Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,153 members, 7,890,891 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:17 PM

OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session - Education (328) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session (459068 Views)

Uniben 2012/2013 Session Admission Thread / Oau Admission For The Year 2011/2012 Part 2 / OAU Admission For The Year 2011/2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (420) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by BINTILAYE101(m): 3:48pm On Feb 28, 2013
Tonisious504: ah! So therez no zenith bank in d campus?
THERE IS MA, IT'S BTW GTB AND ACCESS BANK.
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by BINTILAYE101(m): 3:49pm On Feb 28, 2013
Tonisious504: @binti have u bought d card?
YES MA!
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by BINTILAYE101(m): 3:50pm On Feb 28, 2013
Dekeyetwo:
D word gotten does not exist, got is d past tense nd also d past participle of get. Check ur dictionary 2confirm.
So the sentence sud be lola jas got r card nd i also got mine.
Which dictionary and what edition sir, GOTTEN IS A VERB.
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Itsjanny: 3:51pm On Feb 28, 2013
lo81: OGBENI!!...Gotten is a VERB oo
i tot i was a noun...used by d allien species in d mars planet....jst sayin

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Itsjanny: 3:51pm On Feb 28, 2013
i tot it was a noun...used by d allien species in d mars planet....jst sayin
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by GodzBELOVED(f): 3:56pm On Feb 28, 2013
'Gotten' is correct nw. It's the past participle of 'Get'. And 'Got' is the past tense.

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by BINTILAYE101(m): 3:57pm On Feb 28, 2013
Itsjanny: i tot it was a noun...used by d allien species in d mars planet....jst sayin
Gotten is a verb and It is simply not an alternative for have got. Gotten is used in such contexts as They've gotten a new car. (= obtain)
They've gotten interested. (= become).
FOR FURTHER CLARIFICATION CLICK THE LINK BELOW.
http://www.beedictionary.com/common-errors/got_vs_gotten
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by kristana(f): 3:58pm On Feb 28, 2013
has any1 been able to login. my sis just created an acct 4 me
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by shanny001(f): 4:02pm On Feb 28, 2013
[quote
author=Dekeyetwo]Utme registratn slip means ur jamb registratn slip
that shows you registered for jamb, i.e ur printout 4jamb nt jamb
result. D one u took 2d hall wen u sat 4jamb[/quote]
i cant find mine o

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by BINTILAYE101(m): 4:04pm On Feb 28, 2013
kristana: has any1 been able to login. my sis just created an acct 4 me
WHAT! HOW? WHERE??
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by TOSINACCA(m): 4:06pm On Feb 28, 2013
@BINTI: Have you been able to do any registration on the portal.
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Dasaintpee(m): 4:07pm On Feb 28, 2013
kristana: has any1 been able to login. my sis just created an acct 4 me
0tell ha to explain hw she got to the page.and post
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by BINTILAYE101(m): 4:08pm On Feb 28, 2013
@TOSINACCA, have you been able to access the portal today and when, sir.
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Evad(m): 4:09pm On Feb 28, 2013
jayjam: Yeah man,i live on okedasa str,off barracks road.Am part of'em@TEAMEKINMOGUN

Ahh man_we gattu meet mano a mano

Holla your number man

I live close

1 Like

Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by BINTILAYE101(m): 4:10pm On Feb 28, 2013
TOSIN ACCA: @BINTI: Have you been able to do any registration on the portal.
LOL! just posted my question too n l think dat has given you a clue that l avn't.
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Dekeyetwo: 4:13pm On Feb 28, 2013

well, i v 2say d word gotten exist but only in american english nd it means the american past participle of get
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 4:14pm On Feb 28, 2013
Dekeyetwo:

