Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,730 members, 7,875,832 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:41 PM

1 Cup Of Beans Is Now N500 In My Area - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 1 Cup Of Beans Is Now N500 In My Area (2521 Views)

1 Cup Of Garri Is N300 In My Area, What About U? / How Much Is 1 Cup Of Rice In Your Area / Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1 Cup Of Beans Is Now N500 In My Area by Bobloco: 9:38pm On Jun 11
Yujin:
🎶 🎶 On his manhood they shall stand
On his manhood they shall stand
On his manhood...Bola
On his manhood...Bola
On his manhood they shall stand.

Sing along with me.

🎶 🎶 Asiwaju dey rule you, you go dey speak in tongues o
Mene mene bulaba, you dey speak in tongues
Asiwaju dey rule you, you go dey speak in tongues o
Mene mene bulaba, you dey speak in tongues
Cassava, garri, ewaaaa..... agbado, ewaaaa
Cassava, garri, ewaaaa..... you go dey speak in tongues.

They are now speaking in tongues 😝 😝 😝 😝
Cassava and garri, dey can't afford. Agbado is now out of their reach. Even ordinary ewa is now one cup N500. Everyone is now crying including the sophisticated self acclaimed 'first class citizens' with their cracked heels and tattered shirts. The suffering is just beginning. I have no single pity for them.
We will be covering their coward protest on the 12th of June to take pictures of their useless corpses after the terrorist army would have shot them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1 Cup Of Beans Is Now N500 In My Area by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:43pm On Jun 11
MightySparrow:
This is wickedness of Nigerians. I like this three - in - one Nescafe. In my area, a seller sells it ₦200 another ₦250, and a stone throw away, I bought it ₦170!

All these sellers are my church members.

Which is Tinubu's problem there.

We are just wicked!
Oga start the business and sell cheaper. This is a capitalist economy. Stop blaming innocent traders

2 Likes

Re: 1 Cup Of Beans Is Now N500 In My Area by blacknp(m): 10:14pm On Jun 11
Bintabisiriyu2:
This is just the beginning, by the time that cocaine bastard is done with una una go carry ghana must go take buy one cup of beans
Lazy Things will blame Tinubu for their own laziness, make President come plant beans for lazy beans stocks to come and wack cheap ewa?
Re: 1 Cup Of Beans Is Now N500 In My Area by blacknp(m): 10:15pm On Jun 11
drmuchin:
God punish every corn 🌽 DEMNED agbado urchin esp vulturebbqgriller and hell anus
Very funny, why you just dey abuse that your family member like that, na so e vex u?
Re: 1 Cup Of Beans Is Now N500 In My Area by MightySparrow: 10:28pm On Jun 11
SpecialAdviser:

Oga start the business and sell cheaper. This is a capitalist economy. Stop blaming innocent traders

Is that the reason a commodity is changing prices sporadically and they are blaming government?
Re: 1 Cup Of Beans Is Now N500 In My Area by nonhuman(m): 10:29pm On Jun 11
StarRiderr:
it's sickening when a Nigerian is referring a follow Nigerian as una(you people) that stupid mentality should seize to exist in our mind Nigeria belongs to all us No part or region of this Country is more Nigerian than other Nigerians all of us should put our collective effort in rescuing this country I'm not against any body's preferred candidate in last presidential election but election have come and gone but Nigeria is sinking right now we shouldn't kept on blaming each other while the country's totally collapsed
were they not warned that this would happen, it to late to cry bro, infact it was obvious only a fool would say he doesn't know that we would facethis problem if tinubu wins

1 Like

Re: 1 Cup Of Beans Is Now N500 In My Area by MightySparrow: 10:30pm On Jun 11
Bobloco:

So you mean Nigerians suddenly became wicked under Tinubu's calamitous regime

Is Tinubu the one fixing the prices?
Re: 1 Cup Of Beans Is Now N500 In My Area by MightySparrow: 10:31pm On Jun 11
BossGerald:

That's the beauty of competition and open market...nobody forced you to buy from them, you choose to buy #250 or #170.

Btw, what if the seller selling at #170 had old stock and you bought it knowing fully well that the price has increased and didn't bother to let him know?

