Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,362 members, 7,920,363 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 04:45 AM

OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session - Education (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session (460323 Views)

Uniben 2012/2013 Session Admission Thread / Oau Admission For The Year 2011/2012 Part 2 / OAU Admission For The Year 2011/2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (420) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by godstino(m): 6:30pm On Nov 15, 2012
on a serious note, i wont advice even my enemy to choose OAU cos she is damn frustrating..

3 Likes

Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by jayjam(m): 10:02pm On Nov 15, 2012
@oau originals here,when do we expect the full adm.list.i scored d nided mark 4 my cos,bt jamb cudnt upload my status cos futa had alrdy given me 1 whch was placed on d jambsite.@Olaisababs had prev.allayed my fear over any exclusion in d list citing d 'pas d cut off nd get admitd'clause,bt am stil jittery over d delay.I love OAU

Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Calebsworld(m): 7:14am On Nov 16, 2012
jayjam: @oau originals here,when do we expect the full adm.list.i scored d nided mark 4 my cos,bt jamb cudnt upload my status cos futa had alrdy given me 1 whch was placed on d jambsite.@Olaisababs had prev.allayed my fear over any exclusion in d list citing d 'pas d cut off nd get admitd'clause,bt am stil jittery over d delay.I love OAU
goodmorning bro,am in the same shoe as urs,av u accepted FUTA addmission offer?.
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Idacrux: 7:14am On Nov 16, 2012
I still then when oau fustrated me....chai but afterall i ended up in UNN guys keep the hope alive God will make a way when there is no way only if u believe God for that.one luv!!

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Idacrux: 7:14am On Nov 16, 2012
I still remember then when oau fustrated me....chai but afterall i ended up in UNN guys keep the hope alive God will make a way when there is no way only if u believe God for that.one luv!!
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Calebsworld(m): 7:16am On Nov 16, 2012
Idacrux: I still remember then when oau fustrated me....chai but afterall i ended up in UNN guys keep the hope alive God will make a way when there is no way only if u believe God for that.one luv!!
congrats bro,u are now a great LION.
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by godstino(m): 8:28am On Nov 16, 2012
imagin staying @home till march...all my frends have done clearance..
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by jayjagz: 9:01am On Nov 16, 2012
[ winkquote author=olaisababs]@all law aspirants,God is in control.just pray.hello guys[/quote]Guy, are you a foolish? That's how you've been deceive us....

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 16, 2012
For dudes like godstino, have this..........

Faculty of Clinical Sciences is one of the three faculties in the College of Health Sciences, which is an offshoot of the former Faculty of Health Science. The then Faculty of Health Sciences came into existence at the Obafemi Awolowo University (the then University of Ife) in 1970 following a demand by the then Western State Government that a Medical School be created in the State. At its conception, the major objectives of the former Faculty of Health Sciences was to offer medical education, services to the community and carry out research in many areas of Health Science. These objectives are still valid today as ever even in the present Faculty of Clinical Sciences, which formed a major pillar of the College. The former Faculty of Health Sciences admitted its foundation students in 1971 and produced her first set of medical graduates in 1978 and till date, has produced more than 2000 Doctors.

OBJECTIVES

The specific Objectives of the Institute are to:

(a) Serve as a Centre for collaborative and multi-disciplinary health research; solicit and attract support for essential public health research;

(b) Render public health services as may be required of the Institute by the College, the University and the Community;

(c) organize training courses, seminars, workshops, conferences and symposia, in various aspects of public health, for health workers; health administrators; health policy makers as demanded by governmental and non-governmental organizations, nationally and as a means of promoting health;

(d) Organize other collaborative health programme in the areas of research, service and training with interested agencies in and outside the country;

(e) Provide a forum for maximizing human and material- resources for health research, within the College, in particular and the University in general; coordinates all the health-related outreach programmes of the College.

DEPARTMENTS

Her student population is about 1000, and consists of ten Departments, namely:

Department of Anaesthesia
Department of Community Health
Department of Dermatology and Venerology
Department of Medicine
Department of Mental Health
Department of Obstetrics, Gynaecology & Perinatology
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health
Department of Radiology
Department of Surgery

STAFF
Click this Link to see the Staff List >>>>

PROGRAM

Service Programmes

The Faculty of Clinical Sciences has a strong curriculum based on excellence in medical education, which emphasized the training of Medical students who are well grounded and exposed to function maximally as Doctors in any medical institutions anywhere in the world after graduation.

