Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:00 AM

OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session - Education (317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session (459075 Views)

Uniben 2012/2013 Session Admission Thread / Oau Admission For The Year 2011/2012 Part 2 / OAU Admission For The Year 2011/2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (420) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by GodzBELOVED(f): 5:05pm On Feb 27, 2013
BINTI_LAYE101: @all card is only available in ife(campus not town sef) 4 now, dats wat l was told at all d banks but zenith told me dat deres will soon be in lagos specifically allen avenue branch.
SORRY GUYS, LOW BATTERY, TILL EVENING SHA.
the sad thing is we can't guess how 'soon' the cards wud b brought to lagos. Maybe it's 2mao o,abi nxt wik o,we dnt knw
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by misslaw(f): 5:06pm On Feb 27, 2013
D probability of me running down to ife 2moro is nw 99.9%...of me nt going 0.1%
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by olayiwola9(m): 5:08pm On Feb 27, 2013
GodzBELOVED:
I stay on Aina street. I'm going on Sunday. U nko? Shey ure on 2go?
there is a cafe on aina that i do frequently and i also attend the deeper life church there sometimes, i'm thinking of going on tuesday or wednesday. Add me on 2go @ebbay make we no derail this thread finish.
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by GodzBELOVED(f): 5:08pm On Feb 27, 2013
Hausa: theres been a little twist.
The girl i sent the cash to said ders no eko bank on campus and that she can not go off k cos shes doing a program.
>
so am hoping on first thing tomoro
Ehn? Ehn? Ehn? U say? No Eco bank in OAU? Thank God u mentioned this o! Na so popc for don commot house dey go OAU by 5am 2mao b that.
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Hausa(m): 5:09pm On Feb 27, 2013
TOSIN ACCA: Let's see how this helps:

:->
Course Unit System and the Computation of Grade Point Average (GPA)
The course unit system is a system whereby programmes are designed with courses which are weighted and classified into various levels for students in the institution of higher learning. Courses are assigned units depending on the volume of workrequired to complete the course and this includes lectures, tutorials, practical. The courses can be taken at any level by any student provided there are no (constraints) prerequisites for these courses. For instance, a partI student can offer a course at anylevel provided the student has the prerequisites required for the course, while a Part IV student can still offer a part I course if such a student so desires. However it is generally desirable that lower level core courses are taken and passed before proceeding to high level ones.
The system allows a student to spread his programme evenly over the semesters provided such a student keeps to the rules and regulations of the system. For instance there are minimum and maximum numbers of units a student can register for in a semester. Every semester is as important as the other. A wise student is encouraged to attempt a reasonable number of units he/she can cope with to ensure a qualitative performance.
Apart from the end of semester examination, there are continuous assessments during each semester. These tests and the end of the semester examination make up the set of semester examinations for each course. Appropriate of scores to make the final mark of 100% varies from one faculty to another,but continuous assessment scores cannot be more than 40% of the 100%.

This section is designed to acquaint students with the procedure for computing the Grade Point Average (GPA) for each set of semester examinations and for upgrading the computations to obtain the Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) at any point in time during each students course of study.

It is strongly advised that every student should learn how to compute (and actually do compute his own) GPA and CGPA. By thus computing and keeping a record of his CGPA, the student will be fully aware of what effort he must put in to remain in the University or to graduate in a desired class. This is the only way you can be in a position to be on your guard and monitor the quality of your efforts.