Aren't you wicked

Why blaming government?
Re: 1 Cup Of Beans Is Now N500 In My Area by Madups(m): 10:38pm On Jun 11
Make una ask for the OT sofisticated first class citizens dey buy one cup 2h. See na true i dey yarn.. Una no know say na ewa agoin be their favourite delicacy again?
Re: 1 Cup Of Beans Is Now N500 In My Area by jumper524(m): 1:06am On Jun 12
Its 900 in my area.
Na like this yahoo boys take hike price of cloth till e hook everybody.
Make we dey enjoy the lie dey go with inflated pricing.
Re: 1 Cup Of Beans Is Now N500 In My Area by jumper524(m): 1:09am On Jun 12
MightySparrow:
This is wickedness of Nigerians. I like this three - in - one Nescafe. In my area, a seller sells it ₦200 another ₦250, and a stone throw away, I bought it ₦170!

We are just wicked!
there's this habit amongst Nigerians which has spread across the country as marketers are now taking advantage.
Yahoo boys would buy jeans 10k and start claiming 45k .
Now the jeans is officially expensive and nobody is hiking.
The pain of even buying original jeans for 30k is alarming already.
Sadly the trend has moved to food stuffs.
Beans sells for 2,500 pee modi yet this one say one cup is 500.
But we all know 10 cup per modu.
Make them dey lie dey go.
Re: 1 Cup Of Beans Is Now N500 In My Area by 1000Capacity: 1:22am On Jun 12
jumper524:
there's this habit amongst Nigerians which has spread across the country as marketers are now taking advantage.

Beans Is not 2500 anymore o. I went to buy yesterday, I couldn't afford it

1 Like

Re: 1 Cup Of Beans Is Now N500 In My Area by MightySparrow: 2:32am On Jun 12
jumper524:

You are right

1 Like

Re: 1 Cup Of Beans Is Now N500 In My Area by Bobloco: 4:05am On Jun 12
MightySparrow:

Is Tinubu the one fixing the prices?

Tinubu's calamitous economic policies are responsible. 

By thoughtlessly removing subsidies on fuel, the pump price of PMS moved from N185 per liter to over N800 per liter. Naturally, such an increase of over 400% will negatively impact the cost of transportation and energy.

By thoughtlessly floating the naira, which made the naira exchange for over N1500 to a dollar from N465 to a dollar where Buhari left it, 

And so many other thoughtless policies, like the increase in electricity tariffs, etc.

1 Like

Re: 1 Cup Of Beans Is Now N500 In My Area by Adaisback(f): 4:08am On Jun 12
Roger3D:
You're kidding right? I mean on a cup of beans being N500
he is right but not milk cup, I think they call it cigar cup
Re: 1 Cup Of Beans Is Now N500 In My Area by mrvitalis(m): 4:38am On Jun 12
Minime10:
The problem is never Tinubu, Nigerians are naturally wicked. They will always take advantage of the slightest opportunity to create artificial scarcity of goods and increase prices of the available ones and be shouting Tinubu this, and Tinubu that.
Like the OP said, most of these wicked people are the pretentious Churches and mosques attendees faithfuls.
I wanted to buy a cup of melon the other day, the first woman I had gone to her shop to buy told me 350 for one cup, I told her okay, let me buy pepper since she didn't have fresh one, so when I got to the next shop, like ten steps away from her's I ask after the same cup of melon, and I was told 300. And the woman that wanted to sell her's for 350 is even a Prophetess . So how is it Tinubu's problem that some Nigerians are just wicked
Where Nigerians not wicked when beans sold for 150 a cup?

Madam if you think u can sale beans for cheaper congrats u have seen a smart business

Only people who haven't done business before say this rubbish

You think a business can just increase price?

1 Like

Re: 1 Cup Of Beans Is Now N500 In My Area by press9jatv: 5:14am On Jun 12
Ejehkob:
What is your view in this new Nigeria under Tinubu's led government? Should we continue to watch things collapsing before our very eyes

Make una chook mouth for this matter abeg
it will increase more, we are in the economic recession
Re: 1 Cup Of Beans Is Now N500 In My Area by ResidentSnitch(f): 5:41am On Jun 12
[quote author=MightySparrow post=130424315]
Re: 1 Cup Of Beans Is Now N500 In My Area by ResidentSnitch(f): 5:44am On Jun 12
MightySparrow:

We are just wicked!

You? No be you again?
You go twist, dribble, wriggle and even foam in the mouth just to avoid blaming the Batman yet you still reek of raw pov*erty. Continue.
Re: 1 Cup Of Beans Is Now N500 In My Area by MightySparrow: 5:44am On Jun 12
Bobloco:

Tinubu's calamitous economic policies are responsible. 

By thoughtlessly removing subsidies on fuel, the pump price of PMS moved from N185 per liter to over N800 per liter. Naturally, such an increase of over 400% will negatively impact the cost of transportation and energy.