The former Faculty of Health Sciences, which was established in 1970, became the College of Health Sciences in 1992 and was restructured into three Faculties and these are the Faculty of Clinical Sciences, the Faculty of Dentistry and the Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences. Students admitted for Medicine are normally received through the Faculty of Science where they are taught basic sciences in Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Use of English for one year or admitted directly into the Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences with three Advanced Level papers not less than Credit Grades in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Students are taught basic medical sciences for two years in Pathology, Physiology, Biochemistry and Anatomy, after which successful candidates are sent to the Faculty of Clinical Sciences where they rotate for three years in Medicine, Surgery, Medical and Surgical specialities, Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, and Community Health with the successful students bagging M.B.Ch.B degree at the end of three years’ rotation. In the former Faculty of Health Sciences, it was the norm to have a B.Sc. (Bachelor of Science) in Health Science before proceeding to the Clinicals; but following reversion to the traditional approach to medical education in 1980 as opposed to the initial concept of integrated approach. The B.Sc. degree was scrapped in 1979.

The Faculty of Clinical Sciences provides primarily clinical training for medical students in their fourth to sixth years.

THE M.B.Ch.B. DEGREE PROGRAMME

GENERAL REGULATIONS
Admission Requirements:
1. The minimum requirements for admission to courses leading to MB.ChB degree are those for entry into the Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife except that the qualifying subjects must include credits in Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Zoology, Mathematics and English Language in the West African School Certificate of Education (WASCE) or National Examination Council (NECO); and desirable that all the subjects are taken and passed at not more than one sitting.
2. Candidates may be considered for admission into Part I MB.ChB degree programme after passing the prerequisite subjects (English Language, Biology, Chemistry and Physics) at the required level in the University Matriculation Examination (UME) of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) or any other examination that the university senate may approve for the purpose.
3. No candidate who is admitted into the Year I (pre-professional) programme may proceed to Year II of the MB.ChB degree programme until he has passed the pre-professional year program in its entirety. A candidate who spends more than two academic sessions in the Year I (100 level) on ground of poor academic performance shall not be allowed to continue with MB.ChB programme.
4. Candidates seeking direct admission into Year II of the MB.ChB degree programme must satisfy the matriculation requirements of the University, and must, in addition, have good Advanced Level passes in the subjects of Chemistry, Physics, and Biology (or Zoology) in the General Certificate of Education, in not more than one sitting; or must have qualifications that the Academic Board of College of Health Sciences has assessed to be equivalent. Candidate with first or second class degree in the Biological Sciences from a recognized university may also be admitted directly into the Year II MB.ChB degree programme. An interview for admission may be required.
4. Admission of Dental (B.Ch.D) Graduates into the MB.ChB Programme:
i. Graduates of the Faculty of Dentistry, College of Health Sciences, Obafemi Awolowo University with the B.Ch.D degree will be given admission priority
ii. (a). The College Admission Committee will consider graduates of Dentistry from any other university with similar programme to that of Obafemi Awolowo University
(b). Admission will be determined based on the transcript of the graduates in ii. (a) above.
iii. The College Admission Committee shall adjudge candidates in i. and ii. above capable of completing the training. Only candidates whose averages scores are 55 percent and above will be given admission.
SUMMARY OF COURSE CONTENT OF COURSES:
MB.ChB. Programme

During the “preliminary” year, the student receives instructions mainly from the Faculty of Science (Details in the Faculty Handbook). The program of instructions for this year is designed to:

Provide relevant scientific knowledge in Chemistry, Biology and Physics to enable the student to understand human anatomy, embryology, physiology, biochemistry, sociology, etc and to help him acquire the scientific method for the analysis and solution of problems;
Equip the student with adequate communication skills in the English Language;
Initiate the continuing acquisition by the student of knowledge about physical, biological and socio-cultural factors that determine the pattern and presentation of health problems.

The professional degree programme lasts five academic years after the pre-professional year. It is described under three phases.