GPA and CGPA SampleComputations
Sample Computations: Consider a student who has enrolled in a course programme designated as EES and has just completed 3 full semesters in the university. His course programme and his GPA and CGPA could be as follows:
Note on the Sample Computation
1. The Student had obtained a grade of F in EES 107 and EES 109 at the end of Semester I. These courses thus contributed109 to his TLU but zero in TCP. He repeated the course EES 107and EES 109 and earned gradesD and E respectively at the end of Semester III. Thus repeats are included in the computation of results as manytimes as they occur in a course.
2. During semester III, the students had to drop EES 205 and EES 207 in order to accommodate EES 107 and EES 109 which he had failed [and must repeat sooner or later] in semester I. If he had tried to take EES 107 and EES 109 without dropping anything, hisTLU for that semester would have been 29, which exceeds the permissible upper limit of 22. Overloads are not normally allowed. There are no more Examination Resists in almost all the faculties, therefore any course failed has to be repeated when it is available and must be passed before graduation.
3. Students are strongly advised to consult with their course advisers before registering for courses, and on other academic problems that they may have.
Definition of Terms
It is necessary to first understand and be thoroughly familiar with certain terminologies and abbreviations that are commonly used in the computation of Grade Point Average. These are defined as follows:

Student Workload: This is defined in terms of courses units. One unit represents one hour of lecture or one hour of Tutorial or 2-4 hours of practical work per week throughout a semester. Thus for example, a course in which there are 2 hours of lectures and 1 hour of Tutorial perweek is a 3-unit course.

Total Load Units (TLU): This is the total number of course units carried by a student in a particularsemester. It is the summation of the load Units on all Courses carried during the semester. For example, a student who is carrying 6 courses of 3 units eachhas a TLU of 18 for that semester.

Commutative Load Units (CLU): This is the summation of Total Load units over all the semesters from the beginning to date. A student who is prone to repeating courses will finish (if hedoes not drop out) with a higher CLU than his non- repeating colleague and will most likely require a longer time to complete requirements for the award of Degrees.
Level of Performance Rating: This is the rating of grades obtained in terms of credit points per load unit. The rating used is as follows:
Level of Performance Rating (credit points per unit)

*. A (70-100%) – 5
*. B (60-69%) – 4
*. C (50-59%) – 3
*. D (45-49%) – 2
*. E (40-44%) – 1
*. F (0-39%) – 0

Based on the above, a student who obtained a grade of ‘A’ in a unit course has scored 20 Credit points, and one who obtained a grade of C in that course has scored 12 Credit points.

Total Credit Points TCP: This is the sum of the products of the course units and rating in each course, for the entire semester period. For example, consider a student who took courses of 5 units each. Let’s say the grade obtained in the four courses wereC.B.F.D respectively. The TCP of this study is obtained as 5×3+5×4+5×0+5×2=45.

Cumulative Credit Points CCP: This is the summation of Total credit points over all semesters form beginning to date

Grade Point Average GRA: This is the total credit points [TCP] divided by the total load units [TLU], for example, consider the student’s scores referred to in section 2.5. His TCP is 45, and of course, his TLU is 20 [i.e. 4 courses at 5 units each, for the semester]. The highest GPA that can be earned is 5.0 and that is when a student has earned a grade of ‘A’ in every course duringthe semester. The lowest GPA obtainable is 0.0 and
this would happen if the student has F all round during the semester.

Cumulative Grade Point Average [CGPA]: This is not the summation of GPAs for all semesters. Rather, itis the summation of TCPs for all semesters, divided by the summation of TLUs for the said semesters. Like the GPA, CGPA, obtainable ranges from 0 to 5.

Miscellaneous Notes on the Course Unit System

*. Withdrawal from the University
A student whose CGPA falls below 1.0 at the end of a semester shall be placed on probation during the following semester. If he/she fails to achieve a CGPA of at least 1.0 at the end of that semester, he/she shall be required to withdraw from the University.
*. Final Assessment and Class of Degree: A student who has satisfactorily completed all requirements for the degree with CGPA of not less than 1.50 may be awarded an Honour degree as follows:
*. First Class: 4.50 and above
*. Second Class Upper: 3.50-4.49
*. Second Class Lower: 2.50-3.49
*. Third Class: 1.50-2.49
(COUGHS LOUDLY AND READS WITH GREAT SOBERNESS)
A candidate who does not reacha CGPA of 1.50 but whose CGPA is not less than 1.00 at the end of the programme is awarded a pass degree [i.e. without Honours)

