Shit fucking hole.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Explores Fastac, Lagos: This Is What Fastac Look In 2024 (video) by EreluRoz: 6:56pm On Jun 10
Afrobasic:

Haba, the same Lagos that your lord and saviour built?
But he's not responsible for the overpopulation there, make una go una state and leave Lagos. Some of you will be better off in your own state than Lagos but una sha wan live for Lagos city

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Explores Fastac, Lagos: This Is What Fastac Look In 2024 (video) by ada9ja(f): 6:57pm On Jun 10
Esama:

Lols.....people like una no know anything clean
Re: A Nairalander Explores Fastac, Lagos: This Is What Fastac Look In 2024 (video) by Thabothabo101: 6:57pm On Jun 10
adedayoa2:
Gosh, festac in the 80/90's was the bomb, representing 322 road.

It was the bomb. Nigeria was the bomb in the 80’s
Re: A Nairalander Explores Fastac, Lagos: This Is What Fastac Look In 2024 (video) by NaijaNaWaa: 7:01pm On Jun 10
I first visited Festac Town around 1990. It was a splendid and serene residential estate. Since then, like Nigeria, it has progressively metamorphosed into an eyesore and organic chaos.

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Explores Fastac, Lagos: This Is What Fastac Look In 2024 (video) by zed7: 7:03pm On Jun 10
All these hungry looking people will rather do propaganda than to do something meaningful for a living.

You should be showing the bad roads and dilapidated infrastructure not glorifying the slum. No matter how much propaganda is made, those who know will still know that Festac is a glorified slum.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Explores Fastac, Lagos: This Is What Fastac Look In 2024 (video) by DUNDEEmoderatos: 7:03pm On Jun 10
kereman1:

Dude soo you are pained cos your trybes menh can afford to buy houses or rent houses in festac, but rather live in ajegunle, orile, MAZAMAZA, agboju etc. Isheri is just an outskirts of festac go there and see the wonders that men are building.
Govt didn't give permission for residents or house owner to build, demolish and reconstruct their choice of architecture.

Obaofpigs what's your take on this?
STFU you don't know anything about Lagos. All those places you mentioned are still full of Igbos except Ajegunle that is more of Delta enclave. Moreover we are talking about environment you are saying a different thing! Igbos are the ones that will call Yoruba dity but Igbos are the dirtiest tribe in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Explores Fastac, Lagos: This Is What Fastac Look In 2024 (video) by Lovit(m): 7:06pm On Jun 10
OP, which one be FASTAC again?

You see what Tinubu has done to you? Too much 'Soak Garri' grin

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Explores Fastac, Lagos: This Is What Fastac Look In 2024 (video) by Afrobasic(m): 7:06pm On Jun 10
EreluRoz:
But he's not responsible for the overpopulation there, make una go una state and leave Lagos. Some of you will be better off in your own state than Lagos but una sha wan live for Lagos city

First off, who says I am in Lagos? I can never go back to that shit-hole undecided

Secondly, from your previous comment, it is quite clear you do not live in your god father's state. You live in another man's state, yet you have the guts to tell others to "go una state"

Can you see that sense is far from you now

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Explores Fastac, Lagos: This Is What Fastac Look In 2024 (video) by tjmc: 7:07pm On Jun 10
Esama:

As if Una fit maintain Festac.

How many Yorubas can you find there?

Una fit pay house rent for there?

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Explores Fastac, Lagos: This Is What Fastac Look In 2024 (video) by Afonja007: 7:08pm On Jun 10
The first time I visited festac maybe 1992 then very clean town water never stop running today
Re: A Nairalander Explores Fastac, Lagos: This Is What Fastac Look In 2024 (video) by fuckboys: 7:13pm On Jun 10
Igbos has bought up almost 80% of landed properties in Festac.
Re: A Nairalander Explores Fastac, Lagos: This Is What Fastac Look In 2024 (video) by Afrobasic(m): 7:14pm On Jun 10
cococandy:
You guys don’t get tired of being dense and tribalistic?

Your government collects taxes and does nothing with it except to feed fat. While you get off on hating each other as they stow your collective wealth away for their future generations 10x removed.

They know you can’t do anything but come on the internet to spew tribalistic BS. When you see the people responsible for your plight, you lay down and worship them but feel strongly against the next person who’s just as much a victim as you.

I’ve never seen a group of people as unique as Nigerians

Don't mind those mugu's, the only thing in their head is tribalism.

I will bet that a couple of them cannot afford 3 square meals a day, yet they are on here siding with their slave-masters and hating on the wrong people.

Common sense is sadly not too common in that country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Explores Fastac, Lagos: This Is What Fastac Look In 2024 (video) by rickleye: 7:15pm On Jun 10
Dude I love your enthusiasm. Which is why I invested 5 mins to watch part of it . But you talk about drainage - open drainage in 2024 with stagnant water . Roads no demarcation lines .
Festac lost his glory long time ago bro. I weep for the country.
Re: A Nairalander Explores Fastac, Lagos: This Is What Fastac Look In 2024 (video) by azpekuliar: 7:16pm On Jun 10
onadana:

You're absolutely right.I lived in Festac in the early 2000....3rd Avenue I Close.Festac was a beauty to behold,neat,good road network...from Ist to 7th Avenue..amuwo odofin extension etc it was a class act.This video is just an eye sore of the lost Glory days of Festac.

There is a 2000 Nollywood movie by Helen Ukpabio titled “Wasted Years” that starred Justus Esiri, Ashley Nwosu etc.. A scene in that movie was shot in a supermarket along First avenue. That supermarket is still there till this day. Infact that should be one of Charles Okocha’s first Nollywood movies. He was in the scene that was shot in that supermarket.
Anyway, my point is this, it is difficult to reconcile what First Avenue looked like in that movie with what it is now. FESTAC town was the location of choice for many Nollywood movies in the ‘90s. If you want to see the glory days of FESTAC just go and watch Old Nollywood.

8 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Explores Fastac, Lagos: This Is What Fastac Look In 2024 (video) by Ezmans: 7:17pm On Jun 10
RemoveKebab:
they are like locust everywhere they go.
See what they destroyed angry
why you didn't bring your criminals lazy People there
Re: A Nairalander Explores Fastac, Lagos: This Is What Fastac Look In 2024 (video) by MrGerald(m): 7:18pm On Jun 10
Esama:
Very dirty people.
In real sense we know the real original dirty tribe, that there males and females are avoiding each other because of personal hygiene, ask Kemi O why she choose to remain single. You're pain because you can't afford rent there.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Explores Fastac, Lagos: This Is What Fastac Look In 2024 (video) by rickleye: 7:18pm On Jun 10
AirBay:
Is it FESTAC or FASTAC?

Let the dude breath now… he speaking phonetics

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here / The Deplorable State Of The Nigerian Embassy In Malaysia (see Photos) / Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.