CLI.210: Human Anatomy - 2 0.4 (3 units)
This course includes basic and gross anatomy of the normal human body. The gross anatomy consists of structural organization of the human body from the cell to the systems and will emphasize the parameters of normal structure in correlation with functions. Normal structural relationships in human body, variations and congenital malformations shall be emphasized. The evolution, differentiation and development of the organ systems shall be discussed.

CLI 213: Human Anatomy 1 2-1-3 (4 units)
This course examines the body as a whole; basic anatomical terminology, general organization of the body which include cell structure, structure of membranes, fundamental body tissues, organs and glands. It covers the digestive system, nutrition and food metabolism. The musculo-skeletal and the gastrointestinal systems. All human anatomy courses shall be taught using the systemic approach and not the regional
approach.

CLI 214: Human Anatomy II 2-1-3 (4 units)
The course covers the integumentary system that maintain, integrate and control body functions. The course also covers the cardiopulmonary and immune system, digestive systems, nutrition and metabolism. Others aspects to be covered include the endocrine system, the reproductive system, the sensory organs as well as the anatomy of the urinary system. It also covers nervous systems of human body.

CLI 220: Medical Biochemistry 2 0 2 (3 units)
Students learn atomic and molecular structure (isotopes in Biochemistry), states of matter; water and solutions. All Base relationships; electrolytes, pH and buffers, Biochemical energetic to include redox potential cell and respiration. Biochemical composition of bone, equilibrium, enzymes, kinetics, photometry, call structure (biochemical point of view) carbohydrate classification, chemistry and metabolism. Alternative pathway for glucose metabolism, Lipids: classification and metabolism; Amino acids; Classification and chemistry Protein, Classification and properties.
Metabolic biosynthesis, cellular and molecular biology of muscle nucleic acid and component. Chemistry and biosynthesis. Genes regulation, vitamins and coenzymes. Electron transport and oxidation phosphorylation, metabolic regulation, hormones, cellular and molecular neurotransmitters and synaptic response.

CLI 221 Physiological and Pathological Chemistry 1 2-0-3 (3 units):
Course deals with chemistry of important biological compounds stressing biogenesis and reaction mechanisms and structure chemistry.

CLI 222 Physiological and Pathological Chemistry II 2-0-3 (3 units)
The course focuses on physical concepts applied to the study of bio molecules; configuration of bio molecules; purine, pyridine, nucleoside, nucleotide, nucleic acid with specials reference to their roles in biological processes.

CLI 230 Physiology 2 0 3 (3 units)
The function and integration of the various systems of the human body the cardiovascular, digestive, nervous, respiratory, renal and reproductive systems, modern concepts of homeostasis and feedback control system, exercise physiology,. Presentations are intended to provide a proper foundation for the understanding of disease, with its concomitant abnormal physiology.

CLI 233 Human Physiology 1 2-1-3 (4 units)
This course covers the functions of the components of the cells, tissues, organs and glands in the body. It also covers the functions of the integumentary system, the moving body and the system that maintain, integrate and control body functions., It also covers the functions of the circulatory system, process of digestive system, nutrition and metabolism

CLI 234 Human Physiology II 2-1-3 (4 units)
These cover the physiology of the endocrine, reproductive and urinary systems . Others include physiology of the nervous system and sensation, physiology of the musculo-skeletal system and the sensory organs.

CLI 240 Biostatistics 2 0 2 (3 units)
This course is intended to provide an understanding of numerical methods in biomedicine, definition of statistical terms and notations, data collection and presentation, measures of central tendency of dispersion; probability and distributions, test of hypothesis, correlation analysis, regression analysis of variance.

CLI 310: Human Anatomy (head and neck) 2 0 4 (3 units)
This course is a continuation of gross anatomy of the human body, started from Part II. However, more emphasis is now placed on the Head and Neck in relation to the rest of the human body.

CLI 330 Pharmacology 2 0 2 (3 units)
This is a Pharmacology course which introduces the student to the basic principles of drug action, the current major therapeutic drugs and their action on cells, tissues and the various organ system; fate of drugs, site of action; mechanisms of drug action and toxicity.

