Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,150 members, 7,949,958 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 01:32 AM

If You Had All You Want And Need.....would You Need God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Had All You Want And Need.....would You Need God? (95 Views)

Do We Really Need God As Humans? / Six Important Reasons You Need God's Love. / Do Americans Need God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If You Had All You Want And Need.....would You Need God? by Iyaiboko: 11:47am On Jun 11
If you have all you want and need.....why would you need God?

Re: If You Had All You Want And Need.....would You Need God? by PulsingPurple(m): 12:52pm On Jun 11
Hello Good Afternoon,

I think the correct answer to your question will depend solely on perspectives.

Like what are the things I want and need?
Who decides? Who judges? At what point do I attain satisfaction?

From a normal world perspective, one may need a house, good loving family and the ability to provide for them (emotionally and financially, etc).
One might also step up his wants to add material stuff like a car, a specific type of job, etc.

For that person, you'd want to ask first,

Who is your God?
What is your God?
What will be your obligations to your God and
What will be your God's obligation to you?

Maybe his God can even be money (in this case, he'll still need his God. See?)

Let's say his God is the one we call Jehovah, Yahweh...
In this case, he'll need his God to guide him and directly him in different endeavors in life, he'll need to do the will of his Father.
Cos his God created him for a reason right?

To further the illustration, if his God is indeed Jehovah, it's impossible to have everything you want and need.
Cos it doesn't all end here, according to his God, one main purpose of being on Earth as a mortal is to prepare yourself for immortality, to prepare yourself for the true purpose humans were created for...
So in this case, to have everything you want and need means to have God.

Yes, that's a paradox.
Re: If You Had All You Want And Need.....would You Need God? by Bintabisiriyu2: 2:30pm On Jun 11
If i have everything i would just buy God and devil.
if i like someone i would send God to go and bless him small not more than me, but if someone offend me then i would send devil to go and visit him then do some freestyle on the person's body.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 12/06/2024 / SOLUTION ENCOUNTERS Episode 341 / The Nupe Globe Celebrates Eid-el- Kabir With Commander Irt Dc Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.