well, i v 2say d word gotten exist but only in american english nd it means the american past participle of get
yea
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Itsjanny: 4:15pm On Feb 28, 2013
BINTI_LAYE101: Gotten is a verb and It is simply not an alternative for have got. Gotten is used in such contexts as They've gotten a new car. (= obtain)
They've gotten interested. (= become).
FOR FURTHER CLARIFICATION CLICK THE LINK BELOW.
http://www.beedictionary.com/common-errors/got_vs_gotten
hmmm, i succumb, bt d context says, "In the uk, d word gotten dropped out of use xcept in suchstock phrases such as ill-gotten nd odaz"....so, bro, d word gotten, if at all it exist, is frm d Uk nd u knw, d legalised spoken/written English in Nigeria is that of the Uk......i rest ma case sha
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by OAUGuy: 4:15pm On Feb 28, 2013
God almighty has favoured me already.Guys let us all please just say a short prayer that the eportal will nt disappoint 2moro.everyone will be able to log in at the same time with no downtime.also pray for all those waiting on God for admission.ur prayer may just be the solution to everything.
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by OAUGuy: 4:17pm On Feb 28, 2013
Any news about another admission list?
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by TOSINACCA(m): 4:20pm On Feb 28, 2013
@ALL:
GUESS THIS MIGHT HELP THE ONGOING VOCABULARY TUSSLE:
:->
Here's what David Crystal says about The gotten/got distinction in
The Cambridge Encyclopedia of the English Language (p.311):
" Gotten is probably the most distinctive of all the AmE/BrE grammaticaldifferences, but British people who try to use it often get it wrong.It is not simply an alternative for have got . Gotten is used in suchcontexts as They've gotten a new boat. (= obtain ) They've gotten interested. (= become ) He's gotten off the chair. (= moved )But it is not used in the sense of possession (= have ). AmE does notallow *I've gotten the answer.or *I've gotten plenty.but uses I've got as in informal BrE. The availability of gottendoes however mean that AmE canmake such distinctions as the following: They've got to leave ( they must leave ) vs They've gotten to leave ( they'vemanaged to leave )." I'd add that Crystal's I've gotten the answer isn't starred if it means I have figured out the answer , rather than I have the answer .
The key is the overlap between the Possessive use of have and thePerfect use of have , plus the fact that one of the senses of get is come to have . If one has come to have a cold, for instance, then one has a cold, and the AmE usage of has got means that one is currently infested, due to the present relevance aspect of the Perfect. This is so common that kids regularly use got without have or even -'ve to mean have , and young kids even think it's the regular verb for possession, as witness such constructions as He gots new shoes .
Faced with the overwhelming interpretation of (ha)ve got as simply have , AmE has reinvigorated an old past participle gotten to be used whenever other, non-possessive forms of get are intended.
If one is simply speaking of the acquisition of something, for instance, rather than the current possession, one says I've gotten..... in AmE since I've got implies that one still has it, and therefore focusses on the current Possession rather than the Perfective acquisition. And all of the idiomatic uses of get , like the get- Passive of get married , the Inchoative become/come to be inherent in get tired , the Concessive of get to go that Crystalmentions, etc. use gotten as their participle. Whereas any construction, even an idiomatic one like have to (= must) where one can use have equally well, use got as the participle.
Weird, but that's English for you.
followup -->John doesn't disown the second example sentence, so I suppose he's>one of the AmE speakers who can make that particular distinction. Yup.
>I certainly am NOT another; not only can I not imagine myself>producing the second sentence (with any meaning), I had immense>trouble understanding it (with any meaning) when I read it, and>cannot imagine that I'd have understood it if anyone had spoken>it to me. (Do Crystal's example sentences come from a corpus,>or does he make them up as he goes along? If the latter,>could he--a BrE speaker, I guess--just be flat out wrong in >this particular case?) He doesn't say, but I assume they're simply made as the need arises, like all sentences. It might not be the best of all possible example sentences -- this is just a sidebar in the Encyclopedia , after all -- but certainly one hears this sort of thing all the time, if one is paying attention. Consider:
*. Mikey always gets to pitch, but my son hasn't gotten to play at all.
*. I don't know about that store -- I've never gotten anything there that really lasted.
*. I'll start the report tomorrow; I haven't gotten the bills done yet.
I could also use got with the last one above (though not with the first two); however, it would have a slightly different sense, focussing on the resultant state, a paraphrase of
*. I haven't got (= don't have ) the bills in a finished state yet.
rather than the simple negation ofthe work with gotten . - John Lawler Linguistics Department and Residential College University of Michigan
"Language is the most massive and inclusive art we know, a - Edward Sapir
mountainous and anonymous work of unconscious generations." Language (1921).
@BINTI: REPLY MY QUESTION!
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by pandit68(m): 4:24pm On Feb 28, 2013
BINTI_LAYE101: @TOSINACCA, have you been able to access the portal today and when, sir.
. I think the portal has been opened.
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by adeoba124(m): 4:27pm On Feb 28, 2013
pandit68: . I think the portal has been opened.
Its still not going through here o
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Dekeyetwo: 4:28pm On Feb 28, 2013
shanny001:
i cant find mine o

