Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,624 members, 7,930,067 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 10:06 AM

I Will Never Turn My Back On You – President Tinubu Tells Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Never Turn My Back On You – President Tinubu Tells Nigerians (333 Views)

Celebrity Endorsement Will Not Make You President - Simon Ekpa To Peter Obi / Yoruba Ancestors Will Make You President, Alaafin Assures Tinubu / "If They Tell You President Buhari Is Scared To Debate, Show Them This Video" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Will Never Turn My Back On You – President Tinubu Tells Nigerians by Man102: 7:44am On Jun 12
I Will Never Turn My Back on You – President Tinubu Tells Nigerians, Speaks on Economic Reforms | #Politicsnigeria

President Bola Tinubu has vowed never to turn his back on Nigerians.

He also urged Nigerians to bear the pains of economic reforms, saying the measures are necessary to put the nation on a sound economic footing.

He made the disclosure on Wednesday in a national broadcast marking the 25th anniversary of Nigeria’s democracy.

Tinubu said, “As we continue to reform the economy, I shall always listen to the people and will never turn my back on you.”

President Tinubu also addressed the recent negotiations with organized labour on a new national minimum wage, stating that the government has negotiated in good faith and will soon send an executive bill to the National Assembly to enshrine the agreed-upon wage for the next five years or less.

He said it is important to have both political and economic democracy, urging the nation to continue working towards a brighter future.

The president acknowledged the economic difficulties faced by the country and the need for reforms to create a stronger foundation for growth.

He added, “In the end, our national greatness will not be achieved by travelling the easy road. It can only be achieved by taking the right one.

“The words of the American President Franklin Roosevelt certainly ring true:

“ There are many ways of going forward. But only one way of standing still”!

“We dare not slumber lest the good things awaiting our immediate future pass us by. We dare not plant our feet in idle standstill in the middle of the intersection of hope and despair.

“We know the proper way forward and we shall take it!

“The initial rays of a brighter tomorrow now appear on the early horizon. An abundant future and our capacity to achieve that future lie within our reach. Democracy and the institutions it begets offer to take us to our profound destination.

“Let us board this progressive train together. Together, let us move Nigeria forward.

“Let’s continue to keep the fire of democracy burning. Let’s keep the torch lit for generations to come.”

Source : https://politicsnigeria.com/i-will-never-turn-my-back-on-you-president-tinubu-tells-nigerians-speaks-on-economic-reforms/

Re: I Will Never Turn My Back On You – President Tinubu Tells Nigerians by SwissMass: 7:45am On Jun 12
God bless Nigeria
Re: I Will Never Turn My Back On You – President Tinubu Tells Nigerians by PresidObi: 7:46am On Jun 12
grin

The people screaming e-being-pawa-o, shey na Abiola turned his back on them?
Re: I Will Never Turn My Back On You – President Tinubu Tells Nigerians by OriOko88(m): 7:46am On Jun 12
grin
We sane Nigerians are already turning our backs on u baba.

Whether u turn ur back on us is inconsequential ATM. One congo of Ordinary white beans being sold at 3k at bodija market. Kuku kill us baba Tinubu. undecided sad
Re: I Will Never Turn My Back On You – President Tinubu Tells Nigerians by oche2020: 7:47am On Jun 12
How
Re: I Will Never Turn My Back On You – President Tinubu Tells Nigerians by Holyfic: 7:47am On Jun 12
Baba na your back we de see already
Re: I Will Never Turn My Back On You – President Tinubu Tells Nigerians by MightySparrow: 7:49am On Jun 12
Omoluabi
Re: I Will Never Turn My Back On You – President Tinubu Tells Nigerians by misano(m): 7:51am On Jun 12
You are a big fool, Mr Tinubu. Your end is near.
Re: I Will Never Turn My Back On You – President Tinubu Tells Nigerians by STEWpid(f): 7:52am On Jun 12
Chai..

God Bless Nigeria and Nigerians.

God Bless our President.

Happy Democracy Day.

Re: I Will Never Turn My Back On You – President Tinubu Tells Nigerians by shotuns: 7:53am On Jun 12
But you turned your back on southwest where you claimed to come from but no evidence to proof that yet by supporting them not open the border, going to 9 years, you even made it clear to them to strengthen security the more at the border to prevent food from entering. You said and I quote " give you them N500 worth of bread, command them to bring their mama head and they will obey" Nonsense!
Re: I Will Never Turn My Back On You – President Tinubu Tells Nigerians by Judgementa1: 7:54am On Jun 12
Man102:
I Will Never Turn My Back on You – President Tinubu Tells Nigerians, Speaks on Economic Reforms | #Politicsnigeria

He also urged Nigerians to bear the pains of economic reforms, saying the measures are necessary to put the nation on a sound economic footing.