By thoughtlessly floating the naira, which made the naira exchange for over N1500 to a dollar from N465 to a dollar where Buhari left it, 

And so many other thoughtless policies, like the increase in electricity tariffs, etc.

I hope you really understand the reason for the removal. Buhari was going to leave office, May ending, he made provision in the budget till June ending. Why?

Secondly, government paid subsidy, up north, filling stations would not have fuel, black markets would. The fuel would be sold to black marketers at night. Later Jonathan introduced NNPC stations to curb the anomaly.

Have you thought of it? Subsidy was paid, the government recommended pump prices not followed. The sellers take extra money from masses, take subsidy from government.

It is better they take from one side alone: masses. The same thing is happening now in the price of commodities. Things are not as bad as what we make it. I have said it again and again, Nigeria does not have genuine problems. All our problems are man made.

I agree the timing for the subsidy removal was wrong, but it has to go!
I think this government is making sense. The former was printing money to run government. Government is run by productivity. Not money printing. It is against national economic principles of any nation.

How do you see it? A nation of our size and resources cannot feed ourselves. With expanse of cultivateable lands All over the nation with adequate rainfall, we are still hungry. We import toothpick from India, matches from China. I once read that there was a packaged egusi soup from India, haba!.

We have to start on the right track anyhow. Many of you people believe that Obi who have done better, maybe. But Nigerian's problems are not economy but what is not the economy to work.

The system needs overhauling. How can we have four refineries and none is working? They were once working. Itape iron producing industry, not working. Obasanjo claimed to have left 20 aircrafts in 1979, twenty years later, he returned to the same office twenty years later,no aircrafts, no refineries. All gone.

This time may be hard. I feel it myself. If it is regional government that this regime can achieve so that regionally, we hold our destinies in our hands, fine.

You and I should support to wrest our destinies from the hands of born - to -ruin people from the prodigal section. Economy will reset itself. The carelessness and carefree attitude in the section that ruined Nigeria for most times produced bandits, herdsmen, Boko Haram, corruption of heaven - daring magnitude.

Tinubu's policies, like Obasanjo will work. When Obasanjo took over, things were this bad. Really bad. His reforms produced a succour. Obi or Tinubu, none is better than the other. Nigeria is a crazy state, madness would be an added advantage to run it.

I believe Tinubu is on course. Whatever being the outcome of his tenure. If it leads to national protests, revolution, separation. Anything that will make Nigeria good is welcome.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1 Cup Of Beans Is Now N500 In My Area by Bobloco: 5:56am On Jun 12
MightySparrow:

I hope you really understand the reason for the removal. Buhari was going to leave office, May ending. He made provision in the budget till June ending. Why?

Secondly, government paid subsidy, up north, filling stations would not have fuel, black markets would. The fuel would be sold to black marketers at night. Later Jonathan introduced NNPC stations to curb the anomaly.

Have you thought of it? Subsidy was paid, the government recommended pump prices not followed. The sellers take extra money from masses, take subsidy from government.

It is better they take from one side alone: masses. The same thing is happening now in the price of commodities. Things are not as bad as what we make it. I have said it again and again, Nigeria does not have genuine problems. All our problems are man made.

I think this government is making sense. The former was printing money to run government. Government is run by productivity. Not money printing. It is against national economic principles of any nation.

How do you see if? A nation of our size and resources cannot feed ourselves. With expanse of cultivateable lands, we are still hungry. We import toothpick from India, matches from China. I once read that there was a packaged egusi soup from India, haba!.

We have to start on the right track anyhow. Many of you people believe that Obi who have done better, maybe. But Nigerian's problems are not economy but what is not the economy to work.

The system needs overhauling. How can we have four refineries and none is working? They were once working. Itape iron producing industry, not working. Obasanjo claimed to have left 20 aircrafts in 1979, twenty years later, he returned to the same office. No aircrafts, no refineries. All gone.

This time may be hard. I feel it myself. If it is regional government that this regime can achieve so that regionally, we hold our destinies in our hands, fine.

You and I should support to wrest our destinies from the hands of born - to -ruin people from the prodigal section. Economy will reset itself. The carelessness and carefree attitude in the section that ruined Nigeria for most times produced bandits, herdsmen, Boko Haram, corruption of God - daring magnitude.

Tinubu's policies, like Obasanjo will work. When Obasanjo took over, things were this bad. Really bad. His reforms produced a succour. Obi or Tinubu, none is better than the other. Nigeria is a crazy state, madness would be an added advantage to run it.