u sud b able 2get, mayb a photocopy, search well
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by BINTILAYE101(m): 4:30pm On Feb 28, 2013
TOSIN ACCA: @BINTI: Have you been able to do any registration on the portal.
NO OO! ALAS! THE E-PORTAL IS BACK.
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by adeoba124(m): 4:31pm On Feb 28, 2013
Its not opening here
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 28, 2013
ALLOCATION OF BED SPACES The site will allow Freshmen to request for Accommodation as from 4.00pm on Friday, 1/3/2013. Note that Accommodation will be provided on first
come first served basis. ONLY those who are successful in securing Accommodation will be required to purchase Accommodation scratch card of sum of #3090 from any of the banks listed above: Returning Students who are successful in securing Accommodation are required to purchase Accommodation scratch card of sum of #2590 from any of the banks listed above. Upon successful secure of accommodation, print 3 copies of your Letter of Accommodation in order to occupy your Bed Space. Please note that NOT until you have paid appropriate fees, your Letter of Accommodation will not be displayed. REGISTRATION PROCEDURE A) SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES: March 2,
2013 On-Line Registration for
Harmattan Semester
Courses Commences March 3,
2013 Fresh Students come into
Residence March 4
- 8, 2013 Clearance at Faculty and
Admission Offices March
11 - 15,
2013 Orientation Week for
Fresh Students March
17, 2013 Returning Undergraduate/
Postgraduate Students
come into Residence March
18, 2013 Lectures Commence for
Harmattan Semester,
2012/2013 Academic
Session April 8,
2013 End of Normal On-Line
Registration for courses April 21,
2013 End of Late Registration
with penalty April 24,
2013 MATRICULATION B) FORMS REQUIRED FOR FILLING ON THE E- PORTAL: i) CERTIFICATE Form (Fresh Students only after loading of
your ACCEPTANCE Fee Scratch
Card) ii) BIO-DATA Form iii) COURSE REGISTRATION Form (Please note that COURSE FORM
will only be available subject to
completion of CERTIFICATE and
BIO-DATA Forms as well
Payment of appropriate fees C) REQUIREMENTS FOR SCREENING OF FRESH STUDENTS: You are required to report for screening in your Faculty with the following
documents:
(a) - UTME Registration Form (b) - UTME Result Slip (c) - Admission Status printed (to be printed in Colour from Student Home
Page on OAU E-PORTAL site) (d) – PAYMENT CONFIRMATION (to be printed from Student Home Page on
OAU E-PORTAL site after loading of
scratch cards) (e) – CERTIFICATE FORM (to be printed from Student Home Page on OAU E-
PORTAL site upon successful filling
your Certificate Form) D) REGISTRATION FOR COURSES: REGISTRATION FORM will be
available for you after you have
been successfully screened on
the E-PORTAL by your Faculty
Secretary and also upon full
payment of appropriate fees. Please you are required to print “EVIDENCE OF REGISTRATION” that is displayed upon submission of your Course Form as proof of registration. The report will be used for any correspondence with ANY OF THE UNIVERSITY AUTHORITIES:- Part Adviser,HOD, Dean, Computer Centre after closure of registration in case you have any complaint. E) REPORT REGISTRATION PROBLEMS TO COMPUTER CENTRE ENQUIRY OFFICE,