He made the disclosure on Wednesday in a national broadcast marking the 25th anniversary of Nigeria’s democracy.

Tinubu said, “As we continue to reform the economy, I shall always listen to the people and will never turn my back on you.”

President Tinubu also addressed the recent negotiations with organized labour on a new national minimum wage, stating that the government has negotiated in good faith and will soon send an executive bill to the National Assembly to enshrine the agreed-upon wage for the next five years or less.

He said it is important to have both political and economic democracy, urging the nation to continue working towards a brighter future.

The president acknowledged the economic difficulties faced by the country and the need for reforms to create a stronger foundation for growth.

He added, “In the end, our national greatness will not be achieved by travelling the easy road. It can only be achieved by taking the right one.

“We dare not slumber lest the good things awaiting our immediate future pass us by. We dare not plant our feet in idle standstill in the middle of the intersection of hope and despair.

“The initial rays of a brighter tomorrow now appear on the early horizon. An abundant future and our capacity to achieve that future lie within our reach. Democracy and the institutions it begets offer to take us to our profound destination.

“Let us board this progressive train together. Together, let us move Nigeria forward.

“Let’s continue to keep the fire of democracy burning. Let’s keep the torch lit for generations to come.”

Source : https://politicsnigeria.com/i-will-never-turn-my-back-on-you-president-tinubu-tells-nigerians-speaks-on-economic-reforms/

Nigerians believe in you sir.
Re: I Will Never Turn My Back On You – President Tinubu Tells Nigerians by DMerciful(m): 7:54am On Jun 12
You just cannot give what you don't have

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Turn My Back On You – President Tinubu Tells Nigerians by Artscollection: 7:55am On Jun 12
He was refering to agbadorians!!!
Re: I Will Never Turn My Back On You – President Tinubu Tells Nigerians by Melagros(m): 7:56am On Jun 12
COMRADES, says by the most useless leader in who ever ruled Nigeria
Re: I Will Never Turn My Back On You – President Tinubu Tells Nigerians by Jimmur(m): 8:00am On Jun 12
Your Excellency sir, you already turn your back on us. Personally, I have never had it this bad.
Re: I Will Never Turn My Back On You – President Tinubu Tells Nigerians by Onogiede(m): 8:02am On Jun 12
Artscollection:
He was refering to agbadorians!!!
can u imagine South Africa current election in electing their best candidate with interruption from useless stupid justice as Nigeria, God will continue punishing all those satanic APC destroying the nation.
Re: I Will Never Turn My Back On You – President Tinubu Tells Nigerians by eliyke(m): 8:02am On Jun 12
dis man dey toast us

Re: I Will Never Turn My Back On You – President Tinubu Tells Nigerians by Parydelegate: 8:06am On Jun 12
Motivational speaker
Re: I Will Never Turn My Back On You – President Tinubu Tells Nigerians by Ezmans: 8:17am On Jun 12
SwissMass:
God bless Nigeria
any hope for agbadorians number one food (beans) coming down?
Re: I Will Never Turn My Back On You – President Tinubu Tells Nigerians by Bobloco: 8:19am On Jun 12
Tinubu is a 🤡
Re: I Will Never Turn My Back On You – President Tinubu Tells Nigerians by Godfullsam(m): 8:21am On Jun 12
Pls turn your back and leave...
Re: I Will Never Turn My Back On You – President Tinubu Tells Nigerians by Treasure17(m): 8:24am On Jun 12
Mtcheeew
Re: I Will Never Turn My Back On You – President Tinubu Tells Nigerians by AcadaWriter: 10:16am On Jun 12
You just cannot give what you don't have
Re: I Will Never Turn My Back On You – President Tinubu Tells Nigerians by Judgementa1: 10:19am On Jun 12
Man102:

A big word from the president.
Re: I Will Never Turn My Back On You – President Tinubu Tells Nigerians by Macdeey: 10:30am On Jun 12
Yes we know !!! Because You were facing is when loading hardship on us now !

Re: I Will Never Turn My Back On You – President Tinubu Tells Nigerians by Mynd44: 4:39am On Jun 13

(1)

Eid-el-kabir: Senator Natasha Distributes Rams To Muslim Faithful / To Be A Supporter Of This Administration. You Must Be Heartless And Un-caring. / Comparing Petrol Costs: A Higher Burden On Nigerian Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.