CLI 400 Integrated Lecture Series

A series of lectures and demonstrations aimed at reviewing the basic anatomy, physiology and biochemistry of the body systems, in health and in disease. The various approaches to the management of various congenital, infective, metabolic, neoplastic, degenerative and traumatic disorders of the body systems will also be dealt withy.
CLI 420 Introduction to the Principles of Medical Practice

(a) Medicine:
This course is offered in the first clinical year. Students are taught (i) the arts and science of collecting the clinical data-base, namely a clinical history and physical examination, diagnosis and management of internal medical problems, (ii) how to perform simple side laboratory examination on the sputum, urine, stool and blood and (iii) the student learns to conduct himself/herself in a manner proper for the practice of medicine.

(b) Surgery
This is an introductory posting for the students, where they will be exposed to principle of clinical diagnosis and management for surgical problems. They will be attached to surgical wards as junior clerks, with active participation in routine examinations, diagnosis and management of all sorts of surgical cases. The students will be taught the art of good history taking on model patients, elicitation of physical signs, interpretation of laboratory and radiological investigations to arrive at clinical diagnosis.

(c) Primary Care and Environmental Health
This course is offered to teach the student in the diagnosis of disease states commonly encountered in the primary health care centers (Health Centers, etc). The student will be taught how to take relevant history and perform examination of patients with these diseased states. Emphasis will be laid on communicable diseases. The student will be taught the importance of healthy environment in the prevention of the diseases state like cholera, typhoid, tetanus, etc.
CLI 430 Human Pathology

This is a course that consists of instruction in morbid anatomy, haematology and blood transfusion, medical microbiology and Parasitology, and in chemical pathology. The course starts with a four-week introductory block posting, followed by clinical rotation through the various sub-disciplines.
The course covers general pathology, the special pathology and morbid anatomy of the various systems, the bacteriology and virology of infective diseases, Parasitology and medical entomology, and the phenomena of resistance and immunity. Instructions in haematology deal with the special pathology of the diseases of blood, and the diagnostic methods used in their recognition,. The applications of biochemistry in clinical medicine are also covered.
Teaching modalities are by lectures, demonstrations, practical classes. Each student will be required to perform not less than six post-mortem examination.
CLI 501 (A) Gynecology

This rotation is a clinical posting. It consists of lectures, conferences, seminars and intensive clinical exposure in the areas of Office Gynecology, Family Planning, Infertility, Gynaecologic Endocrinology and Oncology
Upon completion of the course the student should be able to handle routine office gynaecological problems, including Family Planning. He should be able to come up with intelligent assessment of infertile couples, as well as show an appreciation of problems in Oncology. He should be able to demonstrate familiarity with simple gynaecological procedures.
CLI 501(B) Obstetrics

This rotation is the principal clinical exposure of the student to the broad fields of Obstetrics and Maternal Foetal Medicine. The course consists of lectures, conferences, seminars and intensive clinical exposure. The student is regarded as an “Assistant House Officer” during this rotation. Upon completion of the course he should be able to make a reasonable disposition of a High Risk pregnant patient in the clinic, perform an uncomplicated delivery with episiotomy, assist intelligently in operative obstetrics, and show by demonstration and discussion, a fair understanding of the problems in Obstetrics.
CLI 502 Paediatrics and Child Health

This course, offered to clinical students, uses a mixture of practical bedside teaching, didactic lectures, seminars, clinical conferences and rounds to present a well-rounded picture of the discipline of Paediatrics. Generally students are expected to the four main service areas of paediatrics, viz. the neonatal unit, the paediatric in-patient units, the general paediatric outpatient and the specialty out-patient units.
The student learns, by supervised participation in the activities in these areas, to take a good history, perform a good physical examination, order appropriate laboratory therapeutic measures. Among areas of paediatrics covered in didactic lectures, seminars and teaching rounds are growth and development, neonatology, nutrition, metabolic and endocrinology, cardiology, gastroenterology etc.
Most importantly the student learns to recognize the central role of the human spirit in his approach to physical and mental derangements of children. He learns to approach his Patients and their parents humanely recognizing that the environment and child mutually affect each other sometimes positively, frequently negatively.
CLI 503 Anaesthesia

This is an intensive clinical posting. It is a full-time posting as junior House Officers in routine anaesthesia. This includes active participation in preoperative management, patient/doctor relationship with regards to surgery and anaesthesia. Further the understanding of different types of anaesthetic machines, drugs and resuscitating equipments will be taught. They will be exposed to different types of anaesthesia, the management and eventual complications.
CLI 504 Orthopaedics, Trauma, Accident and Emergency