Room M15, Computer Buildings Complex
FOR ASSISTANCE F) IF THE SUBMISSION OF YOUR COURSE FORM IS NOT SUCCESSFUL, the BROWSER you
use may cause it. Then change to
another BROWSER preferably, INTERNET EXPOLRER TIME-TABLE FOR PROCESSING FRESHER’S IDENTITY CARDS WEDNESDAY (6/03/2013) -
ADMINISTRATION, PHARMACY
THURSDAY (7/03/2013)- LAW ARTS
FRIDAY (8/03/2013) - EDM
EDUCATION
MONDAY (11/03/2013) - TECHNOLOGY
TUESDAY (12/03/2013) - SOCIAL
SCIENCES, AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE
WEDNESDAY (13/03/2013) - HEALTH
SCIENCE. SCIENCES VENUE: M 13, COMPUTER BUILDINGS COMPLEX
(COMPUTER CENTRE) WISHING YOU HAPPY RESUMPTION Click here to Login
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by BINTILAYE101(m): 4:35pm On Feb 28, 2013
IT'S DOWN AGAIN OO.
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by adeoba124(m): 4:37pm On Feb 28, 2013
lo81: ALLOCATION OF BED SPACES The site will allow Freshmen to request for Accommodation as from 4.00pm on Friday, 1/3/2013. Note that Accommodation will be provided on first
come first served basis. ONLY those who are successful in securing Accommodation will be required to purchase Accommodation scratch card of sum of #3090 from any of the banks listed above: Returning Students who are successful in securing Accommodation are required to purchase Accommodation scratch card of sum of #2590 from any of the banks listed above. Upon successful secure of accommodation, print 3 copies of your Letter of Accommodation in order to occupy your Bed Space. Please note that NOT until you have paid appropriate fees, your Letter of Accommodation will not be displayed. REGISTRATION PROCEDURE A) SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES: March 2,
2013 On-Line Registration for
Harmattan Semester
Courses Commences March 3,
2013 Fresh Students come into
Residence March 4
- 8, 2013 Clearance at Faculty and
Admission Offices March
11 - 15,
2013 Orientation Week for
Fresh Students March
17, 2013 Returning Undergraduate/
Postgraduate Students
come into Residence March
18, 2013 Lectures Commence for
Harmattan Semester,
2012/2013 Academic
Session April 8,
2013 End of Normal On-Line
Registration for courses April 21,
2013 End of Late Registration
with penalty April 24,
2013 MATRICULATION B) FORMS REQUIRED FOR FILLING ON THE E- PORTAL: i) CERTIFICATE Form (Fresh Students only after loading of
your ACCEPTANCE Fee Scratch
Card) ii) BIO-DATA Form iii) COURSE REGISTRATION Form (Please note that COURSE FORM
will only be available subject to
completion of CERTIFICATE and
BIO-DATA Forms as well
Payment of appropriate fees C) REQUIREMENTS FOR SCREENING OF FRESH STUDENTS: You are required to report for screening in your Faculty with the following
documents:
(a) - UTME Registration Form (b) - UTME Result Slip (c) - Admission Status printed (to be printed in Colour from Student Home
Page on OAU E-PORTAL site) (d) – PAYMENT CONFIRMATION (to be printed from Student Home Page on
OAU E-PORTAL site after loading of
scratch cards) (e) – CERTIFICATE FORM (to be printed from Student Home Page on OAU E-
PORTAL site upon successful filling
your Certificate Form) D) REGISTRATION FOR COURSES: REGISTRATION FORM will be
available for you after you have
been successfully screened on
the E-PORTAL by your Faculty
Secretary and also upon full