I believe Tinubu is on course. Whatever being the outcome of his tenure. If it leads to national protests, revolution, separation. Anything that will make Nigeria good is welcome.

I understand your point.

But don't make it look like Nigeria would have collapsed if subsidies on fuel weren't removed.

If Buhari were still president, the price of fuel wouldn't have been as high as it is at the moment, and the cost of goods and services wouldn't be this high either, including the inflation rate, exchange rate, etc.

Tinubu's cluelessness and incompetence brought this upon us, and I don't believe that any other president would have been worse.
Re: 1 Cup Of Beans Is Now N500 In My Area by MightySparrow: 6:00am On Jun 12
ResidentSnitch:

You? No be you again?
You go twist, dribble, wriggle and even foam in the mouth just to avoid blaming the Batman yet you still reek of raw pov*erty. Continue.

Look at my analysis. In the same street, three prices. The highest minus the lowest has ₦80 Naira difference. From which markets do these retailers get their wares?.I live in Benin. Benin to Lagos ₦10,000, ₦15,000 down the same road about one metre ₦5,000. You want to tell me that all these transporters don't make gains? All commercial vehicles!
See, I don't think things are as bad as we make it. It is like a patient with malaria asked to pay money equivalent to that of heart surgery!

Let Nigerians themselves be honest. We are not.
Re: 1 Cup Of Beans Is Now N500 In My Area by MightySparrow: 6:01am On Jun 12
Bobloco:

I understand your point.

But don't make it look like Nigeria would have collapsed if subsidies on fuel weren't removed.

If Buhari were still president, the price of fuel wouldn't have been as high as it is at the moment, and the cost of goods and services wouldn't be this high either, including the inflation rate, exchange rate, etc.

Tinubu's cluelessness and incompetence brought this upon us, and I don't believe that any other president would have been worse. 

I like your point. Different people with different approaches to issues. My own take is that let us deal with the root cause. Let assume this problem will be shortlived as the president promised. Another incompetent fellow from the other side will take us several steps backwards for another eight years. This swing in leadership styles is the real problem. If Tinubu bad followed Obasanjo or jonathan, things would be different. See the continuity in Lagos. Lagos since Tinubu. Imagine the north alone ruling, Imagine the south alone ruling? Imagine the regions ruling.

We can see the achievements and healthy competition in the time of regional government.

We have only political problems not economic.
Re: 1 Cup Of Beans Is Now N500 In My Area by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:10am On Jun 12
MightySparrow:

Is that the reason a commodity is changing prices sporadically and they are blaming government?
Yes. This is not the only government we have had. Your comment shows you have zero knowledge of economics. Why are companies parking up and leaving Nigeria?

The seller also expect to get his transport back home, his money for buying food, pay bills and other commodities from the business. You think doing business is easy? Why are some shops closing down? This is a capitalist economy dear. Don't ever blame traders. Except for some trade unions fixing prices which do not even influence street traders. As a buyer you have multiple options where to buy from. Those traders are not the product manufacturers. The people selling cheap are simply selling old stocks. That is why when you go back, their prices will change after some time.

In this hyper inflation era, my advice is that you price many locations before buying. Some traders who lack latest information will mistakenly give you at a cheaper price. That is why you cannot succeed on that with those Igbo traders. They are always making calls. And that is why they are more successful in the business. When you do business you will understand why some shops close down all of a sudden especially in a hyper inflation era like this.
Re: 1 Cup Of Beans Is Now N500 In My Area by WakeUpNigerians: 6:10am On Jun 12
MightySparrow:

I hope you really understand the reason for the removal. Buhari was going to leave office, May ending, he made provision in the budget till June ending. Why?

How do you see it? A nation of our size and resources cannot feed ourselves. With expanse of cultivateable lands All over the nation with adequate rainfall, we are still hungry. We import toothpick from India, matches from China. I once read that there was a packaged egusi soup from India, haba!.

The system needs overhauling. How can we have four refineries and none is working? They were once working. Itape iron producing industry, not working. Obasanjo claimed to have left 20 aircrafts in 1979, twenty years later, he returned to the same office twenty years later,no aircrafts, no refineries. All gone.

You and I should support to wrest our destinies from the hands of born - to -ruin people from the prodigal section. Economy will reset itself. The carelessness and carefree attitude in the section that ruined Nigeria for most times produced bandits, herdsmen, Boko Haram, corruption of heaven - daring magnitude.

You mean you type these lies to defend Tinubu!