This is an intensive comprehensive posting in trauma, accident and emergency service and musculo-skeletal diseases. There will also be practical instruction in physical rehabilitation of the injured, orthopaedic and postoperative conditions and recovery.
The student will be exposed to teaching, learning, service and research experience by direct involvement in the study, investigation, evaluation, clinical management and follow up of cases of:

Musculo-skeletal diseases and deformities
Trauma
Accident and Emergency

CLI 505 Ear, Nose and Throat Diseases

Students (in small groups join ENT consultant or registrar in the future) in clinical work in Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex. The training programmed is based on the knowledge appropriate to lecture-course, practical and clinical demonstrations. Students work together with ENT specialist in ENT clinic, surgical wards concerning ENT cases, operating theatres and additional laboratories as audiometry, balance organ testing rooms, etc. In addition there are tutorials and seminars concerning selected ENT problems.
CLI 506 Ophthalmology

This is a clinical posting involving ophthalmoscopy, tonometry, refraction, ophthalmic case taking, biplopia-charting cover test, corneal ulcer staining and use of Loupe-Binocular and Unilocular microscopy. During this period the student is thoroughly exposed to diagnosis, management of various disease states such as detached retina, hypertension, diabetes, mellitus, central retinal artery occlusion, and vein thrombosis and papilloedema.
CLI 507 Radiology

The clinical posting is designed to emphasize the relevance of radiology in all aspects of clinical medical practice. The posting will thoroughly expose the student to adequate radiological interpretation in situations which is involve the chest, heart and great vessels, trauma, intrathoracic and intraabdominal areas, gastrointestinal systems, urinary tract, osteology and arterial and venous systems. Radiology in paediatrics, obstetrics and gynaecology is also emphasized.
CLI 508 Mental Health

This course provides learning experience for students in the clinical care of patients with psychiatric and psychological problems. Knowledge, clinical skills, and professional attitude will be taught to an extent commensurable with the minimum level of expertise expected from the student on qualifying as a doctor. Thus the student is expected to learn enough to equip him to function satisfactorily, in the type of setting he will most likely be required to serve in Nigeria (i.e. primary and secondary level types of health care delivery institution) in the early stages of his career, and upon which he can build in order to improve himself professionally.
CLI 509 Dermatology and Venereology

During their clinical posting in the Dermatology and Venereology Unit, the students shall be taught how to put to practice their already acquired skill on history taking and physical examination, but now relating to patients with dermatological, venereological and other allergic conditions. They shall learn how to describe skin eflorescences using appropriate terminologies. They shall be taught how to perform simple diagnostic procedures as practiced in dermatology practices such as taking of skin snip, skin scrapings for culture, skin biopsies, smears, and allegro-diagnostic procedures, and how to interpret the results of such procedures. They shall be taught how to manage simple specified dermatological conditions both on ambulatory basis as well as on an in-patient basis.

CLI 511 Clinical Pharmacology
This is a 2-unit course run by the Department of Medicine, Faculty of Clinical Sciences for Part V (final year) Pharmacy students. The course covers the clinical effects of drugs, mechanisms of their therapeutic effects and new drugs are developed. The various categories of therapeutic agents used for treatment of diseases affecting all the systems of the body are also taught. Thus the student is expected to know the effect of drugs on the body systems and to be aware of their potential adverse reactions and interactions.

CLI 414 Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics:
This will be for a 12-week duration of lectures with a total time allocation of 60 hours with practicals and demonstrations. Time for lectures will be Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. daily. During the period of lectures and seminars, students will be given specific topics to write on and submit bound copies as term papers for grading at the end of the posting. Practicals and demonstrations will be held once a week at 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. during the first 10 weeks of the posting (as soon as the Clinical Pharmacological Laboratory is set up).
CLI 601 Community Health and Nutrition

The course covers a period of eight weeks. The posting in community health puts emphasis on primary care, family health, communicable diseases, control and administration of health services.
During the period, the student will be expected to participate actively in the delivery of primary care within the community. They will assist the other members of the health team in:
(a) Antenatal and post-natal clinics
(b) Immunization clinics
(c) School health clinics and delivery of
(d) Simple operative services as may be demanded by the people within the community
(e) Deliveries at the rural health centers, and
(f) Visits to the homes of selected patients attending the clinics
(g) Nutritional; rehabilitation clinics
(h) Administration of health services including rural health service
(i) Communicable diseases control and
(j) Occupational health