NB:CGPA calculation is on all courses, but excluding Special Electives.
:-> THE END!
OUCH!IT HURTS!
WHAT HURTS?
MY FINGERS OH!MY KNUCLES TOO!
cai, dis tin is too long o. But i hav to save dis to read in my spare time.
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Hats42: 5:11pm On Feb 27, 2013
Hausa: theres been a little twist.
The girl i sent the cash to said ders no eko bank on campus and that she can not go off k cos shes doing a program.
>
so am hoping on first thing tomoro
haha there is ecobank on campus although its nt found where oda banks are jampacked its found bhind akintola(sports)hstel
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Dekeyetwo: 5:11pm On Feb 27, 2013
[quote
author=cloaked]....i bought 3 scratch cards....i.e acceptance fee
=20000 + 350 , school fees = 22000 + 350 and Accommodation fee = 3090 +
350!!!...making a total of #46140!....d included #350 on each cards re d
bank charges!

...pls ensure u buy ur cards ASAP![/quote]

y pay for accmdatn fee now. it safer gettin ur bedspace before payin for it. v a friend last yr 100 level, she was nt given bed space, she ad to come scot wit r sis wu was in my room
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Hausa(m): 5:11pm On Feb 27, 2013
GodzBELOVED:
Ehn? Ehn? Ehn? U say? No Eco bank in OAU? Thank God u mentioned this o! Na so popc for don commot house dey go OAU by 5am 2mao b that.
as in what she actually means is dat its outside the skul. Like near the campus
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by GodzBELOVED(f): 5:12pm On Feb 27, 2013
miss law: D probability of me running down to ife 2moro is nw 99.9%...of me nt going 0.1%
Hehe. B4 u run go,calm down. Shebi ur course is law? And u are to pay to Eco bank? Hausa said his friend there said there's no eco bank on campus. If i'm nt wrong.
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by michealade(m): 5:12pm On Feb 27, 2013
miss law: D probability of me running down to ife 2moro is nw 99.9%...of me nt going 0.1%
same ere
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Hats42: 5:13pm On Feb 27, 2013
GodzBELOVED:
their is ecobank on oau campus ooooooo and its nt far frm oda banks
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by GodzBELOVED(f): 5:13pm On Feb 27, 2013
Hausa: as in what she actually means is dat its outside the skul. Like near the campus
oh Better! U shud av said it like dat b4 na. Ah.
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Dekeyetwo: 5:14pm On Feb 27, 2013
[quote

author=cloaked]....i bought 3 scratch cards....i.e acceptance fee
=20000 + 350 , school fees = 22000 + 350 and Accommodation fee = 3090 +
350!!!...making a total of #46140!....d included #350 on each cards re d
bank charges!

...pls ensure u buy ur cards ASAP![/quote]

