Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,010 members, 7,942,632 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 01:42 PM

How Do You Handle A Company Not Cooperating In Releasing Letter Of Confirmation? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do You Handle A Company Not Cooperating In Releasing Letter Of Confirmation? (159 Views)

How Come The Banks Are Not Cooperating With The Early Payment Of Salaries? / Have You Encountered Such? How Did You Handle It? / How Do You Handle Being Shouted On At Work??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Handle A Company Not Cooperating In Releasing Letter Of Confirmation? by montanaguy(m): 4:55am On Jun 11
I tendered a letter of resignation to my former employer and it was accepted. My salary and pension contribution has stopped for 2 months now.

My company is not ready to issue letter of exit. They are making things difficult for me. I had to approach my PFA NLPC, to submit the necessary documents for the payment of my retirement benefits. I had to obtain sworn affidavit in replacement of letter of exit.

All documents have been submitted. Getting to 2 weeks now, NLPC had continued to tell me, they are still waiting for letter of confirmation from my former employer. They have written them to avail them with letter of confirmation, to confirm my employment status, if the company had remitted all my contributions, date of birth etc. The company has not responded. This is the excuse they have been giving me.

I emailed them and asked them, does it mean if my former company refuses to send them letter of confirmation, my retirement benefits will not be paid to me? How long will they continue to wait their response?

I asked them if they are aware that I am no longer on the payroll of my former company because, my pension contribution is no longer coming to them? How do they expect me to be surviving?

I decided to stop working to become self employed and my retirement benefits I had hoped on to start, has not been paid to me for 3 months now I left my job in the name of we are yet to receive a confirmation letter from your employer.

Pencom need to look into this. Somebody must have finished the retirement benefits he is expecting on debts and credits before having the money. If I wait till end of this week and NLPC is still telling the same story, I will have to contact Pencom to know their position on this and see other options I can explore to get my money. To deduct and pay to PFA is very simple. For PFA to invest and make profits on the money is very simple but, for the contributor to have his money paid it will become tug of war with bottlenecks here and there.
Re: How Do You Handle A Company Not Cooperating In Releasing Letter Of Confirmation? by LandMann: 8:19am On Jun 11
Get the email contact of top regulatory bodies in Nigeria like servicom, efcc and others and copy them in the email you send to your company... also make sure you copy your former hr, manager, director and other top people in your former company when writing the letter. Explain what has been happening in detail so that those who are just coming into the picture will understand what is happening... make sure to provide a timeline of events with dates if possible.

This is what I did to get my pension from one dubious company... Till date another company is owing me over 800,000 in unpaid salary and it's been almost a decade...by the time u add accumulated interest and compound it then you'll see how much it is.

Just do your research and get the contact of important government agencies that can pressure your employer to act and keep sending reminder mails, building on the original mail, every two days for two weeks till somebody responds

If they fail to respond then in your last reminder mail state that you'll be getting your lawyer to sue your former company as they've deliberately chosen to not act to resolve the issue

Then get a lawyer to write a letter to your former company, a physical letter... then your lawyer should also send the letter as an email to your former company and copy you and the other emails of regulatory agencies

Start today if you want to see results. No need to wait
Re: How Do You Handle A Company Not Cooperating In Releasing Letter Of Confirmation? by soccerlite: 4:50pm On Jun 11
Move to another PFA

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Paid In Dollars Offering “short-time” Remote Service In Nigeria. / A Front Desk Secretary Needed / Driver Urgently Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.