In addition students are expected to undertake a project during this posting:
(a) Introductory lectures
(b) Seminar sessions
(c) Field postings in rotation
(d) Project and dissertation
(e) Presentation of dissertation
(f) Evaluation and lend of posting examination

During this posting, the final year medical student in this posting are guided in the application of the principles of community health learnt in early years, to solve health problems.
CLI 602 Internal Medicine

This course will emphasize the pathophysiology of diseases and their management, different investigations indicated in diseases of different organ systems and interpretations of results so obtained. The rationale for all therapy instituted on the patient will be emphasized. The students will be trained in simple techniques of venepuncture, spinal puncture, thoracentesis, proctoscopy, sigmoidoscopy, urethral catheterization, Naso-gastric and Naso-pharyngeal intubations, their indications, contraindications, and interpretation of any data obtained form the spinal fluid examination and from thoracocentesis. Emphasis at this level of training will be laid on the common diseases that our students and doctors are most likely to encounter.
CLI 603 Surgery

Students on the surgical units for this posting will be given bedside instruction on pre and post-operative care of individual surgical cases.
Teaching of surgical procedures and accurate diagnosis will be affected. Routine ward work like venepuncture, i.v. fluid set-up, insertion of nasogastric tube and Foley catheter will be learned by the students. An attitude of continuous self-education will be inculcated in the student; as will a critical attitude in the collection and analysis of his won data.
CLI 604 General Outpatient

This course of posting is stated for the final year. Students are to rotate through general outpatient department of the parent teaching hospital. Affords the students to see the cases as they come directly from their homes.
CLI 605 Elective Posting

This course affords the students the opportunity of rotating through any of the clinical areas of his interest. The posting can be done in and hospital recognized for pre-registration house jobs.
CLI 606 Forensic Medicine

This course aims to introduce the student to the legal aspects of medical practice, to toxicology and forensic pathology. The student will learn to write succinct medico-legal reports. Lecture-demonstrations will be given to enable the student learn how to diagnose deaths from violence, asphyxia forms, and other causes; how to examine persons alleged to be under the influence of alcohol or persons alleged to have committed crimes but are mentally insane acquire knowledge of the rules of evidence and the procedures in the various courts in the land as it affects doctors as expert witnesses.
This course of L/D is given in the final year in the afternoon (3-6 p.m.) during the community health posting. One compulsory question in the subject will be included in community health paper of the final professional examination.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by olaisababs(m): 11:23am On Nov 16, 2012
@jayjagz,baba the law.aw far na?
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by blueface1(f): 1:42pm On Nov 16, 2012
Anything on Direct Entry for 2012/2013 session. is the admission list for that out.
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by godstino(m): 2:56pm On Nov 16, 2012
@dr bode...tanz...the write-up was very help and it answered some of my questions...but according to part of it, does it mean a dental surgeon can be re-admitted to do the clinicals to earn the MBBS degree?
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 16, 2012
@godstino Firstly, there are differences between a Dentist and an Oral Surgeon. Dentists can remove the teeth and perform surgeries on a small scale, they are not trained intensely as Oral Surgeons. Oral Surgeons are trained rigoursly and are capable of conducting very intricate procedures on the mouth and face. I THINK to become an Oral Surgeon, you have to get a full medical degree and post grad Surgery training.
To your question>> ACCORDING TO THE POST, when you bag in your B.Ch.D (as a dentist), you can be re-admitted into the faculty of clinical sciences (i.e if you want to become an Oral surgeon). I THINK you'll be in the department of orthopedic surgery. To me, Oral surgeons are orthopedic doctors of the face who perform surgeries in the Emergency room.
And Abeg commot the 'dr' for ma name. Just Bode!

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Oluwatobi09(m): 7:04pm On Nov 16, 2012
Join us Jesus world to share God's word together by liking this page www.facebook.com/Jesusworld09.
God bless you!