y pay for accmdatn fee now. it safer gettin ur bedspace before payin for
it. v a friend last yr 100 level, she was nt given bed space, she ad to
come scot wit r sis wu was in my room
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by misslaw(f): 5:15pm On Feb 27, 2013
GodzBELOVED:
Hehe. B4 u run go,calm down. Shebi ur course is law? And u are to pay to Eco bank? Hausa said his friend there said there's no eco bank on campus. If i'm nt wrong.
noo nt law....agric extension nd rural dvlopment dat means stanbic bank.am also planning to leave by 5am....so i cn return earlier
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Hats42: 5:15pm On Feb 27, 2013
guys note dat all d banks used for this reg. Stuff are found on campus so ask well so has nt to jst wander around
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Hausa(m): 5:15pm On Feb 27, 2013
Hats42: their is ecobank on oau campus ooooooo and its nt far frm oda banks
eh
Really? did u see with your eyes?
>
let me call my oda guy
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Daystarn: 5:15pm On Feb 27, 2013
Thanks to u all dat replied,GOD bless u.will gt them asap
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by GodzBELOVED(f): 5:16pm On Feb 27, 2013
olayiwola9: there is a cafe on aina that i do frequently and i also attend the deeper life church there sometimes, i'm thinking of going on tuesday or wednesday. Add me on 2go @ebbay make we no derail this thread finish.
lol. I agree. Eh ehn,shey tuesday/wednesday is not far sha?
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Henwall(m): 5:17pm On Feb 27, 2013
Tnx @ hausa....
Pls do anyone know where †ђξ liaison office for delta state is @?
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Hausa(m): 5:17pm On Feb 27, 2013
Hats42: guys note dat all d banks used for this reg. Stuff are found on campus so ask well so has nt to jst wander around
gosh, d girl must hav given me a blind excuse
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by GodzBELOVED(f): 5:19pm On Feb 27, 2013
miss law: noo nt law....agric extension nd rural dvlopment dat means stanbic bank.am also planning to leave by 5am....so i cn return earlier
Okay. Tot it was Law.
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Hausa(m): 5:20pm On Feb 27, 2013
miss law: noo nt law....agric extension nd rural dvlopment dat means stanbic bank.am also planning to leave by 5am....so i cn return earlier
private car?
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Dekeyetwo: 5:21pm On Feb 27, 2013
Hausa: as in what she actually means is dat its outside the skul. Like near the campus

dia is an eco bank in skul, its near student union buildin towards d way to the hostel almst opp skye bank atm
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by olayiwola9(m): 5:23pm On Feb 27, 2013
Dekeyetwo:

dia is an eco bank in skul, its near student union buildin towards d way to the hostel almst opp skye bank atm
true in front of akintola hall beside faj
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by ugopeter(m): 5:23pm On Feb 27, 2013
There is an ECOBANK on campus o. Its beside d student union building and opp yellow house
GodzBELOVED:
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Hats42: 5:23pm On Feb 27, 2013
like i said earlier ecobank is nt jampacked wit the oda banks but its inside the skul and am very sure of dat.........wen u stand at the studnt union building u wil be lukin at it and if u are at yellow haos(math departmnt) u wil also be luking at it......although ecobank is also outside the skul at lagere bt am sure u cant get cards there....
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by GodzBELOVED(f): 5:24pm On Feb 27, 2013
Those who haven't bought the cards,do we have to check e-portal by 6? I dnt want to waste my time by going 2 d café.
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by GodzBELOVED(f): 5:25pm On Feb 27, 2013
Hats42: like i said earlier ecobank is nt jampacked wit the oda banks but its inside the skul and am very sure of dat.........wen u stand at the studnt union building u wil be lukin at it and if u are at yellow haos(math departmnt) u wil also be luking at it......although ecobank is also outside the skul at lagere bt am sure u cant get cards there....
Thanks a lot.
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by misslaw(f): 5:28pm On Feb 27, 2013
Hats42: like i said earlier ecobank is nt jampacked wit the oda banks but its inside the skul and am very sure of dat.........wen u stand at the studnt union building u wil be lukin at it and if u are at yellow haos(math departmnt) u wil also be luking at it......although ecobank is also outside the skul at lagere bt am sure u cant get cards there....
bro,hop stanbic bank is in d skul
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Hausa(m): 5:33pm On Feb 27, 2013
GodzBELOVED: Those who haven't bought the cards,do we have to check e-portal by 6? I dnt want to waste my time by going 2 d café.
ur fone = use
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by olayiwola9(m): 5:39pm On Feb 27, 2013
GodzBELOVED:
lol. I agree. Eh ehn,shey tuesday/wednesday is not far sha?
not far for me o, don't you know me and omole are tight friends ni. I've not gotten your add btw.
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Hats42: 5:47pm On Feb 27, 2013
miss law: bro,hop stanbic bank is in d skul
stanbic ibtc.....i doubt it....but am 60 percent sure dat its nt on campus

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (420) (Reply)

2017/2018 JAMB Cut Off Mark For All Schools Released! See Full List. / Nairaland Mathematics Clinic / DIRECT ENTRY Admission.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.