Your problem is follow-come!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1 Cup Of Beans Is Now N500 In My Area by MightySparrow: 6:26am On Jun 12
WakeUpNigerians:

You mean you type these lies to defend Tinubu!

Your problem is follow-come!

Which lies? I don't know how old you are. I was working with school certificate during Buhari - Idiagbon regime. I have witnessed all sorts of leaders in the short time I have lived.
So what are you saying?
Re: 1 Cup Of Beans Is Now N500 In My Area by MightySparrow: 6:56am On Jun 12
SpecialAdviser:

Yes. This is not the only government we have had. Your comment shows you have zero knowledge of economics. Why are companies parking up and leaving Nigeria?

The seller also expect to get his transport back home, his money for buying food, pay bills and other commodities from the business. You think doing business is easy? Why are some shops closing down? This is a capitalist economy dear. Don't ever blame traders. Except for some trade unions fixing prices which do not even influence street traders. As a buyer you have multiple options where to buy from. Those traders are not the product manufacturers. The people selling cheap are simply selling old stocks. That is why when you go back, their prices will change after some time.

In this hyper inflation era, my advice is that you price many locations before buying. Some traders who lack latest information will mistakenly give you at a cheaper price. That is why you cannot succeed on that with those Igbo traders. They are always making calls. And that is why they are more successful in the business. When you do business you will understand why some shops close down all of a sudden especially in a hyper inflation era like this.

Your knowledge of economics is super
. How many companies have left Nigeria before 2023? What drove them away? Tinubu's one year drive Unilever, Michelin, Berec Battery, Cardbury, Shell etc. Tinubu one year sends farmers away from their farms, established banditry, Boko Haram etc.

Abeg, wẹ must look inwards and solve our problems. Why do we need to bring rice from China? Even our own ofada rice with pebbles was more expensive than imported polished rice. grin.

We need a home grown economy. Imagine having twenty refineries in Nigeria. Government and private owned. See my own ignorance of economics. You dug oil from the wells at cost C1, transport the same abroad at a cost C2, refine it at a cost C3, transport it back to Nigeria at a cost C4, sold to masses at a cost C5.

So at the outlet. C5 +profit5)= (cost1 + profit1) + (cost2 profit1) + (cost3 + profit3) + (cost 4 +profit4).

I am an engineer by training and know nothing about economics.grin

But profit 5 at the final outlet would be

P5 = P1 + P2 + P3 + P4.

This is why I am in support of Tinubu's policy and Buhari ban on importation of rice and frozen foods.

If we cannot feed ourselves, let us prepare to die of hunger. If we cannot refine our fuel as an oil producing nation, let us go back to be using ode eshi, horses, donkeys, camels. If we cannot produce our own vehicles, with the thousands of engineering graduates produced every year let us all face the music.

From my post, you can guess my position on this matter.
Tinubu is a whip from God to teach us sense.

Ebi a kọ were lógbón.
If you don't understand, ask the fellow belowgrin
Re: 1 Cup Of Beans Is Now N500 In My Area by Treasure17(m): 7:16am On Jun 12
Anguldi:

Lemme relocate to Lagos oOoOO
Don't come. We are trying to decongest Lagos self.
Re: 1 Cup Of Beans Is Now N500 In My Area by press9jatv: 7:29am On Jun 12
MightySparrow:

when the LG that food is been produced isn’t working, forget it Nigeria is gone. The governors are part of major problems in Nigeria 🇳🇬. Too much power on them.
Re: 1 Cup Of Beans Is Now N500 In My Area by omoharry(f): 7:31am On Jun 12
Welcome to Agbado government
Re: 1 Cup Of Beans Is Now N500 In My Area by MightySparrow: 7:35am On Jun 12
press9jatv:
when the LG that food is been produced isn’t working, forget it Nigeria is gone. The governors are part of major problems in Nigeria 🇳🇬. Too much power on them.

You get it my brother.

See the case which CJ takes to the Supreme Court that is, FG vs State government on allocation disbursement. It is a smart move. If the thing is routed through the legislative houses, it will never see the light of the day.

This is the government we need for now. A little madness, added advantage to put Nigeria straight.
Re: 1 Cup Of Beans Is Now N500 In My Area by Villa12(m): 7:35am On Jun 12
Roger3D:
You're kidding right? I mean on a cup of beans being N500
it is #400 in my area

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Outrageous Cooking Gas Price In Owerri. / Order Ur Unique, Affordable, And Beautiful Cakes For All Occasions / You Love Garri But Afraid Of Lassa...check This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.