payment of appropriate fees. Please you are required to print “EVIDENCE OF REGISTRATION” that is displayed upon submission of your Course Form as proof of registration. The report will be used for any correspondence with ANY OF THE UNIVERSITY AUTHORITIES:- Part Adviser,HOD, Dean, Computer Centre after closure of registration in case you have any complaint. E) REPORT REGISTRATION PROBLEMS TO COMPUTER CENTRE ENQUIRY OFFICE,
Room M15, Computer Buildings Complex
FOR ASSISTANCE F) IF THE SUBMISSION OF YOUR COURSE FORM IS NOT SUCCESSFUL, the BROWSER you
use may cause it. Then change to
another BROWSER preferably, INTERNET EXPOLRER TIME-TABLE FOR PROCESSING FRESHER’S IDENTITY CARDS WEDNESDAY (6/03/2013) -
ADMINISTRATION, PHARMACY
THURSDAY (7/03/2013)- LAW ARTS
FRIDAY (8/03/2013) - EDM
EDUCATION
MONDAY (11/03/2013) - TECHNOLOGY
TUESDAY (12/03/2013) - SOCIAL
SCIENCES, AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE
WEDNESDAY (13/03/2013) - HEALTH
SCIENCE. SCIENCES VENUE: M 13, COMPUTER BUILDINGS COMPLEX
(COMPUTER CENTRE) WISHING YOU HAPPY RESUMPTION Click here to Login
pls where did u copy this? Thanks
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 4:38pm On Feb 28, 2013
MAIN TASKS 1--Load Scratch Card Payment Form 2--Load Certificate Form (WASCE, SSCE, NECO, GCE O/L & A/L, HSC, OND...) 3--Bio-Data Form 4--Course Registration Form 5--Health Centre Registration Form 6--Load Picture No (You need to load your Picture No to print any Report from this system) 7--View Semester Raw Score (from Harmattan
2010/2011 Session) 8--Check Results 9--Mailing Services 10--Change Password APPLICATION FOR FINAL YEAR ACCOMMODATION
(): Application for Accommodation (2012/2013
FINAL YEAR STUDENTS) APPLICATION FOR BALLOTING (for Returning Students ONLY 2011/2012 Session): Application forBalloting for returning Students
2012/2013 Session CONTACT A COUNSELLOR ONLINE (Please, Click here) REQUEST FOR BEDSPACE (FOR FRESH STUDENTS ONLY (2012/2013 Session - Accomodation for
Fresh students will be released 4pm Friday
1/3/2013): Click Here to Request for BedSpace (Click here for more details on procedures for securing Bed
Space) PRINTING OF REPORTS: Print
BedSpace
Clearance
Form Print 3 Copies. Submit 1 to Dean, Students
Affairs, 1 to the Hall Warden and keep 1 copy
after duly signed by the Hall Warden to you
occupy the Bedspace. Failure means you forfeit
the BedSpace Allocated to you. Print Course
Registration
Form Print 2 Copies. Submit 1 to your Part Adviser for
final approval and keep the 2nd for yourself Print
Clearance
Certificate Print 3 copies as thus: 1 for Library Registration,
1 for Health Centre Registration and the
remaining one for your record HOME PAGE SIGN OUT Copyright © 2005, OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, Ile-Ife. All rights reserve
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by adeoba124(m): 4:38pm On Feb 28, 2013
My E-portal is not opening o......Am i the only one?
Re: OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 28, 2013
adeoba124:
pls where did u copy this? Thanks
e-portal nau

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (420) (Reply)

2017/2018 JAMB Cut Off Mark For All Schools Released! See Full List. / Nairaland Mathematics Clinic / DIRECT ENTRY Admission.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.