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by godstino(m): 7:20pm On Nov 16, 2012
Dr_Bode: @godstino Firstly, there are differences between a Dentist and an Oral Surgeon. Dentists can remove the teeth and perform surgeries on a small scale, they are not trained intensely as Oral Surgeons. Oral Surgeons are trained rigoursly and are capable of conducting very intricate procedures on the mouth and face. I THINK to become an Oral Surgeon, you have to get a full medical degree and post grad Surgery training.
To your question>> ACCORDING TO THE POST, when you bag in your B.Ch.D (as a dentist), you can be re-admitted into the faculty of clinical sciences (i.e if you want to become an Oral surgeon). I THINK you'll be in the department of orthopedic surgery. To me, Oral surgeons are orthopedic doctors of the face who perform surgeries in the Emergency room.
And Abeg commot the 'dr' for ma name. Just Bode!
thanks doc, ur tips have been more than useful..
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Dubemkelly(m): 3:00pm On Nov 17, 2012
Been a while menses, da issue of admission still making d news...Well,many wud be called buh few wud b chosen,if u were lucky enuf 2 get in,just b hpy n celebr8 ur success,if u cudnt make it,never relent,kip pushing it cos u can't be a failure 'ALWAYS DARE 2 FAIL'................................... A boy drops his girl friend at
home and he puts his hand
on the wall by the gate for
support, leans towards her and says can I kiss u?
GIRL: not now, i am at home
BOY: please
GIRL: no
BOY: you were too sweet on
bed today
GIRL: waoooh! U too was full of
energy, i could not believe we
had four rounds.
BOY: let me kiss you goodnight.
GIRL: some one may be watching,
they still think i am a virgin at home. (This goes on for
minutes, then the girl's younger brother appears at the gate) and said; "Dad says whether you kiss
him or not, it's your decision, but tell that bastard to remove his hand
from the intercom button,
everyone at home is listening
to your conversation!!!=D =)) =D =))

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Dubemkelly(m): 3:25pm On Nov 17, 2012
Been a while menses, da issue of admission still making d news...Well,many wud be called buh few wud b chosen,if u were lucky enuf 2 get in,just b hpy n celebr8 ur success,if u cudnt make it,never relent,kip pushing it cos u can't be a failure 'ALWAYS DARE 2 FAIL'................................... A boy drops his girl friend at
home and he puts his hand
on the wall by the gate for
support, leans towards her and says can I kiss u?
GIRL: not now, i am at home
BOY: please
GIRL: no
BOY: you were too sweet on
bed today
GIRL: waoooh! U too was full of
energy, i could not believe we
had four rounds.
BOY: let me kiss you goodnight.
GIRL: some one may be watching,
they still think i am a virgin at home. (This goes on for
minutes, then the girl's younger brother appears at the gate) and said; "Dad says whether you kiss
him or not, it's your decision, but tell that bastard to remove his hand
from the intercom button,
everyone at home is listening
to your conversation!!!=D =)) =D =))

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by ayomemphis(m): 6:17am On Nov 18, 2012
Please any news on other list i don check jamb site tire
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by cloaked(m): 6:31am On Nov 18, 2012
A young lady was waiting for her flight in the boarding room of a big airport. As she would need to wait many hours, she decided to buy a book to spend her time. She also bought a packet of cookies. She sat down in an armchair in the VIP room of the airport to restand read in peace. Besides the armchair where the packet of cookies lay, a man sat down in the next seat, opened his magazi
ne and started reading. When she took one, the man took also. She felt irritated but said nothing. She just thought; "what a nerve! If i was in the mood, i would punch him for daring!". For each cookie she took, the man took one also. This was infuriating her because she didn't want to cause a scene. When only one cookie remained, she thought;ah... What would this abusive man do now?". Then, the man, taking the last cookie divided it into halfs, giving her one half. Ah! That was too much! She was much too angry now! In ahuff, she insulted the man, took her book, herthings and stormed to the boarding place.
When she sat down in her seat inside the plane, she looked into her bag to take her eyeglasses, and, to her surprise, her packet of cookies was there, untouched, unopened! She felt so ashamed! She realized that she was wrong...she had forgotten that her cookies were in her bag. The man had sharedhis cookies with her, without feeling angered or bitter while she was very angry, thinking she was sharing her cookies with him. And now there was no chance to explain herself nor to apologise.
They are four things that you can't recover...
THE STONE...after the throw!
THE WORD...after its said!
THE OCCASSION...aft er the loss.
THE TIME...after its gone.
Be careful and be patient always!!!
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by cloaked(m): 6:31am On Nov 18, 2012
A young lady was waiting for her flight in the boarding room of a big airport. As she would need to wait many hours, she decided to buy a book to spend her time. She also bought a packet of cookies. She sat down in an armchair in the VIP room of the airport to restand read in peace. Besides the armchair where the packet of cookies lay, a man sat down in the next seat, opened his magazi
ne and started reading. When she took one, the man took also. She felt irritated but said nothing. She just thought; "what a nerve! If i was in the mood, i would punch him for daring!". For each cookie she took, the man took one also. This was infuriating her because she didn't want to cause a scene. When only one cookie remained, she thought;ah... What would this abusive man do now?". Then, the man, taking the last cookie divided it into halfs, giving her one half. Ah! That was too much! She was much too angry now! In ahuff, she insulted the man, took her book, herthings and stormed to the boarding place.
When she sat down in her seat inside the plane, she looked into her bag to take her eyeglasses, and, to her surprise, her packet of cookies was there, untouched, unopened! She felt so ashamed! She realized that she was wrong...she had forgotten that her cookies were in her bag. The man had sharedhis cookies with her, without feeling angered or bitter while she was very angry, thinking she was sharing her cookies with him. And now there was no chance to explain herself nor to apologise.
They are four things that you can't recover...
THE STONE...after the throw!
THE WORD...after its said!
THE OCCASSION...aft er the loss.
THE TIME...after its gone.
Be careful and be patient always!!!

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by godstino(m): 8:57am On Nov 18, 2012
I DON TIRE...make una warn OAU ooo cos boys aren't smiling..

Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 19, 2012
I was informed that another list has been released;confirm please,I checked and it was still no admission yet;abeg,I hopegrin the law list is still being witheld;confirm please
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by godstino(m): 10:35am On Nov 19, 2012
koonbey:
I was informed that another list has been released;confirm please,I checked and it was still no admission yet;abeg,I hopegrin the law list is still being witheld;confirm please
who told u?
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by mufmarufali2(m): 12:51pm On Nov 19, 2012
Please i have this o'level results: eng c5, maths c4, physics b3, chem c5 and econs c6, i want to study electrical and electronics eng. in OAU, am i qualified?
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by uceee(m): 4:17pm On Nov 19, 2012
mufmarufali2: Please i have this o'level results: eng c5, maths c4, physics b3, chem c5 and econs c6, i want to study electrical and electronics eng. in OAU, am i qualified?
I think u'll need a credit in another science subject like Biology or Agric. Econs might not be accepted.
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 19, 2012
godstino: who told u?
a friend whose mum is staff
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by godstino(m): 4:31pm On Nov 19, 2012
koonbey: a friend whose mum is staff
av u nw confirmed it?
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by olaisababs(m): 7:41pm On Nov 19, 2012
all guys seeking admission into the faculty of science,i waz there 2day,the man i met said he doesn't know anytin for now,just be prayerful@law aspirants,the lord is our strength! ! !

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by fedeko: 9:45pm On Nov 19, 2012
those who have been given admission by other Universities but still prefers OAU and met their cutt-off must have to wait to see their status when their own E-portal is updated most likely DECEMBER to check their status,becuase JAMB will only give one admission at a time depending on the University who send your name first.this waiting game really is not good especially for those expecting their names on merit or the supplementary list.
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by mufmarufali2(m): 12:01am On Nov 20, 2012
Please bros, with the aforementioned results which course am i qualify to study in OAU apart from elect & elect eng.? I mean eng c5, maths c, physics b3, chem c and econs c
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Teaser4(m): 6:52am On Nov 20, 2012
mufmarufali2: Please i have this o'level results: eng c5, maths c4, physics b3, chem c5 and econs c6, i want to study electrical and electronics eng. in OAU, am i qualified?
check Jamb brochure
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by godstino(m): 11:49am On Nov 20, 2012
All aspirants are advised to like the OAU admission page on fb to get latest info as regard wen d list wud be released visit here_. http://facebook.com/OauAdmissions

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (420) (Reply)

2017/2018 JAMB Cut Off Mark For All Schools Released! See Full List. / Nairaland Mathematics Clinic / DIRECT ENTRY Admission.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.